+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,300 of 7074

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Crouchy, you'll be happy to know you sound pretty much exactly as I expected

I liked the video, you do a good job of talking around it and keeping things interesting. One slight thing I'd say is it could have been split into two parts - I watched it in two sittings anyway, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about keeping the tab open.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Crouchy, you'll be happy to know you sound pretty much exactly as I expected

I liked the video, you do a good job of talking around it and keeping things interesting. One slight thing I'd say is it could have been split into two parts - I watched it in two sittings anyway, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about keeping the tab open.
    Hi SnakeXe. Thanks for the feedback!

I did think of splitting it into two parts but because it was a speed challenge I wanted to keep it all together, particularly as I wanted to post it as a reply video to the guy who originally set the challenge.

If I was going to do a normal video, I would probably do 15-20 mins as I think that is a long enough time really. But, as I say, due to it being a speed challenge, I felt it important to keep it all together.

Thanks for watching. 'Remember to like, favourite, subscribe!' ;) I'm just kidding btw! I find it funny when I hear people saying that on YouTube; it makes me laugh!

Reserves

When's your FM commentary going to appear, then, Crouchy? I'm excited!

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    When's your FM commentary going to appear, then, Crouchy? I'm excited!
    I will wait for something exciting to come up in my save really. I think maybe Rancer is right when he said that commentary should perhaps be after the event. I'm not sure yet.

I've also toyed with the idea of going back to my FM10 Saints save and doing a few videos with that. Especially some footage of Michel Vermeer, my record breaking Dutch goalscorer!

In other news, I've uploaded another video. This time I'm having a go at Lorgon111's Fast Start challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fpke...G2mmajhDpqZmE=

Lorgon111 (Brian) is my favourite Minecraft YouTuber and I had a lot of fun taking on his Fast Start challenge in this video.

First Team Squad Member

Sorry, I seem to have posted my video link starting at a specific time for some reason above. This is the link starting from the beginning of the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8fpkePL-Jo0

Youth Team

I've "liked and subscribed" to both you and Flamers. I might have to get in on the act - perhaps FM rather than Minecraft as I've not played that in a long time so I'll be crap and do stupid stuff and people will just ragequit my videos

Semi Pro

Why thank you

First Team Squad Member

Cheers SnakeXe.

Yeah, you should give it a go. I would definitely watch your videos with interest SnakeXe.

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

Random one...

Anybody recommend a decent Eastern European league that doesn't have a huge break either pre or mid season? I fancy starting somewhere new in the next few weeks but I know leagues like Poland have about three months off, which will get dull pretty quickly for me...

Failing that I'll just have to start in Germany, although I keep talking myself out of that one!

Semi Pro

There aren't any AFAIK. They all have it due to the harsh winters where it would be unrealistic to play football unless the stadium has under soil heating (which quite a few don't even in the top tier)

Banned

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...Sunshine-State!
    Would anyone be intrested in reading this?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    There aren't any AFAIK. They all have it due to the harsh winters where it would be unrealistic to play football unless the stadium has under soil heating (which quite a few don't even in the top tier)
    I thought that would be the case. Germany it is then! Cheers though.
    Last edited by withnail316; 19-04-2012 at 19:30.

Semi Pro

Withnail just as a warning, in the German 2nd tier I have a 3 month break

Semi Pro

Withnail just as a warning, in the German 2nd tier I have a 3 month break
    Ar*e biscuits.

Semi Pro

I have worked out why it takes 5 hours to upload a video to YouTube. We pay for 8Mb/s

We get:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.6 Mbps
    IP Profile for your line is - 7 Mbps

According to the official speedtester.

Semi Pro

Go on then, let's hear some ideas for my next game if that's ok. I'm after a:

league with a decent pyramid of lower divisions
    no huge breaks
    offers the chance to turn a small lower league club into a decent size top flight side
    fun to play that's not in the UK or Italy (my normal destinations)

All ideas greatly welcomed.

Cheers.

Reserves

Are you restricting yourself to European leagues?

Semi Pro

I'd planned to, but don't have to...

First Team Squad Member

What about Sweden? I mean, is their summer break huge? I don't know

They have a good pyramid of lower divisions though. I hear it's quite a challenge to get promoted through their lower leagues. And I've heard that it's a lot of fun.

