Something is really bugging me

Well i started a game with my english fetish team, Rushden & Diamonds, finally 10 years on i managed to get to the Premiership, all the years i nag the board to expand the stadium, no luck they say the city will not allow that, so i waited and waited for a new stadium and no luck.

I'm going to my first season on the premiership and my stadium is a little bellow 7000 capacity, what the hell do i need to do????? Win the premiership on my first season????

I really don't know, as I play with Man Utd so my stadium gets expanded. But I'd say you need at least about 300m for a new stadium, even though I'm not sure. Maybe someone who got new stadium built could tell you? :)

The cost would depend on the size of stadium your board decide to build. The size of the stadium will depend on the amount of fans you have.

I have sympathy for you as my Hyde United side are stuck in a 6500 capacity stadium - although I have been move for 9 months to a 25000 seater while my board bring my stadium to a 6500 all seater.

Edit: I just played my first 'home' game at Huddersfield's Galpharm Stadium and was about 50 people short of a full house. So by the time I go back to my own stadium my average attendance could be 4 times the amount of people I can hold in my own stadium. With some luck my board will give me a decent stadium.

Worth noticing that you dont need the money in the bank to get a new stadium. I got a new 17,000 seat stadium by roughly 1/3rd sponsorship and 2/3rds bank loan while i only had around £1-2m in the bank. The stadium cost roughly £20m

As others have said, keep filling the stadium and you will get a new one at some point.

I know people dont like 'cheating' with the editor - but if I ever do a 'long term' game with a lower league side the only thing I edit is the expansion capcity of the stadium.

Very very few stadiums (especially smaller ones) cannot be easily expanded - the ones that cant be expanded tend to be the medium sized ones in the premiership/championship (bolton and tottenham come to mind - bolton because its purpose built in that shape and save knocking it down it cant be expanded, tottenham because its built in a bloody stupid place and a road would have to be removed to expand it).

So for me, this isnt 'cheating' its addressing an issue with the game that shouldnt be there in the first place.

Just to give you an idea of increasing attendances of a 'successful' team:

Wigan:

[edit] Attendance

Wigan Athletic have the 32nd best average attendance in England, 17,884[18] though this is the lowest in the Premier League.[19] Supporters argue that, for a club that has only been playing league football since 1978, year-on-year increases in average attendance — from 1,845 in 1995 to 19,046 in 2008[8] — represent a huge success.

Wigan has a population of 81,203 according to google (so they appear to get about 1/5 of the total population of the town!!!) Wigan has lots of small towns around it to add to its supporter base - but anyone more than about 1 mile from wigan is more likely to support a liverpool or manchester team (not to mention preston, blackpool, bolton and basically half the bloody proffesional teams in england!)

Rusden and Diamonds is in rushden right ontop of wellingborough - pop 46,959 + Rushden pop - 25,849 = 72,808 - which is about the same population as wigan. Its very near northampton, however, they arent much in terms of competition and if rusden rose up the tables it could get a fairly decent supporter base (northampton has a population of almost 200,000 in 2001) Further out, a successful team in the area has very little competition, being surrounded by cambridge, coventary and peterborough. (no offence meant, im just comparing them to the HUGE teams surrounding wigan)

I wonder what the fan catchment area fir rushden is? I mean if they get to the prem on real life will they suddenly get loads more fans turning up to games? Or will they always struggle to gain fans due to were they are.

Well the Rushden and Diamonds teams are a merger of 2 teams from 2 towns Irthlingborough and Rushden, the play at Nene Park at Irthlingborough.

Irthlingborough has about 9000 people and Rushden is about 28,000 people so 37000 people a stadium of 15.000 would be great.

IRL Rushden has some decent attendances, and some followers do follow the team on road games.

Archived