Man City - Micheal Johnson, 7.75 million bid. Sell? Quick reply please :D

Zellix

Hey there. I'm currently second place, in the first season, heading into a crunch match against Arsenal. I'm fairly content with my squad but have had a £7.75 million bid for Micheal Johnson.

He looks a really promising player so I'm not sure if to accept or not. It's 19th of dec, so coming up to the transfer window so I could buy a replacement if I needed to.

I currently play with two MC's which would be a combination of: Van Der Vaart, Johnson or Elano. Occasionally I use Modric in midfield, or Geovanni if need be. I still have Bojinov although I don't think he's that good in MC.

Elano is out for a few weeks. Should I sell for that price? Wright-Phillips is available at just over 5 million so I could always have Elano in MC if I got him. Usually I'd sell at that price, but he has decent stats and I can't seem to find a replacement at a decent price with a decent age.

Players who I might be able to replace him with, some with retraining would possibly be Tim Borowski, Flamini (probably wouldn't sign though), Simplicio Fabio, Lorik Cano. Not sure who else really.

Yeah I was thinking I probably can't replace the man for a decent price, looks really promising. Only problem is that he said he would like to join Liverpool, so he's going to moan like anything I'd imagine now they've finally put in a decent offer.

My squad is below, looking at it I can't really afford to let him go now I think about it.

squadmr5.jpg

Depends partly on how well he plays for you IMO.

On my City game he has his days but isn't great so I'm going to wait till about 3rd season I think it is when his value soars to £20-odd-M then sell him icon_biggrin.gif

So you could do that and just wait and get more for him allowing for a better replacement or left-back.

Okay thanks, after considering everything carefully I'm going to hold onto him. He has the fourth highest rating and has made 10 appearances so far so he's still useful to me. Can't really find anyone who is better than him to bring in for that price as I don't really just want to sell him to get a replacement.

Definitely want to get a new left back as soon as I can though. Looks like the challenge for the title is pretty much over though until next season, lost to Arsenal away so I'm 7 points behind united now and they're unbeaten. Still half the season to go though so you never know. Just at that phase though where Real and Milan are trying to get Richards.

Yeah I think TBF it depends on whether you actually use him or not. I use the guy in roughly half of my games atm so he's still a fairly important player although I might let him leave eventually for the right price. I sold Stephan Ireland already though. Did he do well for you?

I sold Geovanni now, with Vassell and used the money towards buying Sean Wright-Phillips since he wanted to leave Chelsea. My midfield will be a bit packed out come next season with Elano, Van Der Vaart, Petrov, Modric, Bojinov, Johnson, Sean Wright- Phillips and Jiminez will be joining too.

So I think left will be Modric/Petrov, Center will be between Van Der Vaart/Jiminez & Elano/Johnson & the right side will be SWP/Bojinov. Elano is okay on the right hand side if need be. I might possibly sell Bojinov but I think the midfield probably will be strong enough to keep as it is.

Definitely need a new left back though. I think the team is okay but it's young and probably needs a few years to mature.

He went to Newcastle at the start of season 2 for me at a price over £20mil; which was a pity because I was interested (as Arsenal) but wasn't willing to pay that much.

Looks to be quality in my save however, so I'd prefer to hang onto him. If you were looking to sell, I reckon you could probably squeeze £30mil out of a big club for him.

Eh...just in case you can't read we have already came to a conclusion not to sell the chap and the bids have gone up to around £15 million at the moment. Johnson is playing in my first team and as you can see from the screenshots, especially since I don't restart my games like a lot of people do, I'm not playing him wrong. He currently has around the 4th or 5th highest rating in the first team which is good. I think the reason I asked, rather obviously, is because it was in the first half of the first season so I hadn't had the chance to get a REAL GOOD look at the lad so needed advice on whether it was a good offer or not.

Anyway thanks for the heads up guys. Might have lost some cash since I was tempted to sell him as I have many people who seem to play just as good as him in MC. I'll wait a few seasons before cashing in icon_biggrin.gif. If not hold onto him depending how season two goes.

I'm pretty happy at the moment since he is fitting into the first team fairly often.

• 2 months later...

Archived