The Most Wanted Unwanted Player

Meet Antonio Di Pietro

8AntonioDiPietro.png

- He has been to a total of 12 clubs, some huge ones at that.

- Had a career so far that spanned 16 seasons

- Total sum of transfer fees spend on him = £108mil

Made a total of 19 appearances over his career!!

AntonioDiPietro.png

Just had to show this guy, been following his progress traveling the world in my long term career game. He must play great in the games he's started!

That is bizarre! Probably worth a mention in the bugs forum as well.

His attributes look pretty good, is there anything unusual about his personality that would cause him to never settle in anywhere? Is he always wanting to move or do the clubs just always look to get rid of him?

I think this is because AI managers completely ignore performances when they buy players.

Yep, they go on current ability alone it seems.

This guy probably sits at around 170 CA, meaning he's too good for the lower clubs but a bench player for the bigger clubs. Meaning he gets poached from mid-table clubs but rots in the reserves for the CL clubs.

Yep, they go on current ability alone it seems.

This guy probably sits at around 170 CA, meaning he's too good for the lower clubs but a bench player for the bigger clubs. Meaning he gets poached from mid-table clubs but rots in the reserves for the CL clubs.

The bigger teams act like kleptomaniacs. They often buy players who they have no intention of using. On FM08 I kept trying to sign Diego Buonanotte, but he always went to a bigger clubs who instantly dropped him to the reserves because their system has no room for a playmaker!

They also seem to have fixed ideas about what position a player should play and ignore all other possibilities. For example, I once signed a terrible AMC and converted him to 20-goal-a-season striker. When I tried to sell him, the AI managers wouldn't touch him with a barge pole and he ended up going to a third division team for a pittance and playing central midfield.

I once brought in a German guy called Mehmet Ekici - he played in central midfield for his entire career at me over several seasons. I sold him to AC Milan... who promptly played him right-back.

He was terrible there xD

I can't explain FM09 at times I really can't.

The actual reason behind this is that even the only slightly better players have all slapped €150M price tags onto them so the clubs trying to make a purchase or two end up getting the same players for ridiculous money whom they will not even use. In my game Real Madrid and AC Milan are especially filthy rich but always end up getting 165-170 CA 30 year olds for €40-50M, who play for 3-4 games that season, get unhappy, get sold the next club, same thing all over again.

Hes actually only Natural in the AMC position, no other position is accomplished or anything. So maybe the managers don't think they should play him in the MC position.

I was tempted to buy him during his Man City days as he was transfer listed but I wasn't going to pay that much for him. Too late now, as I use 4-3-3.

Also hes only had 5 injuries over the span of his career, the worst being a twisted ankle out for 3 weeks.

I think its just a small bug that he hasnt found a club that want to play a AMC

Also hes only had 5 injuries over the span of his career, the worst being a twisted ankle out for 3 weeks.

I think its just a small bug that he hasnt found a club that want to play a AMC

I need an AM at the moment, though I somehow don't think he would fancy a trip to Brantwood in the NI 2nd Division.

Would you mind using FMRTE on him to see what his personality is like?

In real-life, he reminds me a bit like Saviola - good player, but nobody wants him. In some ways, this player might simply benefit from going back to Ascoli to remind himself how to kick a ball.

That said, I personally think this guy will be a very good second-striker if retrained.

In real-life, he reminds me a bit like Saviola - good player, but nobody wants him. In some ways, this player might simply benefit from going back to Ascoli to remind himself how to kick a ball.

That said, I personally think this guy will be a very good second-striker if retrained.

Or have you added a manager to various clubs and kept on buying him ?

That isn't what has happened here - I've seen it a few times; notably with Aiden McGeady.

mcgeady.jpg

It's just one of those countless weird FM09 "things" that happens.

Even by Man City standards 25 million is a ridiculous amount for someone who rarely plays.

I sometimes wonder if SI put these bugs on purpose just to have a laugh.

LOL, i was thinking the same thing. spurs sign him for 7.25 million, plays twice all season, so what do city do.......get him for 25 million.

yeah the AI seems kinda wierd in terms of who they buy. spurs bought koren off me when i was at west brom for 5+ and then he has played 14 games in 1 1/2 seasons. chris brunt went to city for 6 million and he played 2 in two seasons lol.

That isn't what has happened here - I've seen it a few times; notably with Aiden McGeady.

mcgeady.jpg

It's just one of those countless weird FM09 "things" that happens.

Now that must be a bug! He's been at Newcastle for 5 seasons and actually made most of his career appearances there!

Definately not realistic! :p

I've got a player who, at the age of 24, has already played for 8 teams:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1985/9evansaddai.png

On a similar note, what's the most times a player has ever joined your team? In mine I've got a guy called Bruce Tait who's signed for me 3 times in his career - I first got him from Barcelona in 2025 for £18.5m, then sold him back to them 2 years later for £34m. He then joined me on loan in 2029, before moving to Real Madrid. I then signed him on a free transfer in 2031. He's not even that good; I just like signing him for some reason.

In my oxford save, Marek Hamsik was bought by Man City for £24 million, on £105,000 a week. After playing regularly in the first season, he sat in the reverses for the next 4 seasons, making only 2 more apperences! I then signed him on a free on wages of £17,500 a week :)

In my oxford save, Marek Hamsik was bought by Man City for £24 million, on £105,000 a week. After playing regularly in the first season, he sat in the reverses for the next 4 seasons, making only 2 more apperences! I then signed him on a free on wages of £17,500 a week :)

Wow. That's so awesome deal.

I've seen this before. In my game I had made a perfect player, and a great football player with a horrible personality. The last one did exactly this.

He gets unhappy at the club after a season at max and then gets sold for quite a lot of money (he was a GREAT footballer).

Or have you added a manager to various clubs and kept on buying him ?

Where would that get me? But seriously no I havent, I have no idea why this happens but I think it may be due to his personality as after a season he gets 'Transfer listed by request' cause hes not playing.

This is my long term save where I dont use FMRTE. He usually gets unsettled after each season. I cant name the amount of times I have seen him on the transfer list, so he must be quite temperamental. I will check his personality description next time I have FM running.

Archived