[FM09] I, Raware...

Raware

Ok, this is a new career I have started with a slight twist (I will still be continuing my Pearl of the Orient thread along side this save). It’s a kind of mix between an FM Career, an FM story and an FM experiment but I feel it fits best here as it breaks the FMS rules and it’s more so a career (player not manager) than an experiment.

The following is a fictitious character I have created, played in a real FM save game.

Instead of logging my career as a manager, I will be logging it as a player. I have edited myself into the game as a 17 year old (oh to be 17 again!;)) English player fresh out of school and have signed a professional contract with LA Galaxy on a 5 year deal on £1000 per week. I have edited my stats to be fairly decent so I will at least have some longevity within this game (if I was carp I’d more than likely retire at an early age). My Current Ability is 120 and my Potential Ability is 200 so it’ll be interesting to see if I can fulfil my huge potential. The main reasons for this different approach are...

1) it’s a unique style and will give a different perspective on an FM career and

2) I have never had a save in which I have played in North/South America so it’ll be interesting for me to see how the leagues play out.

Hope you all enjoy my journey through football.

Feel free to comment, good or bad :D

Game – Football Manager 2008 (PC).

Version – Official SI 8.0.1 patch with the only edit being, adding myself into the game.

Leagues loaded:

• Argentina (Second Division and above)
  • Brazil (Second Division and above)
  • Chile (First Division B and above)
  • Colombia (Second Division and above)
  • England (Blue Square North/South and above)
  • Mexico (First Division A and above)
  • Peru (First Division)
  • USA (MLS)
  • Uruguay Second Division and above)

1907.png

LA Galaxy

January 2007

Sunday 28th January 2007

My first day.

I arrived at LAX airport with the butterflies immediately starting to buzz around my stomach as the fairytale of the past few weeks had finally become a reality. Only a few weeks after signing my first professional football contract with LA Galaxy, I was finally here, I really was a professional footballer. Something I dreamt about since I watched my first game nearly 11 years ago – Manchester United versus Wimbledon; the game where Beckham scored from the halfway line. Since that day Becks has become somewhat of an idle to me and the thought of me playing in the same side as him is something that really excites me yet really scares me at the same time. A boy hood dream of mine to be playing with my idle, but will I be good enough to play along side him? All these questions raced through my head as I made the journey to the Home Depot Centre.

My first day at the club; I was introduced to the manager, the chairman, the players and the media. Things went well and I’m looking forward to getting my career underway with the Galaxy.

February 2007

Saturday 24th February 2007

Charleston Battery 1-2 LA Galaxy

Pavon, Vargenas

Pre-season friendly

My debut for the Galaxy and first ever professional game of football saw me selected in the starting eleven partnering new signing Nick Garcia in the centre of defence in a pre-season friendly against Charleston Battery. The game itself went well as we lined up with a 4-4-2 and within a minute of the start were 1-0 up thanks to a Carlos Pavon strike. However, a minute later and Charleston were back on level terms thanks to Byron Alvarez. From then on in we controlled much of the game and with an assist from myself with a long ball down field, grabbed the winner in the 86th minute through Peter Vagenas. Overall performance - a solid performance from myself, playing the full 90 minutes and ending the game with a match rating of 7/10 and an assist, not to mention playing along side my boy hood idol, David Beckham :D.

Wednesday 28th February 2007

California 1-4 LA Galaxy

Buddle, Donovan 2, Gordon

Pre-season friendly

I once again started the game, this time partnering Abel Xavier in the heart of defence. Things didn’t start well as on 10 minutes Juan Ramon Epitie pounced on a mistake by Abel Xavier to put the under dogs into an early lead. We fought back though and 3 minutes before the interval, Edson Buddle fired home to bring us level at half time. Words were said by manager Frank Yallop at half time and we came out looking a different side. Within 5 minutes of the re-start we were 2-1 up thanks to Landon Donovan. Donovan struck again 19 minutes later to make it 3-1 and substitute Alan Gordon completed the scoring to make it 4-1. Overall performance – Another solid game for myself, again playing the whole 90 minutes and ending the game with a match rating of 8/10.

Transfers

February saw 1 player come in, in the form of 28 year old Nick Garcia from Kansas City in the 1st draft pick and 3 players leave. Mike Caso and Troy Roberts both went out on loan to Portland and Chris Albright was released.

March 2007

Saturday 3rd March 2007

Indiana Invaders 0-2 LA Galaxy

Donovan, Kirk

Pre-season friendly

My 3rd straight start for the Galaxy in which I was again paired with Nick Garcia in defence. We started off slowly with very few chances being created but finally broke the dead lock on 35 minutes thanks to Landon Donovan, his 3rd goal in 2 games. It was a match of very few chances and we had to wait until the 90th minute to seal the win through substitute Quavas Kirk. Overall performance – A good game for me and pleasing to get the clean sheet. Again played the full 90 minutes and pleased with my level of fitness. Match rating – 8/10.

