[FM09] Chelsea Chelsea We Believe

Cardiovascular

Started off unemployed with International Footballer experience, just too see where I could go. And the first team to take me were...

scotland-hibernian.png

Full Name: Hibernian Football Club

Nicknames: Hibs, Hibbees or The Cabbages

Founded: 1875

Stadium: Easter Road, Leith, Edinburgh

Owner: Sir Tom Farmer

Chairman: Rod Petrie

I took over with the team struggling in 11th place (out of 12), a point above relegation in late December. With the team still in the Scottish Cup & League Cup, I hoped we could do well and avoid the drop. Europe was still possible from the league and Scottish Cup, but it would be a mammoth task to achieve.

Game Details: England (L2+), Germany (2nd Division+), Italy (Serie B+), Holland (Eerste Divisie+), Scotland (Third Division+) and Spain (Liga Adalente +) on a large DB with no edits.

LATE DECEMBER - END OF SEASON

An excellent late run of good form saw us climb the table, we went from 11th to 6th and managed to get into the top half split, which I felt, given the state of the club and the finances I had when I took over, was a great achievement. The Scottish Cup and League Cups were great. We got to the final on both occasions, but lost out to either side of the Old Firm with both. After the season ended, a director took over Rod Petrie as chairman. Sadly, there was no money invested.

lgecup.jpg

scottishcup.jpg

I offloaded ALOT of players to try and raise finances, I ended up earning about a million by offloading everyone I thought was not good enough or would not suit the tactic.

Transfers In:

transfers-1.jpg

Transfers Out:

transfersout.jpg

Kalonas was brought because he was a great DM, something which I needed. A total bargain if you ask me. Mulgrew was bought because of his versatility, also because our current left-back was on loan. The manager brought in two out of three players who I felt were good enough for us. Killian Brennan cost out around £65K and Jorge Ribeiro was on loan from Benfica costing around £400,000. If you know the club well, you may see a lot of youngster leaving. This was for two reasons: the cash & and sell-on clauses.

Season 08/09 Summary

League Position: 6th

Scottish Cup: Final - Lost 2-1 to Celtic

League Cup: Final - Lost 3-1 to Rangers

Fans PotY: Steven Fletcher

Good luck in breaking the old firm Cardiovascular. It's going to be tough but i'm sure in a few years i'll be reading about Hibs being SPL champions! :D Unlucky in both finals too :thdn:

Out of interest, how did your rivals Hearts do?

Hearts finished 4th, thrashed me 4-0 in the split championships. However, I beat them 2-0 in a dirty game earlier in the season, and extracted a bit of revenge in the new season...

Oh and I bet you've gone a jinxed it now! :mad:;)

Game details edited into OP.

:D If i'm honest, i swing more towards Hearts anyway! :D But for your sake and the sake of following your thread, i'll cross the rivalry just this once...come on you hibbee's!

Only ever played in Scotland once, that was on FM08 with Falkirk as part of a career game i think. They'd been relegated or had started in Div 1. Got them promoted and 2 seasons later finished 4th with them before moving on. Never been inclined to play in Scotland since, may give Aberdeen a shot in a future save.

Good Luck anyway CardioV...

MID-SEASON UPDATE - JANUARY 1ST

First off, I'll show you my summer signings. I was given a whopping £3.2M budget, to which I honestly feel I used wisely.

transfers-2.jpg

Ziegler is now considered the star player of the team, both him and Dzemaili were signed with the intention they would be in the first team, which they currently are. Poom & Gunnarsson were signed on one year contracts as back-ups. Manucho was bought to strengthen the front line, which he has currently done, scoring six and assisting 4 in 12 appearances. We also have the option of signing him for £2.5M whenever, so that's a real possibility. Lallana was signed because he was a hot prospect and so far, he's played a part in the first team. Collins was signed to replace Rob Jones, who's getting on a bit at the back.

