+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 7139

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

World Cup Winner

13 games

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Woo!

Pretty sure I'm the first FMCU manager to get sacked in FM '12.
    Cracking effort!

Although I've not yet played a competitive match on FM12 so I may yet be rapidly following...

First Team Squad Member

So how does the Twitter thing work with FM?

I take it that it'll automatically send updates to Twitter? What sort of updates? Every match or just occasionally?

And will it let me know when it is sending out a Tweet?

Youth Team

I don't know if it's different to FM11, but if you want to see the sort of thing it sends out then my Twitter feed was connected to my Messina save from the start (@SnakeXe).

First Team Squad Member

I've added you SnakeXe.

Yeah, I've added my Twitter to my manager profile. So I figure it will start sending updates.

Does it tell you when it's sending to Twitter then or does it just appear there without your knowledge?

What sort of thing does it send? The occasional result or signing, or what?

Semi Pro

Its records and cup performance really (well it was in FM11) I don't think it tells you in game

Youth Team

It doesn't tell you in game, no. I think it puts stuff like record wins, league finishes, record attendances, cup wins.

First Team Squad Member

FM11 just sent record wins, where you finished in the league, when you won or got knocked out of a cup, player sales and buys if they were records. Strange that it does not tell you because with facebook linked you can post about every match if you want to.

First Team Squad Member

Where is the 'compile loan players available report' option guys? I can't find it!

Don't tell me they've removed it?

First Team Squad Member

On the player search under assistant advice.

First Team Squad Member

It's moved AB!

I found it just before you posted your response. It was on the news screen, for goodness sake. What's it doing there?

First Team Squad Member

Strange, on mine it is on the player search screen.

Third Team

Found my first bug!!

I actually won 4-1

Youth Team

i dont have as much time so doubt ill be able to get a career thread up and running this year

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    It's moved AB!

I found it just before you posted your response. It was on the news screen, for goodness sake. What's it doing there?
    Ugh it's what I've been wondering about since I played with the demo.

BTW does anyone know where I can download competition logos without registering? Because I think sortitoutsi needs you to register now....

First Team Squad Member

Finally got New Zealand working for now loaded all Brazilian and Argentinian players and none of the unemployed ones will join my Auckland City side. Looks like I might have to actually use some management skills instead now, could be hard.

Youth Team

It's moved AB!

I couldn't find it either earlier!

First Team Squad Member

So is it on the news screen for everyone? How come I have it on the player search?

Youth Team

its on all the pages in that section:

Overview, News, Search, Jobs, Transfer & Contracts, Options and History

First Team Squad Member

Edit - Ignore my previous question. I worked it out! Duh!

I'm still missing the FM10 tactics screen though.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 23-10-2011 at 20:05.

First Team Squad Member

I don't like the way to add the back up tactics, it's annoying.

First Team Squad Member

How do you mean AB?

First Team Regular

So has anyone found where you can see how many coaches/scouts/physios you're allowed to have?

In FM '11 there was a listing on the boardroom page, but I don't see one there in FM '12. I know it'll tell you when you go to offer a staff contract, but I'd rather not waste my time placing the job advert if it turns out I'm already full up for that role.

First Team Regular

Also, if anyone is interested in using the add/remove leagues function as part of a journeyman career, I've compiled the star ratings of each country's top flight (a couple months into the game, but I don't think it'll be much different that what they are at the very start):

4-1/2 stars
    England
    Spain

4 stars
    Germany
    Italy

3-1/2 stars
    France
    Portugal
    Brazil
    Russia

3 stars
    Turkey
    Holland
    Mexico
    Ukraine
    Greece
    Belgium
    Argentina

2-1/2 stars
    Romania
    Scotland
    Denmark
    United States
    South Korea
    Switzerland
    Uruguay
    Czech Republic
    Austria
    Israel
    Poland
    Croatia
    Serbia
    Bulgaria
    Slovakia
    Norway
    Belarus
    Sweden
    Chile
    South Africa

2 stars
    Slovenia
    Colombia
    Hungary
    Peru
    Australia
    China
    Finland
    Ireland

1-1/2 stars
    Iceland
    Northern Ireland
    Indonesia

1 star
    Wales
    Singapore
    Malaysia
    Hong Kong

1/2 star
    India

First Team Squad Member

How do you mean AB?
    I just think it is too many clicks.

First Team Squad Member

So has anyone found where you can see how many coaches/scouts/physios you're allowed to have?

In FM '11 there was a listing on the boardroom page, but I don't see one there in FM '12. I know it'll tell you when you go to offer a staff contract, but I'd rather not waste my time placing the job advert if it turns out I'm already full up for that role.
    On board room screen there is what you have and advised, not a definitive total but I think it's pretty close to the total.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    On board room screen there is what you have and advised, not a definitive total but I think it's pretty close to the total.
    I haven't seen it.

I wonder if it's related to the screen settings.

First Team Squad Member

Staff That doesn't show up on your game?

Reserves

If I don't have enough budget to sign a particular staff member is there anyway to increase budget to sign that staff member?

First Team Regular

Staff That doesn't show up on your game?
    Nope.

Will probably have to play with the screen settings to see if it brings it up.

I've also been playing in windowed mode, and from your screen shot it looks like you have it at the max size.

World Cup Winner

I think playing on a small resolution causes that screen to be cut, does it show on full screen?

Not ideal I know, but you could find out the limits by approaching to sign a new member of staff.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I think playing on a small resolution causes that screen to be cut, does it show on full screen?
    Yep, that did it.

Youth Team

something that annoys me is if i have FM on my second monitor i cant use the maximize button

First Team Regular

W.T.F.

Youth Team

To the Bahamas!

Semi Pro

That's just the winter break, usual in countries with loads of snow... maybe it's a little longer than normal but you can schedule a bunch of friendlies in the month or so before the season kickstarts again.

Though something seems to be off as I searched for the real life calendar of the danish 2nd tier and it starts in August and finishes in February. That looks like the 3rd tier which may have a different calendar but to be off a whole 4 months is bizarre.

First Team Squad Member

Nope.

Will probably have to play with the screen settings to see if it brings it up.

I've also been playing in windowed mode, and from your screen shot it looks like you have it at the max size.
    It shows on windowed mode on mine as well.
    Last edited by AcidBurn; 24-10-2011 at 19:13.

First Team Squad Member

Well, FM12 and I aren't quite getting along just yet. I think it'll take time for me to accept a new FM into my life as it always seems to these days. Am I just getting old or what?

Number one on my big angry Crouchaldinho list is that I'm not enjoying the way it looks. I'm not keen on the skin and I'm finding the whole GUI tougher to navigate generally. I mean, what did they do to the tactics screen, for goodness sake! I miss my FM10 tactics screen. In general, everything seems to involve too much clicking and way too much information in my face at times. Stuff isn't where I want it to be and where I expect it to be. Why did they change so much from something that worked well in previous versions? Is this just change for change sake or is it actually better and I'm the only one struggling with it? Maybe (hopefully) I will get used to it over time but perhaps the answer will be to be on the look out for a retro skin made by the community!

Number two is match preparation. It just makes me angry. That's basically it!

Number three is the new team talks. As if it wasn't all too ambiguous in the first place, they've added more lines that could basically mean anything. I'll get there in the end with the team talks, once I've figured out what each line actually means, but it's just something that I could do without!

But I am trying, honestly! I'm really determined to enjoy this FM and to get back into the series.

Unfortunately, I think I've made a capital mistake with my first save (Daf's challenge with the Saints). It's too similar to my last long-term and really enjoyable save on FM10. Well, too similar, or how about exactly the same really. Comparisons were always going to be more inevitable and the save more stale when I'm doing the same thing I did on FM10. Time to move on to something fresh, I feel, and to try something new for FM12 to give my FMing career a new start!

