+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brilliant news

Amateur

Default Brilliant news

New Data Editor – As well as being able to update squads, with the brand new and very easy to use Competition Editor you can now add cups and extra divisions for leagues currently in the game plus completely new competitions.

This means we can turn relegation off for the English leagues? I want to add 2 more leagues that are the lowest you can go. Is this what it means?

I'd love to be able to stop relegation because I put San Marino and Dagenham in the Scottish 3rd Division and after 2 years they both competed for the league so I'd love to see teams like Rushden strengthen automatically.

Amateur

Default Re: Brilliant news

weeeeee, competition editor at last.

been waiting 6years for it haha

Reserves

You'll be able to edit leagues massively - add lower divisions yes, turn off relegation yes, easily put the likes of San Marino in the English or Scottish leagues yes. It's a massive and long-awaited huge leap forward.

Amateur

yeah, that means I can play Isthmian League Division One South, Italy serie D, Spainish third division and a lot more!

Youth Team

I'm looking forward to being able to create the proper pre-season tournaments like the Peace Cup, Amsterdam Tournament etc.

Youth Team

you know i never actually though about those hopefully you will be able to set a host for them and set the places as invitational only as no good if same teams all the time

Semi Pro
    Love Big Ron story..Gary Birtles gets knocked out pyhsio tells Ron Birtles doesnt know who he is..

I want to be able to re start the home internationals and add the republic

also might set up a European super league

Third Team

Great thinking by SI here Great new feature that i'm sure will be very useful in the CSE Forum

Youth Team

Nice feature, but I won't use it. I'll just wait for other people to do the work and then upload it

Reserves

I've always disliked the real-world Scottish setup, so I will hopefully be able to completely change it for my own purposes

Well done SI!

For the record, I hope to be able to try 16 or 18 team divisions, and to open up a north/south pyramid at the bottom - I can't wait!

Part-timer
    Umedalens IF 1935 - Swedish 2nd Div North

I'm guessing there will still be a few factors to take into consideration,
    like the continental qualification processes...
    How would adding the new leagues to the continent affect them?

Reserves

Michael B has confirmed in the Announcement thread that the number of teams (I think) qualifying from each nation is pre-set this year for each nation.

To take my example from above, I imagine that if 2 teams qualify from Scotland for the Champions League, I can mess about all I like with editing the league structure in Scotland - but there will still be 2 teams qualify for the Champions League in the first season. I may be wrong though - time will tell!

Amateur

Gonna create a fantasy league
    including superheroes, wrestlers, boxers, cricketers, F1 drivers and so on

Youth Team
    Reading - Season ticket holder since before we were any good

Some really decent ideas in here.

Third Team
    Sheffield - "We're just a pub team from Buxton!" Xbox gamertag: SubmarineDrip

i shall take my local team from the Unibond Premier to greatness

Amateur

will it be possible to create a celtic league, a la rugby union, with teams from scottish leagues, both irish leagues and the welsh leagues? been wanting to do that for ages. and as someone else said, if you create a brand new league, as opposed to editing and existing one, how will that effect continental competition?

Reserves

I'd probably just merge the scottish and english leagues together, throwing the Welsh leagues somewhere down the end.

Also, merge N. Ireland with the Republic.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by MacDiz View Post
    will it be possible to create a celtic league, a la rugby union, with teams from scottish leagues, both irish leagues and the welsh leagues? been wanting to do that for ages. and as someone else said, if you create a brand new league, as opposed to editing and existing one, how will that effect continental competition?
    Unfortunately this year we can only create competitions with teams of one nation only in it, and we can't create continental competitions this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    Unfortunately this year we can only create competitions with teams of one nation only in it, and we can't create continental competitions this year.
    I think that just took the wind out of many-a sail.

Third Team

It isn't too bad for their first effort though. Still a lot of things that can be done with it, and then for FM 11 there will be more options hopefully.

