Does the game get harder

Much harder in my opinion. Not only does the AI take a more defensive outlook against your team but your players have a habit of becoming complacent.

It is still rather easy to keep success going, but at the same time it is more of a challenge and far more interesting and engaging than in previous games.

I think it gets easier because of the AI's inability to create decent squads. They seem to keep playing older players until they are well into 30's and don't invest enough in youth players. If you look at he general info on each team you will probably find that over half the squad will be over 30 once you have reached around 2020 (possibly even before).

Easiest since 06. But the challenge isnt in maintaining a big teams position (imo), the challenge is making a big team.

Yes . I suppose that is right about the challenge is making a big team but once you have done that and won a few things you can become unstopable !

Definitely not easier in my game.

My first 15 have been together for 6 years so know each other well. We have dominated the EPL and have done well in Europe but last season the EPL was out only trophy and this year we are struggling. My team are all internationals (England, Germany, France, Brazil, Russia) and are all excellent players but teams are starting to get at us, I even have a few youngsters that are coming through competing for places.

As for the opposition only playing older players I have seen the likes of Gerard, Lampard, Cole etc still getting games but only as subs and there are some great youngsters in other teams. Man Utd have some good players and they are always bidding for my young players along with Arsenal (Arsenal having really bad season though and in relegation zone again). The teams that have also been buying more young players are the ones in my game that have Tycoons, Crystal Palace (now 4th in EPL), Derby (Spending millions). Teams that are suffering are Everton, Newcastle who dont seem to have a pot to pee in.

One good thing now as well is there are some very good English players coming through other teams, something I am happy about as I am England manager and have really struggled to find good players to call up, in fact Crystal Palace have an amazing regen come through their ranks - a striker with excellent attributes and what looks to be a great future. Myself and RM, Barca, AC Milan are all looking at him so should be an interesting summer transfer window.

Archived