The Team-Talk Options You Would Like To See Available:

In my opinion, the team talks are one of the areas that need a major overhaul for FMO9.

Based on this I wondered what options people would like to see become available; whether it be for individual players, or for the team as a whole.

I will start:

Just keep playing as you are. - Kind of like the current 'Don't let your performance drop', but more clearly defined.

Try to hang on to the lead. - If you are a smaller club winning in a gme you are not expected to.

If we win this we'll get out of the relegation zone/ into the playoffs/ go top... - For if any of the scenarios apply.

I know you made a mistake, but focus on the rest of the game. - For if an individual makes a mistake in game. (half time)

Keep your head up after today. - If an individual makes a mistake in game. (full time)

I need a goal from you. - To a striker.

An expansion on this idea is the introduction of team talks for substitutes - like when a player is brought on, something could be said.

A few examples include:

Help protect the lead. - If you are in front in a game; more likely for defence or midfield.

I need a goal from you. - If you're behind and you bring on a striker, or perhaps a midfielder.

For the substitute teams talks of course some of the current options would be available, such as 'You have faith', or 'Expect a performance'.

The idea of this thread is just a collection of what fellow forumers would like to see available as options as I know the majority are discontent with the team-talk options available.

In my opinion, the team talks are one of the areas that need a major overhaul for FMO9.

Based on this I wondered what options people would like to see become available; whether it be for individual players, or for the team as a whole.

I will start:

Just keep playing as you are. - Kind of like the current 'Don't let your performance drop', but more clearly defined.

Try to hang on to the lead. - If you are a smaller club winning in a gme you are not expected to.

If we win this we'll get out of the relegation zone/ into the playoffs/ go top... - For if any of the scenarios apply.

I know you made a mistake, but focus on the rest of the game. - For if an individual makes a mistake in game. (half time)

Keep your head up after today. - If an individual makes a mistake in game. (full time)

I need a goal from you. - To a striker.

An expansion on this idea is the introduction of team talks for substitutes - like when a player is brought on, something could be said.

A few examples include:

Help protect the lead. - If you are in front in a game; more likely for defence or midfield.

I need a goal from you. - If you're behind and you bring on a striker, or perhaps a midfielder.

For the substitute teams talks of course some of the current options would be available, such as 'You have faith', or 'Expect a performance'.

The idea of this thread is just a collection of what fellow forumers would like to see available as options as I know the majority are discontent with the team-talk options available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Defend your place in the first team this to a player before the game who has had bad recent performances </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like it. Unfortunately this would apply to the majority of my tottenhma team... icon_frown.gif

Good idea though. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Your getting put on the transfer list if you get another yellow card or red </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slightly extreme, but a disciplinary one may be okay...

Such as: Watch your tackling today, this ref is strict.

Although for the time being, disciplinary related ones may be a step too far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch your tackling today, this ref is strict. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This is upto you as a manager to check out the ref before the game and set your players tackling to whatever deems necessary. Afew of the suggestions are good, but you can kind of do now using your tactics. I can't explain myself properly, i'm still hot under the collar at the thought of Stevie G getting bummed by AI!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shefki2008:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Watch your tackling today, this ref is strict. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> This is upto you as a manager to check out the ref before the game and set your players tackling to whatever deems necessary. Afew of the suggestions are good, but you can kind of do now using your tactics. I can't explain myself properly, i'm still hot under the collar at the thought of Stevie G getting bummed by AI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andre marriner red carded 2 of my players in the 2nd leg of the Championship Play Off Semis, lets just say 45 + 15 + 15 minutes of football 2 man down isn't really doable, and i got 4 red cards all season. So I'd love that option.

I don't mind the options that are available over all, but sometimes what I want to say isn't available to me icon_mad.gif

Wouldn't mind something like, "they are going to really have to come at us in the 2nd half,so stay focused"

the "don't get complacent" option is too general for my liking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Watch your tackling today, this ref is strict.

This is upto you as a manager to check out the ref before the game and set your players tackling to whatever deems necessary. Afew of the suggestions are good, but you can kind of do now using your tactics. I can't explain myself properly, i'm still hot under the collar at the thought of Stevie G getting bummed by AI! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, apart from the hot under the collar part over Stevie G, i'd much prefer someone of Carlos Tevez's attractiveness. icon_wink.gif

I want to be able to comment on my players getting yellow cards. You can't really fine them for yellows as they and probably rest of the team will go balistic if you do. Therefor it would be nice if something about dicipline could be in the individual teamtalk. Especially when a player do something really stupid like picking a fight after the whistle has gone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if the captain is injured for a long time then you could say Do it for XXX

AND if at half time agaisnt better opposition, and it is a draw a draw wouldnt be too bad but try and nick it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good ideas icon14.gif

I like them both... the captain one as like inpsirational moral boost.

I want it more tactically based- teamtalks are not jsut about motivation.

For example if my MC is set to tight marking but hasnt done this well- then I want to tell him to improve in this area, or for example if he is not tracking runs.

Same goes for any area- maybe my wingers crossing is poor or a striker isnt busting a gut to get on the end of chances.

Maybe if a player is on a yellow- Id like to tell him not to get a second, as even on the lowest tackling mentality players will tug shirts etc.

Most of all I want to be able to tell players they have X minutes to impress or theyre coming off.

Oh and talks for subs too- when they come on I want to give them a pep talk too.

YOU ****** *****!!! THEY'RE COMING 20TH AND THEY ****** BEAT YOU! FOR ***** SAKE! I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL TRY GOLF!!

but seriously. I'd like to be able to tell a player he'll only be playing the first half or the last 20 minutes which will make him put everything into that period. Also more options on what to tell the captain, so he can have more effect on the team during play.

here's one to make to a sub when things aren't going as well a they should:

"Show those bunch of (Insert suitable insult here) how its done"

or generally when things aren't going too well:

"In my day, you'd get shot for playing like that, not a bad idea now"

or even in a deadlock:

"I'll buy a pint for whoever scores the winner"

and to the goalie

"concede again and you'll be sent on loan to Baghdad"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

I want it more tactically based- teamtalks are not jsut about motivation.

For example if my MC is set to tight marking but hasnt done this well- then I want to tell him to improve in this area, or for example if he is not tracking runs.

Same goes for any area- maybe my wingers crossing is poor or a striker isnt busting a gut to get on the end of chances.

Maybe if a player is on a yellow- Id like to tell him not to get a second, as even on the lowest tackling mentality players will tug shirts etc.

Most of all I want to be able to tell players they have X minutes to impress or theyre coming off.

Oh and talks for subs too- when they come on I want to give them a pep talk too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on here, a combination of motivational and tactical would be superb. Definitely agree that an overhaul is needed, we need more options for team talks and I think it needs to be less defined what effects occur from each option. ie. say if I'm winning away and say I'm pleased, I fully expect to concede within the next 5 minutes. This seems to relax players too much. Just my thoughts.

For ****s sake! How did you miss that! My gran could've scored that! - To your striker after he's missed from 3 yards earlier on in the half.

It's alright lads, I've nipped into the referee's changing room and I've given him a few quid to give every decision our way - If you decide to manage an Italian team, this should definitely be an option.

Great finish xxxxx, now I want you to do that in the right end in the second half - To a player who has scored a peach of an own goal.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morag:

Throw Cup Of Tea at useless striker.... Kick shoe at star player....'pet' defender......erm.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you guys talking about? who would do this to their own players?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fonchocp:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morag:

Throw Cup Of Tea at useless striker.... Kick shoe at star player....'pet' defender......erm.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you guys talking about? who would do this to their own players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a joke- do people always have to use emoticons to signal obvious jokes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breaker:

YOU ****** *****!!! THEY'RE COMING 20TH AND THEY ****** BEAT YOU! FOR ***** SAKE! I THINK YOU SHOULD ALL TRY GOLF!!

but seriously. I'd like to be able to tell a player he'll only be playing the first half or the last 20 minutes which will make him put everything into that period. Also more options on what to tell the captain, so he can have more effect on the team during play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Id like an option to do nothing but that quite obviously is ****ed off- eg "Glare at players in silence, then leave players in dressing room".

I know we can say "nothing" but I want to know its received in that way.

Maybe even in the future we could see players saying things back like:

"Boss, Im trying to stay tight but he's too quick/strong for me".

"I am marking, it x who isnt helping"

etc.

Would be a very transparent way of giving tactical feedback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ferthepoet:

This is your chance, prove your point..... for those guys that are demanding first team football </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny thing is - this is in there, but it never shows up when you want it too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

"Boss, Im trying to stay tight but he's too quick/strong for me". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a football team talk right icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ferthepoet:

This is your chance, prove your point..... for those guys that are demanding first team football </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want that one.

Always annoys me when a player demands first team football then has a terrible game. Be good to be able to say 'come on then, show me what you can do' and 'you need to do a lot better than that to stay in the first XI.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

"Boss, Im trying to stay tight but he's too quick/strong for me". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a football team talk right icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope your joking. icon_eek.gif

YOU COULDNT FINISH YOUR DINNER YOU USELESS BAG OF S~#T to Huntelaar after missing a sitter again just before he's injured again

or

YOU'D HAVE HIT YOUR DOG HARDER YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF S#@T to Huntelaar after missing a sitter again just before he's injured again

A pep-talk to the subs would be great and especially if its contextual.

You can change this game. Go get them.

This is your chance, go out there and show me what you can do.

Go in there and run at the opponents, they are drained.

We want this game. Get yourself behind the ball and defend with your life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A pep-talk to the subs would be great and especially if its contextual.

You can change this game. Go get them.

This is your chance, go out there and show me what you can do.

Go in there and run at the opponents, they are drained.

We want this game. Get yourself behind the ball and defend with your life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the whole contextual idea, and the options you've given sound good.

Substitute team talks would be awesome if they were implemented right.

When 1-0 up:

Try to get another goal, but watch it at the back.

or

We have the lead now, so we must hang on to it. (if you're the Mourinho-type)

When 2-0 up:

We have a good lead. Just don't concede and we're home and dry.

When many goals up and at home:

Okay, that was fantastic. Let's keep going and give the fans a great show. (if you want to aim for double figures)

or

That was great. Now just relax and see the game out. (if you're the forgiving type)

I seriously have no idea what to say when I go a goal up at half time. So many times I've said I was 'Pleased' and they go all complacent and concede goals.

I believe a good change would be to mould it around the Manager Interaction feature, where the options are categorised. This way you could have "Angry", and then a few varying options. "Disappointed" and, again, a few different choice, and so forth.

Should make it that little more entertaining, and provide extra choices so it's not the same thing over and over

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenArsenal:

Okay, that was fantastic. Let's keep going and give the fans a great show. (if you want to aim for double figures)

Yes, I'd love to be able to say something like this: "Great first half. Now, crush them in the second". Right now, there's really not a good option when you're up two at halftime. You either say you're happy, which makes some players go soft, or you're not, which angers some players.

I seriously have no idea what to say when I go a goal up at half time. So many times I've said I was 'Pleased' and they go all complacent and concede goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I almost always go with "encourage". It seems to work pretty well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I believe a good change would be to mould it around the Manager Interaction feature, where the options are categorised. This way you could have "Angry", and then a few varying options. "Disappointed" and, again, a few different choice, and so forth.

Should make it that little more entertaining, and provide extra choices so it's not the same thing over and over </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So long as there would be enough variance in this idea, it sounds like something that would not be too difficult to implement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenArsenal:

Yes, I'd love to be able to say something like this: "Great first half. Now, crush them in the second". Right now, there's really not a good option when you're up two at halftime. You either say you're happy, which makes some players go soft, or you're not, which angers some players.

I seriously have no idea what to say when I go a goal up at half time. So many times I've said I was 'Pleased' and they go all complacent and concede goals.

I almost always go with "encourage". It seems to work pretty well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always go with encourage too, but more options would be better.

Like: Hold onto the lead.

You can grab another goal.

Another goal will make certain of the win.

Just keep playing as you are and we should have it.

Etc...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Show them how to play football!

Just as the Chasetown team talk was against Port Vale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This could be used either in no pressure, huge underdog situations, or in clear favourite situations.

Archived