Sending a player on leave

Hi

In the past two seasons on my game I have had two players who did not settle at the club. I wanted to send them on leave to help them settle, however, couldn't find out how to do it! Im sure on previous FMs there was an option somewhere (in the training schedule section maybe?) but I cant find it on FM09!

Cheers

Will

You cant always do it, theres varying degrees of them being unsettled, and its only for the worst ones where you can allow a leave of absence, iirc... you may find it help to get in another player of the same nationality...

You cant always do it, theres varying degrees of them being unsettled, and its only for the worst ones where you can allow a leave of absence, iirc... you may find it help to get in another player of the same nationality...

Thanks for the reply, the guy is French and is one of 4 at the club, hopefully he'll just settle in given time!

Why send them on a leave? I always force my players to stay even if they are having trouble settling in the area and as soon as they have managed to learn the language the problems are history.

Because there is a danger they will become depressed and then they will definitely play awfully and struggle (arguably they've gone past the point of no recovery).

On another note, sending them home when they are depressed will "upgrade" them to merely homesick.

Thanks for the reply, the guy is French and is one of 4 at the club, hopefully he'll just settle in given time!

he probably will, and he shouild find the prescence of other frenchmen helpful, although its debatable if thatll appear on his profile...

Why send them on a leave? I always force my players to stay even if they are having trouble settling in the area and as soon as they have managed to learn the language the problems are history.

I fine my players 2 weeks wages if they are unsettled. No room for pussys in my team.:cool:

Archived