Bonus Points

I doubt it but could you put bonus points into a created league to make the league exciting till the last game of the season? Like in rugby.

For example:

Clean Sheet = 1 point

4 goals score in one game = 1 point

Red card in a game = -1 point

Top goal scorer = 5 points

Least Yellow and Red cards in a season = 10

Most Yellow and Red cards in a season = -10

I doubt it will be included but it would make the league more interesting. Imagion missing out on the title because of a red card in the final minutes of the last game of the season or surviving relegation due to Fair play throughout the season.

The Emirates cup has 3 points for a win and a point for each goal scored, this would stop teams like Liverpool and Chelsea who tend to try and shut up shop after scoring, its not a bad idea I guess, but the reason its been 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw for so long is that it works. Last thing you want is a team losing 10 games a season but winning the league coz they have a couple of 7 or 8 nils a season

The Emirates cup has 3 points for a win and a point for each goal scored, this would stop teams like Liverpool and Chelsea who tend to try and shut up shop after scoring, its not a bad idea I guess, but the reason its been 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw for so long is that it works. Last thing you want is a team losing 10 games a season but winning the league coz they have a couple of 7 or 8 nils a season

Thats why the new F1 point scoring never happened because a driver could win the first 10 races and not bother to drive for the rest of the season. As you say you could lose a lot of your games and then win a few 7 or 8 nils and still do quite well. it should be how you do for the entire season.

Archived