Amateur

is this going to be for FM 2010?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by geordieshaun View Post
    is this going to be for FM 2010?
    Yes, for FM2010 you can create competitions with the editor.

Get ready to manage in any league in the world whose nation is in the game

Banned

The scope for editing is truly huge when you think about it. Some people may just dedicate their lives to being full-time editors, creating DB's from the weird to the utterly wonderful

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    I don't think that will necessarily be strictly true actually Dan - I imagine you could still move teams from one country to another manually in the editor, and then create your competition in that country.

i.e. move all the desired teams to e.g. Scotland and then create a new league setup in Scotland for the desired Celtic League.

So much as in previous editions of FM, but a bit better.

That is my understanding from comments in the Announcement thread, anyway - time will tell if I am right or not!

Certainly you're correct otherwise, from the looks of things - it has been stated that you couldn't make a competition that involves teams from different countries, e.g. Champions League etc.
    Last edited by Super Bladesman; 13-08-2009 at 14:22.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Super Bladesman View Post
    I've always disliked the real-world Scottish setup, so I will hopefully be able to completely change it for my own purposes

Well done SI!

For the record, I hope to be able to try 16 or 18 team divisions, and to open up a north/south pyramid at the bottom - I can't wait!
    Will be doing a similar thing.

My structure will be an 18 team top league.
    3 foreigner rule, 7 subs, 3 under 18 players. If possible will have a squad number allocation system like the Spanish leagues.
    Teams play each other twice. Three teams relegated.

Division 1 - 20 team league. Play each other twice. Same rules as before. Two teams automatically promoted. Playoffs between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.
    4 teams relegated.

Below that - pyrimid structure where one team from each semi pro league is promoted.

Will probably change the structure of league cup to group and knockout tournament if its possible.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Tiree_Don View Post
    Will be doing a similar thing.

My structure will be an 18 team top league.
    3 foreigner rule, 7 subs, 3 under 18 players. If possible will have a squad number allocation system like the Spanish leagues.
    Teams play each other twice. Three teams relegated.

Division 1 - 20 team league. Play each other twice. Same rules as before. Two teams automatically promoted. Playoffs between 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place.
    4 teams relegated.

Below that - pyrimid structure where one team from each semi pro league is promoted.

Will probably change the structure of league cup to group and knockout tournament if its possible.
    Aye man, you know the score

I can't wait to try that sort of thing out - going to be great to get the Highland League etc. properly integrated, and to do it in the way I would want! Such a brilliant idea.

Third Team

Miles just posted in the FM10 announcement thread that there will be ways to make inter-nation cups, would need to do a bit of fiddling though, although I can't imagine it being too difficult.

Amateur

Dafuge's challenge might become even harder if you add more leagues below the English Blue Square North/South!
    Last edited by simon07; 13-08-2009 at 15:56.

Amateur

Just a question about adding cups, does anyone know if we will be able to add U18 or youth cups?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by simon07 View Post
    Dafuge's challenge might become even harder if you add more leagues below the English Blue Square North/South!
    Aye - starting off in Level 24 in the Bristol Downs League Division 4 will be some challenge

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by simon07 View Post

can't wait!!!!

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Mmm - I can hopefully add relegation to the Scottish 3rd Division.

Amateur

You really want my money this year SI dont ya

I may be buying this version the day it comes out on the basis of this alone.

Amateur

i personally hope in the editor you can turn players ageing off

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: Brilliant news

Great, that means that I can add upcoming changes to the Major League Soccer (USA) like expansion teams, new roster rules and other changes and add the USL leagues .

Amateur

you could make a womans league.

dont know what round things youd be watchin thought haha

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Great, that means that I can add upcoming changes to the Major League Soccer (USA) like expansion teams, new roster rules and other changes and add the USL leagues .
    I'll be adding the USL leagues as well as making a "new MLS", where the rules are like European rules, and we don't have to deal with designated players, the draft, and all that stuff, because I want to manage in the US, as I'm American, but I just can't figure out the deal with the contract spots and such.

