Are transfers broken? FM09

Natey

Heres what is happening with me in FM09, I am one cashed up team Fisher (I have cheated here to have lots of cash to test my theory on a different save).

--- Problem 1 ---

I have tried to buy a player say the Thurrock goal keeper I offer a large sum for him and the club is delighted and lets me talk contracts with the player. I then discuss with the player contracts and he says not interested to join. I offer like 5K per week and 200K+ just to sign and maximum for appearance and clean sheets about 1K+ for both.

The dude is currently on about 500 per week and I get some weak reason for the reason he isnt moving is because he just joined Thurrock. This happens with soooo many players I try and buy (I tested it on like 10 players). I mean this is rediculous if someone is handed that sort of contract and is already allowed to talk contracts, as in the club is happy for him to go, why on earth wouldnt the player take such an obvious choice?? A problem in the game for sure.

--- Problem 2 ---

I try and loan a player from a few teams the players are worth about one million. I offer 3 million to loan the player for just one season but only pay 90% of the players wages. Again I get some stupid response saying that they wont accept the fact they have to pay 10%. of the wages. I cant pay any more of the players wages as I have a limit so I offer even more money for him 5 million still I get the same stupid response from the team I am trying to loan from.

Anyone agree with this, any ideas how I try and buy players when there all so daft and dont know a good opportunity if it bit them in the ass??

did you change your club's reputation??? iirc, Fisher are one of the lowest ranked teams in the game, therefore its perfectly understandable that players dont want to sign for you even if you offer massive wages, as theyre seeing it as a step backwards.

hmm so in real life your saying that if Fisher asked a player in a team in the same competition level as they are which is the Blue Square South offered that guy wages 6* his weekly wage he would say no as Fisher isnt as good a club??

I understand maybe a premier league player earning already 100K a week to knock back say 500K as 100K per week is more then enough to live the life of luxury and dropping to the bottom division wouldnt be wise.

How ever a player in a team like Thurrock being offered a contract in which the signing fee alone is equal to the guys wages for about 5 - 8 years saying no due to the lacking prestege.

Its broken thats for sure, but it seems like thats the way it is sadly :(

Problem 1:

It's understandable if a newly signed player doesn't want to leave the club already. He wants to play there for a while and then he'll may evaluate a move.

In some other cases, a player feels he's not ready to move on. But that mostly happens with Youth players who don't want to join a bigger club too early.

In general then, if your club hasn't a good reputation, money won't make a player sign for you. No matter how many zeros you add to the wage.

Problem 2:

That makes less sense to me.

so, to sum up, you're offering players huge wages, and theyre just not interested in moving to your club? and you think its broken? what happened to man city this summer? how many players did they offer to buy? and how many of those told em where to go??

so, to sum up, you're offering players huge wages, and theyre just not interested in moving to your club? and you think its broken? what happened to man city this summer? how many players did they offer to buy? and how many of those told em where to go??

Like he said, with top internationals he understands this. 60k a week and 100k a week aren't very different in terms of lifestyle.

Offer someone on £300 a week £3000 a week and they should be willing to drop a division, let alone go to a less prestigious club in the same division.

The game needs a sanity check, where under certain wages the lure of bigger wages are a bigger thing.

For instance, anyone on less than 10k a week would see a huge lifestyle difference from a 1000% increase in weekly income. I'd imagine most championship players on £5k a week would drop to Notts County for £50k a week.

Being a low ranked team with ridiculous ammounts of money doesnt work, for example as Notts County in 09 if you used an editor to give them lots of money you still wouldnt stand a chance in hell of getting Sol Campbell, unless you increased the clubs reputation aswell.

Yeah but the player he described said he would'nt move as he only recently joinded the club. Now as far as I can make out this only comes up if the player in question has only joined in the same transfer window, and is on what he considers a good player role. IRL very few players move on soon after joinging a club. The second could be because the player involved in the loan is not actually listed, and while the team wouldn't mind loaning him out they want his wages off the books, or else they are running at or very near to their wages budget.

you are very unlikely to get a player who has just signed for someone else even if his club accepts the offer............

I wish that would become more realistic in the game ........as if I was a player and the club were prepared to accept an offer I wouldt be showing them loyalty especially if someone is offering me more cash!!!!

There are two ways to see if you have a realistic chance of signing:

1. Use "Filter out unrealistic targets" checkbox on filters for Player Search.

2. Scout the player with a good Scout. In the very bottom of the info he gives you he should tell you if he would want to join your team, what you can expect to pay for the player and how big of a salary he would demand.

I can see your point, Natey, but it's largely irrelevent. You shouldn't need to have to offer such huge questionable sums in order to get by as the Fisher boss. Football management is much more than who can throw the most money around. If success was determined by the bank balance the game would be dull. I've always found the best way to sign players in the non-league is to raid the freebie lists.

Some very good points here guys thanks for all the tips and the help much appreciated.

For some reason my biggest issue on my proper save is trying to get a GK that actually knows what he is doing. There ins not one in the entire game better then my keeper that is willing to join.

I tried to loan a GK to improve that position and still get a report back saying no one is willing to join my club. I suppose it is realistic in the sense that Fisher doesn't have millions to offer players there for my argument that the system is broken wouldn't really come up as an issue in a proper save in this game all to often.

Ill just keep on playing matches and keep on being ****ed at my very average keeper and keep my team out of relegation (just).

Although family life probably isn't taken into account within fm, I could see a player refusing with the excuse that they've only just joined due to the fact that they would have to move the whole family again.

I'd move my family twice in a day for a ten-time increase in wages.

Remember, we're talking about taking players from between a standard graduate wage (25k a year) to top executive pay (£250k a year) in one swoop. I don't think moving around in the same country would stop that.

I don't think there's a single player in lower league football who, if offered a ten time wage hike, would turn it down. Even if they had just moved.

Archived