Mourinho never gets hired?

It's a little bit weird; he doesn't even get mentioned on any manager shortlist. And I'm running the top 6 leagues in europe. It's 2011 and all the big clubs have changed their manager at least once. Mourinho was never approached...

It's a little bit weird; he doesn't even get mentioned on any manager shortlist. And I'm running the top 6 leagues in europe. It's 2011 and all the big clubs have changed their manager at least once. Mourinho was never approached...

Same thing in my game, except it's Sir Alex Ferguson. Ever since I started with Man Utd in the first season, he hasn't joined another team, and it's like 2014.

Ally Mcoist is the same and Roy Keane got sacked from Sunderland and hasn't found a job.

Quite odd. But I can understand about Ferguson.

I got SAF sacked by winning the EPL with Liverpool in 2008 and beating Man U 4-1 at OT icon_wink.gif

After that he didn't take another job. But I can understand that because he's retirement age.

McLaren is still England boss in 2010 in my game. Maybe Mourinho's waiting for that job. He'll be disappointed - they're obviously going to offer it to me instead icon_smile.gif

I have seen this alot too. I think with Ferguson its coded so he retires at the end of 2008/9 season, but Jose never gets hired from what I have seen. Its odd because Benitez, Rijkaard, Van Basten, Ancelotti and mancini all seem to move quite often and there reps / wages are on a par with the special one

looking in FMM to find out clues its funny to see his disliked person list icon_razz.gif

Roman Abramovich (100)

Arsene Wenger (100)

William Gallas (75)

Rafa Benitez (90)

Andriy Shevchenko (25)

Michael Ballack (40)

Disliked Clubs

Chelsea (140) <--- i didnt even know the stat went over 100!! haha icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by si23:

On my last 3 games he is always appointed England boss after a bad Euro 08 by McClaren. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same in mine. He won the world cup too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just tried to get him as my assistant manager but no dice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never ever had a sacked\available manager take up the post of assistant. I understand that certain people would like mourinho would probably think themselves too good to be an assistant but surely they would be a few that would be desperate to get back into the game that they would take a job as an assistant? It has always been like this in FM and I have been playing since cm01/02 and cant ever recall a manager taking the job of assistant. I think this is something that should definitely be modified in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanzzz:

looking in FMM to find out clues its funny to see his disliked person list icon_razz.gif

Roman Abramovich (100)

Arsene Wenger (100)

William Gallas (75)

Rafa Benitez (90)

Andriy Shevchenko (25)

Michael Ballack (40)

Disliked Clubs

Chelsea (140) <--- i didnt even know the stat went over 100!! haha icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's really got Shevchenko and Ballack on his dislike list!!?? WOW

A point about the dislike list?

Where does the info come from, the actual person?

If so, did Mourinho say he didnt like Shevchenko and Ballack?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think im in 2012 and mourinho is manager of portugal..Rudolph is still in the game but after getting sacked by united hasnt taken another job... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He took over Portugal in my game too, in 2008 (I took over Chelsea back in 2006

IRL he also talked a lot about how he wants to be Portugal's manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

I have never ever had a sacked\available manager take up the post of assistant. I understand that certain people would like mourinho would probably think themselves too good to be an assistant but surely they would be a few that would be desperate to get back into the game that they would take a job as an assistant? It has always been like this in FM and I have been playing since cm01/02 and cant ever recall a manager taking the job of assistant. I think this is something that should definitely be modified in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember on I think it was FM05 (although it may have been the last CM) that it was far too easy to get managers to become assistants. As soon as a good manager had been out of work for about a year or longer, they would jump at the opportunity to be an assistant. I had someone like Rafa Benitez as my assistant in one of those games!

Now though I do agree that it's gone a bit too far the other way; it's nigh on impossible to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived