Brilliant news

New Data Editor – As well as being able to update squads, with the brand new and very easy to use Competition Editor you can now add cups and extra divisions for leagues currently in the game plus completely new competitions.

This means we can turn relegation off for the English leagues? I want to add 2 more leagues that are the lowest you can go. Is this what it means?

I'd love to be able to stop relegation because I put San Marino and Dagenham in the Scottish 3rd Division and after 2 years they both competed for the league so I'd love to see teams like Rushden strengthen automatically.

I've always disliked the real-world Scottish setup, so I will hopefully be able to completely change it for my own purposes :D

Well done SI!

For the record, I hope to be able to try 16 or 18 team divisions, and to open up a north/south pyramid at the bottom - I can't wait!

Michael B has confirmed in the Announcement thread that the number of teams (I think) qualifying from each nation is pre-set this year for each nation.

To take my example from above, I imagine that if 2 teams qualify from Scotland for the Champions League, I can mess about all I like with editing the league structure in Scotland - but there will still be 2 teams qualify for the Champions League in the first season. I may be wrong though - time will tell! :D

will it be possible to create a celtic league, a la rugby union, with teams from scottish leagues, both irish leagues and the welsh leagues? been wanting to do that for ages. and as someone else said, if you create a brand new league, as opposed to editing and existing one, how will that effect continental competition?

will it be possible to create a celtic league, a la rugby union, with teams from scottish leagues, both irish leagues and the welsh leagues? been wanting to do that for ages. and as someone else said, if you create a brand new league, as opposed to editing and existing one, how will that effect continental competition?

Unfortunately this year we can only create competitions with teams of one nation only in it, and we can't create continental competitions this year.:(

Unfortunately this year we can only create competitions with teams of one nation only in it, and we can't create continental competitions this year.:(

I don't think that will necessarily be strictly true actually Dan - I imagine you could still move teams from one country to another manually in the editor, and then create your competition in that country.

i.e. move all the desired teams to e.g. Scotland and then create a new league setup in Scotland for the desired Celtic League.

So much as in previous editions of FM, but a bit better.

That is my understanding from comments in the Announcement thread, anyway - time will tell if I am right or not! :D

Certainly you're correct otherwise, from the looks of things - it has been stated that you couldn't make a competition that involves teams from different countries, e.g. Champions League etc.

I've always disliked the real-world Scottish setup, so I will hopefully be able to completely change it for my own purposes :D

Well done SI!

For the record, I hope to be able to try 16 or 18 team divisions, and to open up a north/south pyramid at the bottom - I can't wait!

Will be doing a similar thing.

My structure will be an 18 team top league.

3 foreigner rule, 7 subs, 3 under 18 players. If possible will have a squad number allocation system like the Spanish leagues.

Teams play each other twice. Three teams relegated.

Division 1 - 20 team league. Play each other twice. Same rules as before. Two teams automatically promoted. Playoffs between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.

4 teams relegated.

Below that - pyrimid structure where one team from each semi pro league is promoted.

Will probably change the structure of league cup to group and knockout tournament if its possible.

Will be doing a similar thing.

My structure will be an 18 team top league.

3 foreigner rule, 7 subs, 3 under 18 players. If possible will have a squad number allocation system like the Spanish leagues.

Teams play each other twice. Three teams relegated.

Division 1 - 20 team league. Play each other twice. Same rules as before. Two teams automatically promoted. Playoffs between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.

4 teams relegated.

Below that - pyrimid structure where one team from each semi pro league is promoted.

Will probably change the structure of league cup to group and knockout tournament if its possible.

Aye man, you know the score :D

I can't wait to try that sort of thing out - going to be great to get the Highland League etc. properly integrated, and to do it in the way I would want! Such a brilliant idea.

Great, that means that I can add upcoming changes to the Major League Soccer (USA) like expansion teams, new roster rules and other changes and add the USL leagues :).

I'll be adding the USL leagues as well as making a "new MLS", where the rules are like European rules, and we don't have to deal with designated players, the draft, and all that stuff, because I want to manage in the US, as I'm American, but I just can't figure out the deal with the contract spots and such. :D

Well done SI!

The first thing I plan to do is get rid of the under21 rule for spl teams and the stupid split. Then if possible I will look at the prize money and bring it more into line with other big european nations.

Does this mean you can also edit prize money for any leauge?

Can do, yes. Can change/scrap work permit regulations, can do loads of stuff. I''m going to add prom/releg from ScotDiv3 and Highland league. Especially since this season a team's entered the highland league that's even worse than my beloved Fort William (Strathspey). Lovin'it :D

I don't know if I'd use it to make new tournaments but certainly open up a few more leagues to go down to!

Hopefully it'll run smoother as well, always hated how the old one was soooooooo slow but the game ran perfectly and had little to no effect on the rest of the programs running even with a massive database.

I'd like to change the format of the current League cup in England, so that it includes Welsh, Scottish, N.Irish and Republic teams in it, making it a British Isles League cup. So I'm hoping that inter-nation cups are possible. If not I'll just do what I've done on FM09 and bung them all in the same league structure as well, but would prefer to keep them separate.

I'd like to change the format of the current League cup in England, so that it includes Welsh, Scottish, N.Irish and Republic teams in it, making it a British Isles League cup. So I'm hoping that inter-nation cups are possible. If not I'll just do what I've done on FM09 and bung them all in the same league structure as well, but would prefer to keep them separate.

What would be good is if you could enter the teams in 7th, 8th and 9th place in the EPL to enter a GB cup which is kind of like their equivilent of making it into Europe. This cup contains the top 3 teams from Ireland and Wales (who don't make european spots) as well as the 5th, 6th and 7th place finishes in Scotland.

It'll add a little extra money to the clubs playing so they can try to compete some more...

Can change/scrap work permit regulations, can do loads of stuff. I''m going to add prom/releg from ScotDiv3 and Highland league.

You can already change work permit regs with the current editor. I quite like the idea of being able to involve the highland league though. I was thinking of maybe making it a kind of Scottish version of the English Conference with perhaps a few of the other scottish leagues. I think that could be a lot of fun.

I quite like the idea of being able to involve the highland league though. I was thinking of maybe making it a kind of Scottish version of the English Conference with perhaps a few of the other scottish leagues. I think that could be a lot of fun.

That's pretty much what I'll be doing, with a pyramid system involving South of Scotland leagues etc.

I see my Fort Wuwyum is still pointless and haven't won a game in over 2 years, yet aren't bottom now that Strathspey have shipped in 8 goals twice already this season :D. Bring on FM10 for truly terrible football :thup:

• SI Staff
That's pretty much what I'll be doing, with a pyramid system involving South of Scotland leagues etc.

I see my Fort Wuwyum is still pointless and haven't won a game in over 2 years, yet aren't bottom now that Strathspey have shipped in 8 goals twice already this season :D. Bring on FM10 for truly terrible football :thup:

Opening up the lower Scottish leagues also has some interesting things like Fort William B playing in the North Caledonian League. Noticed there are a few other teams with B sides in the lower divisions.

Archived