I've often thought about starting a save there. Maybe I will at some point!

Semi Pro

Use a custom file?

Reserves

Brazil or Indonesia are quite fun to manage in. What both leagues lack are finances, especially in lower leagues. And obviously the quality of talent in Brazil is better than in Indonesia.

First Team Squad Member

What a miss!

Semi Pro

Cheers for the suggestions, folks. Might just have to do a South America based save...

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    What about Sweden? I mean, is their summer break huge? I don't know

They have a good pyramid of lower divisions though. I hear it's quite a challenge to get promoted through their lower leagues. And I've heard that it's a lot of fun.

I've often thought about starting a save there. Maybe I will at some point!
    They have a good pyramid of lower divisions. They have a break from early November to March in terms of league games. So quite a big gap, would be less if you progress further in European competitions. The summer break can either be non existant or be a month long depending on any international competitions.

Really fun country to play in though.

Semi Pro

Unfortunately due to near enough everything getting in my way I haven't been on able to get on these threads much, well at all really. It was towards the end of the Quiz that things were popping up every bloody minute.

I just came on to let SnakeXe and Deisler26? (I'm sure it was these two, more might have contributed if so you as well) that I'm doing the Swimmathon this Monday/Tuesday (I know it's not the official dates but my local baths aren't doing it on the days I can do it, if that makes sense?)

Anyway, I'm doing the 2.5miles (I think thats what I said) next week. I will try and get on to let you know how I got on, I just didn't want you thinking you'd thrown away money or what not because you haven't. So yeah again, massive thanks for the contribution and I will let you know if I manage to do it.

P.S. I started swimming on a weekly basis to get myself ready for it. Then stopped and haven't been for a good month or two, so yeah. I'm hoping my natural fitness gets me through it ;)

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Unfortunately due to near enough everything getting in my way I haven't been on able to get on these threads much, well at all really. It was towards the end of the Quiz that things were popping up every bloody minute.

I just came on to let SnakeXe and Deisler26? (I'm sure it was these two, more might have contributed if so you as well) that I'm doing the Swimmathon this Monday/Tuesday (I know it's not the official dates but my local baths aren't doing it on the days I can do it, if that makes sense?)

Anyway, I'm doing the 2.5miles (I think thats what I said) next week. I will try and get on to let you know how I got on, I just didn't want you thinking you'd thrown away money or what not because you haven't. So yeah again, massive thanks for the contribution and I will let you know if I manage to do it.

P.S. I started swimming on a weekly basis to get myself ready for it. Then stopped and haven't been for a good month or two, so yeah. I'm hoping my natural fitness gets me through it ;)
    Cool man, you'd better drag yourself over the line! Haha. You should be alright in all honesty - I'd have a swim or two over the weekend though for sure. I swam for about a year and a half most weeks then stopped for a couple of months and went back to it. Was back up to my previous pace within a couple of sessions.

Third Team

Looking forward to seeing my money go to good use..

Can I get some feedback on my thread here please. I want to make it better for people to read. I think I need to learn how to take screen-shots of smaller parts of the screen so the whole screen ones don't take us so much space. I probably need to write better too. My English isn't perfect but I think I can do a better job than I have. I would appreciate any feedback on any aspect. Thanks. http://community.sigames.com/showthr...I-have-a-Dream!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post

What a miss!
    OMG!!!!! Reminds me of 1min 24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mHiQNuhWVo

Amateur

Quick question, if managing a nation that is ranked really low like San Marino for instance, if you produce some decent results and raise the reputation does the nation grow at all? and do you see better players coming through the ranks as youth because of this?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Chessari View Post
    Quick question, if managing a nation that is ranked really low like San Marino for instance, if you produce some decent results and raise the reputation does the nation grow at all? and do you see better players coming through the ranks as youth because of this?
    To sum it up yes but it takes a long time

First Team Squad Member

Twitter is a funny place.

The other day I made the following tweet to someone managing Stevenage on FM12: 'Uggggh, Stevenage? Blurrrgh! *uncontrollable projectile vomiting*'

Next day, I have Stevenage Conservative Future following me on Twitter. It is apparently a group for Conservative Party members under 30 in Stevenage. What on earth made them follow me?

Hi guys can someone please tell me how to post screenshots of small sections of the screen (e.g. fixtures or a news message only) rather than the whole of it please? I think I need to start a new game because my current one has been ruined by the add/remove league bug which has slowed it down too much. I want to format it better this time to make it easier to read/follow.

Thanks

Semi Pro

Niebiescy use paint to cut the bit you want out of the image.

I don't want to sound like an idiot but I have never used paint before. What do I click on in paint to open the cut function. Sorry for the stupid question

Semi Pro

In Win7 its "Select"

You could always paste the image into word or powerpoint instead. Crop there works in a much similar way and you can just right click on ppt to save the image as whatever filetype you desire.

Third Team

Did anybody watch the A-League grand final? Perth were robbed. :mad:

Amateur

It wasn't a penalty, but you can't say Brisbane didn't deserve the win, they played them off the park! I reckon they would have won in extra time, especially with Perth a man down

Third Team

Yeah but if Perth had managed to hang on until penalties, anything could have happened. Berisha was offside too!

Amateur

True, but considering how well Brisbane tend to finish games (beating Sydney after being down 1-0 at 90 minutes, beating Gold Coast in the final 10 minute after being down, coming back against Heart, Victory and others, not to mention Central Coast last year), I still think they would have been too strong. To be fair, it DID look like a penalty at first, and it isn't until the close up you see it's an air swing. I don't think many people would not have given it on first impression. As for Berisha being offside, wasn't Mehmet offside when he set up the goal last week? ;) They were both pretty line ball, but I haven't seen a good enough replay yet.

It's just unfortunate the Grand Final had to end like that, but the better team won.

Edit - Just saw a better replay for the offside, yep definite offside. Only excuse for the ref is that it happened too fast, almost one motion. It's a bit hard to judge something like that in real time.
    Last edited by Scarman; 23-04-2012 at 05:22.

Third Team

Just watched your video Crouchy - great first vid. MUCH better/more interesting than the majority of MC vids I've watched with 10 times the views. I'd watch more MC ones definitely.

As for FM videos - I literally couldn't think of anything more dull than watching someone play FM

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Just watched your video Crouchy - great first vid. MUCH better/more interesting than the majority of MC vids I've watched with 10 times the views. I'd watch more MC ones definitely.
    That's very kind of you to say Iacovone!

I've made a few more videos which I'll be uploading soon. I think I'm getting better at talking to myself whilst playing. I've found it quite fun. It's something I'll probably do a bit of in the future but mainly for challenges or CTM maps!

BTW, have you seen my career thread? There is a small nod in your direction in the second post.

Third Team

That's very kind of you to say Iacovone!

I've made a few more videos which I'll be uploading soon. I think I'm getting better at talking to myself whilst playing. I've found it quite fun. It's something I'll probably do a bit of in the future but mainly for challenges or CTM maps!

BTW, have you seen my career thread? There is a small nod in your direction in the second post.
    I haven't! I'll head there right away

First Team Squad Member

I'm currently reading Jonathan Wilson's book on Brian Clough. It's great stuff. Actually more addictive to read than Inverting to be honest.

It's really making me crave an FM save in England though. Really badly! I want the humble beginnings at Hartlepools United, the big opportunity to manage at Derby County and so on and so forth. Perhaps not the same clubs exactly but you get the idea!

Funny how a book can sometimes influence you in such a way. Especially when it comes to FM though as I've always ended up being inspired by reading football books and then starting a new FM save!

Third Team

I'm currently reading Jonathan Wilson's book on Brian Clough. It's great stuff. Actually more addictive to read than Inverting to be honest.

It's really making me crave an FM save in England though. Really badly! I want the humble beginnings at Hartlepools United, the big opportunity to manage at Derby County and so on and so forth. Perhaps not the same clubs exactly but you get the idea!

Funny how a book can sometimes influence you in such a way. Especially when it comes to FM though as I've always ended up being inspired by reading football books and then starting a new FM save!
    Absolutely Crouchy. Remember how we so nearly got the Eastern Europe save underway? That was all down to Behind the Curtain by Mr Wilson. I'm reading Graham Hunter's book on Barca at the moment - it's been a great read so far. Also have the Clough book waiting for me too.

First Team Squad Member

Twitter is a funny place.