So, I think I know what I've got to do. I bought a new computer this year and I did so partly with FM in mind. What I wanted to do was finally to be able to load a ton of leagues and journeyman it across Europe!

Clearly, I picked entirely the wrong save to start with. A one country save that I've done before. No, no, no! It's time to load a bunch of leagues and to have an Iacovone style managerial adventure!

In conclusion, it seems that I need to get to work on a list of leagues to load for my journeyman career!

So, anyway, how is everyone else finding FM12? Probably getting on a bit better than me. I don't like change.

I was playing last night and getting annoyed at everything. I'm going to try really hard to give this FM a chance though, even though I'm moaning already!
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 24-10-2011 at 19:46.

First Team Squad Member

I am trying to do my continental save so I loaded all of South America to start with and started unemployed. Once I have done here I think I will load some European leagues like Ukraine, Russia, Austria, Turkey and Greece. Once I get a job there I will remove the leagues and load the bigger European ones and make my way to one of the big Euro countries.

World Cup Winner

Here's my honest opinion:

UI is confusing at first, but great when you get used to it as there's loads to look at.

Press conferences are still dull, I avoid.

Team talks are now even more dull, I avoid.

Match preparation is dull, get tactics sorted asap then hand over to assistant.

Other than that, I really love it. There's so many little things that make it great.

First Team Squad Member

I am trying to do my continental save so I loaded all of South America to start with and started unemployed. Once I have done here I think I will load some European leagues like Ukraine, Russia, Austria, Turkey and Greece. Once I get a job there I will remove the leagues and load the bigger European ones and make my way to one of the big Euro countries.
    How are you finding FM12 then AcidBurn? Enjoying it by the sounds of it?

Here's my honest opinion:

UI is confusing at first, but great when you get used to it as there's loads to look at.
    Would you agree that it doesn't look as nice as in previous years though?

It does seem very confusing to me personally at times but maybe I'm just not used to all of the changes yet.

One thing that I find frustrating is the tactics screen, which I think just looks horrible now! It's also hard to navigate.

For example, I'm finding it quite fiddly to move between the tactics screen and player instructions. It would be useful to have the simple left-click on the shirt option that we have had previously to bring up the player instructions. Now it's right-click, select the option on the menu, click on it, then navigate through the players. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Another one that I'd like someone to help me with: what's the easiest way to get the team talk feedback from your assistant manager after a game? Surely not navigating to the staff screen, clicking on his name and then going to reports and accessing the tab there, as I have been doing! Any help appreciated!

Press conferences are still dull, I avoid.
    I've been doing the occasional one but often sending my assistant to them as they really haven't improved.

Team talks are now even more dull, I avoid.
    Are you finding it safe to do so? Are you giving some talks or nothing at all?

On previous FMs, the assistant seemed to have no brain at all, and I never let him take the talk for me.

If the assistants actually have a bit more about them this time around then maybe I will trust them a bit more.

Certainly, I've been relying upon my assistant a little bit at the moment during the learning process. It's a whole bunch of new lines to learn that don't always mean what they seem to signify!

Match preparation is dull, get tactics sorted asap then hand over to assistant.
    Yeah, I'm going to try this. It just seems so silly and superficial. I'm all for the having several tactics loaded and gaining familiarity aspect but as for the rest.... well....

Have you gone with your usual tactics Daf? I doubt you've had to rethink much as it's the same engine, after all, although I did note that the tactics creator is now using automatic roles for central midfielders in a number of formations as default. Not sure if this is new to FM12 or was in FM11, as I didn't play that version a great deal.

Other than that, I really love it. There's so many little things that make it great.
    Would you care to share some of them?

I have to admit that there are a number of little things that do make the game feel more polished. I'll have to note some of them down and try to focus on the positives!

