Will the Normal Version of FM 2010 be sold in the USA?

William, there are files named differently that make it difficult, and in some cases impossible, to use 3rd party software without a lot of extra work by modders. Its all unnecessary IMO. Change the name on the box and on the disc? Fine. But to change game files is pretty unnecessary.

William, there are files named differently that make it difficult, and in some cases impossible, to use 3rd party software without a lot of extra work by modders. Its all unnecessary IMO. Change the name on the box and on the disc? Fine. But to change game files is pretty unnecessary.

Yeah I hate this with a passion.

I was living in Germany when I first got into FM so it wasnt a big deal then. But once I got the states it became a huge ordeal in trying to get FM, so I'm stuck with WWSM.

You think finding a real time editor is hard for WWSM? Try finding a real time editor for WWSM on a MAC! :eek:

If you live in the US and buy a UK copy of Football Manager (the normal version of FM), is it possible for it to work here? Because that's what I'm considering.

Yes it works fine this is what I've done every year. The only problems are the exchange rate and the shipping; I ended up spending almost $70 for FM09 last year.

I won't be going through that this time around though because I'm going to buy it on Steam. It looks like they are selling the FM version rather than the WWSM version this year.

Yes it works fine this is what I've done every year. The only problems are the exchange rate and the shipping; I ended up spending almost $70 for FM09 last year.

I won't be going through that this time around though because I'm going to buy it on Steam. It looks like they are selling the FM version rather than the WWSM version this year.

Thats good news!! Looks like Ill do that too unless there are concerns about Steam I am unaware of.

Doesn't really make much sense to just arbitrarily change some files along with the name change, surely it's just extra work?

Must be some kind of reason why it's necessary though, all companies are driven by the bottom line and SI are no different, they wouldn't arse around with the game for no good reason.

• 3 weeks later...
I used Steam last year and was able to use third party editors like Genie Scout and FMRTE.

Same here, I had WWSM 09 on Steam and use FMRTE with no major problems.

The original question was never answered though as far as I could tell. Are they coming out with WWSM 2010 or can we finally buy FM in the US?

Why not just strike up a friendship with someone in England who will buy the game for you for £17 or whatever i saw Zavvi sell it for, then ship it to you for £4? I've posted dozens of CD's to the US via Ebay and the postage has never been as ridiculous as some people might believe.

Just checked and i reckon someone can buy and ship for £25, that's $40.

You can always buy the UK version of the game from several retailers. There is even one in the U.S. that I've used before that imports FM.

Or you could use Steam, because it looks like FM 2010 will be sold to North American customers through Steam. I pre-ordered, and it says that's what I'm getting.

Archived