Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.3 Downtime notification (UPDATE HAS BEEN DELAYED)

Default Version 1.3 Downtime notification (UPDATE HAS BEEN DELAYED)

We’re pleased to confirm that the anticipated Version 1.3 Update is planned to be released on Wednesday 7th October. It is likely to result in an extended period of downtime that could see the game unavailable from 6am until 4pm (now 6pm see below update) (BST) – although we hope to have all gameworlds up and running before then.

The update is our third major enhancement - the key features are outlined below and a full changelist can be found on the manual.

BRAND NEW MATCH ENGINE
    1.3 introduces the FML manager to the latest, bleeding edge version of the FM/FML match engine. This engine reaches a new level of depth and detail and is a big step forward that all managers should enjoy. It also takes us bang up to date to the very latest version bringing us in sync with Football Manager 2010 This means that, from now on, we'll always have the most updated version. Please note, this will be implemented in the nearest "off-season" to the update in your gameworld, so as to make sure it doesn't affect your league table. Please note, this will be implemented in the nearest "off-season" to the update in your gameworld, so as to make sure it doesn't affect your league table.

It comes with a great set of new tactical 'shouts', which add extra ease to the already excellent tactical system developed in 1.2. See the above piture for a quick look!

Click here to find out more

COMPUTER CONTROLLED TEAMS
    1.3 introduces a body of custom-built CPU teams to the game. These teams are always available for managers to test their sides against, be it to get players fit, test the strength of trialists, or search for winning team selections and tactics!

There are an incredible 20 levels of teams, with each extra level meaning an opponent is tougher to beat. Within each grading, there are differing types of opponents - some are strong but slow, other teams have individuals who are as fast as lightning. See the image above for an example!

MATCH PLANS
    Have you ever signed out of FML and worried what your team may do in your absence? Sat at work when you should have been at home guiding your side through a big match? Well if so, an excellent development for the more casual FML user is the ability to create Match Plans in 1.3.

This great new feature allows you to comprehensively dictate how you want your team to go about their business when you're not around - what tactics should they use, what should they do if they go ahead - or, (God forbid!) if they go behind?! Match plans give you control!

LATEST UPDATE: 17:30
    The Client is now ready and uploaded so you'll be able to get updating to the latest version. All that needs to happen now is to finish off some maintenance on each of the gameworld clusters.

Some of these are very nearly finished and will be available within the next half an hour. Some may take a bit longer, but should not take too long. You can get an idea of which gameworlds are up and which are not on the status page.

18:00
    As you may have noticed, it's now 6pm.

The latest is that all gameworlds have finished their optimisation and are just going through some final last minute checks.

This basically means that we're very nearly there! Please bear with us

Thankyou for your patience

18:22

We are in the process of opening the gameworlds, so those that have downloaded the client should be in shortly

19:03

The gameworlds are up and running and people are starting to be able to log in.

There is an issue with download speeds being slow at the moment which is to do with the high demand currently being placed on the servers by all those attempting to download the new client. Although we are looking at ways to try and speed this up, the best advice we can give at the moment is to try and be patient whilst it downloads as any fix to make things faster may be a while away.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thankyou for your patience.

The Football Manager Live Team
    Last edited by Bertie BG; 07-10-2009 at 19:03.

Amateur

Default Re: Version 1.3 Dates confirmed and Downtime notification

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :d

Excellent news

Amateur

would of rather had youth acedemies before this

Very nice mods, well done. I hope it turns out really good

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

Just as a matter of interest, why do you always do updates on a Wednesday?

Part-Timer

Questions about the new Match Engine for people whose offseason comes a few days after the patch:

Will there be a separate install, or timeframe issued for when we get the new Match Engine?

Will it literally be implemented as soon as the current season finishes, e.g. Monday 8pm, or will there be a different set time?

Quote Originally Posted by lukekarts View Post
    Questions about the new Match Engine for people whose offseason comes a few days after the patch:

Will there be a separate install, or timeframe issued for when we get the new Match Engine?

Will it literally be implemented as soon as the current season finishes, e.g. Monday 8pm, or will there be a different set time?
    The new ME will be installed at the same time as everything else on Wednesday.

The only difference is that your gameworld won't be set to use it until the end of your current season.

It should automatically swap over to the new Match Engine at the same time that the "end of season" mail is generated (within a few minutes of 8pm on end of season day).

That answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by dr p wigwam View Post
    Just as a matter of interest, why do you always do updates on a Wednesday?
    It's not a set reason and is flexible, but by doing it in the middle of the week gives us a couple of working days in advance to make sure everything is ready and a couple of working days after to make sure everything has worked as expected.