Funny as it sounds, I think I'm going to have to 'work' to get into FM12. Work to get into a computer game, sounds kind of sad huh? But I think it'll be worth it if I can get the old pleasure back again!

First Team Squad Member

I hate the interface and the skin but that will change as soon as people start making their own. Not being funny but how can you get annoyed with match prep? I stick it on high during pre-season then once season starts stick on normal or low and don't touch it until the next pre-season. Team talks I kind of agree on for me it makes it too easy if you cannot see a positive with your overall talk you can usually work out something else to make the players end with good morale.

It might just be in my mind but the results seem more random than ever. On my Valencia save I beat Real Madrid and Barcelona away but got spanked by Granada and lose at home to really bad teams.

Not played much outside Spain and England with Valencia and Sunderland. I am enjoying it at the moment and although it will not mean anything to anyone else I signed Wisner in my current journeyman save and he was a great striker for me on FM10.

World Cup Winner

Would you agree that it doesn't look as nice as in previous years though?

It does seem very confusing to me personally at times but maybe I'm just not used to all of the changes yet.

One thing that I find frustrating is the tactics screen, which I think just looks horrible now! It's also hard to navigate.

For example, I'm finding it quite fiddly to move between the tactics screen and player instructions. It would be useful to have the simple left-click on the shirt option that we have had previously to bring up the player instructions. Now it's right-click, select the option on the menu, click on it, then navigate through the players. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Another one that I'd like someone to help me with: what's the easiest way to get the team talk feedback from your assistant manager after a game? Surely not navigating to the staff screen, clicking on his name and then going to reports and accessing the tab there, as I have been doing! Any help appreciated!
    I like the look of the new skin, the only issue I have is that the font doesn't look great on a high resolution.

I tend to set up my tactics and go for it, so I've actually found teh new tactics screen to be quite useful.

Have you tried adding that page as a bookmark?

Are you finding it safe to do so? Are you giving some talks or nothing at all?

On previous FMs, the assistant seemed to have no brain at all, and I never let him take the talk for me.

If the assistants actually have a bit more about them this time around then maybe I will trust them a bit more.

Certainly, I've been relying upon my assistant a little bit at the moment during the learning process. It's a whole bunch of new lines to learn that don't always mean what they seem to signify!
    I used to get my assistant ti give the teamtalk, then adjust it if I didn't agree with him. Unfortunately that isn't possible with this version thanks to the 'real time' action we have. So far my assistant has done a great job as it yet to upset my team.

Yeah, I'm going to try this. It just seems so silly and superficial. I'm all for the having several tactics loaded and gaining familiarity aspect but as for the rest.... well....

Have you gone with your usual tactics Daf? I doubt you've had to rethink much as it's the same engine, after all, although I did note that the tactics creator is now using automatic roles for central midfielders in a number of formations as default. Not sure if this is new to FM12 or was in FM11, as I didn't play that version a great deal.
    I've lifted my tactics from FM11 and dropped them into FM12, seems to be working a treat.

Would you care to share some of them?

I have to admit that there are a number of little things that do make the game feel more polished. I'll have to note some of them down and try to focus on the positives!

Funny as it sounds, I think I'm going to have to 'work' to get into FM12. Work to get into a computer game, sounds kind of sad huh? But I think it'll be worth it if I can get the old pleasure back again!
    Here's a few that have made a difference for me:

Scouting pool
    Team report
    Custom staff search views
    PPM training going through coaches
    Part time contracts only for semi pro clubs
    Keeping player history after retirement
    The new player/club profile views
    In-match notification of knocks

No doubt there's loads more that don't spring to mind right now.
    Last edited by dafuge; 24-10-2011 at 20:19.

First Team Regular

So, anyway, how is everyone else finding FM12? Probably getting on a bit better than me. I don't like change.
    I'm still crap.

Youth Team

I like it so far, I think FM11 I probably liked better, but onwards and upwards

I'm also enjoying playing a new save and being back managing in England, so that's probably helped settle me in. I do agree that some bits of the UI have moved to really silly places - a case in point being the "compile loan list" button turning up in the Inbox - why??