The other day I made the following tweet to someone managing Stevenage on FM12: 'Uggggh, Stevenage? Blurrrgh! *uncontrollable projectile vomiting*'

Next day, I have Stevenage Conservative Future following me on Twitter. It is apparently a group for Conservative Party members under 30 in Stevenage. What on earth made them follow me?
    I am sure if you mention certain words then some people/bots end up following you. I think I mentioned monster munch and the monster munch bot retweeted me and followed me!

First Team Squad Member

Absolutely Crouchy. Remember how we so nearly got the Eastern Europe save underway? That was all down to Behind the Curtain by Mr Wilson. I'm reading Graham Hunter's book on Barca at the moment - it's been a great read so far. Also have the Clough book waiting for me too.
    I'm still waiting on you for that! Still up for trying it some time? I now have a decent enough PC to load then leagues!

The Clough book is the best of Wilson's stuff so far, in my opinion. I've found his style in the past to be a bit dry but the Clough book is gripping. Maybe it's just because the stories are so good!

Are you going to come back to FMCU some time soon and start a new career thread? You've left us all for your buddies over at CSE!

I am sure if you mention certain words then some people/bots end up following you. I think I mentioned monster munch and the monster munch bot retweeted me and followed me!
    Another Stevenage Twitter account decided to follow me after I clarified that I hate both Stevenage and Conservatives.

I'll try tweeting about monster munch now and see what happens.

Youth Team

Can you imagine the thread in GD if the Barca v Chelsea tie happened in FM?

"OMG this game is sooooo broken!!!!11

"I was playing Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final and we dominated them all first half and hit the bar from a one-on-one but then their 34-year-old rubbish veteran striker who has barely scored all season got one in first half injury time!!!

"So I thought OK we'll get them at home, we've won pretty much every game there, and we started well but missed even more one-on-ones (MY WORLD CLASS STRIKER WHO NEVER MISSES :mad and then we finally scored and they had their centre-back sent off, then we scored another and we were all over them and should have got another but then for some reason they broke and their stupid midfielder playing out of position with longshots of 9 scored a 25-yard chip, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT?!?!

"Then we had like 80% possession in the second half and my world-class striker who never misses missed a penalty and then there was a goal disallowed for offside EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T HERE'S THE SCREENSHOT

"So yeah this game is rubbish, I'm never playing it again, I'll never buy another FM until you fix everything that's wrong with it because it's a joke and I want my mummy"

Reserves

Someone did a thread like that after the first leg.

Semi Pro

Interesting, however I'm clueless why so many porn stars are following me...

Semi Pro

I'm reading that book as well, a compelling and inspiring story of football.

Third Team

I'm still waiting on you for that! Still up for trying it some time? I now have a decent enough PC to load then leagues!

The Clough book is the best of Wilson's stuff so far, in my opinion. I've found his style in the past to be a bit dry but the Clough book is gripping. Maybe it's just because the stories are so good!

Are you going to come back to FMCU some time soon and start a new career thread? You've left us all for your buddies over at CSE!
    I am certainly thinking about it. But having invested so much time in my Novese file, I kind of want to keep that career world going. That's not to say I couldn't turn it into a career and retire my manager and start say, I don't know....in Eastern Europe? ;)

First Team Squad Member

Trouble with that, Iacovone, is that I've heard that there are all sorts of problems with the add/remove league feature and that it can potentially ruin your save in the long-term.

I think AB will know more than I do. I seem to recall him talking about it in here and also on GD at some point.

Big fan of your Novese career btw. That attacking 4-4-2 with AMR/AML has certainly got you knocking the goals in! What philosophy do you use with that, out of interest? Last time I read one of your updates, I was pretty impressed with the goals for column!

I'm due a Perugia update today. I've finished off my most exciting season on FM12 so far.

Semi Pro

Thoughts?

Third Team

What do you fellas do when youth candidate comes around? In regards to scouting other clubs etc...

First Team Squad Member

Looks good Flamers.

Semi Pro

I just accept what I get and carry on (@hursty)

Thanks Crouchy

First Team Squad Member

It seems like the add/remove league feature can be a bit dodgy on some games. It adds a huge amount of unneeded players to the save peoples game have increased from 50,000 players to 200,000 players by adding a few leagues. There are some stats somewhere in GD, even SI acknowledged it and said they are looking into it. Pretty poor that such a big new feature would be so bugged. I added a few league but also took a few away and by 2021 my game had gone from 47,000 players to 156,000 players making it terribly slow.

First Team Squad Member

That's pretty terrible AB. I will be staying away from that feature then, for sure, as it sounds terribly bugged at the moment.

What about removing leagues though? Does that have a potentially harmful impact too?

On another subject, when posting about individual games (say the final of a competition or a massive league match that decides a title) in your career thread, I was wondering what people prefer? Do you like watching a YouTube video of the goals? Or do you prefer seeing the match stats via some screenshots? What's the general consensus? I've mainly been uploading videos lately but I'm not sure whether that's a better way to do things than posting up stats tbh.

First Team Squad Member

I love watching videos of games and upload quite a few goals.

Removing leagues is sound enough as far as I can tell.

Anyone playing anything other than FM? I won a free copy of Prototype 2 on twitter so will be on that in the next few days, just seen there is a Game of Thrones RPG as well which could be great but I haven't got my hopes up too much for it. The TV show and the books are brilliant.

Reserves

Was adding a load of leagues back ready to revive the old save (as that managed tokeep the runtime errors at bay for a bit every time I did) but while I was leaning against it anyway that pretty much sealed my decision not to as I was probably heading for more trouble whereas I could enjoy my prefered larger setup on my current FM11 save. Civ V caught my attention briefly for the first time in months late on last week.

Semi Pro

I play MC, Gotham City imposters and anything that takes my fancy

First Team Squad Member

I love watching videos of games and upload quite a few goals.
    Cool. Well, maybe I'll stick with uploading vids for now. I guess for really big games, there is no reason I couldn't start doing both tbh!

Removing leagues is sound enough as far as I can tell.
    That's good then. It's possible that I may remove a league or two in the future if it looks like I'm not going to end up managing there.

Anyone playing anything other than FM? I won a free copy of Prototype 2 on twitter so will be on that in the next few days, just seen there is a Game of Thrones RPG as well which could be great but I haven't got my hopes up too much for it. The TV show and the books are brilliant.
    Other than FM, I have mainly been playing a bit of Minecraft, as usual!

I haven't fired up Skyrim for ages. I really need to play a bit more as I still have loads of the main quests to do!

I've also been playing some Terraria recently. That's a really fun game but I haven't fired it up for about a week.

I recently bought Legends of Grimrock when it was on offer but have only loaded it up for a quick look around. Will start playing that properly at some point!

First Team Squad Member

I liked completing the main quest in Skyrim thought it was great fun, not played it for a while now but I will do because I want to create and mould my character for the DLC.

First Team Squad Member

Any idea what the DLC is? Will it be coming any time soon?

First Team Squad Member

No idea to be honest, I really hope we will get another area to explore like the Shivering Isles DLC from Oblivion. A lot of talk that the areas from previous games are kind of in the Skyrim map but it would be extremely ambitious to allow us to go to these places.

Semi Pro

Or maybe multiplayer... *I can dream*

Third Team

Trouble with that, Iacovone, is that I've heard that there are all sorts of problems with the add/remove league feature and that it can potentially ruin your save in the long-term.

I think AB will know more than I do. I seem to recall him talking about it in here and also on GD at some point.

Big fan of your Novese career btw. That attacking 4-4-2 with AMR/AML has certainly got you knocking the goals in! What philosophy do you use with that, out of interest? Last time I read one of your updates, I was pretty impressed with the goals for column!

I'm due a Perugia update today. I've finished off my most exciting season on FM12 so far.
    I've had no problem with the adding of leagues on my Novese file. That said, I am only a season on from adding them.

As for the formation - it's a rigid framework with attacking mentality. Never change the framework, occasionally go to standard if we need to hold on in games. It's a massive possession based tactic. Plenty of patience, narrow, high-line, lots of pressing. One winger's an IF, the other is a winger. It does help that I have two World Player of the Year's in my side though .

Third Team

On another note - Crouchy (or any other minecrafters) - have you played the Tekkit mods? I'm currently getting stuck into a new world playing with tekkit and on peaceful and just learning the ropes really. It seems ridiculously complicated but I'm enjoying working out what I can build and automate!

Semi Pro

I dislike mods that change the core game but thats my opinion

Youth Team

Is that the technic pack stuff? I tried to understand it but I gave up.

Anyone watch Athletic v Sporting last night? Awesome game. Athletic's movement and attacking play was spectacular at times, they could easily have gotten 5 or 6 with a bit more luck. Llorente is a monster, Andy Carroll should watch him closely - that's how he should be looking to play. He's got the attributes as well, IMO.

First Team Squad Member

I've had no problem with the adding of leagues on my Novese file. That said, I am only a season on from adding them.
    I've not tried it myself. What I said before was just based on what I have read. Hopefully, there will be no problem with your save. Fingers crossed.

As for the formation - it's a rigid framework with attacking mentality. Never change the framework, occasionally go to standard if we need to hold on in games. It's a massive possession based tactic. Plenty of patience, narrow, high-line, lots of pressing. One winger's an IF, the other is a winger. It does help that I have two World Player of the Year's in my side though .
    Sounds good to me!

First Team Squad Member

On another note - Crouchy (or any other minecrafters) - have you played the Tekkit mods? I'm currently getting stuck into a new world playing with tekkit and on peaceful and just learning the ropes really. It seems ridiculously complicated but I'm enjoying working out what I can build and automate!
    I'm kind of the same really in that I prefer vanilla Minecraft.

Maybe one day I'll try mods if I ever get a bit bored with the game but I can't see it happening for a long time!

The technic/tekkit mod does look interesting though. I guess with mods, I dislike stuff that changes the game dramatically, as then it seems that it ceases to be Minecraft any more.

Semi Pro

I absolutely love the tekkit mods. It adds so much to the game, making it much more interesting to play. They are difficult to get your head around at first but once you get used to it it's absolutely fantastic.

Third Team

Anyone watch Athletic v Sporting last night? Awesome game. Athletic's movement and attacking play was spectacular at times, they could easily have gotten 5 or 6 with a bit more luck. Llorente is a monster, Andy Carroll should watch him closely - that's how he should be looking to play. He's got the attributes as well, IMO.
    Yes I sort of agree. I didn't see the game last night, just the highlights but thoroughly enjoy watching Bilbao - as I'm sure every football fan does - and it looked like Llorente was at his best. I don't think Carroll has the same goalscoring instinct he has but I certainly agree that he could learn a lot from him. Carroll is rare in that no matter who he plays for and at what level, he has a set of attributes that make him entirely unique (cue 'yep, he's utter crap' jokes ) and those will always make him a useful striker for me. If he can harness them for pure footballing devastation, he'll be brilliant!

I'm kind of the same really in that I prefer vanilla Minecraft.

Maybe one day I'll try mods if I ever get a bit bored with the game but I can't see it happening for a long time!

The technic/tekkit mod does look interesting though. I guess with mods, I dislike stuff that changes the game dramatically, as then it seems that it ceases to be Minecraft any more.
    Totally know where you're coming from. It does change the game and the way you play it - see me playing on peaceful as an example! I guess I'm still mining and crafting though - just in much more efficient ways ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    I absolutely love the tekkit mods. It adds so much to the game, making it much more interesting to play. They are difficult to get your head around at first but once you get used to it it's absolutely fantastic.
    Yeah it took me ages to work out what was going on. My first attempt was abysmal and I've since turned to Duncan from the Yogscast for his walkthrough series. It's helped me understand just what I should be doing, what order I should be doing things in and building a reasonably nice set-up.

Semi Pro

Yeah it took me ages to work out what was going on. My first attempt was abysmal and I've since turned to Duncan from the Yogscast for his walkthrough series. It's helped me understand just what I should be doing, what order I should be doing things in and building a reasonably nice set-up.
    Yer his walkthrough is really helpful because it is quite easy to be overwhelmed when you start in a world and you just don't know where to begin. He gives you some idea of what you should be doing next.

