Just had my keeper booked for handling outside the box!

happen to me but it wasn't to my keeper it was there's. its in real life in the rules your not aloud to hold the ball outside the box and surprisingly they have it in FM 09 which yet it proves that FM09 takes realism important i was surpised when it happen dont know why a A.I will make a mistake ?

You're lucky - My keeper got sent off for that. Trouble was, there wasn't another player within 20 yds of him when he did it.

I'm not sure if that's a reflection on the decision making of Montrose goalkeepers, or the standard of refereeing in the lower leagues. :rolleyes:

happen to me but it wasn't to my keeper it was there's. its in real life in the rules your not aloud to hold the ball outside the box and surprisingly they have it in FM 09 which yet it proves that FM09 takes realism important i was surpised when it happen dont know why a A.I will make a mistake ?

Of course the AI players can make mistakes, they're exactly like human controlled players!

And why is it surprising? SI implement one of the most basic rules of football, which shows they take realism seriously? :confused: Sorry, but that's like saying "I had a player offside- how realistic!"

I played many seasons without ever witnessing such a thing. Then 1 match my keeper catches the ball, seemingly within the area, suddenly shifts about a meter away to outside the area without walking and gets sent off. Then the very next match, the exact same thing happens to my opponent's keeper.

After that I never saw it happen anymore.

• 1 month later...
Booked for deliberate handball...

Straight red if he'd Denied an Obvious Goalscoring Oppourtunity.

Thanks... I've had this happen a couple times in my games and was wondering why the keepers only got yellow. I had thought it was an automatic red, but your explanation makes sense. Cheers.

Van der Saar for me went to collect a unpressured loose ball outside the area and handled it in the dying minutes 1-0 up. He got sent off and the opposition scored from the resulting freekick.

I was confused of how a goalkeeper can handle it when every other player is in the other half of the pitch.

Thanks... I've had this happen a couple times in my games and was wondering why the keepers only got yellow. I had thought it was an automatic red, but your explanation makes sense. Cheers.

Depends on whether it denied a goal-scoring opportunity. "Deliberate handball" is only a yellow card offence by itself and the rulebook definition is not specific to player position.

Archived