Amateur

Default will man city do good in fm 10

do you think man city will do well on fm10

Third Team

Default Re: will man city do good in fm 10

I hope they won't

Youth Team

Depends, AI Man City or user controlled Man City? Either way, they will be a threat eventually. You cant have that much money and not be a success really.

Amateur

"do good" seriously people? Can we please not get our adjective/adverb usage mixed? Anyways, of course they will pose a threat. They will also buy a lot of players as they did in FM09.

Semi Pro

If you try a game on any of the unofficial updates they tend to hit the top 4 first season, then slowly get better. The only thing i've noticed is that they tend to replace a lot of their players in the 2nd summer transfer window.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by boomheadshot45 View Post
    "do good" seriously people? Can we please not get our adjective/adverb usage mixed? Anyways, of course they will pose a threat. They will also buy a lot of players as they did in FM09.
    You need to remember that people who post may not use English as a first language and conseqeuntly, may not know how to use the English language to its fullest. As long as the point is understandable then its fine and there is no need for pedantry.

Amateur

Its a bit vague to be honest.

Amateur

not as good as arsonel if the deal's still in place fm has.

Semi Pro

I think that they will do well and challenge the 'top 4', but I think that they will be overrated. I don't want to pre-empt FM10 because that would be unfair, but going on what Miles said in his interview with Jon McClure in Day 1 of his blog, he refers to his Man City team which I think was in FM10, and he sais that he got both Fabregas, and S. Gerrard by the start of the second season (off the top of my head, please correct me if I am wrong!).

Which would suggest that they can just cherry pick the worlds best! But Miles did say that both Liverpool and Arsenal did not finish in the 'top 4' so that will have had a big influence.
    I hope that their repuation, ability to attract the best players, and team's ability are not rated too highly. The good start to their season in real life though may influence this but I hope it won't too much.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by nev147 View Post
    I think that they will do well and challenge the 'top 4', but I think that they will be overrated. I don't want to pre-empt FM10 because that would be unfair, but going on what Miles said in his interview with Jon McClure in Day 1 of his blog, he refers to his Man City team which I think was in FM10, and he sais that he got both Fabregas, and S. Gerrard by the start of the second season (off the top of my head, please correct me if I am wrong!).

Which would suggest that they can just cherry pick the worlds best! But Miles did say that both Liverpool and Arsenal did not finish in the 'top 4' so that will have had a big influence.
    I hope that their repuation, ability to attract the best players, and team's ability are not rated too highly. The good start to their season in real life though may influence this but I hope it won't too much.
    Spot on! I totally agree But more than anything I hope that Arsenal will be downgraded, as thay were hugely overrated in FM09!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio MVP View Post
    Spot on! I totally agree But more than anything I hope that Arsenal will be downgraded, as thay were hugely overrated in FM09!
    Yeah I agree. Although they are capable of sheer brilliance, their brittleness, defensive inequalities, and lack of leadership should be reflected in the game.

Amateur

I agree it looks wrong seeing Arsenal win multiple championships from the off when you know it's not going to happen in real life. Man City spend a lot and bring in great players but seem to hit a glass sealing at fifth. Strange as the betting odds have them down to win most of their games but they are very inconsistent.

Amateur

They won the Premiership on my game on FM09. Of course they'll do well, however's in charge.

They've got quality players and unlimited amount of cash for extra players!

Amateur

Well i'll be manager of them so they will do well (Y)

Amateur

We could have another Arsenal team in the making if the money they have spent is anything to go by, everyone must remember how hard arsenal were to beat in FM09.

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

no....................they are city

only joking................I am sure they will do very well ...top 4

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

I feel certain that the Arsenal Match Engine bug has been fixed and such as Man Citeh will pose a threat.

Semi Pro

I'm more worried about Real Madrid, they were really good on 09 even though they weren't doing very well irl and now they have a whole bunch of star players, and i suspect alonso will get an increase.

Amateur

I'm happy about the probable squad strength that Madrid and Barca will have. It means that people will have to work hard to win the Champions League. The Man CIty squad should offer the same challenge in the Premier League.
    Last edited by Vane; 28-09-2009 at 12:59. Reason: Reworded for the benefit of George Spurs!!

Banned

You're English is terrible!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by boomheadshot45 View Post
    "do good" seriously people? Can we please not get our adjective/adverb usage mixed?
    Wishes we didn't pass on Rubio
    Shouldn't that be, "wishes we hadn't passed on Rubio"?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by George_Spurs View Post
    I have got bored with the whole game itself... not sure why this is, but haven't touched it for a month. This will probably be the last version I ever bye, it just seems to be the same old game.
    :*********)

Amateur

Your right. Its really terrible.

Amateur

Off day!!

Amateur

I imagine they well do better in FM10 rather than FM09 when in a few saves they actually got relegated in the first season

Amateur

Hopefully not Arsenal Domination again...

Amateur

Did you mean to write that?

Amateur

Arsenal were definitely on steroids on fm09!

Part-Timer

Man city did very well on FM09, on my game from 2019 they won the prem title 8 years in a row and added 3 cl titles and a couple of other cups in that time.
    Pretty unstoppable really, so i can only see them being stronger on FM10 and getting the title earlier

Amateur
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!

I won't be suprised if Man City win the EPL in the first season, only because i did it with the players they've got now (apart from Sylvinho)

Amateur

dey will be class because in my save in fm09 they are the 3rd best team in europe behind real madrid and barcelona

Banned

No. Simply because, going by this year's game, they'll buy all my dead wood for extortionate fees

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    You need to remember that people who post may not use English as a first language and conseqeuntly, may not know how to use the English language to its fullest. As long as the point is understandable then its fine and there is no need for pedantry.
    It is pretty easy to spot posters whose native tongue is not English, and he isn't on of then. The post is fine but the title isn't. But whatever.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    I'm happy about the probable squad strength that Madrid and Barca will have. It means that people will have to work hard to win the Champions League. The Man CIty squad should offer the same challenge in the Premier League.
    Yeah it will add another challenge playing as a top EPL team, trying to beat barca and madrid in the CL. My only worry was that it was tough on fm 09 to overcome Madrid even though they were so bad irl, they often won La Liga over barca in the first season even though barcelona had a much stronger squad irl, some of the madrid players were overrated.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by charlo116 View Post
    Yeah it will add another challenge playing as a top EPL team, trying to beat barca and madrid in the CL. My only worry was that it was tough on fm 09 to overcome Madrid even though they were so bad irl, they often won La Liga over barca in the first season even though barcelona had a much stronger squad irl, some of the madrid players were overrated.
    Yeah if Real Madrid were rated in FM09 I hate to think how well they will be rated in FM10, with the
    signings they've made they will only be better but should be a fair bit behind the mighty Barca!

Semi Pro

Thumbs up Re: will man city do good in fm 10

I think they will do well in FM 2010!

Amateur

If you play FM09 with those unofficial updates, City is easily a Top 4 team, in fact, they challenged me for the title for the last 2 seasons.
    Arsenal actually bombed out of the top 4 in the first season and never came back.

I expect that to be the same in FM2010, especially given the amount of money they have and the fact Mark Hughes is well rated enough to be able to use that money.

Real Madrid is even more interesting with the unofficial updates as they don't seem satisfied with their squad at all.
    Start of the game and already they bought my Berbatov, and they also want my Vidic.
    Almost laughed when I checked out their team a few months in and saw Kaka and Benzema on the bench with Berbatov and Raul starting!

+ Reply to Thread