+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 7108

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Did you lock the terms up?
    Nope, I never considered it. It was just odd that I'd agreed terms with him but he always changed it.

I did consider changing the minimum fee to £0 though.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Nope, I never considered it. It was just odd that I'd agreed terms with him but he always changed it.

I did consider changing the minimum fee to £0 though.
    I find that sometimes if you keep putting the lower price in, they accept it.

Semi Pro

I find that sometimes if you keep putting the lower price in, they accept it.
    Next time I will try locking it and seeing what their re-action is. It was just odd that I always accepted his terms but yet he always wanted to change it, resulting in him getting bored.

Semi Pro

As I am loathe to use the GD forum, I will ask here, my favourite forum.

I have noticed my current career game has automatically been patched to 12.1. Is this the first FM to do this? From memory all previous FM's have required a new game to be started before the patch took effect.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    As I am loathe to use the GD forum, I will ask here, my favourite forum.

I have noticed my current career game has automatically been patched to 12.1. Is this the first FM to do this? From memory all previous FM's have required a new game to be started before the patch took effect.
    No, they didn't. You could patch at any time and all the changes would take effect, just not the rosters.

Reserves

Not everything would take effect, but most would. It's always been like this, saves are always compatible between patches. But to fully take advantage of a new patch it's best to start a new save. It's why many don't buy the game until February-March and start their careers then, when the third patch has typically come out.

GD is brutal. It's like it's Rant Day in the kindergarten. Except it's every day

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Not everything would take effect, but most would. It's always been like this, saves are always compatible between patches. But to fully take advantage of a new patch it's best to start a new save. It's why many don't buy the game until February-March and start their careers then, when the third patch has typically come out.

GD is brutal. It's like it's Rant Day in the kindergarten. Except it's every day
    Haha having played every single SI game in depth since 1993, I have never noticed this before. Sometimes I am an airhead.

Youth Team

Spot on...which is why I never venture in there!

Reserves

GD isn't that bad guys. Just don't go in any threads that when you hover over them start with, "I've been playing FM for" or "I've been playing FM since" as 9 times out of 10 they are rants about how this shouldn't happen and this shouldn't happen. Then despite others saying it happens in real life, that's why it's in FM, they still don't back down .

Reserves

I hadn't been in there much since getting FM12, but sometimes venture in there as its good for a laugh.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    GD isn't that bad guys. Just don't go in any threads.
    Totally agree with that.

Reserves

Having actually taken care of kindergarten kids for a couple years I would say that taking care of kindergarten kids >>>>>>>>> posting into GD threads.

I'm happy to see that there's so many threads in FMCU, I would have to say CSE hasn't been as busy as before...

Reserves

I can now see why daf gave his moderator status up in GD .

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Having actually taken care of kindergarten kids for a couple years I would say that taking care of kindergarten kids >>>>>>>>> posting into GD threads.

I'm happy to see that there's so many threads in FMCU, I would have to say CSE hasn't been as busy as before...
    Don't even know what CSE is shortened for, but going to assume it's the stories forum. I've never really gotten that idea tbh. Seems a bit pointless to write long essays about your team instead of actually playing the game

World Cup Winner

CSE is challenges, sign ups and experiments. Some of it is story based, but a lot of it is game based, like this forum.

Third Team

Don't even know what CSE is shortened for, but going to assume it's the stories forum. I've never really gotten that idea tbh. Seems a bit pointless to write long essays about your team instead of actually playing the game
    I love the idea, I just run out of steam in my ideas...

Semi Pro

I know to create screenshots and upload - my career thread has enough of them after all - but I notice the quality of my screens is lacking in comparison to others. How do I improve them?

Reserves

I see some of the same in many other threads too, and it's quite frustrating really as it's so hard to see what's actually in the shots. The problem is that the forum resizes all in-forum images to 800 width, so when yours are in about 1 million pixels wide ( ) it's hard to see what's in them. I find it's good to resize the window (if you are playing in windowed) to something small so the pictures are coming up properly. That way half the picture won't be empty space too, like in many league tables. They way I've done it is to have the un-maximised window at 1024x768 for when taking screenshots. Then I can just double-click the top titlebar to get the window to maximise for play-time. Works quite nice.