Youth Team
    The 5th Level of Hell - Where the Wrathful and Gloomy are sent

i figured that was why.

just turns out that under my new personal regime the only daytimes i can log in are wednesday and friday.

does this mean i'll have to find a new hobby for 'update wednesday'

Part-Timer

Thumbs up Re: Version 1.3 Dates confirmed and Downtime notification

Out of interest, Bertie... due to the potential onset of cold turkey... will the Beta GW's be affected? ie: can i still get my fix in Horton..

Quote Originally Posted by No! I am Spartacus View Post
    Out of interest, Bertie... due to the potential onset of cold turkey... will the Beta GW's be affected? ie: can i still get my fix in Horton..
    BETA GW's are due to continue as they have been and will be used to test future version. Whether it be a 1.3.1 update (if there's a need for one) or 1.4

Part-Timer

Talking Re: Version 1.3 Dates confirmed and Downtime notification

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie BG View Post
    BETA GW's are due to continue as they have been and will be used to test future version. Whether it be a 1.3.1 update (if there's a need for one) or 1.4
    Sorry, my fault for making no sense!

I meant on Wednesday... whether, whilst the Live GW's are down, the Beta GW's will still be open for action....?

Quote Originally Posted by No! I am Spartacus View Post
    Sorry, my fault for making no sense!

I meant on Wednesday... whether, whilst the Live GW's are down, the Beta GW's will still be open for action....?
    Should well be (Although I can't confirm that completely) they have been with past updates at least.

Sports Interactive Graeme Kelly's Avatar
    All of your rankings points are belong to us!

Nothing planned for any beta worlds tomorrow but if there are problems during the upgrade process then we may bring beta worlds down at very short notice to let us test potential changes before pushing them to the live gameworlds.

Amateur

Guy's would I be right in sayin you wouldnt just log in as normal after the patch? Do I need to download the actual patch from the main fmlive page (near where u see game status etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by icewolf View Post
    Guy's would I be right in sayin you wouldnt just log in as normal after the patch? Do I need to download the actual patch from the main fmlive page (near where u see game status etc)?
    Hi,

Your client will autoupdate to the latest patch, so all you have to do is (once the update is live) launch as normal

Semi Pro

Icewolf when its ready you just launch the game as normal and it will autopatch the most updated version.

Then just sit back with Drink, Food and 1.3 Happy Times

Amateur

Anyone know when they're going to create a new GW?

Amateur

Can anyone download the new client yet? I'm not saw toms was ready;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Errol1967 View Post
    Can anyone download the new client yet? I'm not saw toms was ready;-)
    Toms is not up and running yet. Just because its green on the server status page doesn't mean its active yet.

Amateur

I'm off for a few hours of work, hopefully by the time I'm back it will be happy days

Quote Originally Posted by bobkatfan View Post
    Anyone know when they're going to create a new GW?
    There is a new Gameworld in the pipeline, but those less active players have been targeted for playing in it. By this, I mean that SI are trying to encourage people who have become inactive over the last month or so, and have offered them the option to be 'one of the first' in a new Gameworld. Not sure of much more than this...but they are really trying to sell 1.3 to those who have become uninterested.

Fingers crossed the update is all ready sooner rather than later

Chris Hall
    Muhren Chat Help/Org
    Irish Vikings AFC

Amateur

Better not open new GW, better merge 2 into one and they can keep their skills and stadium etc., but just for the people who are in these GW. Let's say...all the GW with less 65% must be reset (let's say 10), SI pick the half of this GW's (5) and those people can pick one of those GW and keeping their skills, stadium etc., if this is possible, but opening new one, will not solve the problems, it makes it worser then it is now.

I can understand your point, but I can also see the logic behind the apparent plans with a new Gameworld. At the end of the day, it is a company that is primarily interested in money - and by enticing back old subscribers, FML can generate more funds. But I am also sure that they are looking at a range of solutions to combat the problems and issues that many have with the current Gameworld situation, as you quite rightly pointed out Errol.

Amateur

Does anybody expect it to be up before 4pm? Just wondering when I check the status the GW are red. Is it gospel that they are offline until they go green?

Many ta's
    D

I was wondering the same. Earlier 3 gameworlds were shown as online and then suddenly none.
    I hope there isn't a problem with it

Reserves

It's pretty normal I think to bring worlds up to test something and then knock them off again. I wouldn't worry... yet

You're probably right, there were 7 gameworlds shown as online a minute ago & now none. Presumably they're testing them all.
    Mind you, the grief i've had every time they do a new patch/update I will still worry until I can actually get back onto the game!!