Youth Team

Yes I sort of agree. I didn't see the game last night, just the highlights but thoroughly enjoy watching Bilbao - as I'm sure every football fan does - and it looked like Llorente was at his best. I don't think Carroll has the same goalscoring instinct he has but I certainly agree that he could learn a lot from him. Carroll is rare in that no matter who he plays for and at what level, he has a set of attributes that make him entirely unique (cue 'yep, he's utter crap' jokes ) and those will always make him a useful striker for me. If he can harness them for pure footballing devastation, he'll be brilliant!
    Arguably Llorente didn't look like a goalscorer for a couple of seasons after breaking through - he certainly didn't have great figures. Really, a lot worse than Carroll even this season - four in his first full season, then just two in 23 games the next. From January 2010 til January 2011 Carroll was spectacularly good, and scored lots of goals - a much longer period of good form than Llorente ever managed early in his career.*

I guess what I'm saying is that a very similar player who is roundly admired now had a far worse start to his career than Carroll did, but now nobody would blink an eye if £35m were shelled out on him. I was gutted when Carroll left us, even at that price. Now a fair bit of that is cause he's a Geordie number 9 and it's just in my DNA to love one of them. However, completely objectively speaking, I thought we'd lost not only our only Premier League quality forward, but a potentially world-class forward. I really see a lot of Carroll in Llorente, and vice versa, especially the way they win the ball so effortlessly in the air - usually on the chest, with the second touch being a neat pass for a supporting player - and think he can definitely reach that level if he has the mental strength to do so.

Llorente had maybe a couple of advantages over Carroll in that he never had the pressure of a huge transfer fee, and was at Athletic, where they'll give any young player with a shred of talent a real chance due to their philosophy. If that sort of environment can be cultivated for Carroll then perhaps we'll have our own international class English-style centre forward for the first time since Shearer.

*(A bit of an aside as it gets in the way of my point a bit by waffling) I remember being worried in the summer that he wouldn't cut it in the Premier League and we'd go down again because we couldn't score, then I watched our first game away against Man Utd. We lost 3-0, but Carroll was magnificent. He absolutely schooled Vidic, one of the toughest centre-backs in the air in the league, time and time again. The only problem was fatty Nolan having a heart attack trying to get anywhere near him for support. Even though he only really had one chance to score and missed it, I knew then he'd be plenty good enough to keep us up, which he was. I didn't quite realise he'd be as good as he was though - he bullied defenders, had great touch, was deceptively quick across the ground, and had a great eye for goal.

First Team Squad Member

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...eagues-problem...

Thread about the add/remove leagues stuff if anyone is interested.

Interesting thread. SI should adress this asap imo seeing as Neil posted I'm sure they are looking into it. Long save killer.

Semi Pro

The high player count thing has been there since 11 at least, the add leagues just makes it a greater problem. IIRC in Iceland I started with 40k odd and ended at 150k+

Reserves

Well, there are a lot of long cold nights in Iceland.

First Team Squad Member

First Team Regular

Wow, TFC is just awful.

As I guess you'd expect an 0-6 team to be.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Wow, TFC is just awful.

As I guess you'd expect an 0-6 team to be.
    Not looking good against RSL...

Reserves

Extra time is cruel...

Youth Team

Whitecaps just won ;) hehehe

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Extra time is cruel...
    TFC's defending is like a lot of my FM teams.

Brian Dunseth (RSL's color commentator) was repeatedly incredulous at how abysmal TFC is when it comes to defending.

First Team Squad Member

Decision making time! I'm at a crossroads in my career.

Should I stay or should I go? http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7779107

Any advice appreciated guys!

Reserves

Go for it.

First Team Squad Member

Third Team

NOOOOOOOO!

Keep talking abotu Redknapp. They'll tank until the end of the season then!!!

First Team Squad Member

I'll be happy with Roy. Always been a fan of him.

Better choice for England than Harry, in my opinion.

Reserves

I agree, Harry's simply a media darling. Not to say he's not a decent manager, but he's so overhyped. Roy has far more going for him in his career.

First Team Squad Member

I'm backing Roy, for sure. I hope he is a great success. Fully behind his appointment if it goes ahead.

Youth Team

hodgson over arry anyday for me

Youth Team

I really hope Hodgson is a success because I think he's a gentleman and a very astute maanger, but I don't think he will be. His methods are based around meticulous preparation and repetition of drills in training. He won't have the time with the players to do this with England. I think it's another Gasperini at Inter scenario - appointing any old good manager without really thinking it through.

Youth Team

the more i think about it the happier i am with Roy, he has the experience at all levels

Youth Team

What about the issue to do with his methods I raised above?

Youth Team

What about the issue to do with his methods I raised above?
    He managed it with switzerland and guided them to 3rd in the FIFA Rankings, and nearly lead finland to Euro 2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast