CM10 for a 1p

Just wondered what everyone made of the announcement that Champ Man 10 can be pre-ordered for "whatever you want to pay for it" - plus an admin fee of £2.50. It;s possible to get the game for £2.51.

Might tempt a few previous non-believers?? Will it dent FM's sales?

Personally I haven't bothered with any Champ Man's since FM but given the deal I might well give this a go.

How's everyone else feel?

I for one am very interested into SI response from this.

One quote for Roy Meredith was " We have decided to do this for all your support over the years and we would like to give something back".

I wonder if SI would like to give US something back?

Which the do in Spades

There is a thread in the off topic forum for this.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=141002

Did the BGS guy really just say...

"for 15 years you have been fans of us."

Or did I dream that

He also lied again about CM being the only football management game with a 3D match engine designed specifically for it. I think he forgets that FM's has been aswell and it is only some of the animations that game from elsewhere and not the match engine.

Surely SI's lawyers could have a field day with CM advertising falsely in both these ways.

I for one am very interested into SI response from this.

One quote for Roy Meredith was " We have decided to do this for all your support over the years and we would like to give something back".

I wonder if SI would like to give US something back?

They wouldn't need to resort to something like this, if you have played the CM10 demo you will see it is laughably bad.

And how about those free updates we get in January, and the 2 or 3 patches if there are any problems with the game. Some games don't even get patches unless there is a mojar flaw in the game.

I assume 2.50 covers the basic costs for the disc so in some ways I can see the logic behind it for CM guys. They know that they can not get back their fanbase just by trying hard on development but they need some sort of marketing trick. I can not see myself swithing to CM in any near future as I hardly find time to play FM properly, I can not play both. This being said; I would be be happt if CM catches up with FM, more competition will mean better products, better customer support and even better(lower) prices down to some extend.

Archived