Pressing continue skips too far forward

I've noticed this problem for a while now and it's especially prominent during preseason. Sometimes when I press continue the game will go continue forwarding for about 7 days and not stop when there's news available in my inbox, ie. someone being sacked and a job becoming availalble. This often leads to the vacant position being filled before I've even found out that it was available in the first place.

Is there any way to prevent this happening?

Thanks.

Would be nice to have something similar to LMA Manager, where you can select anything from 1 up to 7 days of 'continuing' (or to the next match). Then it only stops when there is an important news item (transfer offer etc). I agree with the OP :thup:

The game will generally continue until there is an important news Item, or there is a match.

It goes on longer in preseason, as there is usually less news then.

Yeah, but I'm getting news in my inbox and it isn't stopping to let me read it. Therefore, I'm completely missing out on jobs that are becoming available.

The holiday thing is one option, but it's not really a proper solution.

I'm afraid you just have to game it.

Make a few unlikely bids, or send a scout on a short job.

To be really accurate about when to 'come back' without holidaying, schedule a friendly vs. your reserves. On game day, when you return, just cancel the game and schedule another when you are ready to leap forward.

You can set reminders with the notes system as well. Personally I find this a bit cumbersome, but it does work.

I've noticed this problem for a while now and it's especially prominent during preseason. Sometimes when I press continue the game will go continue forwarding for about 7 days and not stop when there's news available in my inbox...

Is there any way to prevent this happening?

Thanks.

I agree, this can be very frustrating; like you say, particularly in preseason. Hopefully SI can work on this in time for the next incarnation.

I've not found a consistent way around this unfortunately. I've tried the creating 'notes' option myself too, and whilst it does seem to help on occasion, it is far from consistent, which leads me to question if the game would have stopped processing at that point anyway, whether I'd made a note reminder or not.

• 8 months later...
Does this open your messages and flick through each one, before continuing again to the next week? I'm having that happen. It only stops if there's something to respond to?

Kristoff to solve that go into the prefernces menu and make sure to set the auto continue or whatever the option is called to disabled. you will then have it stop doing this for you

Archived