when should i retire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Im 21 and I reckon that if there are still Football Manager games being made in 20/30 years time i'll probably still be playing them then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

I'm 32, and enjoy them as much as I did when the 1st one came out, my mate is 34 and he still plays, although our respective girlfriends find us sad for getting wound up about "dots"... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My missus borrowed my laptop and played FM06 whilst I played FM07

Worryingly enough she played as Chelsea, signed Jimmy Bullard, her favourite player, and did remarkably well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shlaire0710:

well i am 30 with two kids under 2 and married, my wife says i am a saddo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does your wife know? If she watches Eastenders, Coronation Street etc, then you should be telling her she's sad icon_biggrin.gif

37 here and luv it to bits been playing since the first CM (93?) on the Atari ST! i always remember on the box the manager had a strange wonky finger pointing at you. im sure ive still got it somewhere....must get my old Atari ST out again...hmmmm

I was at a barbecue on Sunday and there were quite a few young lads there (I'm in the army). When we decided to leave my missus remarked that I wanted to go home and play computer games and one of the boys asked what I play. She told him Football Manager and he said 'Oh yeah? My mate's dad plays that.' icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not yet 32.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shlaire0710:

well i am 30 with two kids under 2 and married, my wife says i am a saddo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because she doesn't understand, mind you wor lass watches corrie, religiously, now that to me is really realy sad.

I mean why would anyone want to immerse themselves into something which is pure fantasy????

Oh..... icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

I'm 34. I'm not too old. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

I don't have as much time to play as I used to, but if I was single I would happily play for hours on end.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">I'm 32, and enjoy them as much as I did when the 1st one came out, my mate is 34 and he still plays, although our repsective girlfriends find us sad for getting wound up about "dots"... </pre>

Haha yeah, i always get excited when we score a cracking goal, my wife really doesn't see what i'm seeing!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

I'm 32, and enjoy them as much as I did when the 1st one came out, my mate is 34 and he still plays, although our repsective girlfriends find us sad for getting wound up about "dots"... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what happened there? Anyway, yeah i always get excited when we score a cracking goal, i shout to my wife "look at this, look look , look she really doesn't see what i'm looking at

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My missus borrowed my laptop and played FM06 whilst I played FM07

Worryingly enough she played as Chelsea, signed Jimmy Bullard, her favourite player, and did remarkably well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont want to sound like im being sexist but i find it hard to imagine a woman enjoying football manager. Actually are there any women contributing to this forum

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My missus borrowed my laptop and played FM06 whilst I played FM07

Worryingly enough she played as Chelsea, signed Jimmy Bullard, her favourite player, and did remarkably well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont want to sound like im being sexist but i find it hard to imagine a woman enjoying football manager. Actually are there any women contributing to this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few females frequent OTF, not sure if they play FM or not though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

Dont want to sound like im being sexist but i find it hard to imagine a woman enjoying football manager. Actually are there any women contributing to this forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My friends Girl plays FM almost as much as him. Shes not a laddish type of girl either (if that makes sense) .. she just lies football icon_smile.gif

I'm 23, I love this game, and i'll only stop playing it when they stop releasing it.

I've tried to get my girl involved, but she just doesn't understand it. "how can you be playing in 2016 when its only 2008. icon_rolleyes.gif

just turned 23, maybe i am getting too old for it. its like an addiction, i keep on getting frustrated at dots on a screen and end up being annoyed for a good few hours. then i go back and play some more, i cant expalin it.

I do have periods of time where i stop playing and go onto something else, but when i get bored i can always rely on fm08 to be there to pick me up and entertain me for a few weeks.

I have to say that fm05-fm06 combined with GTA San Andreas and alcohol ruined my university degree. Ended up getting a third instead of the 2:1 that was expected and easily attainable. I wonder if SI owe me any money for loss of earnings as a result of my poor degree classification.

I think its time to quit when i can no longer take Lancaster City from the Conference North Division all the way to 1st in the premier league in seven season. when thats no longer acheivable by me i will know its time to hang up the mouse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Techno-fear:

I'm 32, and enjoy them as much as I did when the 1st one came out, my mate is 34 and he still plays, although our repsective girlfriends find us sad for getting wound up about "dots"... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what happened there? Anyway, yeah i always get excited when we score a cracking goal, i shout to my wife "look at this, look look , look she really doesn't see what i'm looking at </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had a pound for everytime she said "They're just dots" I'd be a very wealthy man indeed.

She fails to understand how I can tell "that was a cracker of a goal" when they're just dots.

Archived