Tuesday 6th March 2007

Portland Timbers 0-0 LA Galaxy

Pre-season friendly

It seems as if I am firmly in the managers plans now as I make the starting line up again along side another different defensive partner, this time Ty Harden. A rather subdued game against a team we really should be beating but I’m happy to get the clean sheet. Overall performance – A steady game for me playing the whole 90 minutes and finishing with a match rating of 7/10.

Saturday 10th March 2007

Harrisburg City Islanders 0-2 LA Galaxy

Donovan, Gordon

Pre-season friendly

I’m a regular now in the heart of defence and it seems the gaffer is trying to figure out who to partner me with as this game I start with yet another different partner, this time Kyle Veris. The game went ok but we made hard work of it, not scoring until the 69th minute when Landon Donovan skinned two opponents before coolly slotting the ball home. 2 minutes later and substitute Alan Gordon made it 2-0 with a fine strike. That’s 2 in 3 now for Gordon and he must be close to cementing a starting place. Overall performance – A starting place, a clean sheet and another 90 minutes under my belt. Couldn’t really have asked for more. Match rating – 8/10.

Tuesday 13th March 2007

Long Island Rough Riders 1-7 LA Galaxy

Kirk 2, Donovan, Gray, Martino, Raware, Buddle

Pre-season friendly

I start along side Abel Xavier in central defence which looks to be our strongest defensive back line. The game itself was superb with everybody performing to their best. Quavas Kirk started things off by scoring after just 3 minutes then Landon Donovan made it 2 on 13 minutes. Kirk grabbed his 2nd on 42 minutes and Kelly Gray made it 4 on 44 minutes as we went in 4-0 up at the interval. The 2nd half saw us continue our good form as Kyle Martino made it 5 with a penalty. Long Island caught us with a break away goal to pull a goal back but 3 minutes later we were awarded a free kick 25 yards out. Surprisingly, Beckham showed no interest in it so I stepped up…bang…into the top corner! What a way to score your 1st goal! Edson Buddle completed the rout as we finished 7-1 winners. Overall performance – A fine performance if I do say so myself. Another 90 minutes completed and my 1st goal for the club scored in spectacular fashion. Match rating – 8/10.

Transfers

March saw some movement in the transfer market as Jed Zayner arrived in the draft 1st pick from Columbus Crew, Pablo Herrera arrived from Chivas USA and Maurice Edu arrived from Toronto, both on free’s. No less than 7 players went the other way, those being Peter Vagenas, Alan Gordon, Cobi Jones, Kyle Veris, Mike Randolph and Abel Xavier, all released from their contracts. Kevin Harmse went to DC United on a free transfer.

The squad numbers have been given out and I’ve been allocated the number 2 shirt. I know some players don’t think that squad numbers are that important but personally, I do. I feel it gives you an indication as to where you stand in the managers plans. Needless to say, with this being my 1st season as a professional, I’m delighted to have been allocated such a shirt.

April 2007

Sunday 8th April 2007

Houston Dynamo 1-2 LA Galaxy

Donovan 2

MLS

The 1st day of the new season saw us travel to Houston where we took on the Dynamo. The gaffer named me in the starting eleven along side Jed Zayner, a new signing from Columbus Crew on a free. Things got off to a good start as our captain Landon Donovan put us 1-0 up on the stroke of half time. The 2nd half saw us come out in similar fashion to how we started and a minute after the re-start saw us 2-0 up with Donovan again hitting the back of the net. Houston got one back through Brian Ching on 90 minutes but it wasn’t enough and we took all 3 points. Overall performance- A good league debut from myself and completed another 90 minutes. Disappointed to have not kept a clean sheet but we got the 3 points and that’s all that matters. Match rating – 8/10.

Thursday 12th April 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 FC Dallas

Donovan

MLS

Our 1st game of the season at the Home Depot Centre and it saw us line up against FC Dallas. Once again I was partnered with Jed Zayner in the heart of the defence and it looks as if the gaffer sees us as forming a good partnership. Things started slowly and it was a somewhat poor 1st half with neither team creating any chances. The gaffer brought us in at half time and gave us a bit of a telling off. He was right to as well as we played no where near like we can. The 2nd half started poorly as Carlos Ruiz smashed in from 6 yards to put the visitors 1-0 up. 4 minutes later though and Becks had a free kick on the edge of the box. He stepped up and curled it around the wall but the keeper got a finger tip to it; it hit the woodwork and bounced nicely into Landon Donovan’s feet and he couldn’t miss from 2 yards out. The gaffer made changes to push on for the winner but on 93 minutes Dallas caught us on the break and Joshua Gros got on the end of a Ruiz cross to snatch all 3 points at the death. Needless to say the gaffer was furious with us and let us know about it. Overall performance - Personally a decent performance from me but very disappointed to have lost a goal in the fashion we did. We should’ve had at least a point. Match rating – 7/10.