Amateur

LLM will just become messed up. You could in theory have every team in the world in one league pyramid. It would eventually cause it to slow down a lot though.

Amateur

Does this mean you can also edit prize money for any leauge?

Third Team

Well done SI!
    The first thing I plan to do is get rid of the under21 rule for spl teams and the stupid split. Then if possible I will look at the prize money and bring it more into line with other big european nations.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by __BOB__ View Post
    Does this mean you can also edit prize money for any leauge?
    Can do, yes. Can change/scrap work permit regulations, can do loads of stuff. I''m going to add prom/releg from ScotDiv3 and Highland league. Especially since this season a team's entered the highland league that's even worse than my beloved Fort William (Strathspey). Lovin'it

Part-Timer
    Having trouble communicating due to the language barrier

I can finally make my New York City league (neighbourhoods of NYC, like Flatbush or Soho) that i still play on Total Club Manager 2004!

Amateur

I don't know if I'd use it to make new tournaments but certainly open up a few more leagues to go down to!

Hopefully it'll run smoother as well, always hated how the old one was soooooooo slow but the game ran perfectly and had little to no effect on the rest of the programs running even with a massive database.

Amateur

Is Great Britain and the USSR not registered as nations in the game?

A GB league and nation would be great.

Third Team

I'd like to change the format of the current League cup in England, so that it includes Welsh, Scottish, N.Irish and Republic teams in it, making it a British Isles League cup. So I'm hoping that inter-nation cups are possible. If not I'll just do what I've done on FM09 and bung them all in the same league structure as well, but would prefer to keep them separate.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    I'd like to change the format of the current League cup in England, so that it includes Welsh, Scottish, N.Irish and Republic teams in it, making it a British Isles League cup. So I'm hoping that inter-nation cups are possible. If not I'll just do what I've done on FM09 and bung them all in the same league structure as well, but would prefer to keep them separate.
    What would be good is if you could enter the teams in 7th, 8th and 9th place in the EPL to enter a GB cup which is kind of like their equivilent of making it into Europe. This cup contains the top 3 teams from Ireland and Wales (who don't make european spots) as well as the 5th, 6th and 7th place finishes in Scotland.

It'll add a little extra money to the clubs playing so they can try to compete some more...

Banned

I am very excited about this, will add hugely to the enjoyment and longevity of the game for me; great news from S.I.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    Can change/scrap work permit regulations, can do loads of stuff. I''m going to add prom/releg from ScotDiv3 and Highland league.
    You can already change work permit regs with the current editor. I quite like the idea of being able to involve the highland league though. I was thinking of maybe making it a kind of Scottish version of the English Conference with perhaps a few of the other scottish leagues. I think that could be a lot of fun.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by trekman View Post
    I quite like the idea of being able to involve the highland league though. I was thinking of maybe making it a kind of Scottish version of the English Conference with perhaps a few of the other scottish leagues. I think that could be a lot of fun.
    That's pretty much what I'll be doing, with a pyramid system involving South of Scotland leagues etc.

I see my Fort Wuwyum is still pointless and haven't won a game in over 2 years, yet aren't bottom now that Strathspey have shipped in 8 goals twice already this season . Bring on FM10 for truly terrible football

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

Quote Originally Posted by phnompenhandy View Post
    That's pretty much what I'll be doing, with a pyramid system involving South of Scotland leagues etc.

I see my Fort Wuwyum is still pointless and haven't won a game in over 2 years, yet aren't bottom now that Strathspey have shipped in 8 goals twice already this season . Bring on FM10 for truly terrible football
    Opening up the lower Scottish leagues also has some interesting things like Fort William B playing in the North Caledonian League. Noticed there are a few other teams with B sides in the lower divisions.

Part-Timer

Cool Re: Brilliant news

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmc135 View Post
    LLM will just become messed up. You could in theory have every team in the world in one league pyramid. It would eventually cause it to slow down a lot though.
    That would be so amazingly cool.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    Opening up the lower Scottish leagues also has some interesting things like Fort William B playing in the North Caledonian League. Noticed there are a few other teams with B sides in the lower divisions.
    It's an U19 league, so presumably would take the place of a youth league set-up. Hey, I'm doin' ma research from here in Phnom Penh ;)

Maybe now it will be possible to get the salary cap off of the A-league, and then link it in with state leagues for some promotion/relegation!

That'll make things more than interesting.

Amateur

Yeh for the A-League I was thinking:

A 12 Team Division (Normal Teams + 2 highest Rep semipro)
    No salary cap, no work permit, no forigner restrictions
    1 Team relegated per season.

Promotion: Each Winner of the Queensland Lewgue, WA League, NSW Prem League, Vic Leage all play off against each other for the promotion spot. The A-League relegated team replaces them, regardless of state location.

Amateur

Promotion: Each Winner of the Queensland Lewgue, WA League, NSW Prem League, Vic Leage all play off against each other for the promotion spot. The A-League relegated team replaces them, regardless of state location.

Quote Originally Posted by Taytaz View Post

I like it, but it does have the potential to make things very messy. (i.e. Adelaide Utd playing in the NSW Prem League).

I was thinking more that you just take the bottom 6 teams at the end of the season, have them play off against each other in a survival tournament to see who the worst is (could just have bottom of the league take the honours rather than making it convoluted) and then you have that team play against the winner of their state league. If the A-league team loses, then they make a swap, if not, they stay in the A-league for another season.

That way you don't end up with teams playing in the wrong state, and the A-league is kept fairly tidy with all states represented. Only problem is that it'd be ridiculously hard to get a team into the A-league as you'd have to wait for your state's team to drop out.

With that said, you could combine the two ideas and add in a B-league. Where B stands for Buffer

Reserves

Well done SI!

I'm still too excited about this - I've now worked out what teams will fill the top 8 divisions (spread over 5 levels) in my all-new Scottish league setup

October 30th can't come soon enough

I've gone for 18 team divisions, with a Premiership and Championship. Below that, the leagues will split into parallel Northern and Central/Southern leagues.

Code:
    Scottish Premiership

1. Rangers
    2. Celtic
    3. Hearts
    4. Aberdeen
    5. Dundee Utd
    6. Hibs
    7. Motherwell
    8. Kilmarnock
    9. Hamilton
    10. Falkirk
    11. St Mirren
    12. Inverness CT
    13. St. Johnstone
    14. Partick
    15. Dunfermline
    16. Dundee
    17. Queen of the South
    18. Greenock Morton

Scottish Championship

1. Livingston
    2. Ross County
    3. Airdrie Utd
    4. Clyde
    5. Raith Rovers
    6. Ayr Utd
    7. Brechin City
    8. Peterhead
    9. Stirling Albion
    10. East Fife
    11. Arbroath
    12. Alloa Athletic
    13. Queen's Park
    14. Stranraer
    15. Dumbarton
    16. Cowdenbeath
    17. East Stirlingshire
    18. Stenhousemuir

Scottish League 1 North

1. Montrose
    2. Forfar Athletic
    3. Elgin City 
    4. Cove Rangers
    5. Deveronvale
    6. Inverurie Loco Works
    7. Keith
    8. Wick Academy
    9. Buckie Thistle
    10. Fraserburgh
    11. Huntly
    12. Forres Mechanics
    13. Nairn County
    14. Clachnacuddin
    15. Lossiemouth
    16. Rothes
    17. Brora Rangers
    18. Fort William

Scottish League 1 South

19. Annan Athletic
    20. Albion Rovers
    21. Berwick Rangers
    22. Dalbeattie Star
    23. Newton Stewart
    24. St. Cuthbert Wanderers
    25. Threave Rovers
    26. Wigtown & Bladnoch
    27. Creetown
    28. Spartans
    29. Whitehill Welfare
    30. Edinburgh City
    31. Civil Service Strollers
    32. Coldstream
    33. Lothian Thistle
    34. Preston Athletic
    35. Selkirk
    36. Tynecastle