Amateur

Still got one hour before we need to get worried,im getting brownie points with the missus at the mo.no darling cleaning the windows is more important than my silly football game,i can play my game later. lol lol lol

Amateur

Yay fml learnt something there posting news. Well done FML have a cookie

Amateur

hopefully its back up around 5 with an hour delay (when i finish work!)

wont have the new match engine for 3 weeks however because our season in Jackett kicked off yesterday..

Amateur

My gameworld is currently in pre-season state. Does that mean that I can use the 1.3 ME right away, even in pre-season?

Amateur

I would also like to know this, my gw Keane is in pre-season will we get the new ME straight away ?

Ten mins to go ! ye ha

Hi guys,

We're really sorry, but due to finding a last minute bug after upgrading we've decided to delay bringing back up the servers.

We are currently estimating that it will be 6pm (BST) before the game is back up and running although we are working as hard as possible to get them up sooner.

I will post in THIS THREAD, if there is any change to that estimate.

Thankyou for your patience

Amateur

yes as long as you aint in the middle of a season we will get the new me from today

Amateur

Sad news about the delay, I had a feeling this would happen

Hopefully it will be sooner than 6pm

Amateur

Default Re: Version 1.3 Downtime notification (UPDATE HAS BEEN DELAYED)

Bah. I was hoping to come straight home from school and be able to play.

Oh well. It's only another couple of hours. I'm just hoping that the new wages won't make my poor financial situation even worse. v_v

Amateur

Yay, thanks jmushrow!

And good luck Bertie :-)

Amateur

is that like two more hours??

Part-Timer
    Birmingham - My FML career- played in eight GW's - modded in two (head mod in one).

Quote Originally Posted by Northstate View Post
    is that like two more hours??
    Well it is best they do it properly isnt it - theres always too many whingers once an update has been implemented only to find a few probs, so a two hour delay is fine by me if thats what is needed

Amateur

Amateur

bah 2 more hours delay... good job

Amateur

Pretty sad that Greaves new season started on the 6th so we gotta wait until next season for new ME.
    1 ruddy day too early

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by volkov69 View Post
    Pretty sad that Greaves new season started on the 6th so we gotta wait until next season for new ME.
    1 ruddy day too early
    Agreed, I think myself and many other managers would much rather have the new engine available as the seasons have only just started on there.

Amateur

1 ruddy day too early
    Was just thinking the exact same thing.

Amateur

Our pre season in Le Tissier starts today so we get to use it straight away

Commiserations to the folk that have to wait. Would have been nice to all get it at the same time but I understand how that would be very tricky for SI to implement.

Roll on 6pm!

Amateur

its no disadvantage though because you're all in the same boat. If it was added now, it would be unfair on those that played matches using the old ME

Amateur
    Help I'm a Southerner and have been kidknapped and forced to live up North. Ransom fee required.

1 ruddy day too early
    I feel for you we (Shearer) started our season on the 4th so we also have to wait for the match engine.

On the bright side we will have the new ME when the FM10 demo comes out so we can as it were "test" it out before the serious business of our next season on FML starts.

Amateur

so is it a most 2 hours so it it will be definetly up by 6pm?

Amateur

7pm in denmark so i have to wait an hour longer ........lol

Amateur

JRoberts2: all sorts of things can happen, so don't be suprised to get more delays. Everything is moving pretty fast now. A quick fix for this new-found-bug can lead to a new bug, which then needs a new fix, and so on...

Give our friends of SI some time to finish up things.

Best thing to do with updates/new game launches: don't count on anything

Amateur

Guys

I tried to log on and my FML program would not run, clicked on the icon on my desk top and all it does is bring up a small blue box in the middle of the screen, with some type of time whell going round....is this because of the delay or have I other problems :S

Quote Originally Posted by nick210 View Post
    Guys

I tried to log on and my FML program would not run, clicked on the icon on my desk top and all it does is bring up a small blue box in the middle of the screen, with some type of time whell going round....is this because of the delay or have I other problems :S
    The update has been delayed until 6pm. Because of this you may find things like this happening. Keep an eye on this thread for updates and try again when it says your gameworld is live.

Amateur

Cheer RB

Amateur

I'm really looking forward to this update. I hope everything goes well for you chaps.

Amateur

Server status page says the following gameworlds are online:

Shearer
    Blissett
    Cantona
    Fernandez

Can you guys get on?

Amateur

Gbr Re: Version 1.3 Downtime notification (UPDATE HAS BEEN DELAYED)

i think they should make doing skills quicker and stadium upgrades quicker and also when yer build seats the time it takes to get yer cash back from it should be quicker... i had 1 saying 156 days before profit or sommat along them lines ... whats the point of that ... what happens if my sub runs out or i decide to quit because things take too long... isnt it just a waste of money .. and money we are throwing back into the gw .....please check my squad from le tiss s.g united and tell me if you have any players that ive got ... would like to know whats best position for them and how to play them... ty ... and roll on 6pm

Amateur

well i hope it is up at 6pm only 1 hr 20 mins to go and i got 6 days till the new watever its called to use it

Amateur

shut it dan are you promoted (Y)

Semi Pro

Dan ignore the server status page until you see a post in here saying gogogo from Bertie.

