+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is it possible to get new rivals?

Amateur

Default is it possible to get new rivals?

as the title suggests i'm just wondering if its possilbe to get new clubs as rivals as im currently in a game with southport and im in 2014/15 and in the championship with my rival clubs still in the lower divisons. basically im wondering if after a certain amount of playing the same teams every year would they be considered rivals on team information screen,any one know?

Amateur
    Tips on becoming a top manager: You either have it, or you dont!

Default Re: is it possible to get new rivals?

Yh, i would like to know this aswell.

World Cup Winner

I haven't seen it happen, so I'm assuming it doesn't.

I'm my game in 2031, my team and Man City have contested a number of league titles, cup finals and other competitions. It would be quite nice to have an official competitive rivalry with them.

Amateur

How would it come around though?

Maybe if you give a teams manager lots of bad media, the fans might get behind you and it all could kick off.

But I can't really see it being honest.
    Last edited by MikeyGrea; 21-08-2009 at 15:44.

Amateur

yeah, haven't seen it happen ,but would love it to happen maybe in fm10. just think it would be more realistic, example 10 years ago chelsea never had a rivalry with liverpool or barca but these days they are. not sure how they could make it work though

Amateur
    Tips on becoming a top manager: You either have it, or you dont!

It could be like this- Any AI team who has the same objective as you for X amount of seasons will become your rival at some point because you're both battling for the same objective.

Amateur

Or even maybe if you just play that team alot in EUROPE or leage cup? Like Chelsea and Barcelona.

That could be a possibility.

Anyway, doesn't really need to be implimented into FM10, but it would be another feature to add to the list!

Amateur

Talking Re: is it possible to get new rivals?

I have never seen it, but i would like to, everyone has one seen that they are drawing the same team year after year in the cup or being close to them in the league, would be nice to see the game recognise that in rivalry and in press confrences (not that i usually attend)

Amateur

It is. After 4 season as Liverpool I have Man City as our main rival. Can't get any of their players cos of the rivalry.
    Last edited by Michael Osmann; 21-08-2009 at 17:54.

Youth Team

I have never seen it. In my Gateshead save, when i got to the premiership, i would have expected to become rivals with teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and maybe 'Boro. As it turned out, Blyth Spartans were my still my main rivals despite them being in the BSP.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    I have never seen it. In my Gateshead save, when i got to the premiership, i would have expected to become rivals with teams like Newcastle, Sunderland and maybe 'Boro. As it turned out, Blyth Spartans were my still my main rivals despite them being in the BSP.

The thing is - it doesnt show on your team information page. But you'll get the information of rivalry when scouting one of their players. Thats how I found out the Citeh rivalry.

Third Team
    Pro-consumer, anti-DRM. Never be satisfied with any answer. Dig until you drop.

No, but I manually add them every once in a while.

The Palermo manager was being annoying like Rafa to me, so I decided to up the angst a bit, for example.

Amateur

I'd like to see it. closest i've ever got is personal managerial rivalries, or at least it seems that way

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Osmann View Post
    It is. After 4 season as Liverpool I have Man City as our main rival. Can't get any of their players cos of the rivalry.
    Do they appear on you information page or is it just a rivalry between the managers?

Amateur

Not on the info page but on the scout report. You know "...won't accept because the rivalry between the clubs". Hughes has never said anything about me and ditto. So it isnt manager rivalry.

Amateur

TBH, we're better off without some team being added to our rival list. Things should stay the same way they are. Eventually it'll become annoying, repetitive to the point of Birmingham City being added to Chelsea's rival list just because Birminghams manager doesnt like me and says bad things about me before every match between us. That feature will just enable thousands of not-even-remotely-dangerous-to-us teams to be added to rival list.

+ Reply to Thread