Reading Football Club Thread

Adman10

150px-reading_badge.png

Reading Football Club - Formed In 1871

Ground: The Madejski Stadium(Capacity 24,161)

Chairman: John Madejski(POL)

Nicknames:The Royals, The Hoops, The Biscuitmen

Reading Info: Reading have been playing league football since 1920(Division 3),Simod Cup winners of 1988, Best Season 2005/2006 106 Points,99 Goals and Promotion from the Championship, League Record Wins 1985 - 13 straight wins, Youngest Player - Peter Castle(16yrs49Days), Most League - Ronny Blackman(39), Most Capped Player - Jimmy Quinn( NI - 17 Caps), 33 League Unbeaten 2005/06,

Financial Status: Secure

Estimated Value: £43m (Debt £20m)

Finances: £6.64m

Transfer Budget: £8m (Top Half Finish)

Media Prediction: 13th

Average Squad Age: 26

Weekly Wage Budget: 355k

Squad:

1 - Marcus Hahnemann

2 - Graeme Murty ©

3 - Nicky Shorey

4 - Kalifa Cisse

5 - Ibrahimo Sonko

6 - Brynjar Gunnarsson

7 - Glen Little

8 - Leroy Lita

9 - Kevin Doyle

10 - Stephen Hunt

11 - John Oster

12 - Dave Kitson

14 - John Halls

15 - James Harper

16 - Ivar Ingimarsson

17 - Bobby Convey

18 - Sam Sodje (Loaned Out)

19 - Liam Rosenior

20 - Emerse Fae

21 - Graham Stack (Loaned Out)

22 - Andre Bikey

23 - Ulises De La Cruz

24 - Shane Long

29 - Michael Duberry

32 - Adam Federici

33 - Scott Golbourne

Ass Man Best Line up:

GK - Hahnemann

DR - Murty

DL - Shorey

DC - Bikey

DC - Sonko

MR - Little

ML - Convey

MC - Fae

MC - Harper

FC - Doyle

FC - Lita

It Layed Out:

Gk - Hahnemann is a good gk for the first season and very handy i has him for the first season and seemed to hold his own pretty well, Federici isnt really a great backup so i advise either you get a new quailty first slot or get a better reserve loaned in, Stack isnt really any kinda prem goallie so at the first oppurtinuty try and scrape some cash for him HARD ill tell ya

Def - Well defence is pretty solid with shorey being class and just getting better as he plays, Murty has good stats but after 1st season starts to slide and I feel rosenior is a very very good contendor and was/is my 1st choice RB and is just getting better and better, On the CB front well bikey and sonko are the best two in my opinion and bikey gets class and class with ingirmasson and cisse great backups.

Mid - In my opinion this is def the weakest part of the team and needs some serious work, the only position that you can really be safe with is LM for 1st season as Hunt and convey are very good, Little is not great really you need a new RM just try Epalle i bought him for about 2.9m and was immense for me, the CM place well harper is ok and Fae does get better and better and plays very well never goes below a 7, But i said needs some work lookin to get in really 2 Cm's and a Rm and prob a lm next season.

Sc - Well this is another promising area doyle and lita were immense for me 1st season lita being top scorer, Then there is kitson as back up personally i replaced him as didnt feel he was quite good enough, but also some promise in shane long who i loaned out and sems to be coming along nicely.

Reserves - well the only real Potential seems to be golbourne, and everyone else seem to be ok but never really get any higher so i would advise getting yourself some nice youth potential in when you have the cash.

Well to round up its def a chanllenge and everyone im sure will enjoy it! So good long and lets see the posts i will add my seasons at a later date. Good Luck You Royals!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great start mate..... might take up the mantle of establishing reading as a prem team permenantly myself..

signings im thinking of are...

abdou razack traore - lw ... 2 mil

kalouda - rw ... 1mil

eggert jonsson - cm ... 600k .. should add some competetion

sapara - 1mil ... some creativity in the middle of the park

sidwell - loan or buy if poss ... bring the old boy back

marvin angulo - 1mil ... class rb

canizares - 1mil ... usually goes cheap in new patch and adds some star quality

il make sure i keep you updated if i start my game

Hahnemann is only good for the 1 season, so u wanna look to bring in someone like Hugo Lloris.

Shorey is class and Rosenior is very reliable as is Cisse as a CB but look to bring in a new CB.

