FMH East Stirlingshire Challenge

Hi, didnt know if this should go here, but it is only for FMH so would probably get read most here.

I say that people who think they are good managers and can manage in England or their native country with ease, try to manage in a country at a club that they know nothing about. For me, I decided to try the team that has been bottom of the SD3 for the last 4 years!

With no money to spend and a team of no-hopers, you will have to steal, loan and basically fluke your way to the SPL championship and beyond (especially if there is a bug where you cant increase your transfer budget!)

This might be a challenge that either NTFC or even Mr Vaughan may be interested in, as the biggest challenge possible. I would be dumbfounded if any of you could win the SPL in less than 10 seasons.

Good Luck icon14.gif

Hi, didnt know if this should go here, but it is only for FMH so would probably get read most here.

I say that people who think they are good managers and can manage in England or their native country with ease, try to manage in a country at a club that they know nothing about. For me, I decided to try the team that has been bottom of the SD3 for the last 4 years!

With no money to spend and a team of no-hopers, you will have to steal, loan and basically fluke your way to the SPL championship and beyond (especially if there is a bug where you cant increase your transfer budget!)

This might be a challenge that either NTFC or even Mr Vaughan may be interested in, as the biggest challenge possible. I would be dumbfounded if any of you could win the SPL in less than 10 seasons.

Good Luck icon14.gif

Sawczuk thankyou for acknowledging my succesicon_biggrin.gif.

I have to complete my L2 season with Hinckley then i will atttempt your challenge.

Just to scare any oppositon on fm2005 i managed to guide Morton(i know better quality) to the spl championship in 5 years.

Is this going to be a challenge thread,if so ill update frequently in here.

hey again, thanks for doing the challenge, first season i finished 6th, and i am dissapointed with that, to be honest i expected promotion, however, i will be promoted next season, when i am less inconsistent, shame there is no way of proving your success apart from copying the save game file icon13.gif

Anyway, good luck and look out for Kenny Miller second season, i think he could be bought, ive done it before on this game icon_cool.gif

I have done something similar. Went Queens park in the Scottish third. As you said loans are about the best you can do as budget is £0.

First season won the league by a mile and also won the league cup!!!!

Second season got promoted easily again but didn't get any cup success.

Third season won promotion to the SPL on the last game of the season against Livingston and also reached the league cup final but this time was beaten by Rangers.

Just starting my SPL Season now will keep yoo posted. I think there is a bug with budgets though. I know i'm a small team but the season after winning league cup and promotion my budget was £2000 for players. This season in the SPL my budget is back down to £0 again. So it is again going to be loans. However I sold a player for £1.3 million so now have money to spend. (Young Chilean I bought in second season called Jose Luis Silva for only £2k

If anyone has had better success than this then i'd like to know. I'm hoping to win the SPL within 4 years. Need to build my reputation so I can actually buy some good players.

I got Barbosa in one of my season too. He's not bad. Try and look for a few decent young players around the £2-£8k mark. I managed to get a couple over the seasons and as mentioned sold one for over a million. Look for another chilean called Jorge Inostroza. Still got him and his stats are phenomenal.

Crossing 19

Passing 20

Tacling 20

Shooting 17

Movement 19

Positioning 20

And he's only 17!!! Bought him when he was 15 for £2k

Im very inconsistent in the league atm, but i dont mind, won the scottish league challenge cup, with this set of results:

East Stirling p0-0 Stirling

East Stirling p0-0 St Johnstone

Morton 0-1 East Stirling

East Stirling p0-0 Ross County

East Stirling p0-0 Airdrie United

However, it the Scottish League Cup, I got to the quarter finals, lost because i won the SCC 4 days earlier.

Gretna 3-3p East Stirling

Queens Park 1-2 East Stirling

East Stirling p0-0 St Mirren (Now SPL on my game)

Kilmarnock 2-0 East Stirling

I am now having severe problems in the league and I cannot score, my record, in 8th position, is:

Pld W D L F A GD Pts

23 4 10 9 10 18 -8 22

Im 16 points off the playoffs, but now picking up some form, the rest of the season shall be interesting icon_cool.gificon14.gif

Currently top of the SPL by one point over Celtic and 6 ahead of Rangers with Queen's Park in my first SPL Season. Out both cups though. Looks like i'll at least finish 2nd on current form so Champions league beckons at the first time of asking for the mighty Queen's Park

The East Stirlingshire challenge isn't too hard.. I've took a break from my Notts Co save to try it, and there are loads of pretty good players without a club at the start of the season.

