Media Questions

Is there ever any point in saying something can could be controversial? In particular I mean when you've had a goal disallowed or something and you say you thought the ref got it wrong... I've never had anything but a warning or a touchline ban for saying something like that.. I know it's quite true to real-life, as managers do get in trouble for it, but it just means, is there any point of the feature?

Is there ever any point in saying something can could be controversial? In particular I mean when you've had a goal disallowed or something and you say you thought the ref got it wrong... I've never had anything but a warning or a touchline ban for saying something like that.. I know it's quite true to real-life, as managers do get in trouble for it, but it just means, is there any point of the feature?

If you're sure the call was wrong (you can watch for offsides but you can't tell what's going on with fouls) you can call out the ref. "Silence" is as positive as it gets but i do seem to remember a player appreciating my sticking up for him. Sometimes when, during the event, the commentary says "that was dubious, wasn't it?" i speak up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is there ever any point in saying something can could be controversial? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not worth the grief of getting a ban imo. I just pretend that I have that disease - wengeritis and just say that I never saw anything!

Archived