Scottish League 2 North

1. Aberdeen East End
    2. Banchory St. Ternan
    3. Banks O' Dee
    4. Buchanhaven Hearts
    5. Culter
    6. Dyce Juniors
    7. Ellon United
    8. Hall Russell United
    9. Hermes
    10. Lewis United
    11. Longside
    12. Maud
    13. Stoneywood
    14. Sunnybank
    15. Stirling University
    16. Islavale
    17. Fraserburgh Utd
    18. Buckie Rovers

Scottish League 2 South

1. Abbey Vale
    2. Edinburgh University
    3. Crichton
    4. Fleet Star
    5. Heston Rovers
    6. Mid-Annandale
    7. Nithsdale Wanderers
    8. Heriot-Watt University
    9. Craigroyston
    10. Easthouses Lily Miners Welfare
    11. Eyemouth United
    12. Gala Fairydean
    13. Gretna
    14. Hawick Royal Albert
    15. Kelso United
    16. Leith Athletic
    17. Ormiston
    18. Peebles
    19. Vale of Leithen

Scottish Northern Conference  (relegated teams go into real life North Region Division 1)

1. Bishopmill utd
    2. Deveronside
    3. Dufftown
    4. Forres Thistle
    5. Glentanar
    6. Hillhead
    7. Inverness City
    8. Lossiemouth Utd
    9. New Elgin
    10. Parkvale
    11. Stonehaven
    12. Cruden Bay
    13. Burghead Thistle
    14. Fochabers
    15. Nairn St. Ninian
    16. RAF Lossiemouth
    17. Whitehills
    18. Forfar West End
    19. Glenrothes
    20. Lochee Utd
    21. Tayport

Scottish Southern Conference (relegated teams go into real life West Region Division 1 and East Region Premier League)

1. Pollok
    2. Irvine Meadow XI
    3. Arthurlie
    4. Auchinleck Talbot
    5. Beith Juniors
    6. Bellshill Athletic
    7. Kilbirnie Ladeside
    8. Lanark Utd
    9. Largs Thistle
    10. Petershill
    11. Kelty Hearts
    12. Whitburn
    13. Linlithgow Rose
    14. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
    15. Bathgate Thistle
    16. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
    17. Vale of Clyde
    18. Bo'ness Utd
    19. Camelon
    20. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
    I know nothing of non-league football in Scotland, so if I've made any hideous mistakes that horrifically bother anyone, let me know Queen of the South are so relegated lol
    Last edited by Super Bladesman; 17-08-2009 at 14:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmc135 View Post
    It'll only be messed up if someone's daft enough to do that.

Banned

Great news!! Thanks SI

Amateur

I appreciate the effort but messing with existing leagues is not something I'm looking for. I may only use this to add one more layer to some leagues if I'm interested in playing a long career there but to be honest most of the neccessary leagues were already in place and I dont think I will bother going deeper to amateur level of game.

I think the Data editor in general has some usability issues, I'm hoping while adding these features SI has improved the overall editor. I only use it for updating major transfers and update some player data.

I'm still too excited about this - I've now worked out what teams will fill the top 8 divisions (spread over 5 levels) in my all-new Scottish league setup

October 30th can't come soon enough

I've gone for 18 team divisions, with a Premiership and Championship. Below that, the leagues will split into parallel Northern and Central/Southern leagues.

[CODE]Scottish Premiership

1. Rangers
    2. Celtic
    3. Hearts
    4. Aberdeen
    5. Dundee Utd
    6. Hibs
    7. Motherwell
    8. Kilmarnock
    9. Hamilton
    10. Falkirk
    11. St Mirren
    12. Inverness CT
    13. St. Johnstone
    14. Partick
    15. Dunfermline
    16. Dundee
    17. Queen of the South
    18. Greenock Morton
    A pyramid is a great idea but 18 teams in the SPL is crazy! There will be so many dead games by mid season. I would stick at 16 with maybe 4 teams getting relegated.

Third Team

I will first of alll add Morocco as a playable league so I can take WAC Casablanca to glory! and maybe a couple other north african leagues. Africa does not have enough playable leagues in 09. Then if continental competitions are creatable I will make the Arab Champions League (which WAC have lost in finals 2 years in a row :[)

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by eaglealan64 View Post
    A pyramid is a great idea but 18 teams in the SPL is crazy! There will be so many dead games by mid season. I would stick at 16 with maybe 4 teams getting relegated.
    If I do that, then it's only 30 games a season...

Though that may leave room for a Celtic Cup and an Atlantic Cup

I may just have to try both!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by eaglealan64 View Post
    Same thing here in Croatia. League is now expanded to 16 teams and my favourite club Dinamo Zagreb has problems, they play against awful teams in league and in Europe average teams like Red Bull Salzburg knock them out of CL, because they dont have any real opponents here. They kill every team they are playing against (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0) by now so their GD is +18 after 4 rounds. So I am going to create Croatian league as 10 teams championship, and second league also 10 team champ.

Current Croatian football league table.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/cr...egular-season/
    Last edited by dinamo_zagreb; 17-08-2009 at 19:09.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dinamo_zagreb View Post
    Same thing here in Croatia. League is now expanded to 16 teams and my favourite club Dinamo Zagreb has problems, they play against awful teams in league and in Europe average teams like Red Bull Salzburg knock them out of CL, because they dont have any real opponents here. They kill every team they are playing against (7-1, 4-0, 5-2, 5-0) by now so their GD is +18 after 4 rounds. So I am going to create Croatian league as 10 teams championship, and second league also 10 team champ.

Ha - sounds good

What about a cup for sides from the Balkan region? That might be a way of getting good competitive football too!

Amateur

Ha - sounds good

What about a cup for sides from the Balkan region? That might be a way of getting good competitive football too!
    Well, there are talks about Regional League, Dinamo's Chairman wants it badly, as Partizan Belgarade's too. But there are still bad memories on war during 90-es, and fans are problem - I hope you know that my fan group - BBB - are one of worst groups in Europe (rows with police in Austria, Prague, Milan.... ) but they were great against Arsenal in 2006 and against Tottenham last season. And there are also hooligans from Split (Hajduk), Patizan, Red Star, Bosnia, so Regional Cup is still miles away, maybe for 10 years or so, it would make big political problem... but Id like to see matches Dinamo-Partizan, Hajduk-Red Star, coz my old people tell stories about league in ex-Yugoslavia, that it was great, great players, filled stadims, and now leagues here are so poor, average attendance is 2000 per match (Dinamo has 40k stadium, average in Leage is 4k)

Semi Pro

That would be good an old Yugoslavia cup in the game

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by bobatwal View Post
    That would be good an old Yugoslavia cup in the game
    I will create it for sure, as soon as game is out, and I will made it available for you (but you must take Dinamo under your control - we have just signed Argentinan Leandro Cufre (ex Roma, Monaco and Hertha player)) and other FM fans.
    Last edited by dinamo_zagreb; 18-08-2009 at 01:18.

Semi Pro

What about the full memebers cup

This is the best think that SI have created perhaps ever

Amateur

yas mon the Karlovac! snuck in via the new rules and are now 4th!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by gcormack View Post
    yas mon the Karlovac! snuck in via the new rules and are now 4th!
    Hahahha, but they have good team, they brought like 10 new players. But they will fall soon, I am sure. And Dinamo will score more than 120 goals

Amateur

Hahahha, but they have good team, they brought like 10 new players. But they will fall soon, I am sure. And Dinamo will score more than 120 goals
    oh well, it's the only place in croatia that i've been, except zadar who i didnt even know had a team.

Amateur

I'm looking forward to adding the little cups like the Herts Senior Cup etc, good for non-league teams

+ Reply to Thread