[FM09] A Tale Of Two Saxons

Saxonaitor

A Tale of Two Saxon's

Welcome all to my second career thread on this fabulous forum. I hope you will all enjoy this thread and any feedback, good or bad is welcome and encouraged!

The Set Up:

Version of FM: Football Manager 09 for PC/MAC

All Leagues loaded from: Australia, England, Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain and the USA.

Database size: Medium

Database Used: 9.0.0 with edits to some of the competition names and I have also added myself and a few of my friends into the game.

Previous Experience: Sunday League Footballer (Changed to Semi Professional Footballer)

The End Aim:

My end aim in this is of course to be as successful as possible in the managerial world. However there is a side plot to this. During my editing, I created a player in full likeness to myself and I will be recording his achievements alongside my manager positions.

The Twist:

I will be holidaying the first two seasons as I want to begin where I left of in the United Kingdom Journey. The other twist is that I shall be recapping the career of me as a manager and a player. I have created a 14 year old me and I shall be following his career and sharing that with you, month by month.

The fist few player updates will be scare as I am holidaying through.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy.

Player Update May 2010

After another season at Blue Square Premier Side Hampton & Richmond and only a handful of starts. In total I have had 9 starting apperances and 9 subsitute appearences, with 2 goals for the season. A good season for me but not for the club unluckily, with Hampton getting relagated from the Blue Square Premier. I hope I start attracting the attention of some big clubs soon.

Player Profile May 2010

Manager Update June 2009

A quiet month dominated by the world cup. It's still going on into July, but the suprising package of Chile has reached the quarter finals. On manager progress however, I have decided that I shall not start my progress in England, as this does not appeal to me at this point in time. I shall not also start with a newly promoted team as I feel I don't want to start a fresh. The only job I applied for is the Liga BBVA team Malaga. Didn't expect to the get the job and didn't.

Manager Update July 2010

Another month as jobs became available but only a couple were to my liking. I applied for Benidorm in the spanish division B3 and Burgenhausen in the German third division. However both were unsuccessful and I will have to see what becomes available around November time.

Player Update August 2010

A quiet month for me as I only had one sub appearence against Maidenhead where I only played 9 minutes. I hope I get some more appearences this year. :cool:

Manager Update August 2010

I need a job opening soon.... Cmon chairmen :D

Player Update September 2010

Only one appearence for me this month, with that being in the FA Cup 2nd qualifying round against non league outfit Ramsgate. I scored the only goal of that game, a 3 min strike that sealed our passage through to the 3rd qualifying round.

Manager Update September 2010

I applied for several MLS jobs as well as the Wolves post and didn't get them as usual. Hopefully October should see more sackings.

Player Update October 2010

No games for me this month. My stats are quite impressive for a 15 year old however, so I think I shall have a prosperous future.

Manager update October 2010

After appling for every job avaidable which is about 30 jobs over all. I didn't get any and thus retired my manager and made a identical manager but with a semi professional reputation. Now I can pick and choose a bit.

Player Update November 2010

Still no games for the first team :(

Manager Update November 2010

November began with me being able to pick and choose clubs a bit and heaps of jobs became avaidable. I applied for some high profile jobs in League 1 like Millwall and Brighton but didn't get the job. Another job I applied for was Hereford, they accepted my offer and approached me. However after looking at thir league table, bottom of League 2 with only 7 points to their name I decided that I was not a miricle worker and rejected their contract offer.:thdn: After that several Spanish B teams became avaidable like Barcalona B and Osauna B. I applied for both but didn't get anywhere. Then Sangiovannese popped up. They were sitting in reletive safety in the Italian C2 division with okay finances. I applied, liking the new challenge of Italia. They came back and approched me but I still wanted to see if any other club would accept me so I delayed the offer for a week. Espanyol B came up that week but didn't want me so when Sangiovennese came back, I negoitated with them for a £475 a week deal up to June 2011. Welcome to management :D.

Sangiovannese

ACSangiovannese.png

Colours: Blue and White

Founded: 1927

Nicknames: Sangio

Rivals: Montevarchi, Figline

League: Serie C2/B

Legends: Franseco Baino, Ardulino Casprini

After looking throughout he squad I have discovered that our main strength lies in our defence and I will be looking to biuld out from there. Salvatore Ricca looks to be the heart and soul of our defence, flanked by a very proficient loanee left back Fabrizio Fondiara. Also up the front of the pitch another very good loanee stiker, Maikol Negro. The Squad is very much Italian and it has occured to me whilst we have very good left and right backs, our central defence is lacking. I shall be looking a a central defender right away.