As for the transfers out, most were due to the fact I felt they weren't needed. Funds were raised through these, especially Fletcher's £5M transfer to Hull. I didn't really want to sell him but I really wasn't that impressed with him from when I took over last season. So far, I feel I made the right choice selling him.

leaguetable.jpg

The league is going splendidly well after a shaky start, where we lost our first 4 games. We sit comfortably in front of 5th but we have a wee bit of catching up to do on Hearts (see what I mean Raware?!?!;)) but I feel we can pull this off. We're in the semi-final of the League Cup against Celtic and the fourth round of the Scottish Cup against Kilmarnock. I'll be pleased if we bypass Celtic and I expect us to ease by Kilmarnock.

squad-5.jpg

This is the current squad and I feel we have enough to challenge for Europe. I don't think this year will be our year for winning the league though.

END OF SEASON

Well this is what the table looks like:

table-21.jpg

We gave Hearts a good run for their money, but they beat us 1-0, despite some thrilling encounters in the full season. We never changed position since January apart from switching with Hearts due to more games played. Although, we qualified for Europe which is a good thing and my aims for this season have been achieved.

I made no signings in January, despite numerous attempts to get Ched Evans on loan. Steven Thicot left for a club in France for £650,000 and John Rankin went to Barnsley for £90K.

squad-6.jpg

The squad was fantastic, we had depth in numbers and were even allowed to play youth every so often. Mulgrew and Ziegler were the stand-out stars for me, playing at DL and ML respectively.

mulgrew.jpg

ziegler.jpg

Cups.

Scottish Cup 4th round: Vs. St Mirren 1-1 (Hibs win replay 2-1)

5th Round: Vs Ayr, 5-0 Win

Qtr Final: Vs Motherwell, 2-1 Loss

Scottish League Cup

2nd Round: Vs Livingston, 1-0 Win

3rd Round: Vs Hamilton, 1-0 Win

Qtr Final: Vs. Kilmarnock, 2-2 (Hibs win 5-4 on penalties)

Semi-Final: Vs Celtic, 2-1 Loss.

I can say I'm pleased with the Scottish Cup result but the league was our most important competition this year. Very pleased to go out of the League Cup with a respectable defeat to Celtic.

2010/11 - Mid Season Update

I'll give you the sumer signings firstly and explain them:

transfers-3.jpg

Manucho was brought in because of his fine form last year, and increases the (dare I say it) quality of the strike force. Vaz Te I thought I'd use as a winger, although he's currently up front. However, he isn't scoring as much as I'd like him too. Torghelle and Enckleman were brought in as back-ups, Fae and Taylor were brought in too star in the first team and are currently doing so.

Onto the football though, and we have done quite well in the league imo.

table-22.jpg

I know the table says we're 5th, but we were 2nd until 2 games ago, however bad form has seen us drop. In 4 matches against the Old Firm, we're currently unbeaten. :coolface:

I might as well show the manager overview, so here it is:

overview-3.jpg

As you can see, Mulgrew is driving the team forwards with goals and assists. You can also see our cup runs and our European exit. :-(

And 10-3, this one was for you.

thanks103.jpg

leaguetable.jpg

The league is going splendidly well after a shaky start, where we lost our first 4 games. We sit comfortably in front of 5th but we have a wee bit of catching up to do on Hearts (see what I mean Raware?!?!;)) but I feel we can pull this off. We're in the semi-final of the League Cup against Celtic and the fourth round of the Scottish Cup against Kilmarnock. I'll be pleased if we bypass Celtic and I expect us to ease by Kilmarnock.

table-22.jpg

I know the table says we're 5th, but we were 2nd until 2 games ago, however bad form has seen us drop. In 4 matches against the Old Firm, we're currently unbeaten.

Still behind Hearts eh? ;)

It's looking close there and Charlie Mulgrew is looking like a great signing! If you can turn some of those draws into wins you'll be up there challenging. Good luck for the rest of the season.

And 10-3, this one was for you.

Smart aleck :)

Some nice signings you've made. Fae played regularly for my first Reading team in my FM08 save and was credible -- glad to see he's doing the business for you. Manucho might well be a snip for you for that price.

END OF SEASON - 2010/11

transfers-4.jpg

January's transfers for you, Greg Halford was brought in as a replacement for van Zanten, as the assistant didn't rate him highly enough. He did that, with van Zanten now his back-up. Grainger was brought in as a centre-back, he now rotates with the centre-backs and can cover for left-back. Going the opposite direction was Blerim Dzemaili. For me, he was great at first however injuries soon hampered his progress. He started getting knocks early on in games and I felt it was best for him too leave for a good fee. Enckleman and Ma Kalambay both left because they were unhappy, as both were goalkeepers, a position we're very strong in at the moment.