Harper and Hunt are good players, I picked up Per Ciljan Skjelbred for £1mil and he got best buy at end of season also got Pennent on loan.

Doyle can bang in the goals but blows hot and cold, i sold Lita asap and spent most of my budget on Guilherme who scored 24 league goals in 1st season level wiv Rooney and 1 behind Adebayor.

I am in my second season with Reading (8.02 update applied)and in the Champions League, I finished 4th in my first season (but Chelsea won the European Cup).

Beware of the Chairman he will sell your best players for a bit of cash.

Lita to Spurs 8.5m

Doyle to Liverool 10.5m

Shorey to Newcastle 6.5m

1st season signings..

Stancu sold to Villa 7.5m

Bzsudsak sold to At. Madrid 7m

Transfers In Season 1,

Felipe GK Santos 2.9m (now a wonderkid)

Preston Edwards GK Millwall 450k

Carles Coto RM Mouscron 250k (next Joaquin)

Bogdan Stancu 500k

Joe Ledly 1.9m Cardiff

Dan Harding 1.2m Ipswich

Danny Haynes 2.5m Ipswich (legend)

I now have Berbatov up fron after Spurs got relegated.

James Henry is phenominal in the reserves and 1st team. Same as Golbourne.

Im about 8 gmaes into my first season and i'm sitting pretty at the.................bottom of the league icon_frown.gif

My league results so far:

Man Utd (a) Lost 6-2

Sunderland (a) Lost 2-0

Blackburn (h) Lost 2-1

Liverpool (h) Lost 2-1

West Ham (a) Lost 1-0

Newcastle (h) WON 4-3

Fulham (a) Lost 2-1

Carling Cup

2nd Round: Macclesfield Town (a) Won 3-0

3rd Round: West Brom (a) Won 2-2 (4-3 on pens)

Haven't sold anyone but bought in Russian international Andrey Arshavin for £5m to play down the right hand side but is finding it hard to adjust to English life as 1 week he is amazing the next he goes missing.

My team

Hahnemann

Murty Cisse Ingimarsson Shorey

Arshavin Harper Matejovsky Hunt

Doyle Long

I find it hard to get a style of play that suits my players....any tips???

first tip is ... dont play one of the best midfield playmakers on the wing

arshavin should be at amc or mc going forward mate.. he's only jsut average at RW ...

second tip.... get some midfielders in to help him... eggert jonsson on the new patch is good...

loan one of the arsenal lot.. or get sidwell back on loan...

sign kalouda for Rw for less then 2 mil

use a good tactic... 442 is a hard tactic to get playing well on this patch .. go for one up front ... doyle is perfect... theres some great 4-3-2-1 tactics out there .. check the tactic forums...

best formation for me with mediocre teams has always been

gk

rb cb cb rb

dmc

cm cm

rw lw

cf cf

Originally posted by welshace:

first tip is ... dont play one of the best midfield playmakers on the wing

arshavin should be at amc or mc going forward mate.. he's only jsut average at RW ...

second tip.... get some midfielders in to help him... eggert jonsson on the new patch is good...

loan one of the arsenal lot.. or get sidwell back on loan...

sign kalouda for Rw for less then 2 mil

use a good tactic... 442 is a hard tactic to get playing well on this patch .. go for one up front ... doyle is perfect... theres some great 4-3-2-1 tactics out there .. check the tactic forums...

best formation for me with mediocre teams has always been

gk

rb cb cb rb

dmc

cm cm

rw lw

cf cf

Nice one - i will give it a go, things cant get any worse :-)

oi oi ginger roy

I agree with welshace one upfront is def the way and personally lita wouldnt stop smashing them in for me, but when i put doyle upfront with him it was shocking and yeah i agree get in some loan cover its a must, i got benayoun on loan and he was brill but yeah lok at arsenal and even abroad if u have any other leagues loaded up.

Ive been playin a reading game....5 seasons so far i think with positions being 9th, 8th, 6th, 10th, 6th. So as you can see im struggling to break into that top four. This season i should hopefully though as ive got some class players like Ustari, Vidal, Piatti, Assulin, Payet, Saviet, Acapandie

Reading FC 2017

| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Nat | Height | Weight | Age | Value |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | | Igor Akinfeev | GK | RUS | 6'1" | 12 st 1 lbs | 31 | £16.5M |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| GK | | Michael Knaller | GK | AUT | 5'10" | 11 st 13 lbs | 25 | £4.2M |

| DC | Wnt | Patrice Koné | SW, D RLC, WB R | FRA | 6'4" | 13 st 12 lbs | 21 | £6.25M |

| DR | Tut | Enrique Alvarez | D RC | ARG | 6'1" | 13 st 0 lbs | 26 | £7.75M |

| - | | Anthony Vanden Borre | D RC, WB R, DM, M RC | BEL | 6'1" | 12 st 8 lbs | 30 | £2.9M |

| - | | Manuel Da Costa | D LC | POR | 6'2" | 12 st 3 lbs | 31 | £925K |

| DC | Tut | Daniel Fraga | D C | URU | 5'11" | 11 st 13 lbs | 27 | £5.75M |

| - | Wnt | Federico Marangoni | D C | ITA | 6'2" | 13 st 9 lbs | 25 | £4.9M |

| - | | Miguel Veloso | D C, DM | POR | 5'11" | 12 st 3 lbs | 31 | £3.4M |

| DL | Tut | Goran Aleksic | D/WB L | CRO | 5'9" | 11 st 6 lbs | 24 | £21M |

| S1 | Tut | Guilherme | D/WB L | BRA | 5'8" | 10 st 7 lbs | 29 | £7.5M |

| - | Lst | Marvin Angulo | D/WB/M R | CRC | 5'8" | 8 st 11 lbs | 31 | £2.8M |

| MC | Wnt | Francesc Fàbregas | M C | ESP | 5'9" | 10 st 12 lbs | 30 | £12.75M |

| MR | Wnt | Luciano de Castro | AM R | BRA | 5'9" | 11 st 4 lbs | 24 | £11.75M |

| MC | Slt | Yoann Gourcuff | AM RC | FRA | 6'1" | 12 st 3 lbs | 31 | £1.6M |

| - | | Ryan Babel | AM RLC, F C | NED | 6'1" | 12 st 6 lbs | 30 | £3.4M |

| - | Tut | Gabriel Torje | AM R, ST | ROM | 5'7" | 9 st 12 lbs | 27 | £11.5M |

| ML | Slt | Angel Di María | AM LC | ARG | 6'0" | 11 st 4 lbs | 29 | £13.75M |

| S2 | Tut | Matías Fernández | AM LC | CHI | 5'9" | 11 st 11 lbs | 31 | £9.25M |

| S5 | Tut | Sérgio Mota | AM LC | ENG | 5'9" | 10 st 12 lbs | 27 | £11.75M |

| - | Tut | Maor Bozaglo | AM C | ISR | 5'9" | 11 st 4 lbs | 29 | £2.9M |

| S7 | Lrn | Gianfranco Barbieri | AM/F C | ITA | 5'10" | 11 st 13 lbs | 21 | £2.7M |

| - | Lst | Jimmy Briand | F C | FRA | 5'11" | 13 st 3 lbs | 32 | £1.5M |

| S6 | Wnt | Bogdan Stancu | F C | ROM | 6'0" | 11 st 9 lbs | 30 | £12.75M |

| S3 | Tut | Alan Kardec | ST | BRA | 6'1" | 11 st 9 lbs | 28 | £16.25M |

| S4 | | Andy Carroll | ST | ENG | 6'6" | 11 st 13 lbs | 28 | £3.4M |

| FC | Tut | Miles Jones | ST | ENG | 5'10" | 11 st 11 lbs | 23 | £10.25M |

| FC | Tut | Joaquín Vázquez | ST | USA | 5'10" | 11 st 13 lbs | 27 | £7.75M |

This is the games recommendation of my all time best XI, which gives a better idea of how the team came to be what it is now. Although there are a few absolute legends left out. Now won 5x PL titles in a row, 2 FA cups, 2 league cups, 2 CL titles, 1 UEFA cup and more of the smaller cups, i.e. Euro Super Cup.

Matias Fernandaz is an absolute Don and was funded by the moaning Van Der Vaart. Team generally built up from youngsters bought cheap, sold expensive. Repeat. Game is getting to stage where it is becoming dominated be regens. Currently England manager too, not much to choose from. There is a huge lack of decent English regens, Spain team looks incredible.

All-time:

| Name | Position | Apps | Gls | Rat |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Igor Akinfeev | GK | 217 | - | 7.18 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| André Bikey | D RC, WB R, DM, M RC | 117 | - | 6.86 |

| Guilherme | D/WB/M L | 352 | 7 | 7.14 |

| Oded Gavish | SW, D C | 162 | 14 | 7.30 |

| Christopher Samba | D RC | 151 | 4 | 7.15 |

| Gabriel Torje | AM RC, F C | 294 | 22 | 7.12 |

| Sérgio Mota | AM LC | 244 | 17 | 7.12 |

| Matías Fernández | AM LC | 286 | 87 | 7.19 |

| Fernando Belluschi | AM RC | 282 | 35 | 7.01 |

| Bogdan Stancu | F C | 343 | 200 | 7.14 |

| Alan Kardec | ST | 238 | 140 | 7.30 |

| Benoît Costil | GK | 169 | - | 7.04 |

| Ryan Babel | AM RLC, F C | 184 | 14 | 7.17 |

| Miguel Veloso | D C, DM | 91 | 3 | 7.07 |

| Renato Augusto | AM RLC | 111 | - | 6.86 |

| Jimmy Briand | F C | 133 | 111 | 7.30 |

| | | | | |

Last Season:

| Name | Position | Apps | Gls | Rat |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Igor Akinfeev | GK | 45 | - | 7.02 |

| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Enrique Alvarez | D RC | 34 | 2 | 7.24 |

| Guilherme | D/WB L | 35 | 1 | 7.23 |

| Oded Gavish | SW, D C | 34 | 9 | 7.47 |

| Diogo | D C, ST | 42 | 7 | 7.05 |

| Gabriel Torje | AM RC, F C | 31 | 4 | 7.32 |

| Sérgio Mota | AM LC | 31 | 2 | 7.13 |

| Matías Fernández | AM LC | 38 | 15 | 7.34 |

| Francesc Fàbregas | M C | 34 | 1 | 7.12 |

| Bogdan Stancu | F C | 39 | 29 | 7.56 |

| Alan Kardec | ST | 37 | 20 | 7.51 |

| Petr Cech | GK | 18 | - | 6.83 |

| Andy Carroll | ST | 30 | 11 | 7.10 |

| Angel Di María | AM LC | 40 | 6 | 7.10 |

| Ryan Babel | AM RLC, F C | 35 | - | 7.09 |

| Manuel Da Costa | D LC | 29 | 1 | 6.97 |

MaxEFunk

Looks spot on mate so i take it your now odds on each year to take the prem title??

Any advice on cheap youngsters who turn out to be worth some money to sell on?? as im having trouble pin pointing some in 2nd season?

First Team for 2008/09 season

GK - Villar

RB - Rosenior

LB - Shorey

CB - Bikey

CB - Sonko

RM - Ziani

LM - Armenteros

CM - Fernandos

CM - Jimenez

CF - Lita

CF - Epalle

So far this season i am 3rd in the league behind chelsea and man utd, main man is lita with 23 in 20 hes on fire, pretty happy with squad for the minute but wanna look to the future so could do with some ideas i do have that young one from feyenord wijnaldum i think so any ideas would be brill??

Transfers over first 2 seasons:

Season 1:

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 12.7.2007 | Stancu, Bogdan | Unirea Urziceni | £250K |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 12.7.2007 | Evans, Jonathan | Man Utd | Loan |

| 16.7.2007 | Jourdren, Geoffrey | Montpellier Hérault SC | £50K |

| 18.7.2007 | Vuoso, Matías | Santos Laguna | £750K |

| 19.7.2007 | Belluschi, Fernando | River | £4.3M |

| 25.7.2007 | Flamini, Mathieu | Arsenal | Loan |

| 25.7.2007 | Valiente, Marc | Barcelona | Loan |

| 25.7.2007 | Assulin, Gai | Barcelona | Loan |

| 26.7.2007 | Crosas, Marc | Barcelona | Loan |

| 31.7.2007 | Centeno, Walter | Saprissa | Free |

| 17.8.2007 | Deschacht, Olivier | Anderlecht | £1.8M |

| 17.8.2007 | Doudin, Charles-André | La Chaux-de-Fonds | £100K |

| 31.8.2007 | Dudu Cearense | CSKA Moscow | £4.5M |

| 13.1.2008 | Torje, Gabriel | Poli 1921 | £325K |

| | Total | | £12M |

| | | | |

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 20.7.2007 | Pearce, Alex | MK Dons | £400K |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 28.7.2007 | Golbourne, Scott | Plymouth | Loan |

| 2.8.2007 | Andersen, Mikkel | Bradford | £75K |

| 25.8.2007 | Shorey, Nicky | Portsmouth | £7.75M |

| 26.8.2007 | Halls, John | West Brom | £1.1M |

| 28.8.2007 | Church, Simon | Cheltenham | £600K |

| 2.1.2008 | Kitson, Dave | Wigan | £2.7M |

| 8.1.2008 | Cox, Simon | Bristol Rovers | Loan |

| 18.2.2008 | Stack, Graham | Gillingham | Loan |

| | Total | | £12.75M |

| | | | |

Season 2:

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| 1.7.2008 | Lulinha | Corinthians | £2.9M |

| 1.7.2008 | Rothen, Jérôme | Paris Saint-Germain | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Hobbs, Jack | Liverpool | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Skrtel, Martin | Zenit Peterburg | £3.2M |

| 5.7.2008 | van der Vaart, Rafael | HSV | £15M |

| 7.7.2008 | Barazite, Nacer | Arsenal | £575K |

| 9.7.2008 | Piatti, Pablo | Lazio | £2.3M |

| 12.7.2008 | Hoyte, Justin | Arsenal | Loan |

| 19.7.2008 | Guilherme | Vasco | £5.5M |

| 19.7.2008 | Pizarro, Claudio | Chelsea | Loan |

| 23.7.2008 | Rafael Forster | Internacional | £240K |

| 9.8.2008 | Valiente, Marc | Barcelona | Loan |

| 12.8.2008 | Breno | São Paulo | £11.25M |

| 24.8.2008 | Costil, Benoît | Stade Malherbe de Caen | £1.7M |

| 30.8.2008 | Gavilán, Jaime | Valencia | Loan |

| | Total | | £42.5M |

| | | | |

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 1.7.2008 | Duberry, Michael | Luton | £30K |

| 1.7.2008 | Faé, Emerse | Sunderland | £1.6M |

| 1.7.2008 | Stack, Graham | MK Dons | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Brown, Aaron | Colchester | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Cox, Simon | Northampton | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Davies, Scott | Dag & Red | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Bygrave, Adam | Peterborough | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Piotrowski, Tom | Woking | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Golbourne, Scott | Watford | £850K |

| 1.7.2008 | Oster, John | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Osano, Curtis | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Hamer, Ben | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | de la Cruz, Ulises | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Little, Glen | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Forde-Small, Jamel | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2008 | Brown, Steve | Free Transfer | Free |

| 3.7.2008 | Rosenior, Liam | Derby | £2.8M |

| 4.7.2008 | Hamer, Ben | Halifax | Free |

| 10.7.2008 | Robson-Kanu, Hal | Yeovil | £230K |

| 10.7.2008 | Gunnarsson, Brynjar| Leicester | £210K |

| 11.7.2008 | Harper, James | Sunderland | £3.1M |

| 20.7.2008 | Doyle, Kevin | Birmingham | £8M |

| 24.7.2008 | Rafael Forster | Maldegem | Loan |

| 25.7.2008 | Cissé, Khalifa | Valladolid | £675K |

| 2.8.2008 | Ingimarsson, Ãvar | Leicester | £1M |

| 18.8.2008 | Karacan, Jem | Oldham | Loan |

| 7.1.2009 | Sonko, Ibrahima | Everton | £4.9M |

| 14.1.2009 | Henry, James | Cardiff | Loan |

| 26.1.2009 | Jourdren, Geoffrey | Toulouse FC | Loan |

| | Total | | £23.5M |

| | | | |

Adopted the 4-1-4-1 tactic and it seems to be (kinda) working....im laying in 15th spot but only 3pts above the drop zone with 16 games to go. All i seem to do is draw games though - i can score 2 or 3 goals a game but still let the same amount in at the back.

Whats the best way to tighten up my defence?

I managed to get Jermaine Pennant on loan till the end of the season which was a result.

Team:

Hahnemann

Roseinier Sonko Cisse Shorey

Harper

Pennant Arshavin Matejovsky Convey

Doyle

Originally posted by Adman10:

To be fair it looks like a good back 4, u may wanna start playing slightly more defensive and hope u dont stop scoring but it loks ok hahnemann is a little weak to be fair. Hows lita doin for ya?

lol well i've upset him as he didn't turn up for training so i fined him and dropped him to the ressies for a couple of weeks. Now he wants to leave.

oi oi ginger roy

Yeah he can be a little firey, but trust me stick with he is one of the reasons im 3rd in the league 26 games gone he has scored 25 in 27 so doing brill, U started to put some better results together??

Hmmm, been meaning to start a new Reading game for a while, never really gone to plan as of yet.

Granted i've always played a 4-4-2 with Reading, so might start again and try a 4-1-3-1-1 i've been using with Wigan. So wondering if you guys have any other tips on good CM/AMC/RM i could get for Reading?

Eyko

I do go on about him but epalle is a great MR and also plays an AMC well and a good striker and will cost all of about 3m he is class giev him a try ill have a think bout cm i find although stats arent great Fae is always good

oi oi ginger roy

Yeah he can be a little firey, but trust me stick with he is one of the reasons im 3rd in the league 26 games gone he has scored 25 in 27 so doing brill, U started to put some better results together??

To be honest i haven't played any games yet as its January transfer window and i've been scouting for players. Only problem is the board will only allow £4k a week in wages until i shift some players - thing is, nobody wants any of my players, or if they do they're the likes of Shorey, Harper, Doyle etc.

Hoping to get through the rest of the (1st) season tonight so will keep you updated!

So your not able to make any budget adjustents then??

Season 2008/2009

Prem - Well i am massively happy with the seaosn ending up a bril 3rd get in, i finished below man utd and arsenal then pompey 5th chelsea 6th, Very very happy with how it went Lita was immense with 34 in 37 games then doyle got 15 in 20 and Epalle got 14 in bout 23 while also playing on the wing.

FA Cup and League Cup - Not so good only fourth round of league cup and 5th round of FA cup so need major improvement next season i think.

Overall board were very happy mainly with the prem position but not with the cups so next season here i come

Main 11:-

GK: Villar

RB: Rosenior/Sarghi(Romanion cost me 150k now worth 2m)

LB: Shorey(been an insipration)

CB: Sonko(being chased by liverpool and barca now)

CB: Bikey(Been brill may look to get someone else but still spot on good RB too)

RM: Ziani(Made massive difference so quick)

LM: Armenteros/Hunt(hunt ok but arm was great massive avg rating)

CM: Fernando/Ponzio

CM: Jimenez/Fae/Harper

SC: Lita

SC: Doyle/Epalle

Squad did very ver well i was happy with the strength and depth i had thinking i now need some more class back up as i dont have any back up LB, So im thinkin a nice young lb for the future for when shorey gets on and a new CB maybe looking to take the slot of bikey and possibly a new striker i have shane long and i will prob send out on loan again. There is a possibility i can get anelka on the cheap hes 30 but still class and hopefully with the funds coming on really build upon the required spots but im pretty happy with the main squad

Will update with transfers as and when happen Cheers

With 4 games to go i am currently sitting in 14th spot having gone 7 games unbeaten (4 wins and 3 draws) - i now can't be relegated so my goal for the season has been achieved icon_cool.gif

Wigan have already been relegated and i declared interest in Kirkland (GK) which he was flattered about - i then offered £2.6m which Wigan turned down and now Kirkland is unhappy with them, turning down their latest contract offer and is apparently out to impress me. When the new season comes (as i dont have anymore than £2.6m available) i will bid for him again.

With a disappointing season i'm looking to clear out the deadwood and build for a mid-table finish next season.

oi oi ginger roy

sounds good congrats, who is so far been the star performer and let down for ya??

Trabsfers 2009/2010

In:

Jeremy Menez AMRLC- £21m

Chris Kirkland GK - Free

Pellefiere(spelling) DC - £4m

Aythami DC,DM - Free

Wayne Routledge AMRL - Free

Clarence Seedorf AMRLC - £550k

Out:

Stephen Hunt - 1m - Nottingham Forest

James Harper - 1.2m - Wigan

Fuci - 4m - Napoli) he was a dm i got free last season i loaned him out and then didnt need him so transfer listed him and they cam in for 4m baragin

Shane Long - Loan - Nottingham forest

My best player of the lot has to be kirkland all round to be honest he has played some blinders and for the money i really cant moan he has taken over villars number 1 spot, menez has been good but had a slight injury so had little trouble starting

Season so far - its bad i am 10 games in and im 17th its not good, i cant score lita just isnt on form like last season so im worried now that i dont have enough strikers so maybe dip in in januray, fingers crossed things go upward.

Champions league - Well i got a well hard group Ajaz, Real madrid, Schalke. and im 2nd looking to get out which is brill i was 3-0 down away to ajax and pulled it back to 3-3 so performing well in the champions league.

So overall not a great start but will keep ya posted, let me no what ya think?

Sounds like you're suffering from 4th season syndrome icon_wink.gif

Keep us updated on your progress - love reading Reading stories!

As for me, well i've ended the season and finished 15th after i drew 1-1 with Villa and Sunderland smashed 5 past Birmingham to go above me on goal difference - gutted!

Star players:

Matejovsky - scored 11 from central mid

Arshavin - such a skillfu player, nobody can take it off him

Doyle - banged in 21 goals

Let downs:

Hunt - dropped to the bench now

Kitson - scored 2 goals all season

Am gonna off-load Kitson and Hunt in the summer and hopefully bring in Kirkland (if i can ever afford him) and Pennant who i've had onloan for 6 months and is transfer listed at £4.5m

Ah this is good. I was just this moment considering starting a game with Reading after my Cardiff game turned to a shambles.

1st season i said top half finish and we just missed out on promotion by a 2 goal difference!

2nd season i got knocked out of the playoffs by an under performing Fulham! icon_frown.gif

3rd season i won the league but got fired because our finances were low... it wasn't my fault they decided to expand the staduim!!

Spent 5 months without a job so i thought i'd start again lol. So yea, i come on here and see this thread. Kinda in the mood to do it now

Originally posted by R-dizzle:

Ah this is good. I was just this moment considering starting a game with Reading after my Cardiff game turned to a shambles.

1st season i said top half finish and we just missed out on promotion by a 2 goal difference!

2nd season i got knocked out of the playoffs by an under performing Fulham! icon_frown.gif

3rd season i won the league but got fired because our finances were low... it wasn't my fault they decided to expand the staduim!!

Spent 5 months without a job so i thought i'd start again lol. So yea, i come on here and see this thread. Kinda in the mood to do it now

cool - keep us updated....

oi oi ginger roy

dude kirkland is the way forward mate he is spot on for me, still sat in 16th now not happy. yeah i found hunt semi ok and kitson was rubbish so i got shot quick. You in 2nd season now then? Looking to bring any loans in?

R-dizzle

Do it bud its a great challenge

well a new GK really as hahnemann isnt realy great, i feel cb are good in ingamarsson, sonko,bikey maybe a replacment up to u really.

Midfield is prob the worst part for them to be honest u have no RM so thats first mc is weak with harper and fae being the strongest but ml is ok with hunt and comvey good but not skill, i bought epalle for my rm and he has been brill, Upfront is good really with doyle and lita and long for prospect after being a season or 2 in now though i feel that maybe another striker would be good to be honest but only someone of higher stats really, thats about it really i dont have a huge list for potential positions sorry but sidwell on loan for cm is always a good choice as money is very very tight, so maybe some loans a few cheap buys is the only way to kind of get throught he 1st season and stay away from the dreaded drop

R-dizzle

Do it bud its a great challenge

I once took Reading in LMA Manager 2002 from division 2 to the prem. But it crashed after i signed Barthez lol.

I was born in reading so have always liked playing them. I started a game with them earlier but i remember i had a bit of work to do so didn't get very far. I shal post an update when i get into it a bit more icon14.gif

well a new GK really as hahnemann isnt realy great, i feel cb are good in ingamarsson, sonko,bikey maybe a replacment up to u really.

Midfield is prob the worst part for them to be honest u have no RM so thats first mc is weak with harper and fae being the strongest but ml is ok with hunt and comvey good but not skill, i bought epalle for my rm and he has been brill, Upfront is good really with doyle and lita and long for prospect after being a season or 2 in now though i feel that maybe another striker would be good to be honest but only someone of higher stats really, thats about it really i dont have a huge list for potential positions sorry but sidwell on loan for cm is always a good choice as money is very very tight, so maybe some loans a few cheap buys is the only way to kind of get throught he 1st season and stay away from the dreaded drop

The defence is pretty decent - i've found Cisse and Sonko (once he's fit) are the best combo with Bikey and Ingamarrson playing the cup games.

Right midfield is certainly where you need to strengthen and depending on your formation another central midfielder.

The U19's are amazing and, in my game, won the league with only 1 defeat getting results in the 5's, 6's & 7's each game...certainly some players for the future there!

Keep hold of James Henry, he looks one for the future!

Welshace

How you doin in your season hows everyone progressin?

oi oi ginger roy

Yeah i find the youth is good i gotta be honest i havent played alot of them but i have started playing a striker called church and he scored in his first game so with lita and doyle out im gonna give him a try out i think u got anything promising?

Welshace

How you doin in your season hows everyone progressin?

oi oi ginger roy

Yeah i find the youth is good i gotta be honest i havent played alot of them but i have started playing a striker called church and he scored in his first game so with lita and doyle out im gonna give him a try out i think u got anything promising?

Im only just in pre-season of season 2 so wont be playing any of them just yet but a couple from the U19 have caught my eye - two strikers and a central midfielder (one is from Iceland and already in the national squad) and the other is Bossman or something (guessing here) but anyway they banged in over 100 goals between them. Might try them out in the stiffs this season as the reserves finished bottom of the group last season.

You got any tips on training? - i've never known what to do with that side of the game!?

In training i always set up schedules for each position.

Strikers - High Att and Shooting, medium for almost everything else other than GK'ing and Defensive for example.

Defenders would have more or less the same but low attack and shooting but high defensive, and high strength and aerial.

I play full backs down the wings to help out with my wingers so with them they're like the denders with high defense but also with a high-ish attack, focus more on defense tho because that is their position.

Its just about thinking how you play and just work out a schedule for those positions which you think would benefit them the most.

If i think i need to play another way then i mix up the schedule a bit, maybe boost strength if im getting knocked all over the pitch lol.

Helps if you have good staff too. I let most of my coaching staff go because they were poo to make way for some others who said they wanted XYZ in a contract. They accepted but the board keep saying we don't need another coach..!! I've got like 4 coaching staff now and they're rubbish

Well not a massive update but i have managed to scramble myslef into 10th in the league but still board not happy bout it and half my players think were underperforming which we are and a few want to leave, In the uefa cup now in semis i beat villereal 4-0 away in 1st leg and lost 2-1 at home but went through which is spot on.

Now goin on about youngsters man i had no lita doyle so basically no strikers so i thought id give a couple of youth a go one is called simon church and one called vignall, now church is on fire he has played 10 scored 9 and avg is 7.85 and vignall has 7 in 9 with avg of 7.5, so now lita is back and im struggling to play him Church is now deemed to become better than doyle and he is immense so give him a try people he has huge potential and bignall well he is ok but still bangin them in, so overall im very very happy with my strikers now i did pull one in in the januray window his name i cant remember at the mo will updat later but he is italian.

Well season 2010/2011 has begun and its not goin well at all im in 13th which i dont understand i have a brilliant team it just isnt doing well at all. I cant beat any of the small teams either and when i finally score i am then conceading the same amount, it seems my best cb last season dellafiaire(spelling) is now having the worst season ever will update as i go.

Anyway here's my main transfers in:

Nigel Reo-coker CM - 17m

Fato SC - Free

Arbenzoar RB - Free

Main Out:

Jeremey Menez - £23.5m (Valencia)

As you can see not a massive season on transfers although i some how signed 18 players most were young guys for future i got alot of spanish and brazilians all gone to feeder clubs for the season, Bit gutted bout menez but didnt really have mush choice he wasnt happy and they came in and basically he wanted to leave and that was that. Reo-coker is i feel really good for me as i needed a CM bad and he fitted the bill and i needed someone world class and he is now stats are brill just s shame no one else is performing, Lita and doyle not scoring which is annoying. Will update further at january am 12 games in so far.

Hows everybody else's goin?

Well i promised to finish season 2 this weekend, didn't quite work out that way...i have only managed pre-season (oops).

Anyway, i was busy in the transfer market - the board has given me £13m to spend to help avoid relegation - my signings so far are:

Kirkland (GK) - £3.6m

Zárate (M/F) - £3.5m (Birmingham had first dabs on him but could only offer £300k, lol)

Im in two minds as to whether or not buy a new holding midfielder and ship Harper out?! - Nicky Shorey asked for a new contract, which i was shocked about, so offered him 4 years at £20k per week - saves looking for a new left back.

Will hopefully get more of the season done tonight - will update again tomo!

Archived