Does anyone just manage international teams?

I am currently managing Scotland while I wait for FM2010 but have to agree with the op and say that it is pretty boring waiting for matches to come around. I have just been offered the Rangers job and was wondering if I would be able to take the Rangers job and still be manager of Scotland. I suppose considering that I have made more than 4000 post to this forum I really should know the answer to this but i dont:rolleyes: so if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.

I am currently managing Scotland while I wait for FM2010 but have to agree with the op and say that it is pretty boring waiting for matches to come around. I have just been offered the Rangers job and was wondering if I would be able to take the Rangers job and still be manager of Scotland. I suppose considering that I have made more than 4000 post to this forum I really should know the answer to this but i dont:rolleyes: so if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Yes you should be able to :)

On FM2006 I had a save where I just managed New Zealand and I think I got to 2024 in the end. I've always believed New Zealand is the only country in the world I could have enjoyed this type of save with though as they have virtually guaranteed wins in Oceania to keep a smile on my face, and they have a very tough challenge to compete with the top teams.

I reached the 2022 World Cup final, and it was one of my best ever save games. I've not been tempted to do this sort of save again though and I generally get bored of international management pretty quickly these days.

Yep, you will be able to manage Rangers and Scotland. But why would you want to do that to yourself?! ;):D

Well I don't tbh I was just curious to see if it was possible. I'll wait until I am offered a better job. It shouldn't be too long before that happens becuase I am doing quite well as Scotland manager - Well better than George Burley anyway :D

Its bearable if youre managing club and country, but otherwise its just too damned boring in between games to hold any kind of appeal for me... doin England/Liverpool atm (on 08), and having much more success with England, took over after Capello failed to get out of the group stages of Euro 08. Won all bar 2 of my matches (drew others) since, including a world cup win!

I have done it before as the manager of different countries at different times. Yes, as an American, the ultimate coaching job in my mind would be as the coach of the Men's National Team (MNT). Like Bobby Knight (American college basketball coach) said when given the head coach position for the Men's Olympic team, there is no greater honor than serving your country...

For me, it simply boiled down to taking a national team to the world stage...

When I just manage a national team I holiday the periods between the games (coming back just before the day of the team call up). It still takes some time between games, but I will only be playing a international team savegame if I'm doing something else at the same time (watching tv, surfing the net)

I manage England U19 in a separate save along with a club team, its a nice diversion. I am hopeing that SI will improve international management sometime in the future as promosed

Did you get offered that job, or did you have to be the England manager and then offer the job to your other manager?

I had a great game with Russia on FM 08, semi finals of the Euro's, semi's of the World Cup, qualified for the next Euro's, then lost interest. Was great fun for a while, molding the national team, and gradually introducing younger players into the squad, and obviously the international tournaments are the best part. Never been tempted to do it again though.

Archived