Manager Update November 5th 2010

My first match was up, against 5th place Foligno. I set up my formation into a 4-1-3-2 as I felt that we needed to build around our strong defence and then slowly bring it to the front where I felt our strikers could get round the defence. Compared to my last save as Havant & Waterlooville I was playing quite defensive and goals was somthing I know would come rarely up my end.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Enzo Blasone, Foligno

Foligno 0-0 Sangiovannese

A bore draw really and although I was playing defensive I did not expect the lack of shots we had, only 3 for the entire match. Maikol Negro had a bad game and was part of the reason of our dysfunction. In posiive news however our defence preformed to expectations. Already I have found several adequete central defenders and will be entering contract talk shortly.

Italian SErie C2/B Table 5th November 2010

Manager Update 12th December 2010

My first new signing was in, Marco Illari a central defender who I think shall fit the role quite nicely. Our next match was against 4th place Taranto. It was to be my first home game as Sangiovannese boss and I was keen to make a good impression with my home fans.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Vergillio Ferdini, San Giovanni Valdarno

Sangiovannese (Negro 5) 1-1 Taranto (Barotti 73)

We took the early lead through Negro and compared to the last match, we always looked threatening in front of goal. However in the second half we were threatened by Taranto who got a deserved goal on 73 minutes. From that we never looked like scoring again and we didn't and got a point once again.

Serie C2/B Table 12th December 2010

Manager Update 19th December 2010

After only two games in charge, I can already see weaknesses and stenghts in our team. Our wing backs and strikers are definatley the best part of the team but these are two areas of the pitch that rarely come togeher on the field. I would go in with my usual 4-1-3-2 formation against Poggibonsi, currently sitting in 12th place. I was needed a win and thought this would be the place to get it in.

Serie C2/B

Sangiovannese (Negro 45+2, Agodirin 67) 2-4 Poggibonsi (Rosetti 23, 45, Scoro Pen 28, Ricigilano 62)

An embarrasing loss that really seals the deal that my start as a manager is not the best one. Our defence was far to sloppy but in full fairness, Poggibonsi scored some screamers, 2 from outside the area. Our forwards still looked impressive and the second goal for us was a wonderfully worked goal, a one two between Negro and Agodirin. A thrid for us was cancelled out on 70 minutes and it took the wind out of our sails. A shocking loss though and I made sure they felt it as well.

Serie C2/B Table 18th December 2010

A job at last! lol.

I had the same problem with my career game first time round. No one out of the English bottom divisions would even consider hiring me. I restarted with a higher rep, then decided to post my progress on the forum.

Any intentions to try to buy yourself at some point? or are you going to let the player career run without influencing it?

Manager Update 9th January 2011

Another year passes in FM world but I was not moved as almost a month break from football over the usual christmas period was a nice break for me. I managed a transfer over the period, Antonio Pieratoni a 20 year old Argentine midfielder who will play in my next game and I hope he will encourage the club towards a first win for me in charge.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Rubens Faldini, Guilianova

Guilianova (Palazzi 45+2, Di Biscegila 90) 2-1 Sangiovannese (Palazzi 55 OG)

A loss where once again we underperformed but where let down by our defence at the final stages of the game. To be fair though we had a few people out with flu and injuries including high scorer Agodirin. Pieratoni performed well but Sorrentino, my young striker came on as a sub and was largly disapointing, he may find himself gone from the club. Still no win as manager and our performance needs to find some points quick.

Italian Serie C2/B 9th January 2011

Manager Update 16th January 2011

After our disapointing loss to Guilianova, I was begining to feel that I could get nothing right with this team and I would be taken round the back of the shed anytime soon. I know it's only been a few games but I feel we have a much better squad than our performances are suggesting. Our next match would be another test for me, with yet another new formation due to tiredness. Bring on Nocerina!

Serie C2/B

Final Score at San Francesco, Nocera Inferiorne

Nocerina 0-1 Sangiovannese (Negro 32, Negro Miss Pen 45)

Well finally a win for us :). Nocerina had a very narrow pitch and that contributed to fast attacking gameplay for all 90 minutes. Negro got the only goal of the game from a free kick and could of finished the match early but missed the penalty and I had to wait another nail biting 45 minutes to claim a well deserved victory. Another injury concern added to my list though with Valentini out for a max of 2 weeks.

