+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: An idea for FM 2011..

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    128

    Default An idea for FM 2011..

    ..Maybe it's implemented in the new FM 2010, I haven't read all of the new features, but what about when you have a penalty shoot out, like in real life, players nominating whether or not they want to take a penalty? I think it'd be a nice lil' feature to put in to be honest.

  2. #2
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Shall we just see hoe FM2010 pans out first?

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Which is why I said maybe it's been implemented in the newer version. So less with the attitude. After some of the shocking decisions and ideas they came up with last year, from the press conferences that were interesting for all of 5 minutes to the activation procedure, they need all the ideas and help they can get.

  4. #4
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by continentalmanager3 View Post
    Which is why I said maybe it's been implemented in the newer version. So less with the attitude. After some of the shocking decisions and ideas they came up with last year, from the press conferences that were interesting for all of 5 minutes to the activation procedure, they need all the ideas and help they can get.
    If you read the blogs, especially the earlier ones, you will see just how many ideas SI actually have.

    I was merely making the point that this years FM is not out yet and your coming up with ideas for the next one. Quite frankly, its not the best idea tbh, although its by far from being the worst i may add.

    Also, where was the attitude?

  5. #5

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by continentalmanager3 View Post
    ..Maybe it's implemented in the new FM 2010, I haven't read all of the new features, but what about when you have a penalty shoot out, like in real life, players nominating whether or not they want to take a penalty? I think it'd be a nice lil' feature to put in to be honest.
    Stupid idea

  6. #6
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    30th September 2007
    Location
    Brighton and Hove
    Posts
    1,092

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    I like that idea, but i can understand baker.simons views. I personally like taking penalties during the 90 minutes but in a shootout i refuse to take them.

  7. #7
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    3rd February 2008
    Location
    Small village in the middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    1,467

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    FM 2011 threads already started!

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    28th July 2009
    Location
    UK , Where freedom of speech is alive.
    Posts
    875

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by roooonaldooo View Post
    FM 2011 threads already started!
    and i dont even know why it has when its comming out in 1 years time

  9. #9
    Reserves
    Join Date
    12th December 2006
    Posts
    11,655

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    It's not as if features are decided in a year, it's much earlier than that so the earlier the better. TBH, most of the threads over the past couple of months saying 'FM10 idea' should have been FM11 idea.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    14th November 2008
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPalaceFMWinner View Post
    Stupid idea
    Hows that then numnuts? It's what happens "IRL". A manager doesn't just go into a circle of players and say "you, you, you,you and you. get up there and take them"

    Stupid poster.

  11. #11
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    29th August 2007
    Location
    www.nufcblog.co.uk
    Posts
    5,873

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by continentalmanager3 View Post
    Hows that then numnuts? It's what happens "IRL". A manager doesn't just go into a circle of players and say "you, you, you,you and you. get up there and take them"

    Stupid poster.
    But in game, after your first 5 choices, dont they do it randomly anyway? Almost as if they were stepping up for it themselves anyway.

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th June 2008
    Location
    Somewhere Raining, England
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    It would be nice to know if the player wishes to take a penalty, however if what your suggesting is that the players choose themselves who is taking one then its not such a good idea

  13. #13
    First Team
    Join Date
    5th June 2007
    Location
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010
    Posts
    22,222

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    But in game, after your first 5 choices, dont they do it randomly anyway? Almost as if they were stepping up for it themselves anyway.
    No, they do it roughly on penalty taking ability. And do you really only select five players? I pick all 11...

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st November 2007
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    No, they do it roughly on penalty taking ability. And do you really only select five players? I pick all 11...
    I order every player in my squad so I don't need to do this.

  15. #15

    Default Re: An idea for FM 2011..

    I think it would add realism.

    IRL if a player doesnt want to take a pen he tells the manager and usually doesnt take one. Regardless of ability, sometimes a player just doesnt feel right about taking a pen.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts