When you are leading...

Only changes I make are more direct passing play, narrow width and change focus of passing from down both flanks to through the middle, if I don't go on to score a second goal I'll put time wasting to the first click of often at around 80-85 minutes and tick counter attack in the hopes of seeing out the game at 1-0 or snatching a late second goal on the counter.

if i'm winning 1-0 then my tactics working... why change it:P

I always make changes to my tactic when 1-0 up late in the game based on the logic that if I was 1-0 down I'd make changes to try and get the equaliser, so it's safe to assume the ai will make changes in an effort to snatch a late goal and the changes I mentioned in my previous post seem to work quite well for me in seeing out the game with a narrow win.

On FM 08 I was leading 2 - 0 against Bolton at half time on my Chelsea save. I dont remember what I did, but I screwed around just a little bit, and the match ended 2 - 2. They scored twice in the last 10 mins to deny me a win.

That taught me never to tinker around if you're winning.

I don't change a thing. I rarely lose anyway tbh

Strange... I'm the mirror opposite. I also can offer no advice here because I'm never leading so I wouldn't know what to do.

Only joking.. I don't normally do anything until the dying minutes and then I just go full defensive, narrow, slow, max time wasting etc..

Strange... I'm the mirror opposite. I also can offer no advice here because I'm never leading so I wouldn't know what to do.

Only joking.. I don't normally do anything until the dying minutes and then I just go full defensive, narrow, slow, max time wasting etc..

My team is so good that no-one beats me :thup:

i change nothing, mainly because my current team (solihull moors) cant defend, even if their life depends on it. we ship goals left right and centre! luckily, we score a shedload too, so we dont do too badly! i think we only managed 3 clean sheets last season, and at least one fo them was miraculous! as you can see!!

My team is so good that no-one beats me :thup:

My team is so bad that everyone beats me :(

OP: I find that whenever I switch to a defensive tactic, I get trounced. It's best to stick with what you have except maybe switch around the formation so you have more defensive players. Sometimes, the AI will score, but more often than not, I end up with an easy counter-attack goal because the AI commits so many players forward. I've never found the 424 AI formation a problem (knocks on wood) as they inevitably give up possession and I score.

It's the two goal leads which I can't hold >_<

Archived