Italian Serie C2/B 16th January 2011

Thanks for your support WH. I think you are correct that there is a play off to determine who gets relagated.

Manager Update 23rd January 2011

Italy is really starting to bug me. Their rule to register players and to only be allowed 14 is tosh, I mean unless all your back ups are 19 year olds wit is very hard to keep with the rule. My second signing has arrived, a Malian left midfieder called Mohamed Fofama. He looks to be a great addition to the squad but I still need a striker to fill the spot of Negro when he goes from his loan. My next match was to be a massive test, against 1st place Avellino.

Serie C2/B

Sangiovannese (Negro 40) 1-2 Avellino (Terraciano 74, Aubameyang 81)

I wasn't expecting a result here but when we took the lead on 40 minutes I got my hopes up. Negro got on the end of a long throw and fired home from close range. We had controlled the first half and throughly deserved it. We consolidated in the second, making subs but we fell apart after that and were punished with 2 goals both from corners. After this calamity I went straight on the aattack and Vianello squandered two beautiful chances to leave me with 0 points on the day.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 23rd January 2011

Manager Update 30th January 2011

Injuries are ruining me at the moment! Agodirin is going to miss the next game and Caprini, my central defender is out for 3 weeks!! My squad has no backbone and when someone gets injured I am forced to change my formation. So another new formation, a 4-5-1 with a defensive midfielder (Valentini) and two wingers pushing up (Fofana and Conti). This would be the squad to face Carrarese.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Dei Marmi, Carrara

Carrarese (Ferrero 62) 1-0 Sangiovannese

Well lets go injury news first. Fofana got injured in the 33rd minute but has escaped major trouble. That was my 3rd match time injury in a row. The match itself lacked exictment for the first 65 minutes and it was only when Carrarese scored when I decided to change from a 4-5-1 to a 4-3-3 and we had so many chances. How we didn't score was amazing, we hit the bar, got the ball cleared off the line twice and nearly chipped the keeper! :mad: I feel that already the board is breathing down my back after only two months in charge.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 31st January 2011

Player Update January 2011

I only played one match for Hampton & Richmond this month, a 1-1 draw with Tonbridge. During that match however, I got sent off. A three match ban is now imposed on me. :(

Manager Update 13th Febuary 2011

Two weeks had gone since my last game and suddenly January, along the transfer window had vanished. During the window I had scouted around for several strikers but all of the players opted to join other clubs. Also during the break Agodirin and Fofana had come back and I was to field yet another new formation, a straight 4-4-2. I was hoping that this would provide the goods against Cuoiocappiono

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Libero Masini, Santa Croce sull'Arno

Cuoiocappiono (Granito 41) 1-2 Sangiovannese (Conti 26, Negro 71)

Well I finally found a formation that works! We started more attacking than usual and were first off the mark with a controversional goal that in my opinion was offside. Once we went 1-0 though, Cuoiocappiono got on the attack and got their goal just before half time. We swapped attacks and chances in the second half and we took the advantage when Negro hit a wondeful free kick to give us the three points.

Italian Serie C2/B 13th Febuary 2011

Manager Update 20th Febuary 2011

This week I found myself a new feeder club, Scandicci. They are hovering below the non playable leagues and will be useful to me if they ever get promoted. I then applied to the board to get another parent club as I feel loanees from serie A may benefit our side. Our next opposition was to be Rovigo and I was cautiously optimistic that we would get the three points.

Serire C2/B

Final Score at Virgillio Ferdini, San Giovanni Valdano

Sangiovannese ( Negro Pen 2, Agodirin 7, 14) 3-0 Rovigo

To say we danced around them is an understatement. We waltzed around them in the first half an hour and it was the most dazling experience of my FM09 career. Agodirin scored the most amazing goal, he ran from half way, went round 2 defenders and fired it into the top corner from outside the area. :eek: From there we never looked like losing and I told the players that they could relax at half time and they truly did so. Our job was made easier when Rovigo got a man sent off in the 49th minute. We cruised from their and took the three points.

Italian Serie C2/B 20th Febuary 2011

Manager Update 28th Febuary 2011

We had hit form, and at last I felt that we still may be able to get into the playoffs. Then though I looked at the date. It was March already and with only a handful of games left I knew I would have to make them count. First up on my list was arch rivals Figline. This would be my first Italian derby and I wanted it to be one to remenber. I added fuel to the fire when I openly admitted to the public that would relish the prospect of beating Figline. Would this hype up my players for the big match?

Serie C2/B

Fianl Score at Virgillio Fedini, San Giovanni Valdano

Sangiovannese (Valentini 33) 1-0 Figline

A good but not awsome display where we dominated but couldn't get the shots to hit the back of the net. Figline never looked in it and when Valentini put us through a perfect solo effort that left 2 Figline defenders in very sticky mud. Things heated up in injury time however, when we got awarded a penalty that through the following bickerings saw Figline reduced to 10 men. However Negro missed the penalty to put a smile on their faces. Still 3 points for us and we move up a place to 11th.

Italian Serie C2/B 28th Febuary 2011

Manager Update 6th March 2011

I did a very stupid thing during the week. As mentioned previously I had applied for another parent club and the board came back to me with 3 teams; Fiorentina, Siena and Crotone. The obvious choice was Fiorentina and without thinking of my million dollar left back on loan from Genoa I terminated the link. :p (If anyone asks I'll say we had disagrements ;)) Luckily enough I had a adequete cover for the position and he will be in action in my next match against second place team Pistioese.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Marcello Melani, Pistioa

Pistioese (Puleo 31, 44) 2-0 Sangiovannese

The scoreline describes the match perfectly. Pistoiese deserved the victory as their defence proved impossible to break down for my strikers and it was just as fitting that their central defender got both of the goals from corners. Annoyingly so we now have Valentini and Ricca banned for one game due to displinary issues so someone will have to fill the void there. With only 8 games to go now, play offs look like a long shot.

Italian Setie C2/B 6th March 2011

Manager Update 13th March 2011

I had been trying to locate a striker for several months now but whenever I find a decent one that both I and my scouts like, some other team will always outclass me in terms of offers, as my wage bill is only under by £625. This may change now however, as I have found a striker who may be joining us, I'll let you know about him if he signs or not. We had 9 matches to go and my next was to be against 13th place Valle del Giovenco. A win was necessary.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Virgillio Fedini, San Giovanni Valdarno

Sangiovannese (Caprini 79) 1-0 Valle del Giovenco

A very tight game where neither team looked like breaking the deadlock until Caprini popped up to score his first of the season. It was a great goal and I hope he adds a few more to his tally this season. Another positive thing to come out of this game was a very exicting youth prospect, Antonio Vigano. He set up the goal by hitting the post before being deflected to the corner. He played very well and may get another shot.

Italian Serie C2/B

Player Update Febuary 2011 (Bit late I know :o)

No appearences but I have a good feeling about March ;)

Player Update March 2011

A prosperous month for me where I started in one game with a rating of 5.5 and made three sub appearences with ratings of 0.0, 0.0 and 6.1. Not the most impressive reslts and I am now banned for another three matches as I have accumlated 10 yellow cards!! Why am I so disobiedent? :thdn:

Manager Update 3rd April 2011

Once again we had a nice break away from domestic duties due to internationals. During that time though we had several minor traumas. Marco Illari will be out for the rest of the season and this means my cover is blown for defensive centre. The other factor is the fact that Michele Valentini will not be getting a new contract. He wants £1,100, triple what he is earning now and will not get the contract so good bye Michele. Domestic duties would return against the bottom side Nuovo Campobasso, a win was essential.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Nuovo Romagnoli, Campobasso

Nuovo Campobasso (Suriano 52) 1-3 Sangiovannese (Negro 9, 28, 43)

Despite the result I still went of at the team after the match. We controlled the first half and negro got a well deserved hat trick which 2 of 3 were from free kicks. In the second however we were played off the park and I went off at the team afterwards prompting in a lack of harmony in the dressing room due to me being to harsh. If it costs me my job I shall be very unhappy. :mad::cool:

Italian Serie C2/B 3rd April 2011

Manager Update 10th April 2011

The year has gone so fast it seems! However April would take a bit longer with 4 matches the month, one I have already played. My squad is still at arms with me but I hope this will not hinder my progress towords a play off spot, which we are not far away from barely 9 points. My next opponent was 7th place Foggia and again it was a must win game.