I signed about ten without competition, and I'm now 2nd after 12 games.

I can't see it being much harder. In first season I think I only used one current Queen's player as I sold almost all the others to free space and get a pittance to spend.

I would have went stirling but i'd already started as queens before this post. I used to work for them and they are a local team to me so had more interest in going them than Stirling

I read about this challenge and started it straight away i made 22 signings in my 1st season for free. i won the league easy. in my 2nd season i won the league again and won the scottish cup. in my third the same league and scottish cup.

im am now in the spl and am currently 5th on 15th december 08.

in my first season i signed Pat Vigurs free contract expired. he played with elgin previous season. if u dont believe me i can take a pic o league oan ma web cam.

mikey

Hey guys as i promised i will start the challenge.

I started it earlier havent play alot of games.

So far in the semi's of the challenge cup and am top of the SD3 by four points and am unbeaten.

Just back from holiday. My queens Park save still going strong.

Won the SPL my first season in it after coming straight up ecry league as champions first time.

I won the champions league at the first time of asking as well, beating man u 4-0 at home and bayern 4-0 away to name a few remarkable results. Next season my budget was £1million. Managed to get some better players and ran away with the league and won the champions league for the 2nd time.

Now in my 3rd season in SPL in January. 11 points clear in the league and playing Lyon in Champs league 2nd round. Should hopefully win it again.

I'VE STILL NOT UNLOCKED ANYTHING THOUGH!!!!

I know all the above sounds hard to believe but I have pictures I can post if anyone doubts it

I find winning big tournaments doesn't really increase your budget however. I managed to sell some of my players for silly money though and now have £40m to spend and a wage budget of £60k

• 2 weeks later...

I can only tell you my current team and not the one that first won champs league. Not many players have changed though as I tend to buy youngsters and try hold onto them.

You may find a large number of these players not in game at start though.

GK Ozkan Cem

DL Raffaele Moretti

DR Cor Gillis *

DC Sergio Lopez

DC Charalabos Konstantinous

DM Alberto Gallo

M Jorge Inostroza *

M Jacob Lensky *

AM Johan Iversen *

FC Marco Noble

FC Sean Lee

* In game from start

SPL Champions: East Stirlingshire

Scottish League Cup: East Stirlingshire

Challenge completed! icon_wink.gif

Season 2011/12

7 seasons.

My championship winning team:

Iain Turner

Henry Sobolewski

Geremi

Santiago Hernandez

Alain Schumacher

Steven Masterton

Andras Nagy

Pedro Perez

Ryan Wilkie

Craig Campbell

Romulo

----------------Turner-------------------

Geremi--Hernandez--Schumacher--Sobolewski

---------------Masterton-----------------

Wilkie-----------Perez---------------Nagy

---------Campbell---------Romulo---------

I guess I should continue this task until I win the Champions League???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was doing this challenge like this before I discovered this message board!

Here's how it's going:

I went up in consecutive seasons from Div 3 to SPL managing on free transfers (usually the good generated players). I came 4th in the SPL first season. This got me into the EURO Vase for the 5th season which we won. We also won the UEFA Cup in this season, beating Atletico Madrid in the final. We won the SPL that season as well, resisting the challenge of Dundee United.

My squad which won the SPL was, playing 3-5-2 attacking:

David McGurn (Morton)

David Mac Gregor (Morton)

Stephen Callaghan

Ivo Petkovic (Grue)

Johan Iversen (Grue)

Jacob Lensky (Celtic)

Chris Gibson ©

Matty Watson

Chris Watson

Steve McGarry (Motherwell)

Kyle Wilson

Those without a starting team are all quality generated players.

The next season, we we pipped by Celtic to the SPL, lost in the semis of the Champions League to Liverpool on penalties but won both domestic cups.

I added Dejan Petreski (GK), Brian Kristensen (Randers), Mamadou Sow (AS Douanes - SEN), Pablo Ore and Schmoller who I think others have mentioned are good and Anders Johansen (Rosenborg), as well as some quality youngsters.

Only now am I starting to get money, I have also tied up all my players to contracts without big club release clauses - how annoying is it when teams like Blackpool and Dundee United nick a player off you even when you are in the UEFA Cup!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived