FM2008-09 info required

Afternoon

On the old forum it was quite easy to find information on the older FM/CM games. However i am struggling to find any articles or help for the relatively recent 2007-08 game that i am still enjoying - 08-09 being teh first game i have missed since 1993!

Is it obvious where they are kept/discussed now, or does this new(ish) forum only talk about the newer games? Appreciate if someone can help point me in the right direction, especially now that in my game the finance section has a bug and is saying when i sell a player for 22 million i actually just paid the money. Its not urgent as i still get the money in the bank account, just not in my spending funds despite having 100% of transfer fee allowance.

Anyone help me? Search function, like always with FM forums old and new, is very very basic and poor

This forum is for all incarnations of the FM series. You probably can't find any FM08 threads because most old threads were cleared out early last year if I remember. Not very helpful I know, but you could just post up your own new threads asking about FM08.

Hello!

I'm playing FM2008 so I thought I'd post on this thread.

I used to play CM a lot, packed it in around 04, but bought '08 last year and finally got around to playing it a couple of months ago.

I've got a few questions - I don't know if they're exclusive to an unpatched '08 or if they apply to 09 and have been dicussed elsewhere, but I'll put them here anyway. Apologies if these are hoary old chestnuts that have been discussed to death.

One - negotiating for a player. I've had a problem where if I offer a lower amount than a club wants for a player, they'll come back with a price higher than their original one. eg, they want £10m, I offer £7. They come back and say they now want £12m. I offer the £10m they originally wanted and now they want £13.5m, and so on! I imagine this is in the game stop you chipping away with endless offers until you find a selling club's level, but it's quite annoying and has nothing to do with the way clubs behave in real life. Is this really a deliberate part of the game? Anyone overcome it?

Two - Training. The improvement/deterioration arrows on the training schedule screen bear no relation to the arrows on the more detailed individual training overview screen. eg, on the schedule screen it might say a player's ball control is plummeting, but on his overview all is quiet with no red arrows at all. What's going on there?

Three - Would you prioritise reputation or stats when hiring staff? Some World Class staff seem to have pretty crappy stats for the things they're meant to be world class in.

Four - fixture pile-up. This has been the most ridiculous aspect of my second season in FM08. I'm playing in the Euro Cup and have made it to the semis, which has meant an understandable bit of fixture rearrangement, but I'm not in any other cup competition. Yet I'm facing six games in the last eleven days of the season. Including three games in four days! Imagine if I was still in the FA Cup. That's got to be a game screw-up, surely?

Again, I appreciate that these are things probably widely discussed over a year ago, but any thoughts welcome.

Four - fixture pile-up. This has been the most ridiculous aspect of my second season in FM08. I'm playing in the Euro Cup and have made it to the semis, which has meant an understandable bit of fixture rearrangement, but I'm not in any other cup competition. Yet I'm facing six games in the last eleven days of the season. Including three games in four days! Imagine if I was still in the FA Cup. That's got to be a game screw-up, surely?

Hmm, evidently this one at least is pretty widespread. Mine sounds like a mild case.

Is it obvious where they are kept/discussed now, or does this new(ish) forum only talk about the newer games? Appreciate if someone can help point me in the right direction, especially now that in my game the finance section has a bug and is saying when i sell a player for 22 million i actually just paid the money. Its not urgent as i still get the money in the bank account, just not in my spending funds despite having 100% of transfer fee allowance.

hmmm...wasnt that a bug that was caused by an early crack? Im not sure but i remember reading about that.

Archived