Serie C2/B

Sangiovannese (Deinite 21, Agodirin 58) 2-1 Foggia (Cavalli 80)

Looks tight from the scoreline and to be fair it was a 65-35% match up. We had majority but Foggia sometimes looked dangerous and their goal was a mixture of defensive error and good attacking. Agodirin finally scored, but I am worried about next season when Negro goes and I am left with this guy Jaroslaw Linder. He is signed on a free from Hannover II and I hope he proves to be the Serie C2/B's version of David McDaid ;). (See my other thread for more details)

Serie C2/B Table 10th April 2011

Manager Update 17th April 2011

We had only 5 games of the season to go, and with Sangio only 4 points out from the play offs I felt that the play offs where now closer than ever and if results went our way. We would move up to 6th place, 1 place below the play offs. We would have to get the three points against Gubbio in 16th place.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Pietro Barbetti, Gubbio

Gubbio (Vispi 49) 1-1 Sangiovannese (Negro 73)

Really should of had the three points here. To be true I experimented a bit this match, Agodirin started as a left midfielder and Vianellio started as a forward. The first half was pretty evan with both sides creating evan chances. The second half was a completly different story however. Gubbio started with total dominance as were rewarded witha goal on 49 minutes. From there I knew it would be a long way back but a red card to Gubbio's forward made things a lot easier and I pressed on the attack. Got my goal from a close range header and then so nearly lost it all when Pedro Kamata, a player I tryed to sign missed an empty net!! :eek: The end result remained the same however and my chance of moving up the table was dashed as we remained 10th, 5 teams and 4 points adrift of that play off spot.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 17th April 2011

Manager Update 23rd April 2011

My contract is up at the end of June and I am being speculated about in the media whether I shall keep the position. I am not going to come before the board and beg for a new contract as I belive if they truly don't want me they can let go. I will find another job quite easily I hope. In match news I had 4 games to go and Prato was another team I had to get the full three points from to try and get into the play offs.

Serie C2/B

Final Score from Virgillio Fedini, San Giovanni Valdarni

Sangiovannese 0-0 Prato

One point compared to none is acceptable but compare that to three and you find a very disapointed manager. We had chances but couldn't find the net and that disapointed me. The one plus point a take from the match however is how well Mohamed Fofana played. His form has been disapointing for a player of his calibre but he delivered a good performance that I hope to see more of.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 23rd April 2011

Player Update April 2011

Played in a few games this month an my ratings were 5.5, 5.9 and 6.0. In the 86th minute f that final game I got injured so not a great end to the season. Hampton & Richmond finished 6th in the Blue Square South and shall stay there for another season. I need permission to soar into League 2 already :p

Manager Update 1st May 2011

My contract had been layed out on my desk today. Another offer of £475 a week until June 2014. I flatly rejected, the reasoning behind it subtle yet dramatic. I shall enclose more information in the end of season update, just to keep you hanging. :eek: This doesn't mean i'm hanging up my suit at Sangio yet however, and with 3 games of the season to go I had to face 5th place Celano. A win was vital.

Serie C2/B

Final Score at Fabio Piccione, Celano

Celano (Varriale 19) 1-0 Sangiovannese

We didn't deserve to win this one and i'm glad we didn't. Never matched Celano during the 90 minutes and hardly created any chances of our own. It was almost if the players knew I was going and just couldn't be stuffed. Annoyed really and to add insult to injury both Agodirin and Ricca (ST and CD) have been injured during the match. Hope it is not serious for their sakes. Promotion is now impossible for us so no fairy tale ending here.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 1st May 2011

Manager Update 8th May 2011

Promotion was out of the window now and it was to late to stage a comeback. We still had two game sof the seaosn to go against Foligno and Taranto, its also quite ironic as these two teams were my first opposition and they will be my last as Sangio boss. I still wanted the three points and I hoped I would get them, evan with injuries.

Serie C2/B

Sangiovannese (Deinite 12, Negro 73) 2-0 Foligno

An acheivment from where we have come over the last few months. I set everyone with a mentality for defence then whisking them away on the break. Whilst wern't as fast to catch them "on the break" we did grab a goal from some well organised play to put us one up at half time. The second half was very much like the first and Negro capped off a great afternoon with another goal. Evan an season ending injury to Pasini won'y dampen our spirits going into the final game.

Italian Serie C2/B Table 2011

Where have my commenters gone guys? ;)

Archived