+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ledley King - FM10

Amateur

Question Ledley King - FM10

So anyone know how King will be managed in FM10 injury-wise? Think we all know he's a special case as he can't train with the first team, has his own specific routine and cannot play 2 games a week (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this).

Will SI just make him extremely injury-prone? Perhaps there will be rare occasions where regens suffer the safe problems.

Amateur

Default Re: Ledley King - FM10

Quote Originally Posted by -Shakes- View Post
    So anyone know how King will be managed in FM10 injury-wise? Think we all know he's a special case as he can't train with the first team, has his own specific routine and cannot play 2 games a week (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this).

Will SI just make him extremely injury-prone? Perhaps there will be rare occasions where regens suffer the safe problems.
    Your right ... he can only do one specific training and that is swimming ... thats all he does. I would have thought S.I would just lower his stanima and natural fitness so you are basically forced to rest him because he is not match fit.

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

Ledley isn't alone in this I don't think.

I have a feeling that Chris Kirlkand doesn't do much training with the rest of the squad either.

[Edit]

Source info.
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 01-09-2009 at 19:03.

Stoke City Researcher

Kirkland has a back problem which limits his training if I remember rightly, it has affected his England prospects enormously from what I heard a few months back. There's numerous players around with problems, I know Ricardo Fuller at Stoke can't pass a normal medical that any club would give him (knee problems), we were told that when he signed but he still did fairly well in the premiership for us last year and the championship before that.

Amateur

Lower down the leagues at my team (Gillingham) we have Simon Royce. He is basically on a Part Time contract. He only trains 2/3 times a week and then never before a match (at 37 I doubt we can teach the old dog new tricks anyway) and if we have two games in a week, he basically does very light training that week.

Reserves

I'm not sure SI would code individuals specifically in cases like this. My guess would be very low natural fitness and very high injury proneness. It would be up to the manager to put them on very light training programmes.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    I'm not sure SI would code individuals specifically in cases like this. My guess would be very low natural fitness and very high injury proneness. It would be up to the manager to put them on very light training programmes.
    I agree with this, its the best way for it to be in the game.

Amateur

It would be good if it was possible to set in the editor that certain players can only train to a certain intensity.

Amateur

In the editor I think you can choose a prolonged injury option for a players injury past, atleast when you create a player.

Amateur

I think cycling plays a major part in his training as well, I read that somewhere recently but cannot remember where, sorry.

I agree that he will have very low natural fitness and be injury prone. He could even have low ish stamina but he surely must have high determination.

I worry that he will be a cripple by the time he is 32!

Amateur

In the editor there is an attribute for how 'injury prone' a player is but it doesn't appear on the players profile directly as this.

Having tinkered in the past with the 'injury prone' attribute I can say if someone is set very high (as King probably would be) and you train them as you would normally with anyone else, they are constantly out injured. I found that I had to put the said player on a very light regime and although not fine all the time, it did help.

Amateur

I guess low natural fitness plus low stamina and injury prone stats will keep him on the sides quite often.

Amateur

although I don't disagree with the option of putting the natural fitness low to try and get a bit of realim in the game, it reality it is quite something that Ledley can do so little training and more often than not complete the full 90 mins (except last weekend of course) even if it is only once a week.

Part-Timer
    Michigan/New York (depends on time of year)

His natural fitness should be low, but not his Stamina, when he plays, he plays hard for 90 minutes and its his knee that acts up and not so much him getting tired.

+ Reply to Thread