So, onto the league now.

table-23.jpg

Well, we lost form. Drew and lost games we should've won. Hearts eventually broke away from us, and we gave chase, however falling at about the 3rd last hurdles. I am however extremely pleased by the gap between us and Dunfermline as we broke away easily from them.

When we were on form, we were quite frankly unbeatable. However, when we were beaten, we lost momentum and we picked up my first piece of silverware in this career, as we beat Rangers one-nil in the Scottish League Cup final! And the scorer? The afore-mentioned goalless Ricardo Vaz Te! He grabbed his first goal in more than 1200 minutes in the 89th minute.

leaguecup.jpg

And lastly, I'll give you the overview;

overview-4.jpg

As you can see, Charlie Mulgrew tore the league to shreds with the amount of goals he scored (from left back!) Most were free-kicks, however he had the odd cracking goal thrown in and his efforts earned him Clydesdale Bank Premier League Football Writers' Player of the Year and Top Goalscorer award, with 17 league goals respectively. I came runner in Manager of the Year, while my defensive partnership of Neill Collins and Chris Hogg were named in Team of the Year.

There is a downside. Mulgrew may have to be sold due to the fact he won't sign a new contract, and his contract runs out next year.

Well done on winning the league cup and qualifying for Europe again (still behind Hearts though ;)) Looks like Mulgrew had another great season but that's the problem with the Scottish League...after a couple of seasons, your players want to move to bigger clubs :( I've had to rebuild my team twice in four years and it's looking like i may have to make it a third time in five!

Pushing for Champions League next year?...

2011/12 - 27th November - Hibs/...

So, after many thoughts and arguments with myself, I decided to leave Hibs. I felt I left the team with a strong squad, and really with the right tactics they can be league winners. I didn't want to leave Hibs but I wanted a new challenge (I sound like a player!) and when Chelsea came along, floundering in 12th place, I couldn't resist.

Hibs

transfers-7.jpg

Well, here are the signings I made for Hibs before I left. Baird, Mooney, Elliot, Huntington, Kenneth and Marriappa were all brought in with the intentions of being rotated/first team. Baird, Mooney, Elliot & Mariappa are currently the only ones fulfilling the expectations. Simpson & Kenneth were brought in as back-ups, however Simpson promptly went and broke his leg during our first friendly. Kenneth is currently back-up, alongside Huntington. Larsen ® is a hot prospect, definitely one for the future.

table-26.jpg

I left them in 5th place after aa shoddy start, but I think they have the quality to go further. A 3rd place (maybe even second) could be a reasonable target for them.

CHELSEA

chelsea.jpg

The current squad is quite strong, no way they should be 12th place. With the right tactics, we should be good.

PLtable.jpg

So, here's to a new chapter in my career!

Good luck with your new club.

I think breaking into the top 2 would have been a long time coming, due to their level of dominance in Scotland. You were progressing well though.

Sorry for the lack of updates folks, have been flooded out with camping for the past 5 days!

I'll only give transfers in this update, as there hasn't been much to talk about in the league. We've moved up a spot, that's it. We also progressed from the third and fourth rounds of the FA Cup, thumping Gillingham and Ipswich respectively.

benzema.jpg

I really thought out strike force was rubbish with an aging Drogba and Owen, so in canme Benzema for £38M, having made 32 appearances for Barca in 3 seasons.

charnley.jpg

Gary Charnley is my first regen signing (I think!) and certainly looks a good prospect. He certainly looks decent enough and could do a good job in the future.

rossi.jpg

Rossi joins us for £20.5M, improving the strike force even more. This makes way for Drogba to leave.

tout.jpg

Sinama-Pongolle was already arranged, Obi Mikel was not in my plans so I got a good fee for him. Sahar, Julio Baptista. van Aanholt, Boulahrouz, Ivanovic and Drogba (following the arrival of the new strike force) all left as they were no longer need at the club. A great price for Ivanovic imo. I have no plans for Nielsen, so I plan too let his contract expire. Bullock is a great prospect so I sent him to our feeder team, the Dons, on loan for the remainder of the season.

Here's hoping we can still improve in the coming months!

Archived