+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone just manage international teams?

Amateur

Default Does anyone just manage international teams?

I once had a save where I took over a country, I found it so boring. There isn't really any point in attending the games I don't think so inbetween games what do you do?
    It would be ok if I had a club to manage too, I just want to know if anyone manages a country only and enjoys it?

Amateur

Default Re: Does anyone just manage international teams?

I managed England between 2019-2022. Was good fun, won the Confederations Cup then resigned the day I won the World Cup to go back to club management

Third Team

I am currently managing Scotland while I wait for FM2010 but have to agree with the op and say that it is pretty boring waiting for matches to come around. I have just been offered the Rangers job and was wondering if I would be able to take the Rangers job and still be manager of Scotland. I suppose considering that I have made more than 4000 post to this forum I really should know the answer to this but i dont so if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    I am currently managing Scotland while I wait for FM2010 but have to agree with the op and say that it is pretty boring waiting for matches to come around. I have just been offered the Rangers job and was wondering if I would be able to take the Rangers job and still be manager of Scotland. I suppose considering that I have made more than 4000 post to this forum I really should know the answer to this but i dont so if anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful.
    Yes you should be able to

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Yep, you will be able to manage Rangers and Scotland. But why would you want to do that to yourself?! ;)

Amateur

On FM2006 I had a save where I just managed New Zealand and I think I got to 2024 in the end. I've always believed New Zealand is the only country in the world I could have enjoyed this type of save with though as they have virtually guaranteed wins in Oceania to keep a smile on my face, and they have a very tough challenge to compete with the top teams.

I reached the 2022 World Cup final, and it was one of my best ever save games. I've not been tempted to do this sort of save again though and I generally get bored of international management pretty quickly these days.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Yep, you will be able to manage Rangers and Scotland. But why would you want to do that to yourself?! ;)
    Well I don't tbh I was just curious to see if it was possible. I'll wait until I am offered a better job. It shouldn't be too long before that happens becuase I am doing quite well as Scotland manager - Well better than George Burley anyway

Amateur

yeah you can do it.I'm managing Tottenham and England.

Youth Team

For some reason, International management has never appealed to me. Its the long wait between games that would do my head in.

Youth Team

Its bearable if youre managing club and country, but otherwise its just too damned boring in between games to hold any kind of appeal for me... doin England/Liverpool atm (on 08), and having much more success with England, took over after Capello failed to get out of the group stages of Euro 08. Won all bar 2 of my matches (drew others) since, including a world cup win!

Amateur

Yeah, it takes a considerable amount of time for matches to approach with international management. I prefer managing two teams at once, makes it more enjoyable. ;)

Amateur

I have done it before as the manager of different countries at different times. Yes, as an American, the ultimate coaching job in my mind would be as the coach of the Men's National Team (MNT). Like Bobby Knight (American college basketball coach) said when given the head coach position for the Men's Olympic team, there is no greater honor than serving your country...

For me, it simply boiled down to taking a national team to the world stage...

I'm the Switzerland manager presently; when I first took the job, I was coaching in the Super League, and would use my position as national team manager to make future transfer targets love me and (therefore) much easier to sign. ;)

Amateur
    Behind a keyboard, mouse and a monitor, whilst cheering the almighty Reading FC!

I would just lose desire just being an international manager, i would have to be in charge of a club aswell. All those months of waiting just for one or two game, but on the other hand Euro and World cup competitions are very fun

Amateur

Isnt enough international games to warrant it in my opinion, most of your time would be spent sitting around scratching your butt.

Amateur

When I just manage a national team I holiday the periods between the games (coming back just before the day of the team call up). It still takes some time between games, but I will only be playing a international team savegame if I'm doing something else at the same time (watching tv, surfing the net)

i think that area in the game has room to improve... more news, more pressure by fans, the press... coaching a national team i think is hardest than coach some clubs.

Third Team

I find international management so boring that I don't even do it besides managing a club. In the end I just feel it disturbs me whenever a game comes.

Amateur

I like the idea of managing an international club, I always try and play a game as Hungary, but the down time is killer. I holiday when I can, but it's still a bit of a drag.

Amateur

Managing Esbjerg and Jamaica, got rejected for the Ireland job!

Amateur

I manage England U19 in a separate save along with a club team, its a nice diversion. I am hopeing that SI will improve international management sometime in the future as promosed

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by anthony wright View Post
    I manage England U19 in a separate save along with a club team, its a nice diversion. I am hopeing that SI will improve international management sometime in the future as promosed
    Did you get offered that job, or did you have to be the England manager and then offer the job to your other manager?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mitz9O View Post
    Did you get offered that job, or did you have to be the England manager and then offer the job to your other manager?
    No I started as U19 manager by coming out of the wizard choosing nations choosing England then clicking on the U19 squad and then clicking on take control

Youth Team

My current save, in 2016, I have only managed International teams. I'm quite enjoying it actually, had a really good run with Canada, but currently working my way through all available nations (using DDT file so there are loads) in an attempt to learn every language

Amateur

I had a great game with Russia on FM 08, semi finals of the Euro's, semi's of the World Cup, qualified for the next Euro's, then lost interest. Was great fun for a while, molding the national team, and gradually introducing younger players into the squad, and obviously the international tournaments are the best part. Never been tempted to do it again though.

Semi Pro

I managed England as well as the U21 and U19 squads!

Amateur

I dont usually manage international teams but the most fufilling game ive had in recent times was with England. I won EURO 2008, 2009 Confederations Cup, 2010 World Cup and 2013 Confederations Cup.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by One man went to mow View Post
    I dont usually manage international teams but the most fufilling game ive had in recent times was with England. I won EURO 2008, 2009 Confederations Cup, 2010 World Cup and 2013 Confederations Cup.
    If only this happened in real life

Amateur

Smile Re: Does anyone just manage international teams?

Quote Originally Posted by One man went to mow View Post
    Only in FM

+ Reply to Thread