Part-Timer

I'm loving it, renewed my love for the game, feels a lot better more realistic.

Amateur

Really enjoying it at the moment (even the team talks ), probably has something to do with the fact that I'm back in Turkey to be fair. Love the new youth intake thingy, even though all of mine were crap, and the team meeting feature is really useful.

Reserves

I like the little things that are now in the game. I'm getting used to the new GUI and features, slowly but surely, as well as trying to manage in a league I never ever managed in before. Although, winning does help with the transition since at the end of the day, from pub leagues to Premier League, the goal of the game is to score more goals than your opponent.

First Team Squad Member

Have you tried adding that page as a bookmark?
    Top suggestion. Thanks Dafuge. Should have thought of that myself, really.

I used to get my assistant ti give the teamtalk, then adjust it if I didn't agree with him. Unfortunately that isn't possible with this version thanks to the 'real time' action we have. So far my assistant has done a great job as it yet to upset my team.
    Yeah, I'm not keen on the real time thing. Mostly because these longer sentences that they've put into the game often translate back into something I know (like 'you have faith' or similar) but I don't know it until I've clicked it and then it's too late to change my mind!

I've lifted my tactics from FM11 and dropped them into FM12, seems to be working a treat.
    Sounds good to me.

Here's a few that have made a difference for me:

Scouting pool
    Team report
    Custom staff search views
    PPM training going through coaches
    Part time contracts only for semi pro clubs
    Keeping player history after retirement
    The new player/club profile views
    In-match notification of knocks
    Yeah, some of those are very good. I like the team report and the in-match notification of knocks, especially. One thing I'm not too keen on is the club/player profile views though. I've switched back to seeing attributes and squads as default.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 24-10-2011 at 21:10.

First Team Squad Member

I hate the interface and the skin but that will change as soon as people start making their own.
    Sooner the better! I want a retro one!

Not being funny but how can you get annoyed with match prep?
    Perhaps I'm not annoyed by it as such but, out of all of the things they could have done with tactics and training, that's the best they could come up with! I think that's what makes me annoyed.

I signed Wisner in my current journeyman save and he was a great striker for me on FM10.
    I remember Wisner!

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I like it so far, I think FM11 I probably liked better, but onwards and upwards

I'm also enjoying playing a new save and being back managing in England, so that's probably helped settle me in. I do agree that some bits of the UI have moved to really silly places - a case in point being the "compile loan list" button turning up in the Inbox - why??
    Yeah, I don't get it!

There are quite a few examples of that which leave me scratching my head. Actually, it's more than that. I'll be playing and then I start getting very annoyed, very quickly, and asking myself 'why has this changed... this was fine on FM10!'

I really need to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_magic View Post
    I'm loving it, renewed my love for the game, feels a lot better more realistic.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller View Post
    Really enjoying it at the moment (even the team talks ), probably has something to do with the fact that I'm back in Turkey to be fair. Love the new youth intake thingy, even though all of mine were crap, and the team meeting feature is really useful.
    I haven't played enough yet so I'll come across that stuff at some point soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I like the little things that are now in the game. I'm getting used to the new GUI and features, slowly but surely, as well as trying to manage in a league I never ever managed in before. Although, winning does help with the transition since at the end of the day, from pub leagues to Premier League, the goal of the game is to score more goals than your opponent.
    I was doing okay with St. Albans City. Mid-table and near to the play-offs, which was pretty decent. I just started making all these comparisons in my head with my FM10 save with the Saints and I realised that was actually having a negative impact on my experience of FM12 because of how much I enjoyed that save and FM10 in general.

First Team Squad Member

I'm still crap.
    Some things never change.

World Cup Winner

One thing I'm not too keen on is the club/player profile views though. I've switched back to seeing attributes and squads as default.
    I think the player profile view works really well on a high resolution though, look at these two:

Attributes

First Team Squad Member

I think the player profile view works really well on a high resolution though, look at these two:

Attributes
    I've got a fairly high resolution now actually so I probably get something similar to you on my screen.

You know what it is Dafuge? It's the lack of familiarity. The screen does look good but it just looks alien to me. I got so good at taking one glance at the other screens and knowing where everything was. I can't do that with that screen yet and that's why it feels a bit wrong. The fault lies with me here, no doubt, and I probably need to give this more chance.

I still prefer the squad screen rather than the club profile screen for the other option though.

World Cup Winner

I know exactly what you mean, there's a lot of change here for us creatures of habit

At least this time, when you think each change through, it seems to make sense. It may take a lot of getting used to, but I think a lot of the UI changes could turn out to be good ones.

First Team Squad Member

I remember Wisner!
    Was hoping you did, once I get used to the interface I think FM12 could be the best one ever.

Third Team

I'm really enjoying it. Strikers seem to be a bit high powered ATM though!

Part-Timer

You guys playing full screen or windowed?

Reserves

Was hoping you did, once I get used to the interface I think FM12 could be the best one ever.
    What's Wisner's full name? I might have had him on a trial...

Amateur

Has anyone else had trouble linking their Twitter and Youtube accounts to the game? It keeps telling me that my login details are incorrect even though I know it's right and then I changed my password just in case and it still told me it was wrong.

First Team Regular

Yeah, I can't get Twitter to link up. Couldn't get it on FM '11 either.

YouTube is fine though.

Youth Team

Twitter and YouTube are fine, Facebook didn't come up with a login window for me though.

First Team Squad Member

What's Wisner's full name? I might have had him on a trial...
    Wisner Candido Borges Junior.

Reserves

Wisner Candido Borges Junior.
    Yep, definitely had him on trial! Unfortunately on my save he's nothing more than a 'good Serie C striker'...

First Team Squad Member

He is not very good on mine either I just keep him because of what he did in my old save, he has 2 stars CA and 4.5 PA but that will drop as I hopefully progress through the leagues or jump ship.

Third Team

Logged into Steam, saw FM12, reflex action meant a swift purchase and download. I have no idea whether that spells the end for my FM11 file.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Logged into Steam, saw FM12, reflex action meant a swift purchase and download. I have no idea whether that spells the end for my FM11 file.

all good things come to an end, just consider it pratice for fm12

Third Team

I'm back here with a thread gents!

Third Team

Dammit. Wrote out a nice appraisal of my first impressions of FM12 only to lose it all

Crux of it was that the many UI changes don't seem necessary. They're too information fueled and too in your face. It will take a while to familiarise with them but it will be worth it imo as there as such a depth of info available.

Completely agree with Crouchy on the tactics overview screen: no idea what they were aiming for there. The match preparation should have remained on a separate tab as it just looks out of place where it is. As for the blocky player shirts to the right of the pitch - no idea why that is there!?

There are positives though, I loved giving my first team meeting just after pre-season to remind the players that now the real work begins. I asked my skipper to say a few words too. Nothing but positive reactions, very cool

Crouchy - there are a lot of changes to this FM. Certainly more interface changes than ever before and it is overwhelming at times. But you're never going to get the hand of it immediately. Give it time, get into a good, long career game and I guarantee you'll find it easier to navigate with each day. I already am after just a day of FM12.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Dammit. Wrote out a nice appraisal of my first impressions of FM12 only to lose it all
    A shame, as I would have liked to have read your thoughts Iacovone.

Crux of it was that the many UI changes don't seem necessary. They're too information fueled and too in your face. It will take a while to familiarise with them but it will be worth it imo as there as such a depth of info available.
    Sums it up for me

Completely agree with Crouchy on the tactics overview screen: no idea what they were aiming for there. The match preparation should have remained on a separate tab as it just looks out of place where it is. As for the blocky player shirts to the right of the pitch - no idea why that is there!?
    There is so much that I don't like about the tactics screen.

