Ok, this is a new career I have started with a slight twist (I will still be continuing my Pearl of the Orient thread along side this save). It’s a kind of mix between an FM Career, an FM story and an FM experiment but I feel it fits best here as it breaks the FMS rules and it’s more so a career (player not manager) than an experiment.
The following is a fictitious character I have created, played in a real FM save game.
Instead of logging my career as a manager, I will be logging it as a player. I have edited myself into the game as a 17 year old (oh to be 17 again!) English player fresh out of school and have signed a professional contract with LA Galaxy on a 5 year deal on £1000 per week. I have edited my stats to be fairly decent so I will at least have some longevity within this game (if I was carp I’d more than likely retire at an early age). My Current Ability is 120 and my Potential Ability is 200 so it’ll be interesting to see if I can fulfil my huge potential. The main reasons for this different approach are...
1) it’s a unique style and will give a different perspective on an FM career and
2) I have never had a save in which I have played in North/South America so it’ll be interesting for me to see how the leagues play out.
Hope you all enjoy my journey through football.
Feel free to comment, good or bad
Game – Football Manager 2008 (PC).
Version – Official SI 8.0.1 patch with the only edit being, adding myself into the game.
- Argentina (Second Division and above)
- Brazil (Second Division and above)
- Chile (First Division B and above)
- Colombia (Second Division and above)
- England (Blue Square North/South and above)
- Mexico (First Division A and above)
- Peru (First Division)
- USA (MLS)
- Uruguay Second Division and above)