+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 7109

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Hey guys,

So far on FM12, I've rekindled my love for 'small to big club challenges' over in CSE but I still feel the lure of FMCU.... No time to run a full-on journeyman alongside a challenge save though so I've decided to make my FMCU 'bit on the side' an international management career game. Found a thread in the Editors' Hideaway full of additional competitions (regional African and Asian championships plus a few youth championships) - once the remaining comps are added, I'll get my 'International Journeyman' career on the road.
    Good to hear .

Amateur

Hey guys,

So far on FM12, I've rekindled my love for 'small to big club challenges' over in CSE but I still feel the lure of FMCU.... No time to run a full-on journeyman alongside a challenge save though so I've decided to make my FMCU 'bit on the side' an international management career game. Found a thread in the Editors' Hideaway full of additional competitions (regional African and Asian championships plus a few youth championships) - once the remaining comps are added, I'll get my 'International Journeyman' career on the road.
    Always enjoy a good DodgeeD thread - looking forward to it!

Third Team

Can't wait dude. This Calcio save has really ignited my love of FM again, I'm aching to play it every second (so much so that Arkham City has been sidelined..)

Reserves

I think I may have got my love for FM12 back. I've gone back to a favoured nation of mine and that is Bulgaria. I started unemployed and have taken over Chavdar(Etropole). They have some funds to spend, an average squad and are a decent shout for promotion. Whether I can stick at it depends, and if I do I'll most probably create a thread in here.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Sent you all something.
    Would I be able to get a PM?

It will work with my save game, yes?

Semi Pro

Is it a sign that my motivation for the current career is waning, that i've been thinking about challenges for when I get FM12 (I'm waiting for the final patch to move from FM11)?

On the other hand I'd like to get something done for a change. I started a Gundo Challenge career with a team from Croatia, took about 13 years of it, made huge progresses than got bored and gave up. Now I've been doing a FMCU career for nearly 15 seasons and am yet to manage in the Premier League/La Liga/Serie A, or even win any domestic title. I want to win a Champions League, it's been ages since I last did it in FM, I think it was in FM05? Have got tons of other different challenges I still want to do in this career as well.

But can't help thinking about different paths for FM12. Maybe wait for the 4th division tier of Portugal to be created and take on my local club on an epic dynasty save. Or load as many weird custom-based leagues as possible and make a career out of obscurity - teams from Costa Rica, Cameroon, Estonia, Saudi Arabia...

Youth Team

Check your PM iacovone.
    Can i have one? feeling left out here .............................

when i get paid next friday im planning to scour ebay for Inverting the Pyramid and Calcio

Reserves

Check your PMs hursty and acidmonkey.

Youth Team

thank you my good man

Amateur

Just noticed the Germany issue in my save. Can I please have a PM

Youth Team

Check ya PM

Amateur

Thanks

Youth Team

Giving PM's out like Grahan Poll gives out yellow cards.

Semi Pro

I have two games on the go at the minute (well, three but I have parked Truro after 12 seasons). One, at West Ham where I am top after 6 months, this replaces my lost Southampton save (see thread on this forum for details :-( ). My other is with Lok. Leipzig in the German 5th tier, though I won promotion to the 4th.

If anyone is looking for a new challenge, I strongly recommend Germany and their lower leagues. I haven't the faintest idea how they choose who starts in the 1st round of the cup though. I wasn't involved yet some teams from non-league were. Bizarre!

Semi Pro

I am about to watch FC Halifax v Charlton in the cup on the TV. Question: Do any of you watch a mtach on TV and then feel the need to fire up FM2012 to start a new game so you can play as them? I feel the need for a FC Halifax game coming on haha :-)

Amateur

I must say the oerall quality of the theads in this forum is top notch! Really enjoying following them!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 1967 View Post
    I must say the oerall quality of the theads in this forum is top notch! Really enjoying following them!
    I couldn't agree more. I discovered this foroum about a month ago and am hooked. Especially the Careers sub forum.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by 1967 View Post
    That was my hope when I asked for this forum to be created 2/3 years ago...and as you say, the quality of the threads make for great reading! .

Reserves

How many of you create, or try to create your own tactics? I've tried before and failed miserably. Now though, armed with my new save, I've designed three tactics which will hopefully take me to glory. My first one is a 4-2-3-1, my second a 4-3-2-1(4-5-1) and a 4-3-1-2. The first tactic is working great which means the other two haven't been tested yet. I've changed the player roles and have them set out for what I want the player to do and it's great .

Semi Pro

I have recently in my Bury Town game on '11

I'm trying a 3-2-2-2-1

3 DC's, 2 WB's, 2 MC's, AMR/L and a Poacher

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    How many of you create, or try to create your own tactics? I've tried before and failed miserably. Now though, armed with my new save, I've designed three tactics which will hopefully take me to glory. My first one is a 4-2-3-1, my second a 4-3-2-1(4-5-1) and a 4-3-1-2. The first tactic is working great which means the other two haven't been tested yet. I've changed the player roles and have them set out for what I want the player to do and it's great .
    I have done for the last two saves

Semi Pro

IS the Sweeper working well? I always worry that you could never catch anyone off side..

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I've always created my own tactics, I've never used anyone else's.

4-4-2 diamond, get them playing a style of football I like then I'm set for the next few decades

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    IS the Sweeper working well? I always worry that you could never catch anyone off side..
    I play too deep to catch people offside anyway.

Semi Pro

Fair enough, trying to keep bodies behind the ball then?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Fair enough, trying to keep bodies behind the ball then?
    Have you not read my thread? I'm playing under the rules of catenaccio

Semi Pro

I have no time currently I can't even get my thread updated

Youth Team

Haven't even looked at pre-made tactics since the tactics creator came in. Have largely used my own since FM07 though.

Reserves

dafuge, I've never downloaded anyones tactics. I actually don't see the point. But I've only changed the basic things like man marking, players who go up for corners and stay back etc etc. But after talking to Heath, I started a new save and just tweaked all the player roles and just tried to make my own. My first choice is working and I'm unbeaten in the league.

Amateur

Hey! Good News For Me... There is one empty managerial spot in Malaysia (on 2nd division named Premier League in correct names) at earliest game start date (November 2010)... (And wasted my 51 extra nations in "total 112 nations" because already out of the box league accepting a "Sunday League Footballer")

Semi Pro

I always try to make my own tactics, if everything fails and I can't get my head around it, then I'll eventually download some. Hasn't been the case in FM11, although it did take a lot of head-banging as some of my tactics seemed awesome at first, yet would be total rubbish when I tried it with another club!

I've been through:

- a 4-1-3-2 with side midfielders which was great in Italy and totally rubbish in Croatia
    - a rigid 4-2-2-2 with all out attack wingers and a duo of advanced forwards (basically a 4-2-4 really) which worked awesome in Croatia but I never found particularly realistic or appealing to me
    - a 4-2-3-1 evolution of that previous tactic (with 2 MCs), with one of the forwards dropped to a AMC trequartista role. Worked for a while in Italy then flopped in Germany.
    - a 4-1-2-3 short passing, fluid, heavily inspired in Barcelona, which worked awesome in the beginning of my current career in Portugal, but then fell flat horribly in England.
    - and now a new very fluid, counter-attacking 4-2-3-1 (with 2 fairly static/defensive DMs to balance it out) which did great in Portugal and is working wonders in Spain too.

All done in TC but then overridden with plenty of advanced individual and team instructions. I usually make a more defensive version of the tactic for difficult games too (and then often end up using that as the main tactic, resorting to the "normal" one for easy games!)
    Last edited by noikeee; 14-11-2011 at 09:32.

Semi Pro

I forgot early in FM11 I also tried a narrow 4-4-2 diamond and a 4-2-1-3 with wingers + target man.. both failed horribly. All things summed that's an awful lot of experimenting and failing in this version!

Youth Team

You always have to adapt your tactics to the culture. There'll never be one system that works universally.

Semi Pro

I think that's a minor factor, the really big difference is the sort of players you have at your disposal, the tactics have to maximize their abilities. Then over time you can build a squad around the characteristics you want, the problem is the first season or two when the player's characteristics may be all over the place.