Tuesday 24th April 2007

LA Galaxy 3-0 Columbus Crew

Donovan 2, Martino

US Cup Qual. Round Semi Final

It seems that the gaffer’s preferred back line is me and Jed Zayner in the centre with Nick Garcia at right back and Ante Jazic at left back as we all started the 3rd successive game that way. A semi final qualifying round against Columbus which if we won we knew would put us in the final and give us a chance at reaching the 1st round proper. The game started well for us and on 29 minutes Landon Donovan pounced to claim his 4th goal of the season. With the score at 1-0 at half time the gaffer drummed it into us not to get complacent…and we didn’t as Landon was there again on the 50 minute mark to make it 2-0 and claim his 5th of the season. From then on in it was pretty much game over as Columbus failed to mount any kind of attack and on 90 minutes Kyle Martino sealed things with a header at the near post to make it 3. Overall performance - Nice to get the clean sheet and my fitness is improving with every game I play. Another 90 minutes completed and a match rating of 7/10.

Saturday 28th April 2007

LA Galaxy 4-1 Chivas USA

Donovan 4

MLS

The now familiar back line was once again chosen by the gaffer as we took on Chivas USA in the league. The man of the moment Landon Donovan was once again on target as he netted 4 goals to take him to 9 goals in 4 competitive games. Add the 5 he got in pre-season and his record stands at 14 in 10. A pretty amazing record and he made sure we knew about it after the game! Ante Razov got Chivas’ consolation thanks to a mistake by Jed Zayer and I gave him a bit of stick after the game about it. Overall performance – Pleased with my performance today. I didn’t make too many mistakes and one report commented on how I won every ball in the air. I had a chance to score from a corner 10 minutes from the end but as the lads said, “I got a nose bleed and bottled it”. Cheeky ********! Match rating – 8/10.

Cheers Purefun :thup: Glad to have you reading. :D That's what I think will make it such an interesting read, i'm totally controlled by the AI. As you say, it will be interesting to see where I end up and what success/failures I have.

May 2007

Tuesday 8th May 2007

Chivas 0-3 LA Galaxy

Pavon, Donovan 2

US Cup Qual. Round Final

The back line was changed for this game as Ante Jazic picked up an injury last game which will see him ruled out for a week. In his place was Kelly Gray, who joined myself, Zayner and Garcia in the back line. Honduran Carlos Pavon started the ball rolling as he nodded in from a Becks corner to make it 1-0, his 1st for the club. That man again Donovan made it 2 just before the interval which gave us a nice cushion for the 2nd half. The gaffer instructed us to sit back for the 2nd half and try and catch them on the counter and on 84 minutes Landon Donovan did just that to net his 11th of the season already. Overall performance – A good game for me in which we claimed another clean sheet and a match rating of 8/10.

Saturday 12th May 2007

LA Galaxy 3-0 New England Revolution

Jazic, Pavon

MLS

Despite Kelly Gray playing well last game and helping to achieve a clean sheet, it was Ante Jazic who claimed his starting place back after a week out injured as the familiar back 4 started the game. And Jazic justified the gaffers decision to put him straight back in as he powered home a strike on 8 minutes to make it 1-0. We’ve got a little bet going on between us defenders as to who can get the most amount of goals this year. While obviously I don’t want anyone to score more than me I am of course delighted that he scored and put us on our way to victory. Carlos Pavon was another one who had a point to prove to the gaffer and he did as he grabbed his 2nd and 3rd goal of the season on 24 minutes and 36 minutes. That’s how the game finished and it was a comfortable win in the end. Overall performance – Another clean sheet which is what every defender and keeper likes to see. Match rating – 8/10.

Sunday 20th May 2007

Chivas USA 1-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

After already playing Chivas USA twice in the opening 6 games, confidence was high in the dressing room…perhaps a little too high. The gaffer sensed our over confidence and warned us that just because they rolled over last time out, it doesn’t mean they’ll roll over this time; and how he was right. We were all over the shop, miss placing passes, shooting into the rafters. And they made us pay as on the 49 minute mark John Cunliffe capitalised on a mistake by myself as the ball bounce off my 50p head and set him free, 1 on 1 with the keeper. Our keeper, Joey Cannon had no chance really and he gave me a right ********** as did the gaffer. We tried to force our way back into the game but the goal had knocked the stuffing out of us. Overall performance – A bad day at the office for me as it’s my mistake that loses the goal and I picked up a yellow card. Match rating – 7/10. I don’t know how really, maybe the person watching the game was blind.