I also hate that it doesn't show automatic squad numbers (1-11) for those teams who play in leagues that do not allocate squad shirts. A little thing but it bugs me.

It's an ugly screen the way it is right now and it has gone from one I used to spend tons of time on, to one I almost hate to visit in the game!

Crouchy - there are a lot of changes to this FM. Certainly more interface changes than ever before and it is overwhelming at times. But you're never going to get the hand of it immediately. Give it time, get into a good, long career game and I guarantee you'll find it easier to navigate with each day. I already am after just a day of FM12.
    Thanks for the message Iacovone. I will try.

It's weird. I've gone about a week without starting FM12 again. Very strange that the will or desire to play is extremely weak for me right now. This coming from an absolute self-confessed addict of the CM/FM series.

I need to resolve that though. I think I need to kick off with a long-term career game and 'do a Dafuge' in terms of just playing one long-term save. Now that I have the computer to load a number of leagues, I ought to give it a shot! And basically, I'll learn the new game, its interface changes and all the rest, as I go along.

I pretty much skipped FM11, despite owning it and firing it up a few times. As a result, things have got so comfortable for me with FM10, that I'm finding it hard work to make the effort to get used to a new version.

I also need to get the imaginative desire going again and I think that could come with a good save. Not sure what that is going to be just yet though.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 31-10-2011 at 16:47.

Semi Pro

You don't "need to resolve it". It's a game. If you don't feel like playing it, then... don't?

As strange as it may seem, there is a world outside FM.

Youth Team

Any news on the awards yet? After reading so many great FM11 threads, it'd be a shame if there was no formal recognition for them.

Part-Timer

Speaking of Awards. Pimping the FMS 2nd Round. If you have some spare time, check out the nominees.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    You don't "need to resolve it". It's a game. If you don't feel like playing it, then... don't?
    CM/FM has always been a great interest/hobby of mine and it has given me a lot of pleasure over the many years I've been playing it. So, yes, I would like to 'resolve' my current apathy towards the game and get into a save on the new version, if at all possible, as I'm sure that it could give me a lot of enjoyment once again if I give it a proper chance.

As strange as it may seem, there is a world outside FM.
    Having not really played much FM over the last six months, I'm all too aware of this thanks!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by noikeee View Post
    Sometimes a new FM is like an album that needs a few listens to get it. You want to get it, even though you don't really like listening to it the first few times, but you like the band and all your mates are raving about how good it is. Then on the 5th or 6th time you suddenly get it - this album is brilliant! Instant gratification isn't the be-all and end-all.

First Team Squad Member

Nice analogy SnakeXe.

First Team Squad Member

I thought you got a new PC pretty much for FM use Crouchy?

Surely there must be a game somewhere that you could get into some strange new league you have never tried before. This weekend I will be embarking on an unemployed South American or African game.

Amateur

The vast majority of people I see saying "I can't get into the game" are the same kind of people who consider managing a lower league team in England a challenge. I haven't loaded England in three years and haven't looked back. You either want to play or you don't, but if your only goal is just to win everything as fast as possible, then you're not getting the most out of the game. I could go on, but then I'd start accusing people of things they'd never admit to.

First Team Squad Member

I thought you got a new PC pretty much for FM use Crouchy?
    FM and Minecraft!

Surely there must be a game somewhere that you could get into some strange new league you have never tried before. This weekend I will be embarking on an unemployed South American or African game.
    Yeah, that's why I really want to load up a big career game with a ton of countries that I've never played in before.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 01-11-2011 at 18:26.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
    The vast majority of people I see saying "I can't get into the game" are the same kind of people who consider managing a lower league team in England a challenge. I haven't loaded England in three years and haven't looked back. You either want to play or you don't, but if your only goal is just to win everything as fast as possible, then you're not getting the most out of the game. I could go on, but then I'd start accusing people of things they'd never admit to.
    I'm not one of those people. Check my posting history and my past FMCU threads.