See you are using the player section with lots of into too. That has the downside of making it rather hard to see the attributes, which is at least what I look for in those pictures. Probably better to use the attribute screen instead of the profile.

Hope that helps.

Semi Pro

I see some of the same in many other threads too, and it's quite frustrating really as it's so hard to see what's actually in the shots. The problem is that the forum resizes all in-forum images to 800 width, so when yours are in about 1 million pixels wide ( ) it's hard to see what's in them. I find it's good to resize the window (if you are playing in windowed) to something small so the pictures are coming up properly. That way half the picture won't be empty space too, like in many league tables. They way I've done it is to have the un-maximised window at 1024x768 for when taking screenshots. Then I can just double-click the top titlebar to get the window to maximise for play-time. Works quite nice.

See you are using the player section with lots of into too. That has the downside of making it rather hard to see the attributes, which is at least what I look for in those pictures. Probably better to use the attribute screen instead of the profile.

Hope that helps.
    I had windowed mode on so have minimised - result is MUCH better. Thanks

Have a look at my latest update for the results.

World Cup Winner

My wife managed to spill a glass of red wine on my laptop last night

I now have a horrible wait while someone looks at it, I'm praying it is just a blown fuse. I can't really afford to replace it, so is it wrong that the thing I'm most worried about is losing my FM save?

Third Team

Definitely not, that's all I was bothered about when mine carked it.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post

I now have a horrible wait while someone looks at it, I'm praying it is just a blown fuse. I can't really afford to replace it, so is it wrong that the thing I'm most worried about is losing my FM save?
    Only thing wrong would be if you were not bothered about the save!

You clearly have your priorities right

Youth Team

Definitely not! That's all I was worried about too when mine went. Unfortunately I lost my saves too , hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

As DazRTaylor said, you definitely have your priorities right .

Third Team

Reserves

Judge: "Why have you filed for divorce, sir?"

Dafuge: "My wife spilled a glass of red whine into my laptop, which killed off my FM saves."

Judge: "Err. What?"

On a serious note, hope you manage to save it. Terrible way for a career to end.

Semi Pro

The way I do screenies is windowed mode, re-sizing the window to squeeze as much text as possible instead of blank spaces, and then crop the images in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You don't get wasted space this way.

Dafuge: even if your laptop is ruined, your hard drive should probably be alright and you should be able to recover the information in it, including the all-important FM save. Who cares about the actual expensive piece of hardware laptop heh?

Youth Team

hasnt fm been mentioned in divorce cases before lol Its so unreal you could end up on judge judy

Youth Team

btw how do you do screen shots from the game? I usually prnt scrn and paste into paint.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Dafuge: even if your laptop is ruined, your hard drive should probably be alright and you should be able to recover the information in it, including the all-important FM save. Who cares about the actual expensive piece of hardware laptop heh?
    I'm fairly sure the hard drive is fine, so I should be able to recover my stuff. The timing was awful though, just when I'd started my holidays and had loads of time to play FM

I really hope my laptop can be fixed. It was a couple of years old but it was quite expensive new so I can't really afford to replace it. It will mean downgrading if I have to get a new one

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    btw how do you do screen shots from the game? I usually prnt scrn and paste into paint.
    Alt+F9 is the default shortcut I believe. Which is pretty terrible so I have remapped it to Ctrl+F12. You can check all shortcuts and make new ones in the settings somewhere.

Semi Pro

Alt+F9 is the default shortcut I believe. Which is pretty terrible so I have remapped it to Ctrl+F12. You can check all shortcuts and make new ones in the settings somewhere.
    lolwut? Why should CTRL+F12 should be any better than ALT+F9? Major OCD alert there.

Worth mentioning that the screenies then get automatically saved in the My Documents\Sports Interactive\FM 2012\screenshots folder, and that you can set them up to save them as PNG, JPG or whatever you like. Personally I go the extra effort by saving them as PNG and them converting to JPG in an image processing program with the level of compression I want, which is the best possible compromise between bandwidth and image quality. A bit of a hassle but I feel it's worth it, I like to post loads of pictures and don't want my thread taking ages to load, neither I want the text to look sh*t and nearly unreadable.

It depends on how much effort you're bothered to take, really. In another forum I am people often make special banners and use photoshop templates they create to show every single game result, now that's effort and something I wouldn't want to waste my time with.

Youth Team

I'm fairly sure the hard drive is fine, so I should be able to recover my stuff. The timing was awful though, just when I'd started my holidays and had loads of time to play FM

I really hope my laptop can be fixed. It was a couple of years old but it was quite expensive new so I can't really afford to replace it. It will mean downgrading if I have to get a new one
    Was it switched on when she spilled it? If not it'll be fine, if it was then it's a lottery really.

A couple of years ago I took apart my missus' old laptop to see if I could work out why a couple of the buttons had stopped working. Underneath the keyboard was this disgusting, sticky brown scum all over the PCB the buttons were mounted on. Turns out she'd spilled cup after cup of coffee over it during its lifetime and it had worked fine until then. Cleaned it off and it was back to normal. My psyche remains scarred.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Was it switched on when she spilled it? If not it'll be fine, if it was then it's a lottery really.

A couple of years ago I took apart my missus' old laptop to see if I could work out why a couple of the buttons had stopped working. Underneath the keyboard was this disgusting, sticky brown scum all over the PCB the buttons were mounted on. Turns out she'd spilled cup after cup of coffee over it during its lifetime and it had worked fine until then. Cleaned it off and it was back to normal. My psyche remains scarred.
    That's amazing. I can picture your petrified face as she said "oh, I may have spilled a few cups of coffee on it".

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post

It was turned off, but it was plugged in.

Youth Team

Then I'd imagine the damage will be to the PSU and everything else is fine. I can't say for sure how easy it'll be to replace that, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't simple enough. So long as the rest of the components are dried and cleaned well you should get away with it.

World Cup Winner

There wasn't much liquid inside it, so I'm hoping the problem is just power related. The laptop is completely dead, no lights show at all. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

On a positive note, I've managed to get hold of my save game, so if I do need to repalce it at least I'll be able to continue my game.
    Last edited by dafuge; 19-12-2011 at 14:30.

Amateur

I'm interested to know what everyone thinks of having videos highlights in updates? I've put a couple in my thread but I'm never sure whether they are all that well received. What do you prefer; screenshots and descriptions, videos or a mixture?

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    lolwut? Why should CTRL+F12 should be any better than ALT+F9? Major OCD alert there.
    Because then it's very easy to quickly take screenshots of my players at the end of each season. Ctrl + right arrow cycles through them and Ctrl + F12 takes a picture. So I just hold down Ctrl all the time and cycle through with one finger and take pictures with another. It works well for me. Could of course use one button, but then I'd have to figure out a free one and I couldn't be arsed with that. Alt+F9 is terribly though as it's too far apart to easily do with one hand.

World Cup Winner

My laptop needs a new motherboard

Youth Team

Bad news

Reserves

Oh. That's a bummer

World Cup Winner

Looks like it will cost me something like £200. I looked into just buying a new one but it seems my two year old laptop is still very expensive to replace, the processor is the only dated part and even that isn't that bad. I've even tried loading FM on my old work laptop (which I'm using now), it works but it is unbearably slow.

It looks like I'll be spending a week with no FM. This usually wouldn't be a problem, but as I'm off work this would have been a week I'd have spent playing it non stop

Reserves

The wife owes you

World Cup Winner

If only, I'm thinking this was sabotage

Youth Team

Are there any sort of couply things she's sprung on you since "the incident"? Antiquing outings? Visits to the in-laws ?

Reserves

She sounds more like an outlaw.