That being said when I move out of latin southern Europe I'm going to pay some very close attention on my 4-2-3-1 and how it performs in a different environment. Sometimes it's not as much the different environment as it is the sort of tactics you have to face, some leagues stick to 4-4-2 religiously, others will be all over the place.
    Last edited by noikeee; 14-11-2011 at 12:18.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Sometimes it's not as much the different environment as it is the sort of tactics you have to face, some leagues stick to 4-4-2 religiously, others will be all over the place.
    That's what I mean by different cultures - the style of football you play against. For example when I managed in Italy on FM11 4-2-3-1 was a great choice because other sides would play systems with only one wide player on either side - 4-3-1-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, etc, so with attacking fullbacks I always had an overload down both flanks. In England it's less effective because teams usually use 4-5-1 or 4-4-2.

Players are certainly a factor though - you can't go into a squad that's been geared towards a 3-man defence and suddenly play 4 at the back because you'll probably have no good fullbacks. Or even a less extreme difference, like having wide players that like to cut inside and drive at goal when you want to pump crosses in for a target man.

Amateur

Hi, not sure if this is right place for this, sorry if it isn't. I normally play 'one club' football manager saves because my laptop isn't the best, but with the new add/remove league feature I am thinking of starting a journeyman type career. I was just wandering if anyone has any recommendations for this type of save. For example any leagues to load (i'm thinking of starting unemployed with sunday league reputation), whether I should set myself targets/rules for the save or just 'go with the flow' etc. Thanks

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by apchivers View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is right place for this, sorry if it isn't. I normally play 'one club' football manager saves because my laptop isn't the best, but with the new add/remove league feature I am thinking of starting a journeyman type career. I was just wandering if anyone has any recommendations for this type of save. For example any leagues to load (i'm thinking of starting unemployed with sunday league reputation), whether I should set myself targets/rules for the save or just 'go with the flow' etc. Thanks
    Just play how you feel you want to! We're a pretty accepting bunch here. You want to play your way, we'll read

Amateur

I'm currently playing with this crazy tactic:

Using it in my career save and it's actually managing alright. I'm having a lot of fun, even though I'm loosing a lot.. lol

International Squad

Mike Bassett created my tactic.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    4-4-F***ing-2

First Team Squad Member

Not the xmas pudding?

Youth Team

I've used 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-1-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2, 4-5-1, and 4-3-3. In less than 6 seasons. Adaptability.

Amateur

Thanks for your response Diesler. Am thinking of doing a save where I can only manage teams playing in a certain colour or clubs from the capital city of their country or something weird like that!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    4-4-F***ing-2
    I hate 4-4-f**ing-2. It's the tactic of evil.

The flat, original 4-4-2 is one of the better tactics for squad management actually, because there's very few players that won't be able to fit in it, most natural WBs can do fullback, attacking wingers can do side-midfielder, attacking/defensive midfielders can do MC. However it's so bog-standard, ancient, lacking tactical inventiveness. Admittedly there's plenty of ways to tweak a flat 4-4-2 to do different things, but I'd rather lose for a couple seasons than resort to it! I'm that weird!

I like the 4-4-2 diamonds though, even if I've not used them for a while. They're hardly the most inventive tactic ever neither, but at least tend to promote highly creative midfields.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by apchivers View Post
    Thanks for your response Diesler. Am thinking of doing a save where I can only manage teams playing in a certain colour or clubs from the capital city of their country or something weird like that!
    Go for it! Your save is your save! Just don't hamstring yourself so much that you don't enjoy playing under all those conditions!

Youth Team

I usually like 4-1-3-2 but with my current save in the lower leagues of England I use a 4-4-2. Not awe inspiring I know but it's doing the job . I've noticed a lot of people using the 4-2-1-3 or how ever you like to call it in FM12. Basically, the Mourinho tactic that Chelsea continue to use. I don't know if I'm tactically inept (which my results don't tend to agree with) or if I'm just tactically nostalgic.

Youth Team

I'd call the Chelsea Mourinho one 4-3-3, but people seem to like 4-1-2-2-1 to describe that. I don't really, there isn't 5 bands of players on the pitch.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I'd call the Chelsea Mourinho one 4-3-3, but people seem to like 4-1-2-2-1 to describe that. I don't really, there isn't 5 bands of players on the pitch.
    4-3-3 for 4-1-2-2-1 is just too much.

Youth Team

A five-man midfield tends to be my preference, helps to control possession whilst making you hard to break-down. 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 are my preferred formations, and I will only use 4-4-2 as a last resort.

Third Team

I need help guys! Can you look at my thread and answer?

Youth Team

I've posted a possible solution Deisler, a long shot shot but it worked for me.

I've got a problem of my own at the minute and was wondering if you guys have any ideas...I've currently got a save going in which I'm using uncle rons database. I've managed to take my team from the Evo-Stik League First Division South (Level 8) to the Blue Square North (Level 6). I couldn't offer any contracts in the Evo-Stik League First Division South, only non-contracts e.g. pay as you play, which I know you can't, but I could offer part-time contracts once I reached Level 7 which obviously helped me as I could tie the players down, preventing other teams from signing my players on frees.

However, now I've reached the Blue Square North I can't offer fixed part-time contracts again. I can only offer non-contracts again, on a pay as you play basis as I did at Level 8. Surely playing in the Blue Square North (Level 6) now, and having been able to offer contracts in the league below the BSN, I should be able to offer contracts now? I'm 300 quid under my wage budget...the only issue which I can think might be affecting my ability to offer contracts is the fact that we're 200k in the red, but that shouldn't affect my ability to offer contracts should it?

Any help would be appreciated .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post

I've got a problem of my own at the minute and was wondering if you guys have any ideas...I've currently got a save going in which I'm using uncle rons database. I've managed to take my team from the Evo-Stik League First Division South (Level 8) to the Blue Square North (Level 6). I couldn't offer any contracts in the Evo-Stik League First Division South, only non-contracts e.g. pay as you play, which I know you can't, but I could offer part-time contracts once I reached Level 7 which obviously helped me as I could tie the players down, preventing other teams from signing my players on frees.

However, now I've reached the Blue Square North I can't offer fixed part-time contracts again. I can only offer non-contracts again, on a pay as you play basis as I did at Level 8. Surely playing in the Blue Square North (Level 6) now, and having been able to offer contracts in the league below the BSN, I should be able to offer contracts now? I'm 300 quid under my wage budget...the only issue which I can think might be affecting my ability to offer contracts is the fact that we're 200k in the red, but that shouldn't affect my ability to offer contracts should it?

Might be worth posting in uncle ron's download thread, sounds like a bug to me. Thinking about it, when I was in the BSS with Kingstonian, all I could offer was part-time contracts, so it's really odd that it's not even an option for you??

Semi Pro

Unless you offer Key Player status, or First Team at a push, Non Contract is all that is available to you. This is working as intended.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Unless you offer Key Player status, or First Team at a push, Non Contract is all that is available to you. This is working as intended.
    Thanks DazRTaylor . This was the problem. Doh. It was as plain to see but I couldn't see it! Thanks again
    Last edited by Raware; 15-11-2011 at 21:53.

World Cup Winner

If you choose part time, then choose first team or key player does it allow you to offer the contract?

Semi Pro

Dafuge - you have to choose role first. If you dont, non contract is all that is available.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Dafuge - you have to choose role first. If you dont, non contract is all that is available.
    That's what I meant. I spotted the problem when offering contracts to players already on part time contracts who had become backup players, so it appeared as part time was selected but I could select a contract length.

Youth Team

Proves how much I know then! Wish I had realised this earlier too, could have saved quite a considerable amount in wages.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Proves how much I know then! Wish I had realised this earlier too, could have saved quite a considerable amount in wages.
    Me too! I didn't even realise! Thanks DazRTaylor and daf.

Third Team

SOLVED! Oh yeah!

Youth Team

SOLVED! Oh yeah!
    Good news! What was the solution?

First Team Squad Member

How do you do the code table thing. I know you put code in brackets but how do you get it all to line up?

I could use the mod powers and steal it from someone's thread but that would feel wrong lol.

Youth Team

If you're on Windows, use Notepad, if you're on Mac OS use TextEdit and press CMD+SHIFT+T to change to plain text.

Semi Pro

And it's not wrong to steal it from someone's thread.
    Don't need mod powers for it. You can do it simply by quoting a post.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFlu View Post
    And it's not wrong to steal it from someone's thread.
    Don't need mod powers for it. You can do it simply by quoting a post.
    Good to know I wasn't sure if that would work and couldn't check because I am on my phone.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    If you're on Windows, use Notepad, if you're on Mac OS use TextEdit and press CMD+SHIFT+T to change to plain text.
    This.......

International Squad

4-4-F***ing-2
    Yes, with a flat pack four.

Anybody watch the series spin off?

Reserves

I did , back in 2000 and something.

Youth Team

Yes, with a flat pack four.

Anybody watch the series spin off?
    aye got it on dvd

First Team Squad Member

Thinking of starting a career thread but do not want people to be put off at how easy the first season was.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Thinking of starting a career thread but do not want people to be put off at how easy the first season was.
    Who do you think you are? Raware?

Youth Team

Who do you think you are? Raware?

What are you trying to say?! I'll have you know, in my first two seasons on FM11 I finished 7th...then I won the league in the third!

Really though, I too have been surprised at how easy FM12 is which has stopped me from posting a thread...well, easy in England. I'd of liked to have had a thread and save in England this year but the ease of it is putting me off. So I may have to start in a different country and hope it's more difficult if I want to post a thread.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    aye got it on dvd
    I thought the shirt sponsorship was a stroke of comic genius.

Semi Pro

New Minecraft server for those who want to know, if you don't please disregard this message.

Third Team

Happily disregarded

Amateur

Having only recently discovered 'FM Career', I'm amazed how good and interesting it is. Just a quick question though, when someone starts a new career do they get job offers, or do they have to apply for the posts? Sorry if this is sounding a bit thick, but I'm trying to start a journeyman career loading Holland, Belgium, France and Spain and have had no job offers unless I apply.

Part-Timer

Dafuge, bit cheeky but would you mind explaing your wide diamond? I've NEVER been able to get one to work :/

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    Dafuge, bit cheeky but would you mind explaing your wide diamond? I've NEVER been able to get one to work :/
    Here's what it looks like. It's nothing special, just a simple setup that tries to create chances from the wings and from the centre of the pitch. The vast majority of it was done using the tactic creator and uses the preset player roles.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mysticeye View Post
    Having only recently discovered 'FM Career', I'm amazed how good and interesting it is. Just a quick question though, when someone starts a new career do they get job offers, or do they have to apply for the posts? Sorry if this is sounding a bit thick, but I'm trying to start a journeyman career loading Holland, Belgium, France and Spain and have had no job offers unless I apply.
    Yeah, I think it's best to apply to jobs when unemployed. It's quite possible that you'll eventually get offered a job even without applying, but that might take a while.

Part-Timer

@Dafuge: Thank you sir

Part-Timer

Since we're talking tactics ... one of the things that has really enhanced my enjoyment of 5m1w is that each manager has a unique tactical approach. It ends up being a decent hook for imagining their personalities, and it lets the squad construction for each one to be a more unique experience.

I highly recommend thinking about it for your saves--even if it is only one manager, when you get hired into a new league, come up with an approach that you'll commit to winning with and see if you can build a squad around _that_. It may get you fired (one of my manager's first forays into a sweeper/three CB/wingback system at Ajax Cape Town did just that), but I think it adds quite a bit.

Of course, YMMV.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Makonnen View Post
    Since we're talking tactics ... one of the things that has really enhanced my enjoyment of 5m1w is that each manager has a unique tactical approach. It ends up being a decent hook for imagining their personalities, and it lets the squad construction for each one to be a more unique experience.

I highly recommend thinking about it for your saves--even if it is only one manager, when you get hired into a new league, come up with an approach that you'll commit to winning with and see if you can build a squad around _that_. It may get you fired (one of my manager's first forays into a sweeper/three CB/wingback system at Ajax Cape Town did just that), but I think it adds quite a bit.

Of course, YMMV.
    See my thread

World Cup Winner

I've posted this in GD, but it is more likely that someone in here will know the answer.

