seriously, give me a stadium expansion. its common sense.

i dont understand why my board wont update the stadium.

im now in 2013 with woking, and playing in the championship.

iv been filling out my stadium and selling all my season tickets every year for the last 3-4 years

at the start of the season i usually have about 2 million in the bank. but that very rapidly decreases over the season as im not making enough profit through gate receipts.

im still stuck in my 6000 capacity stadium, while all the other teams in the league and ones bellow have 3-4 times bigger stadiums.

and yet the board every season complain about a disappointing bank balance about 3 quarters of the way through the season.

ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU *******!

it cant be the money because they give me a very healthy transfer and season budget, yet continue to ignore the fact that we cant get any bigger until they increase the stadium or move?

is there anything i can do, or do i simply have to be patient?

i dont understand why my board wont update the stadium.

im now in 2013 with woking, and playing in the championship.

iv been filling out my stadium and selling all my season tickets every year for the last 3-4 years

at the start of the season i usually have about 2 million in the bank. but that very rapidly decreases over the season as im not making enough profit through gate receipts.

im still stuck in my 6000 capacity stadium, while all the other teams in the league and ones bellow have 3-4 times bigger stadiums.

and yet the board every season complain about a disappointing bank balance about 3 quarters of the way through the season.

ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU *******!

it cant be the money because they give me a very healthy transfer and season budget, yet continue to ignore the fact that we cant get any bigger until they increase the stadium or move?

is there anything i can do, or do i simply have to be patient?

Portsmouth first announced plans to expand Fratton Park some where around 1989 if memory serves me correctly. 19 years later and we are still trying to sort out planning permission for about he fifth or sixth different scheme.

Then again, I suppose we do have a large population squeazed into a very small space and surrounded by water, so perhaps we are not the best real life example.

Bottom line - as someone else said, it's a catch 22. You need a bigger stadium to earn more money, but you need more money to get a bigger stadium.

Even if you had the money, would Woking have a big enough population to warrant a 20-25k seat stadium?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Harper:

Start looking for a new job. I think your resume might get you something good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah Woking's my local team back home so I'll stick it out for as long as I can - I already turned down Newcastle and Cardiff before this season started. If I get promoted again this year [currently 10 points clear at the top of League One with a game in hand] then that'll be 3 promotions in 4 seasons. I really have no idea how I'm doing so ridiculously well, but it's the most rewarding save I have so I'm inclined to just get on with it anyways capacity or no capacity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Apocalypse:

Even better having played some 28 seasons at AC Milan i had my ground capacity upto about 115,000 when the board annouced they are building a new stadium for 404mill (san siro was sold for 394mill) with a new capacity of 100,000 ???

talk about money to waste </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Ac Milan couldn't sell their stadium because its jointly owned with Inter?

• 1 month later...

This is really annoying, I'm in the same Boat now with Braintree - 3 back to back promotions, £1.8m in the bank but 4000 capacity ground. I get 'no funds' when asking for the expansion - hell even the training facilities haven't been upgraded yet!

I guess you have 2 options, try the sacrifice one, OR try and get to the Prem, even if you go straight back down surely its worth well over £10m.

Its very frustratuing though, I'd be interested to hear from others who have taken small clubs to the top. DO you need to be making profit before they expand? My wage bill is only 30k a week at present, losing money but not much - should be in profit (month to month) next season.

Even without cash, if your chairman has the ambition and your club reputation is high enough, your stadium will get expanded via a loan.

I had a £3m loan with Oxford when in the Championship. The problems you've probably got is either with reputation (can be helped with a decent cup run) or your chairmans ambition.

As another user has said, you could try issuing an ultimatum. But it is a big risk for 6 years work.

I'm in a Bath City game now and we don't even own the stadium, the board is spending on youth facilities though icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Even if you had the money, would Woking have a big enough population to warrant a 20-25k seat stadium? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woking probably wouldn't, but with larger areas nearby, like Guildford, over time with prolonged success/league football, their fanbase would grow, I would have thought. They'd be the only league team in Surrey. However I imagine that most people in that area support Chelsea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roswellian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Apocalypse:

Even better having played some 28 seasons at AC Milan i had my ground capacity upto about 115,000 when the board annouced they are building a new stadium for 404mill (san siro was sold for 394mill) with a new capacity of 100,000 ???

I thought Ac Milan couldn't sell their stadium because its jointly owned with Inter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps they sold it TO Inter?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by roswellian:

quote:

Originally posted by Apocalypse:

talk about money to waste

I thought Ac Milan couldn't sell their stadium because its jointly owned with Inter?

Perhaps they sold it TO Inter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its infact owned by the city of milan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roswellian:

I thought Ac Milan couldn't sell their stadium because its jointly owned with Inter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In game Milan have one stadium and Inter another.

Archived