Saturday 26th May 2007

Colorado Rapids 2-4 LA Galaxy

Donovan, Beckham 2, Herrera

MLS

What a difference a week makes in football. After a disappointing loss last Sunday, the gaffer made some changes to the side and it worked dividends as 2 minutes in, Landon Donovan pounced on a loose ball in the box to smash home his 12th goal of the season. We didn’t have to wait long for the next goalmouth action as on 25 minutes Becks was brought down in the box. He dusted himself down and rammed home the resulting spot kick to score his 1st ever LA Galaxy goal. He didn’t have to wait long for his 2nd as 2 minutes later we were awarded another somewhat dubious penalty. Becks didn’t ask questions though and stepped up to slide it into the same corner as his last one. 3-0 at the interval and we were cruising…or so we thought. 2 minutes after the break Nicolas Hernandez capitalised on some poor defending to pull one back but Pablo Herrera restored our 3 goal cushion with a pile driver into the top corner from 20 yards. Herculez Gomez grabbed another for Colorado but it was too little too late and we took all 3 points. Overall performance – A better performance from me after last games nightmare but disappointed to have conceded 2 goals. Match rating – 8/10.

Transfers

Only 1 player came in in May and that was 20 year old Christian Jiminez. An attacking left midfielder who looks a good signing will definitely add that extra bit of quality we need.

MLSEndofMay.jpg

Stats.jpg

Yeah, not a bad start at all considering my young age. I'm pleased with a 7.63 average rating after 8 games. To play along side Beckham is dream come true for me! (Well my fictitious player anyway) :D If it was me it would be Pyscho or Gazza :D

Nice career so far Raware. I think more of these player career type game threads will pop up from now on and into FM10.

And for realism's sake, it's the Home Depot Center (Centre is Canadian spelling :D), and it's professional soccer over here. If Becks has to say soccer instead of football, I'm sure you're no exception. ;)

IMO I'm a bit surprised that you haven't loaded more European leagues. I think that your career will be in Europe...hope not into a country other than England. :p

Nice career so far Raware. I think more of these player career type game threads will pop up from now on and into FM10.

And for realism's sake, it's the Home Depot Center (Centre is Canadian spelling), and it's professional soccer over here. If Becks has to say soccer instead of football, I'm sure you're no exception. ;)

IMO I'm a bit surprised that you haven't loaded more European leagues. I think that your career will be in Europe...hope not into a country other than England.

Cheers rancer :thup: Glad to have you following also. It's a shame you can't add yourself as a player manager in the game as I think that would be hugely popular. *Cue the 'what i'd like to see' threads in GD* ;)

The 'yanks' never could spell! :p

I was deliberating for some time as to what leagues to run and came to the conclusion of my selections for the sheer speed of processing time. I do hope that I don't get bought by an Italian or Spanish team or my updates may become a little less in depth!

June 2007

Saturday 2nd June 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 DC United

Donovan

MLS

I missed this game as I was joining up with the England under 21 squad. Although I joined up with the squad I wasn’t named in the team unfortunately :(

Saturday 9th June 2007

FC Dallas 0-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

After missing the last game through international duty I got back to LA expecting to have lost my place as Ty Harden put in a good performance in my absence. However, the gaffer informed that I was to go straight back into the squad with regulars Garcia, Zayner and Jazic at the back. The game itself was a poor game with no side really creating any chances and it was no surprise that the game fizzled out into a bore draw. Overall performance – A decent game for me, kept a clean sheet on my return. Match rating – 8/10.

Sunday 17th June 2007

LA Galaxy 3-0 Real Salt Lake

Buddle, Martino, Kirk

MLS

I think I can safely say now that Garcia, Zayner, Jazic and myself are starting to form an understanding and are definitely the gaffers 1st choice back line. We were all named in the starting eleven again against bottom of the league, Real Salt Lake. The game got off to a quick start with Salt Lake pressurising us but it was us who took the lead through Edson Buddle on 18 minutes. We had to wait until the 74th minute before we could relax a little as Kyle Martino grabbed a 2nd. 5 minutes later and substitute Quavas Kirk bagged the 3rd, his 1st Galaxy goal to seal the win. Overall performance – A good game for me and another clean sheet to add to the collection. The gaffer pulled the back line a side at the end of the game and told us how pleased he was with all of our recent performances. Match rating – 8/10.

Saturday 23rd June 2007

LA Galaxy 3-0 Columbus Crew

Donovan, Buddle, Pavon

MLS

The gaffer chose the same squad for the 2nd game running as I lined up in defence. Things got off to a good start as on 20 minutes Donovan smashed in his 14th of the season to put us 1-0 up. We had to wait until the 73rd minute before our win was secure as Edson Buddle nodded home the 2nd and Pavon played a cameo role as he came off the bench to bag a 3rd. Overall performance – A solid performance from me which helped to secure our 6th clean sheet of the season. Match rating 7/10.

MLSJune.jpg

StatsJune.jpg

July 2007

*Unfortunately I pulled up in training and injured my hip which is going to put me out for around 2 months. I’ve been referred to a specialist so hopefully I can be back a bit sooner.*

Wednesday 4th July 2007

LA Galaxy 2-1 Chicago

Klein, Donovan

MLS

I missed this game through injury.