Third Team

Wow it is hard to find a cheapish striker in this game.

Found this regen who is 19 and my scouts reckon is just about as good as every one else, yet the AI won't even accept a 14M bid.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    Wow it is hard to find a cheapish striker in this game.

Found this regen who is 19 and my scouts reckon is just about as good as every one else, yet the AI won't even accept a 14M bid.
    You can get quite a few on expiring contracts if you're lucky, currently going to get a very good 17yr old that way, having done so at MTK as well.

Reserves

That continues to be one of the great weaknesses with FM. Too many good players are released or not offered new contracts, particularly young ones.

Third Team

That continues to be one of the great weaknesses with FM. Too many good players are released or not offered new contracts, particularly young ones.
    Trying to get them to join a nothing club. That's the challenge.

Part-Timer
    Champions League prediction winner 2013/2014

Can anyone advise me how to train PPM's? Used to be in the private chat feature but I can't see it now. Only time I have been able to train them on FM12 is when a coach has advised it, is it limited to backroom advice now?

Third Team

Follow the steps you would to get a player to tutor, then there should be an option below that!

Part-Timer

I'm probably being really dim but I still can't find it. When I go to private chat as I would to tutor a player I just get these options:

Tried all the options displayed but none of them are about PPM's. Is it one of the greyed options I need or am I missing something?

World Cup Winner

It isn't in the private chat any more, you do it through a coach rather than the player.

From memory, you just right click on a player and the option should be there.

Part-Timer

Got it now, cheers Dafuge

Reserves

As the saying goes, there should be more than one road to Rome.

Third Team

When do people usually do a mid-season update? After the January window or half way through the league games?

Third Team

When do people usually do a mid-season update? After the January window or half way through the league games?
    After the Jan transfer window for me. Means you can get all the transfers too, so when one pops up and scores later on in the season, the reader doesn't go "Who the hell?"

Third Team

Yeah, my thoughts exactly!

Youth Team

I do it either midway through the league, or at the start of the winter break. I can see the benefits of waiting until after the transfer window, but I don't tend to do much in that anyway so it rarely matters.

Amateur

Half way through the league games for me. I rarely make transfers in January, but if I do I mention it in the season review.

Amateur

I always do it halfway through the league games. If I bought players (or even had a transfer window!), I might do it differently.

Semi Pro

After half of the league games like everyone else.

On a side note, just come back from skiing in Scootland! (yes I meant to put two oo's ) and found that everyone had made seasons of progress on their games! After finally reading them all I need a lye down!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    After half of the league games like everyone else.

On a side note, just come back from skiing in Scootland! (yes I meant to put two oo's ) and found that everyone had made seasons of progress on their games! After finally reading them all I need a lye down!
    My progress will probably grind to a halt over the festive season, so I've been keen to get in as much gametime as I could. What's everyone's plans for FM over Christmas? Lots of family time and minimal FM, or the other way around??

Third Team

Me and the wife are having our first Xmas so there will be little FM (if it's up to her! )

Amateur

Me and the wife are having our first Xmas so there will be little FM (if it's up to her! )
    Otherwise there could be a laptop/wine incident...?

Youth Team

I always do mine on January 1st (or halfway through the league games if I'm playing in a country that plays from different months i.e. Jan-Nov). Like SnakeXe and roganp, I rarely make that many transfers in January to write up about. But it's completely up to you hursty when and how often you update .

Youth Team

Winter break or 1st Jan for me, which usually is around the halfway point.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Otherwise there could be a laptop/wine incident...?
    There will be a foot/ass incident then. Possibly. Maybe. If I thought I could get away with it.

Semi Pro

We usually spend Christmas day watching darts, which I've hated in the past, resulting in me going on FM but this past year I've fallen in love with the sport so a few beers and darts seems to be the plan. Although FM will not take a back seat at all!

Part-Timer

Half way at the league stage for me too. Not often I make a signing worth mentioning. If someone has made an impact it can wait for end of season review anyway.

