+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bonus Points

Amateur

Default Bonus Points

I doubt it but could you put bonus points into a created league to make the league exciting till the last game of the season? Like in rugby.

For example:
    Clean Sheet = 1 point
    4 goals score in one game = 1 point
    Red card in a game = -1 point
    Top goal scorer = 5 points
    Least Yellow and Red cards in a season = 10
    Most Yellow and Red cards in a season = -10

I doubt it will be included but it would make the league more interesting. Imagion missing out on the title because of a red card in the final minutes of the last game of the season or surviving relegation due to Fair play throughout the season.

Youth Team

Default Re: Bonus Points

funnily enough, i was thinking of pretty much the same thing last night!! too much caffeine will do that to ya!

Amateur

i think by doing or avoiding the things on that list you are rewarded anyway, mostly with 3 points.
    sorry but bad idea.

Amateur

How about: if you score more goals then an opponent you get 3 points, if you score the same number you get 1 and if you score less you get 0 points. That seems like a pretty nice system.

Part-Timer

FA were toying with the idea of awarding an extra point to teams who score 3 or more.

Also they were thinking about (probably not too seriously) allowing teams to have a shootout at the end of a draw. The winning team would get 2 points instead of the one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bardock View Post

Also they were thinking about (probably not too seriously) allowing teams to have a shootout at the end of a draw. The winning team would get 2 points instead of the one.
    they used to do that in the u.s.a i think a long time ago.

Amateur

The Emirates cup has 3 points for a win and a point for each goal scored, this would stop teams like Liverpool and Chelsea who tend to try and shut up shop after scoring, its not a bad idea I guess, but the reason its been 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw for so long is that it works. Last thing you want is a team losing 10 games a season but winning the league coz they have a couple of 7 or 8 nils a season

Amateur
    Channon...nice touch there...oh look at this, Bobby Stokes...HIT WELL...

A lot of leagues have had similiar systems in the past, admittedly mostly minor leagues.

The Chinese League I think at one stage had an extra 'goal' in the Goals For ranking when a team scored a headed goal. That's the quirkest i can remember.

Reserves

I think one of the blogs did mention that you can create your own rules for points in the editor, but I doubt it would be to the extent you want. Maybe give 5 points for a win, or an extra point for an away win or something. Let's wait and see.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Lockers View Post
    The Emirates cup has 3 points for a win and a point for each goal scored, this would stop teams like Liverpool and Chelsea who tend to try and shut up shop after scoring, its not a bad idea I guess, but the reason its been 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw for so long is that it works. Last thing you want is a team losing 10 games a season but winning the league coz they have a couple of 7 or 8 nils a season
    Thats why the new F1 point scoring never happened because a driver could win the first 10 races and not bother to drive for the rest of the season. As you say you could lose a lot of your games and then win a few 7 or 8 nils and still do quite well. it should be how you do for the entire season.

+ Reply to Thread