Saturday 7th July 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 Kansas City Wizards

Buddle

MLS

I missed the game through injury.

Tuesday 10th July 2007

California 2-1 LA Galaxy

Jazic

US Cup 3rd round

Tuesday 17th July 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 Chelsea

Buddle

Friendly

Tuesday 24th July 2007

LA Galaxy 1-1 Chivas

Buddle

Superliga Group A

Saturday 28th July 2007

Pachuca 2-1 LA Galaxy

Kirk

Superliga Group A

Tuesday 31st July 2007

FC Dallas 2-0 LA Galaxy

Superliga Group A

Transfers

A really busy month in the transfer market for us as the boss brought in 2 players, Blake Wagner from Chivas USA on a free and Eric Kronberg from Kansas City Wizards in the draft 1st pick. He also let 4 players leave, those being Carlos Pavon and Josh Tudela who were released, Ty Harden who went to Colorado Rapids for free and Blake Wagner who went to New York Red Bulls for free only 8 days after signing for us. Probably one of the quickest spells at a club ever.

MLSJuly.jpg

StatsJune.jpg

August 2007

Sunday 5th August 2007

Toronto FC 1-2 LA Galaxy

Buddle, Klein

MLS

Thursday 9th August 2007

DC United 2-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

Sunday 12th August 2007

New England Revolution 1-1 LA Galaxy

Buddle

MLS

Saturday 18th August 2007

New York Red Bulls 3-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

Thursday 23rd August 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 Chivas USA

Buddle

MLS

I was still unfit and at the specialist’s advice, still 2 weeks away from full fitness but the gaffer asked me to play. I’d been out for 2 months and was dying to get back on the pitch so I jumped at the chance to get back out there and do what I love most. Unfortunately I think I may have rushed the comeback though as I didn’t have the best of games and we succumbed to a 2-1 loss. Despite the loss the gaffer told me how pleased he was with my comeback and that you’re always rusty after being out for so long. Overall performance – An ok performance considering it was my 1st game in 2 months. Hopefully, I can pick up my form where I left it before I was out injured. Also picked up a yellow card after a late tackle. Match rating – 6/10.

Sunday 26th August 2007

Colorado Rapids 2-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

I was still struggling with my injured hip but took a painkilling injection to get me through the game. A poor performance from everybody really as we didn’t stamp our authority on the game and failed to make any clear cut chances. Colorado were winning everything and showed that determination you need to win games. Overall performance – Another disappointing performance on my comeback road and something I need to address if I want to keep hold of my starting place. Match rating – 6/10.

Transfers

A couple of new faces came in with Chris Seitz joining from Real Salt Lake and Jay Nolly from DC United, both from the draft 1st pick. Both look like good lads and will surely add to the dressing room. One face I personally was sad to see leave was Jed Zayner who went to FC Dallas for free. I felt we struck up a great partnership at the heart of the defence and it’s a shame to see him leave.

MLSAugust.jpg

StatsAugust.jpg

Raware, a great idea and you've styled it beautifully. Long may Raware jr play!

Thanks CV, i was unsure about how to write this new career but glad you're liking the style. I think it's quite easy to read and follow, hopefully others think the same.

This looks very good Raware.

It's a different idea to follow a player's career rather than a manager, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you move

Let's hope its to England though, hey;)

Cheers ism-scfc, as i said it's been something i've been thinking about for a while even before i produced my first thread, From Hong Kong With Love. I like the concept as it gives a different angle on both an FM career and writing styles. Besides, i was sick of waiting for a son in all the years i've been playing CM/FM so i thought i'd make my own :D

As for the league selection, i guess hind sight is a great thing. I should really have loaded up more big European leagues as there's always the chance that I may move to one of those leagues. I'll know for next time! I'm just hoping that if I do move, it will be to England.

Great start to this new career Raware!

The team played very badly when you were injured.

:thup: Romanista, i was surprised too at how badly the team played without me. I guess i'm already indispensible ;)

Were there already teams checking you out? I don't mean a bid or something, just interested!

No. No teams have shown any interest in me yet but it's still early days, although there are several English teams following Donovan at the minute.

September 2007

Saturday 1st September 2007

LA Galaxy 0-1 Real Salt Lake

MLS

After my 2 previous poor performances and considering I was still feeling the effects of my hip injury, I did think that maybe I wouldn’t be starting this game, but the gaffer told me an hour and a half before kick-off that I would be starting. The game started slowly for both sides with neither team make any chances, it seemed like we were both going out for the draw. However, Real Salt Lake confounded that judgement as a minute before half time they took the lead through Pabian Espindola. The gaffer gave us a right rollocking during the break and said he expected more from all of us, especially me who’s mistake it was that lead to the Salt Lake goal. I thought to myself, he knows I’m still struggling with an injury. What does he expect, miracles? The 2nd half began with us still struggling to break them down and on 62 minutes I was substituted for a striker to try and push for that equaliser. I knew I had a bad game and immediately went down the tunnel and went back to the dressing room, looking to put an ice pack on my hip. We tried to get the equaliser but it just proved to be elusive and we ended up coming away from the game with nothing. Overall performance – Another poor performance and I was subbed on the hour mark which I can’t really complain about. The only defence I had was that I was still injured and was still feeling the effects of my sore hip. Still, no excuse, my performance was unacceptable. Match rating – 6/10.

Wednesday 12th September 2007

LA Galaxy 2-1 Colorado Rapids

Donovan 2

MLS

I missed this game as I was joining up with the England under 21 squad but unfortunately again I wasn’t selected in the squad.

Sunday 16th September 2007

LA Galaxy 1-2 Houston Dynamo

Glinton

MLS

I was surprised that I started to be honest given my recent poor form but the gaffer put me in the squad along side Nick Garcia in the centre of defence. Things started badly as on 10 minutes John Wolyniec broke free and tucked the ball past Joey Cannon to put the visitors 1-0 up. The 2nd half saw a similar story and it was Wolyniec who netted again as he once again broke free to make it 2-0. We managed to pull one back through Gav Glinton but we just couldn’t push for that 2nd goal. Overall performance – A decent performance, no mistakes from me which has got to be a good thing given the last few games. Match rating – 6/10.

Wednesday 19th September 2007

Chivas USA 3-1 LA Galaxy

Kirk

MLS

One again I lined up in defence with Garcia, Kelly and Jazic next to me. This was a game we had to win if we stood any chance of qualifying for the next stage. Things didn’t get off to a good start though as once again John Cunliffe scored against us. We were told before kick off to watch out for him as we knew he had the ability to cause us problems, as he has done previously. Things went from bad to worse on 26 minutes as Eddie Johnson rifled a shot past our keeper to make it 2-0. As we reached half time we knew we were in for a few choice words from the gaffer and we certainly got that. Things weren’t helped as the ref was having a mare, giving every decision Chivas’ way. The frustration got the better of Captain Landon Donovan as he recklessly dived in with both feet off the ground and he was promptly sent off on 63 minutes; the ref really didn’t have a choice. 2 minutes later though and the ref continued his shocking display as he awarded Chivas a penalty after the ball allegedly hit my arm. It was a terrible decision, the ball was no where near my arm but the ref wasn’t interested and gave me a yellow card for my troubles. Needless to say Chivas tucked away the penalty thanks to Francisco Mendoza to make it 3. It was a case of damage limitation from then on. We did manage to get a consolation through Quavas Kirk but that was that and we left the Home Depot Centre with a feeling of frustration. Overall performance – A poor performance as I gave away a penalty, which wasn’t a penalty may I add and picked up a yellow card. Match rating – 5/10, my worst rating to date. The gaffer also didn’t help as he made his disappointment at my recent form publicly known.

Sunday 23rd September 2007

LA Galaxy 4-0 FC Dallas

Jimenez, Buddle 2, Kirk

MLS

The gaffer changed things round slightly at the back as Nicky Garcia was suspended so he dropped Maurice Edu into the back line. Maurice has been playing well in midfield and he’s a pretty good defender when called upon. Plus he’s a big lad which gave me some confidence in playing along side him. The gaffer gave us a bit of a telling off before the game saying that expected more from us and nothing but a win would do today. A bit of pressure on us but I think it’s what we all needed as we’ve been getting a bit complacent lately. His talk worked wonders as we came flying out of the blocks and Jimenez put us 1 up after 28 minutes. We were creating chances but had to wait until 5 minutes after half time before we got what we deserved as Edson Buddle bundled in the 2nd. 10 minutes later and Buddle got his 2nd of the game, his 7th of the season to make it 3-0 and Quavas Kirk completed the scoring as he scored a great goal 7 minutes from the end. Overall performance – A good game for me and the back line seemed a lot more comfortable and stronger than in recent weeks. A clean sheet will do wonders for our confidence as will a better match rating of 7/10 for me.

Wednesday 26th September 2007

Real Salt Lake 4-0 LA Galaxy

MLS

After such a good performance last game, I was surprised that the gaffer changed things around as he installed Garcia back into defence with me and pushed Edu back into midfield. Our captain Donovan was missing as he’s serving a 2 match ban so Quavas Kirk made the starting line up. Things didn’t start well as half time approached we were already 2-0 down. The boss wasn’t impressed and made his feeling clear as he booted a boot across the changing room which just missed Becks’ head. The look on Becks’ face was a picture; I had to hold in my laughter. You could tell he was having flash backs from when Sir Alex did the same thing…apparently! The 2nd half wasn’t much better and by the end of the game we were on the end of a 4-0 thumping. Overall performance – Another poor game for me in which I seem to be having a lot of recently as I also picked up a yellow card for a late challenge. As much as I want to play I think I may well need a weeks rest as I’m still feeling the effects of my injury that I picked up a few months ago. Match rating – 5/10.

