will man city do good in fm 10

Kifty

WILL MAN CITY DO WELL IN FM10  

156 members have voted

1. 1. WILL MAN CITY DO WELL IN FM10

• DO WELL
    • WONT DO WELL

"do good" seriously people? Can we please not get our adjective/adverb usage mixed? Anyways, of course they will pose a threat. They will also buy a lot of players as they did in FM09.

You need to remember that people who post may not use English as a first language and conseqeuntly, may not know how to use the English language to its fullest. As long as the point is understandable then its fine and there is no need for pedantry.

I think that they will do well and challenge the 'top 4', but I think that they will be overrated. I don't want to pre-empt FM10 because that would be unfair, but going on what Miles said in his interview with Jon McClure in Day 1 of his blog, he refers to his Man City team which I think was in FM10, and he sais that he got both Fabregas, and S. Gerrard by the start of the second season (off the top of my head, please correct me if I am wrong!).

Which would suggest that they can just cherry pick the worlds best! But Miles did say that both Liverpool and Arsenal did not finish in the 'top 4' so that will have had a big influence.

I hope that their repuation, ability to attract the best players, and team's ability are not rated too highly. The good start to their season in real life though may influence this but I hope it won't too much.

I think that they will do well and challenge the 'top 4', but I think that they will be overrated. I don't want to pre-empt FM10 because that would be unfair, but going on what Miles said in his interview with Jon McClure in Day 1 of his blog, he refers to his Man City team which I think was in FM10, and he sais that he got both Fabregas, and S. Gerrard by the start of the second season (off the top of my head, please correct me if I am wrong!).

Which would suggest that they can just cherry pick the worlds best! But Miles did say that both Liverpool and Arsenal did not finish in the 'top 4' so that will have had a big influence.

I hope that their repuation, ability to attract the best players, and team's ability are not rated too highly. The good start to their season in real life though may influence this but I hope it won't too much.

Spot on! I totally agree :thup: But more than anything I hope that Arsenal will be downgraded, as thay were hugely overrated in FM09!

Spot on! I totally agree :thup: But more than anything I hope that Arsenal will be downgraded, as thay were hugely overrated in FM09!

Yeah I agree. Although they are capable of sheer brilliance, their brittleness, defensive inequalities, and lack of leadership should be reflected in the game.

I agree it looks wrong seeing Arsenal win multiple championships from the off when you know it's not going to happen in real life. Man City spend a lot and bring in great players but seem to hit a glass sealing at fifth. Strange as the betting odds have them down to win most of their games but they are very inconsistent.

I'm happy about the probable squad strength that Madrid and Barca will have. It means that people will have to work hard to win the Champions League. The Man CIty squad should offer the same challenge in the Premier League.

Man city did very well on FM09, on my game from 2019 they won the prem title 8 years in a row and added 3 cl titles and a couple of other cups in that time.

Pretty unstoppable really, so i can only see them being stronger on FM10 and getting the title earlier

You need to remember that people who post may not use English as a first language and conseqeuntly, may not know how to use the English language to its fullest. As long as the point is understandable then its fine and there is no need for pedantry.

It is pretty easy to spot posters whose native tongue is not English, and he isn't on of then. The post is fine but the title isn't. But whatever.

I'm happy about the probable squad strength that Madrid and Barca will have. It means that people will have to work hard to win the Champions League. The Man CIty squad should offer the same challenge in the Premier League.

Yeah it will add another challenge playing as a top EPL team, trying to beat barca and madrid in the CL. My only worry was that it was tough on fm 09 to overcome Madrid even though they were so bad irl, they often won La Liga over barca in the first season even though barcelona had a much stronger squad irl, some of the madrid players were overrated.

Yeah it will add another challenge playing as a top EPL team, trying to beat barca and madrid in the CL. My only worry was that it was tough on fm 09 to overcome Madrid even though they were so bad irl, they often won La Liga over barca in the first season even though barcelona had a much stronger squad irl, some of the madrid players were overrated.

Yeah if Real Madrid were rated in FM09 I hate to think how well they will be rated in FM10, with the

signings they've made they will only be better but should be a fair bit behind the mighty Barca!

If you play FM09 with those unofficial updates, City is easily a Top 4 team, in fact, they challenged me for the title for the last 2 seasons.

Arsenal actually bombed out of the top 4 in the first season and never came back.

I expect that to be the same in FM2010, especially given the amount of money they have and the fact Mark Hughes is well rated enough to be able to use that money.

Real Madrid is even more interesting with the unofficial updates as they don't seem satisfied with their squad at all.

Start of the game and already they bought my Berbatov, and they also want my Vidic.

Almost laughed when I checked out their team a few months in and saw Kaka and Benzema on the bench with Berbatov and Raul starting!

Archived