FM2010 demo - how bad?

Okay, I'm putting in my entry for most pointless speculative thread of the day. Flame, shoot me, or just have a little fun.

How bad would the FM2010 demo have to be to stop you buying the full game?

Banned answers include:

If it's as bad as FM2009 - vast majority of people enjoyed it - admit it; you're wrong!;-)

If they haven't fixed the corner bug - show some willpower, man!

If they won't let me be unsackable.

If I can't spend my money on cars, drugs and hookers.

And the obvious one - if it's as bad as the CM2010 demo (no discussion here, please).

Right, go... or ignore me. It's up to you.

I'll buy the game this year just as I have done every year. I don't think FM10 will be in any way 'bad'.. yeah there'll be bugs and annoyances here and there, but nothing that would make the game 'a disaster' imo.

The only demo I didn't enjoy was FM 08, and that was a great game after patching. No matter how disasterous the demo is, a lot will be fixed by the first patch, and even more by the last. I'll get it no matter what :D

As long as it's not as bad as CM2010 demo :p

It is very naive to not try the demo, and I think you'd be silly to buy a game if you didn't like it...

I'm not sure a vast majority of users who had played 09 enjoyed it as much as past versions. Going on the FMS community thread and just the reactions of the users in here who've been around for a bit (and have therefore played old versions), I'd say a majority haven't. Obviously if it's your first game then you have no benchmark.

If the ME isn't in the same ball park in terms of realism as 7.0.2's, I won't buy it.

As I did last year, I'll preorder the game and get it two days past the releasedate.

With FM09, I based most of my hopes on the press conference, which pretty much sucked - in spite of this, the game continues to rock my socks almost a year after the release.

I usually download and play the demo for a few games.

As for the actual game, pre-ordered and looking forward to it. I've learnt recently that life is too short to wait about for bugs to be solved and leagues to be created so i'll buy it and play it and enjoy it from day 1. :)

FM Forever!!!

It would have to be really bad which i doubt its going to happen. Its still going to be the same game with a few changes here and there and a new skin. It will simply boil down to DRM. If the game has DRM then its a no buy if it doesnt then im going to buy it. Simple as that.

If Windows 7, for example, turned out to be bug ridden and full of crashes, would you still buy it? If a new phone was released by your favourite company, would you buy it even if you knew it was bad (and you didn't get a free upgrade)?

backpackant is a CM fanboy

Do you mean an FM fanboy?

For the record I haven't bought a CM since the split - if you are referring to comments I've made on the other site about the FM09 demo being worse than the CM2010 demo, I do believe that to be the case. FM09 demo was dreadful but the release-day patch made it playable. By 9.3 it was the best of the series, despite some lingering issues (press conferences, etc). However, I have also stated on the site that in its current form CM2010 is laughably bad and needs a lot of work. Won't be spending £2.51 on it but will monitor the forums to see if it improves.

As for myself, I will be buying FM2010, unless there are so many bugs it's unplayable - the odd one I can definitely live with - and when I say "unplayable" I really mean it (it's way overused on these forums), so constant random crashes would have me waiting for patch-day.

SI started beta testing very early this year with tons of people engaged in it, so as long as the bugs they catch and fix don't have a knock-on to other areas of the game, we should be in for quite a treat.

Okay, I'm putting in my entry for most pointless speculative thread of the day. Flame, shoot me, or just have a little fun.

How bad would the FM2010 demo have to be to stop you buying the full game?

Banned answers include:

If it's as bad as FM2009 - vast majority of people enjoyed it - admit it; you're wrong!;-)

If they haven't fixed the corner bug - show some willpower, man!

If they won't let me be unsackable.

If I can't spend my money on cars, drugs and hookers.

And the obvious one - if it's as bad as the CM2010 demo (no discussion here, please).

Right, go... or ignore me. It's up to you.

it would have to be 5% bad. anything more and it would be difficult to fix the majority in the first patch.

Do you mean an FM fanboy?

For the record I haven't bought a CM since the split - if you are referring to comments I've made on the other site about the FM09 demo being worse than the CM2010 demo, I do believe that to be the case.

That is what i'm referring to. In no way was the FM09 demo worse then the CM10 demo. I'm not going to insult you by posting links to videos you'll have already seen. But the injuries in the FM09 demo were nowhere near as much of an issue as the horrid errors in the CM demo. And if you take into consideration that the CM team has had 2 years to make this and get it right then you'll be able to see what a monstrosity the demo actually is.

Banned answers include:

I'm going to buy it but hopefully it wont be as bad as FM09.:D

what I didnt like about FM09 was how clumsy the tactics felt when compared to FML- hopefully the new tactical wizard will negate that:)

Archived