is it possible to get new rivals?

as the title suggests i'm just wondering if its possilbe to get new clubs as rivals as im currently in a game with southport and im in 2014/15 and in the championship with my rival clubs still in the lower divisons. basically im wondering if after a certain amount of playing the same teams every year would they be considered rivals on team information screen,any one know?

I haven't seen it happen, so I'm assuming it doesn't.

I'm my game in 2031, my team and Man City have contested a number of league titles, cup finals and other competitions. It would be quite nice to have an official competitive rivalry with them.

yeah, haven't seen it happen ,but would love it to happen maybe in fm10. just think it would be more realistic, example 10 years ago chelsea never had a rivalry with liverpool or barca but these days they are. not sure how they could make it work though

Or even maybe if you just play that team alot in EUROPE or leage cup? Like Chelsea and Barcelona.

That could be a possibility.

Anyway, doesn't really need to be implimented into FM10, but it would be another feature to add to the list!

I have never seen it, but i would like to, everyone has one seen that they are drawing the same team year after year in the cup or being close to them in the league, would be nice to see the game recognise that in rivalry and in press confrences (not that i usually attend)

I have never seen it. In my Gateshead save, when i got to the premiership, i would have expected to become rivals with teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and maybe 'Boro. As it turned out, Blyth Spartans were my still my main rivals despite them being in the BSP.

I have never seen it. In my Gateshead save, when i got to the premiership, i would have expected to become rivals with teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and maybe 'Boro. As it turned out, Blyth Spartans were my still my main rivals despite them being in the BSP.

The thing is - it doesnt show on your team information page. But you'll get the information of rivalry when scouting one of their players. Thats how I found out the Citeh rivalry.

TBH, we're better off without some team being added to our rival list. Things should stay the same way they are. Eventually it'll become annoying, repetitive to the point of Birmingham City being added to Chelsea's rival list just because Birminghams manager doesnt like me and says bad things about me before every match between us. That feature will just enable thousands of not-even-remotely-dangerous-to-us teams to be added to rival list.

Archived