No family or FM time for me over Christmas period. I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBaldBuddhist View Post
    Half way at the league stage for me too. Not often I make a signing worth mentioning. If someone has made an impact it can wait for end of season review anyway.

No family or FM time for me over Christmas period. I will be working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day
    First time in 12 years, I'm not.

World Cup Winner

I very rarely have time to play FM on Christmas/Boxing day.

I usually spend the week before that playing non stop though

Youth Team

merry xmas everyone..

Reserves

Tomorrow will be ok, but the following 2 days will be rather busier, one of the 'real life' things that it's hardest to avoid getting in the way. Won the Romanian League last Christmas, though was simply finishing off a season while I could in the morning. I would like to associate myself with the above message as well.

Semi Pro

I will be playing a little on Christmas Day as our Christmas is on Boxing Day as this is when the family join us.

Youth Team

Definitely no FM on Xmas Day for me, will be too busy consuming my body weight in food. May get in a couple of hours tomorrow, but probably that'll be it until the 27th. Then I should get three full days of uninterrupted FM game time (that's unless I get begrudgingly dragged to the sales)

Reserves

There will be a foot/ass incident then. Possibly. Maybe. If I thought I could get away with it.
    There's the option of dick/ass too. But that depends on a lot of things..

Reserves

Also, we celebrate Jul/Xmas tomorrow so will be very little time for gaming then, and probably not much on what you call Xmas Day either. Maybe a little bit in the morning/evening.

Third Team

There's the option of dick/ass too. But that depends on a lot of things..
    Easier to get forgiveness than permission...

Youth Team

Easier to get forgiveness than permission...

Its why Vodka was created.

International Squad

Seven minutes early but bugger it... Merry Christmas.

Amateur

Merry Christmas all!

First Team Squad Member

Merry Christmas guys!

Have a good one!

Reserves

Merry Xmas guys. Hope you've all had a good one.

:cheers:

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Seven minutes early but bugger it... Merry Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    Merry Christmas all!
    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Merry Christmas guys!

Have a good one!
    Merry Xmas guys. Hope you've all had a good one.

:cheers:
    What these guys say!

Youth Team

Merry xmas guys, My 4 year old daughter went to bed at half 6 and has only just woken up so not to bad.

Third Team

Merry Christmas guys!

Reserves

Just one match played today, but it was a good one. Hope everyone enjoys today despite a lack of FM time.

Semi Pro

No matches for me today...

after all, it is pre-season and we are £60k over our wage budget!

Merry Christmas FMCU!

Youth Team

Merry Christmas to all FMCU frequenters. Have you got your special Xmas Steam acheivement yet?

I have a busy month ahead with MA assignments but I'll be back among you in about 4 weeks or so for another tale of globe-trotting adventure

Reserves

Steam can burn in hell

Third Team

Current game status: 12 days 0 hours 20 minutes.

Merry Xmas, I am now a Football Manager expert.

Third Team

Can't get the Steam Acheivement, they don't want to play me.

Amateur

Merry Christmas everyone

Reserves

Merry Christmas everyone!

Third Team

I keep getting this bluescreen error every so often, I have no idea why though;

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 101
    BCP1: 0000000000000031
    BCP2: 0000000000000000
    BCP3: FFFFF880009E9180
    BCP4: 0000000000000001
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\122611-19500-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Liam\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47424-0.sysdata.xml

Youth Team

How was everyone's Xmas then?

I ended up cooking the dinner in its entirety for me, the missus, and her dad and brother - which I actually didn't mind in the end because it gives me a massive stick with which to win any arguments until at least March!

Got some fantastic gifts as well - the Steve Jobs biography, a teapot, a waffle iron, two bottles of single malt Scotch - and the brother in law got me a sort of nerf-style compound bow thing which fires these foam arrows at a hell of a rate! Those kittens had better stay in line...

Amateur

My wife got me this: http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...ropeanmanager/

Check out the release date

Youth Team

Get us some screenshots of that bad boy! (If you can make it run...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast