Euro qualifiers - league sorting rules

no Norway are top because they look at the results first and obviously u both won one game so then it goes onto goal difference and Norway's is better by two so they go top

I know that, I'm just wondering whether away goals should be considered here and it isn't.

This is from wikipedia:

The qualifying phase is done in groups, each effectively a mini league, where the highest ranked team and the runner up, after all the teams have played each other home and away, progresses to the finals tournament. As with most leagues, the points are awarded as three for a win, one for a draw, and none for a loss. In the eventuality of one or more teams having equal points after all matches have been played, the following criteria are used to distinguish the sides:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question.
  2. Superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question.
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question.
  4. Higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question.
  5. Results of all group matches:

1. Superior goal difference
    2. Higher number of goals scored
    3. Higher number of goals scored away from home
    4. Fair play conduct.

[*]Drawing of lots.

The first three are equal between Spain and Norway but Spain are better at number 4 by 2-1. Have I misread this?

That's what I'm getting at, are the rules in FM wrong?

I would probably want to see it happening in a final table before I said that as it may just be with it being part way through the campaign.

If thats the case though and the Wiki rules are 100% then I would imagine its an oversight on SI's part and the rules just need to be expanded to include away goals.

Archived