Football Manager 2010 & Windows 7

does it play fm faster on windows 7?

For that you need a faster processor and lots of RAM. OS doesn't matter much. I had XP before (with a okay-ish processor and 2GB RAM) and now I've vista (C2Duo 3GHZ + 4 GB RAM) and now FM09 is running faster, smoother than XP.

For that you need a faster processor and lots of RAM. OS doesn't matter much. I had XP before (with a okay-ish processor and 2GB RAM) and now I've vista (C2Duo 3GHZ + 4 GB RAM) and now FM09 is running faster, smoother than XP.

[sarcasm]Yeah, that's the OS's fault ...[/sarcasm]

The RTM has been out for about a month and Im sure Sega/SI will have access to this to ensure FM10 runs ok. As 7 is basically a facelift of Vista with all the bad bits taken out Im sure there is nothing to worry about. There is a large beta testing team and Im sure some of them will have Win 7 running FM fine ;)

• 3 months later...
i have windows 7 now and i've just installed FM10. having an absolute mare at the moment... installed ok and booted up the first time no bother. but i quit it and it will not open again...

I'm having no problem running FM10 on my Win7 PC, so it must be something else other than the OS

I'm having no problem running FM10 on my Win7 PC, so it must be something else other than the OS

Seconded. I've got FM on all three of my builds. Desktop, Notebook, Netbook, all running fine (albiet the netbook lacks the grunt required and is largely for the girlfriend)

• 2 weeks later...
Did u installed it ok? Or had to work around to get it to install? 'Cause that's my problem... can't even install the game

What do you mean by that? An error comes up when installing? Disc not detected?

And yes, it installed fine. No workaround or anything required.

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with my new copy of fm2010.

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate and whenever i put the dvd in the dvd drive the autorun wont work and when i go into the folder and click on the setup.exe it loads the install launcher and gets to 100% and then does nothing.........im a bit stumped to be honest.

I have never had this problem and its quite annoying.

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me with this.

Many thanks

Jamie

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with my new copy of fm2010.

i recently installed windows 7 ultimate and whenever i put the dvd in the dvd drive the autorun wont work and when i go into the folder and click on the setup.exe it loads the install launcher and gets to 100% and then does nothing.........im a bit stumped to be honest.

I have never had this problem and its quite annoying.

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me with this.

Many thanks

Jamie

Just do the following:

1. Click on the 'Start' button.

2. Click on 'Games.'

3. Double click on the Football Manager 2010 icon/name and the game will start.

I don't know if this is how it works for everyone, but I've been the starting the game up like this since I got it.

Btw, I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

I wish i could do that but i cant even get it to install, as i mentioned it gets to the prepare installation and that gets upto 100% and then it dissapears. I expected it to go into the fm2010 installation screen but it does nothing.

Its so frustrating!

Any help?

• 5 weeks later...

I have absolutely the same problem as Jamie5jw... I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, and when I mount the dvd the autorun doesn't work, I managed to install the game , but when I try to start it it says "The program can't start because d3dx9_41.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have directx 11, can this be the problem ? the game was working perfectly fine on windows xp, but since I installed windows 7 half of my programs and games don't work...crap.

• 4 months later...

i have windows7 ultimate and i've intalled fm10 on it and it's fine... but when i go save my game it says: the game could not be saved. and i've just one option: ok,

can please someone help me i'm desesperated and i'll going on vacation next thursday and i will not have internet so please help is urgent!!

Archived