The FM10 Pre-Order Thread

Thought it might be a good idea to try and find the cheapest place possible to pre-order FM10.

So far, the best one i've come up with is shopto.net at £27.85

http://www.shopto.net/PC/GAMES/PCFO12-Football%20Manager%202010.html

Blahdvd.com are selling it for £28.99, but all the rest seem to be £29.99. Please post here if you find it cheaper anywhere else.

In my experience ShopTo are the best by far in terms of price and service. They send the game out by first class post and allow missing parcel claims to be reported after about 3 days. Compare this to play.com who won't even allow you to report a missing parcel for 3 weeks!

• 3 weeks later...

Zavvi (often typeset as zavvi, and also known as zavvi.co.uk/zavvi.ie) was an entertainment retail chain in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, originally Virgin Megastores. Zavvi was formed in September 2007 when a management buy-out team purchased the company from Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group. It was the UK's largest independent entertainment retailer before being placed in administration on 24 December 2008.[4] Store closures took place from January 2009, with the last to cease trading on 20 February. HMV purchased 19 Zavvi stores to be merged into the HMV chain. Former managing director Simon Douglas and business partner Les Whitfield purchased five of the stores to form Head Entertainment.[5] On 2 March 2009, The Hut Group relaunched the Zavvi website.[6]

Just stole that from wiki so it seems Zavvi is defo back in business so i think i'll get it there seen as it is the cheapest.

Last year the hut was selling it for £17.93, but this year no ones doing it anywhere near that low, so as the price isn't a factor I'll be ordering from the site which gives the best service: Play.com

It'll all go to pot if the planned royal mail nationwide strikes hit around release date

when I say planned I mean they're thinking about balloting

It'll all go to pot if the planned royal mail nationwide strikes hit around release date

when I say planned I mean they're thinking about balloting

Ballotting this week, I believe.

I'm planning on a midnight Tesco/Asda run, but that mug at HMV is very tempting...

If I buy in my place local shop it only cost Rm 15 which is USD 5 dollar

Pirate copy - DON'T go there :mad:

The only copy I can get here in Cambodia is a pirate version; I'm ordering from England and having it sent on. Either that or via Steam.

Can anyone remind me, since I avoided the Steam fiasco last time; if I download FM10 via Steam (and it better bloody have the editors in a place easily accessed), what happens if my laptop is nicked or conks out? Can I get it put on another machine? Or can I fully copy the game onto my backup external hard drive to be reinstalled in case of disaster?

Pirate copy - DON'T go there :mad:

The only copy I can get here in Cambodia is a pirate version; I'm ordering from England and having it sent on. Either that or via Steam.

Can anyone remind me, since I avoided the Steam fiasco last time; if I download FM10 via Steam (and it better bloody have the editors in a place easily accessed), what happens if my laptop is nicked or conks out? Can I get it put on another machine? Or can I fully copy the game onto my backup external hard drive to be reinstalled in case of disaster?

If you purchase or activate through steam then you can download the game again on any pc on your steam account. This will of course depend on how many seats we get and/or there being a deactivation URL again. Wont know this until sega make the DRM announcment.

As for postal strikes: Ordering through steam avoids this problem :cool:

Archived