Sunday 30th September 2007

Columbus Crew 1-3 LA Galaxy

Raware, Herrera, Beckham

MLS

It was a familiar back line that started again as I and Garcia were in the centre of defence with Kelly on the right and Jazic on the left. After last games 4-0 mauling we needed to put things right for the fans, ourselves and the gaffer. The game started well for us and in particularly me as on the 17th minute mark Quavas Kirk was brought down in the box giving us a chance to score from the spot. Surprisingly, the captain Becks instructed me to take it and without even thinking about it I accepted the responsibility and stepped up. I placed the ball just on the edge of the penalty spot, took 5 paces back and began my run up…I was always told to make my mind up straight away about where I was going to put it and I did just that as I smashed it into the bottom left hand corner to make it 1-0 and score my first ever competitive goal. A memory I’ll never forget. The goal seemed to put a spring in our step and on 54 minutes, Pablo Herrera made it 2 with a stunning 20 yard strike that flew into the top corner. Things went from bad to worse for the Crew as they conceded another penalty on 75 minutes. This time Beckham wanted it for himself and duly stepped up to place the ball into the same corner as I did to make it 3-0. Winston Parks grabbed a consolation 2 minutes later but we hung onto the lead and took all 3 points. Overall performance – A great day for me, scoring my first ever goal as well as Beckham scoring to see his and my name together on the score sheet. I think I’ll be saving that paper to show the grand kids! Match rating – 8/10.

MLS.jpg

Stats-1.jpg

Wednesday 3rd October 2007

Kansas City Wizards 2-1 LA Galaxy

Buddle

MLS

The boss changed things around slightly as he dropped Pablo Herrera back into the left back spot and Ante Jazic into the left of midfield. With Pablo starting in an unfamiliar role in defence it was his mistake that cost us the 1st goal as Emmanuel Colombano raced clear to coolly slot the ball home on the stroke of half time, much to the delight of the home fans. 4 minutes after the re-start and it was my turn to make a mistake and I was duly punished as Ryan Pore turned me on a sixpence and fired in from a tight angle. We pulled a goal back on 54 minutes through Edson Buddle, his 10th of the season but it wasn’t enough and we came out of the game with nothing to show for our efforts. Overall performance – A poor game for me in my opinion despite my match rating of 7/10. I shouldn’t of been so tight to Pore as I was which allowed him to turn me so easily and score. A few things I’ll probably have to work on in training.

Sunday 7th October 2007

Houston Dynamo 2-4 LA Galaxy

Donovan 3, Edu

MLS

Once again the boss started Herrera along side the usual back 3 of me, Kelly and Garcia looking for us to improve on our last outing and he got his wish as 8 minutes in, Captain Landon Donovan rose above everyone to nod us into the lead and claim his 18th of the season. We took our foot off the gas though towards the end of the half and Brian Ching caught us on the break to fire home the equaliser. Words of encourage were given at the interval and they seemed to spur us on as Edu put us back into the lead on 59 and Donovan extended that lead on 71 as he struck a sweet left foot into the top corner. Mike Sambursky pulled one back 2 minutes later for the Dynamo to set up an exciting finale but Donovan secured the win on 90 minutes to claim his hat trick and his 20th of the season. Overall performance – A solid game for me at the back as I managed to deal with whatever was thrown at me and had John Wolyniec, so often the bane of us, in my pocket all game. Match rating – 8/10.

Tuesday 16th October 2007

LA Galaxy 1-0 Toronto FC

Kirk

MLS

I missed this game as I was joining up with the England under 21 squad but unfortunately again I wasn’t selected in the squad.

Thursday 18th October 2007

LA Galaxy 3-0 New York Red Bulls

Beckham, Kirk, Buddle

MLS

The gaffer chose to mix things around at the back as he put me back into the squad after my trip to England to join up with the under 21 squad and chose to pair me with Edu at the centre with Garcia on the right and Myers on the left. Things started well as we were awarded a penalty on 17 minutes after Kirk was brought down in the box. Beckham stepped up to slot the ball, coolly as ever, into the bottom right hand corner to give us a 1-0 lead. We had to wait until just after the half time break to extend our lead as Quavas Kirk showed some electric pace as he skinned 2 defenders and blasted the ball into the roof of the net, leaving the keeper with no chance. 6 minutes later and I went up for a corner; the ball came in and reached me, I turned, and as I was just about to shoot I was brought down. The ref had no hesitation and awarded us another penalty. Becks stepped up and hit it towards the same corner as his previous one but it hit the post and rebounded out into the keepers arms. We only had to wait 5 minutes though before we finally got the 3rd goal as Edson Buddle scored with a neat finish to bag his 11th of the season and claim the 3 points. With only 1 game left in the group stage and us sitting in 2nd place, 3 points ahead of 3rd place FC Dallas, all we need is a draw in the next game to guarantee our place in the next stage. Overall performance – Another solid performance with a hand in a penalty which we unfortunately missed and a match rating of 8/10.

Sunday 21st October 2007

Chicago Fire 1-2 LA Galaxy

Kirk, Donovan

MLS

The gaffer opted for another slight change this game as he named myself and Edu at the back with Garcia and Herrera as full backs knowing that we had already qualified for the next stage as FC Dallas played yesterday and lost which gave them no chance of catching us. Things started badly for us as I dived in recklessly and brought down Cuauhtemoc Blanco in the box to give away a penalty. Blanco dusted himself down and flamboyantly chipped the ball down the middle as our keeper, Cronin dived the other way. Quavas Kirk saved my blushes 11 minutes later though as he headed in from a Beckham corner to put us back on level terms. Landon Donovan continued his impressive scoring rate as he bagged his 21st goal of the season via a great free kick routine between himself and Beckham to put us 2-1 up. The fire struggled to break us down throughout the 2nd half which was encouraging for us and we saw out the win, leaving us in 1st place in the Western Conference and ready for the next stage where we await the draw. Overall performance – A bad game really as I gave away a needless penalty but the lads pulled together and saved my blushes to get the win. Match rating – 6/10.

Saturday 27th October 2007

Chivas USA 3-1 LA Galaxy

Buddle

MLS Western Conference Semi Final 1st leg

We drew Chivas USA in the Western Conference Semi Final with the 1st leg being at their place. The gaffer returned to familiar ways as myself, Garcia, Gray and Herrera were named at the back. If we stood any chance of progressing then a good performance was a necessity from all, however, things didn’t start well as Landon Donovan, without a doubt our star player of the season, was forced to come off on 10 minutes after picking up an injury. Kirk came on to replace him but it was always going to be difficult from then on in and it showed as Chivas took the lead through Cunliffe on 24 minutes. We managed to draw level on 65 minutes as Buddle broke free and powered the ball past the on rushing keeper but it only lasted for 2 minutes as the impressive Eddie Johnson rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net to put Chivas 2-1 up. That man Johnson struck again 4 minutes later to make it 3-1 and that’s how it ended. It’s going to be tough to turn around the deficit but the gaffer gave us words of encouragement after the game which has gave us the self belief that we can progress. Overall performance – A decent performance, disappointing to lose 3 goals and a match rating of 7/10.

MLS-1.jpg

Stats-2.jpg

Good stuff Raware. I like the style. You could be the next John Terry if things go well.

Keep it in this forum then you can post screeen shots if you wish to in the future or if someone requests some info.

A great start to your career Raware :thup: With performances like that and an average rating of above 7, you could be moving soon IMO :) Although the benefit of staying at LA is that you're going to get loads of first team action which will help you to improve

I think you could be right in that I would be better off staying at LA as regular football can only benefit me more. If I do move then i'd probably sit in the reserves.

This is a story, not a career update. :confused:

I actually have screen shots in my first few opening posts which, according to FMS, don't allow, hence me posting in here. As I stated in the opening post, this is a career update of a player not a manager.

At first it seemed more of a career update as all of the league tables were images rather than code, but Nomis is right this is a story imo. However if Raware wants to post it here instead of in FMS I don't see a massive problem with it.

Me neither, I really don't see the problem although it actually is a career update, just not an update of a manager, rather an update of a player. As I said before though, there are screenshots in this thread and there will be more once i've finished the first season.

Maybe it is a story, but quite like it Raware, look forward to next update :thup:

FMS state that screenshots are to be avoided which is why I posted it in here. Glad you're liking it Adam.

Good stuff Raware. I like the style. You could be the next John Terry if things go well.

Keep it in this forum then you can post screeen shots if you wish to in the future or if someone requests some info.

Cheers WH. I'm hoping I can fulifil at least some of my potential to reach a Premier League standard or even international standard in a few years.

You can be sure I will be posting more screenshots once i've finished the season. I've only played 9-10 months!

OK, originally I posted the league standings and monthly stats as images but chose to change them to code as I felt they looked neater and it didn't take as long for the page to open. But due to the recent stipulation as to whether or not this thread constitutes an update or a story I have changed them back to images.

Sorry to keep changing the layout of my thread but it I felt it was needed if this thread was to stay in here, which is what I want.

Unfortunately, i've had a massive crash on my PC which has meant i've had to format my hard drive, losing this save game. I didn't have a back up of the save so unfortunately I won't be able to carry on this thread :(

Thanks to all who followed and commented and hopefully once I get my PC and FM back up and running I can begin a new game.

Archived