I'm managing in Northern Ireland, and I've taken a small club from nowhere to the group stages of the Champions League. My problem is that while I've been able to expand the stadium and improve the training facilities, the youth facilities are stuck.

Facilities - 'no youth facilities'

Board interaction - 'youth facilities are rented'

I'm sure I saw a message once about the youth facilities 'needing long term investment', so does anyone have any experience of the club building your own youth facilities when the current ones are rented?

I'm hoping it is otherwise my youth players will continue to be utterly useless every year (the entire intake is always half a star rated).

Semi Pro

Dafuge It might be that you can't build them on the current ground and maybe a new stadium would fix it?

World Cup Winner

I was wondering that, could youth facilities and stadia be linked?

I hope so, as I can't the see ther current ground lasting that long.

Third Team

Don't forget to vote for threads you like.

Youth Team

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact affect selecting leagues as 'view only' has on your game. I was just setting up a game with a lot of leagues running and it seemd choosing 'view only' reduces the number of players in the game by quite a lot. Is it possible to switch a view only league to fully active once the game has started?

Semi Pro

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact affect selecting leagues as 'view only' has on your game. I was just setting up a game with a lot of leagues running and it seemd choosing 'view only' reduces the number of players in the game by quite a lot. Is it possible to switch a view only league to fully active once the game has started?
    #

Yes. Definitely.

Semi Pro

I don't know if this has already been said or not but it seems to me that this board has become much more popular than last year with a lot more active threads about. I only really remember a select few being active last year.

Does anyone else agree or am I going a bit crazy?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    I don't know if this has already been said or not but it seems to me that this board has become much more popular than last year with a lot more active threads about. I only really remember a select few being active last year.

I agree. It's great that so many new members are finding FMCU now and the rise in users and active threads is something I had hoped for when FMCU first started 2 years ago .

Reserves

There's a lot more threads! So much that I can't keep up.

Surprisingly as I've been pretty busy all week and haven't had a chance to really look through all the threads...lots of catching up to do...

Semi Pro

I agree. It's great that so many new members are finding FMCU now and the rise in users and active threads is something I had hoped for when FMCU first started 2 years ago .
    I didn't have an account last year but I did constantly read the threads which gave me inspiration for this year!

There's a lot more threads! So much that I can't keep up.

Surprisingly as I've been pretty busy all week and haven't had a chance to really look through all the threads...lots of catching up to do...
    Not only are there so many threads, there are so many good threads as well! I am subscribed to so many and although I don't comment in a few, there are a lot I still read!

Third Team

I've just been in GD. NEVER let me go in there again...

Third Team

Ever had the thought that you've lost a game after only 3 mins, even though it's a league match, 11 v 11, 0-0?

Youth Team

I've just been in GD. NEVER let me go in there again...
    What the hell did you do that for?! It's like the bad bits of Sunderland in there...

Ever had the thought that you've lost a game after only 3 mins, even though it's a league match, 11 v 11, 0-0?
    Never given up that early

Sometimes I do get the feeling a result is on the cards quite early in a match though. Although I've been proven wrong on that - for example hitting the woodwork 3 times only to go 1-0 down from their first attack, it always feels to me like we'll batter them all game and never quite manage to score, but a couple of times in my last season we've come back to win comfortably.

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

quick Question, did the threads of old get purged?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonaitor View Post
    quick Question, did the threads of old get purged?
    No, you just have to make the forum show them for you at the bottom of the page.

Semi Pro

I wasn't a regular last year so may have been part of the new influx, but there was a huge boom of threads in the week FM12 came out. I think that's why it's so active right now, people have gotten the new game and are very much into it. During the next few months the interest may wane.

Semi Pro

If you are still posting in March you're doing well

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    I wasn't a regular last year so may have been part of the new influx, but there was a huge boom of threads in the week FM12 came out. I think that's why it's so active right now, people have gotten the new game and are very much into it. During the next few months the interest may wane.
    That always happens to me, but with FIFA. Football Manager coming out doesn't help but when FIFA 12 first came out I played it a lot, I've never been so much into a FIFA game before but then FM came out and slowly the time spent on it went down and these past few weeks I've not been on it. FM is just so much more addictive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast