Man City never play in their away kit!

Please fix this SI. I loved FM 09 but the one thing that really loved me was that my beloved Man City never played in any other kit apart from their home one. We play in it against Portsmouth away and random other clubs like Celta Vigo and Lazio etc.

It's really annoying when you're playing as City and it starts to get very boring. We have 2 amazing away kits this season too so it would be shame to waste them.

I suppose I could use the editor to make the home kit colour a bit darker so it clashes with other teams but I think SI should change it.

It's hardly a priority fix, is it? Granted, it can seem unrealistic, but I'm sure there are more pressing matters...

To be fair to the first poster, I can't remember if it was 08 or 09 where my club Hibernian and our derby side Hearts used to always play in away kit when we played each other, but in a SI patch they changed it so both clubs wear there home tops and it does add a more realistic feel to it.

The light blue used for City is annoying as well when you're trying to read white commentary text on it. Good thing I usually only play them twice a season.

Its easier to read since patch 9.3.0. I believe SI made the blue slightly darker making the white stand out a bit more.

Kits clashing could do with being looked at. A recent example in my Newcastle save was when we played at AC Milan. Obviously AC played in their home red/black striped strip, but Newcastle played in their home black/white stripes and both sets of commentary wer in black, it was very hard to distinguish between them.

I think the away team should be offered a choice of playing in their home or away kit, Ive had several games where both teams look identical on the pitch in 2d.

Agree, the concept of playing in a home kit away is something that my club at least very rarely does. Unless the away kit clashes with the other team's home kit, we wear our away kit every away game. The option to choose a kit would be good

Barca always use their 3rd kit against Atletico, which I found quite annoying in my game. It is because in the game Atleticos away kit is coded blue/red, i.e. too close to Barca kit even though the actual kit is quite different from the Barca kit, is actually an all grey-blue kit (to my eyes anyway). Barca don't use the away kit at all for some reason, and it is the only time I see the third one.

Barca always use their 3rd kit against Atletico, which I found quite annoying in my game. It is because in the game Atleticos away kit is coded blue/red, i.e. too close to Barca kit even though the actual kit is quite different from the Barca kit, is actually an all grey-blue kit (to my eyes anyway). Barca don't use the away kit at all for some reason, and it is the only time I see the third one.

Thats strange because isnt Barca's away kit bright yellow, and no home kits clash with the home kit and away kit

I've being saying ever since i started plating the game (99-00) that you should be able to choose your kits for away games. For two reasons.

a) To stop the game being repetitive.

b) to stop the kit clashes. i remeber in fm07 arsenal and villa would play each other in their home kits.

I had a spell in charge of Sporting CP on FM09, and obviously their kit is green and white hoops. So, whenever we played against a team who had a white kit, we'd use our away kit, which was... white! The text was the darkest possible green as well, so if we played against someone who played in white with black trim, there was no way at all of telling the commentary strips apart. It's a shame as well, because I think their third kit was yellow, or something like that.

I've being saying ever since i started plating the game (99-00) that you should be able to choose your kits for away games. For two reasons.

a) To stop the game being repetitive.

b) to stop the kit clashes. i remeber in fm07 arsenal and villa would play each other in their home kits.

Wouldn't the whole "choosing an away kit" thing eventually become laborious, like the press conferences? They were fine until you'd done them for half a season, at which point you were wishing you didn't have to keep going with it. Admittedly there's the option to let your AssMan handle it, but then in this circumstance that kind of defeats the point. I'd rather the game was just better at assigning kits which don't contrast at all.

Wouldn't the whole "choosing an away kit" thing eventually become laborious, like the press conferences? They were fine until you'd done them for half a season, at which point you were wishing you didn't have to keep going with it. Admittedly there's the option to let your AssMan handle it, but then in this circumstance that kind of defeats the point. I'd rather the game was just better at assigning kits which don't contrast at all.

one click?

Like I say, I would rather play in my away kit for EVERY away game, unless it clashed with the opponents home kit

one click?

Like I say, I would rather play in my away kit for EVERY away game, unless it clashed with the opponents home kit

Well maybe you won't mind, but me I already get sick of having to click to get my AssMan to attend my press conferences. I would set him to do it permanently but occasionally there's one I actually want to attend. I can't say whether most people agree with me or not, but I think a fair few people would find having to make a decision every single away game to be an unwanted hassle.

Well maybe you won't mind, but me I already get sick of having to click to get my AssMan to attend my press conferences. I would set him to do it permanently but occasionally there's one I actually want to attend. I can't say whether most people agree with me or not, but I think a fair few people would find having to make a decision every single away game to be an unwanted hassle.

I'm sure there would be a button in team settings to do it automatically

Archived