In the meantime use the time to think how you will beat me in our next match

Amateur

anyone from le tiss wanna buy a legend that is LENNY

Amateur

lol mart dan is gonna hammer you in yer next match and yer know why

cause hes buying the legend from me rofl

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by daniggulden View Post
    Server status page says the following gameworlds are online:

Shearer
    Blissett
    Cantona
    Fernandez

Can you guys get on?
    na cant get on still, just getting the sqaure with the spinning thing, same thing when they did 1.2 update

Semi Pro

Stick him in auction for a £1 you might get a sale but doubt it.

Amateur

Lenny smells, you should sign Defour!! He is class. :P

Amateur

does the update download automatically cos it took ages for the game to actually initiate, or do i have to manually do it as i havent had the option to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly H View Post
    does the update download automatically cos it took ages for the game to actually initiate, or do i have to manually do it as i havent had the option to install.
    It will download automatically once we've given the green light

Amateur

you would love him mart yer little minx you

Quote Originally Posted by matty14 View Post
    Lenny smells, you should sign Defour!! He is class. :P
    Defour is class!

Semi Pro

I doubt it ive decided its time Carlos Vela had a wee stint upfront He should blend well with Trejo

Amateur

matt me n you 1st game tonight lenny hat trick

Amateur

Thanks mate. appreciate it, everyone have a good time on the new update

Semi Pro

Defour WAS class Bertie but Matt broke him like everyone he signs they turn to mush.

Amateur

Haha, see Bertie knows what he is talking about. :P Game on Griff Unless its after 6:30pm i have footy training in the rain.

Amateur

it already started:P

I mean i have managed to download the client but can not connect....
    And i have lots of things to do in 3gws

Amateur

Lies Martin, I made Manco what he is now. :P

Amateur

ive got Luis angel landin and Sandro they own

Semi Pro

HeHe Manky Manco the butt of so many jokes live on the Le Tissier Radio show

Amateur

you footy training at 6.30 im training at 7
    lol .... maybe another day

Amateur

anyone from muhren here atm?

Amateur

whats wrong with the website i can't renew mt supsription whats ends today

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by istronic View Post
    it already started:P

I mean i have managed to download the client but can not connect....
    And i have lots of things to do in 3gws
    I'm getting the same - client downloaded, but not connecting???
    Paul

Amateur

Maybe Haha Martin I think you were all jealous. Bet it made you chuckle at that 3m i got for him.

Semi Pro

Bertie will update when its ready JP.

Amateur

nothing wrong with it

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Olly H View Post
    anyone from muhren here atm?
    yes matey

Semi Pro

Thumbs up Re: Version 1.3 Downtime notification (UPDATE HAS BEEN DELAYED)

Maybe Haha Martin I think you were all jealous. Bet it made you chuckle at that 3m i got for him.
    His reputation was created by the radio show he was a must have after the big air advertisement for him.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jpcrawley View Post
    I'm getting the same - client downloaded, but not connecting???
    Paul

PAUL get ur *** in Jackett now:P

Yes mate

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ViBeZ View Post
    yes matey
    muhren owns :P

might look into youth academy now too...

Amateur

Good to see so many Le Tiss managers here

I wonder what golden oldies I can sign to help me stay in the prem?! Might need a few!!

Amateur

Haha True. I guess i owe you for that :P

Amateur

Servers getting online again?

Amateur

Arrrrgggghhhhh, My GWs season started on Monday...

So i guess that means another whole season with the current infuriating & predictable ME.
    Another season of throwing first legs, not using subs for fear of killing there rating. And screaming at the PC when rank 999s only shot at goal is the match winner.
    I can see me going 460 and logging out for a month.

Amateur

That's the spirit Nuclear!! Go into self detsruct mode!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear FC View Post

So i guess that means another whole season with the current infuriating & predictable ME.
    Another season of throwing first legs, not using subs for fear of killing there rating. And screaming at the PC when rank 999s only shot at goal is the match winner.

LOL.... if you can not beat teams in 999 then it is your fault mate not ME's...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear FC View Post

wow ure cool

Amateur

10 gw up ?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by daniggulden View Post
    Good to see so many Le Tiss managers here

I wonder what golden oldies I can sign to help me stay in the prem?! Might need a few!!
    11 Should do it Dan

Haha True. I guess i owe you for that :P
    Yes you do Matt, remember I will call in that favour one day.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast