[B]Awards, sour grapes on my part?[/B]

I bought this chappie and below was the result of his first season in English football:

84913739.pngw1088.png

He was top scorer in the Premiership and in the Champions League and won the golden boot as top striker in Europe. He won the quadruple with me and scored in the FA Cup final (twice) Carling Cup final (twice) and the Champions League final.

This is him up to Jan the following season:

51919757.pngw1174.png

Now i was expecting him to be named as World Footballer of the Year or World Player of the Year, or both, but he didn't even make the top three of either! The World Footballer of the Year went to an Arsenal player whose only acheivements were UEFA Cup winner and World Cup runner up. World Player of the Year went to a Milan player who to be fair had won the World Cup but nothing besides this.

Is it just sour grapes on my part? I feel my player should have at least got a look in here!

I think the awards are biased towards club and player reputation rather than how well they do. eg An AC Milan player can score 18 goals and get WPOTY and your Burnley player who got 35 goals in the prem wont even be nominated.

Well will be interesting to see as i've just taken over at AC Milan and taken him with me..

Happens all the time, I won the league 3 seasons on the trot and the champions league with Rushden and my regen players didn't once get a look in, awards always went to real players.

Might be due to the reputation thing mentioned above though...

Archived