And it's not about getting into a game so much as getting into the game (i.e. a new FM). It has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with enjoying myself, becoming immersed and absorbed in the game, and getting that 'one more game' feeling from the game itself.

Amateur

Talk is cheap. If you can't motivate yourself to play a game then don't.

Reserves

I'm not one of those people. Check my posting history and my past FMCU threads.

And it's not about getting into a game so much as getting into the game (i.e. a new FM). It has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with enjoying myself, becoming immersed and absorbed in the game, and getting that 'one more game' feeling from the game itself.
    Is there anything particular that prevents you from that immersing yourself into the game? What does enjoying yourself mean to you?

To me winning = enjoying myself, although I also do have other goals in mind when playing (in which winning is part of it).

Without really advertising anything whatsoever, maybe a trip to Asia can help you...

First Team Squad Member

Talk is cheap.
    Talk is cheap.

Doesn't that mean something like 'it is easier to say you will do something than actually to do it'?

I don't really understand what you mean but maybe it's just me.

If you can't motivate yourself to play a game then don't.
    I think you're misunderstanding me.

I am very motivated by the fantasy of being a football manager, winning matches, buying players and having fun in a fantasy world. I'm just feel as if I'm currently having to 'work' a bit at the new FM in order to satisfy that desire. That's all.

First Team Squad Member

Is there anything particular that prevents you from that immersing yourself into the game? What does enjoying yourself mean to you?

To me winning = enjoying myself, although I also do have other goals in mind when playing (in which winning is part of it).

Without really advertising anything whatsoever, maybe a trip to Asia can help you...
    I would love to read about a career where Crouch goes to Asia or even Mexico.

First Team Squad Member

Is there anything particular that prevents you from that immersing yourself into the game?
    Hi Rancer. I think actually it's time that it stopping me from immersing myself into the game at the moment. I seem to play in small and short bursts, and so I'm left without a really good and consistent session to get into the new game.

I also haven't got a long-term save loaded, just a couple of test saves and an experimental one. I think that's half the problem really because I'm not engaged in the narrative of a save but instead focusing on the UI and new mechanics (team talks etc.) rather than letting the imagination take over.

What does enjoying yourself mean to you?
    Good question! In FM, it's getting to know the players, embracing the narrative and, in particular for me, working on the tactical side of the game!

Ha! You're always advertising!

I'm definitely going to load a bunch of leagues for a journeyman career save on FM12 but I'm not sure which ones yet nor how many my computer will be able to handle comfortably. But you never know what it might include!

If it goes well, I might start an FMCU thread.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 01-11-2011 at 19:45.

First Team Squad Member

Have you ever managed outside of Europe before Crouchy?

Reserves

Have you ever managed outside of Europe before Crouchy?
    I think India IIRC (Britain and India Challenge in CSE?)...

First Team Squad Member

Hmmm, let me think AB.

Well, my managerial adventures took me to India in FM08. I had quite a bit of fun playing there.

I briefly tried Mexico once but didn't get very far. On a very old FM, I remember that I tried Brazil and had a half decent save.

I even did a few quick seasons in New Zealand for your challenge on FM10 but never got any further, I'm afraid.

I've also managed quite a few national teams outside Europe (mainly African and South American countries though).

Can't think of anything else much though. To be honest, I'm usually more motivated to start in Europe as I know it better and prefer the European format.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 01-11-2011 at 20:18.

First Team Squad Member

I think India IIRC (Britain and India Challenge in CSE?)...
    Yes, that's right Rancer.

Oh, I did have a go in Egypt with a downloaded league on FM10. I also didn't get very far on that either. It's one of the places I would maybe like to try out on FM though.

I also loaded Peru once and played out a few seasons due to SCIAG going on about it. Was probably on FM08 again.

Reserves

Crouchy maybe you could have a go in South America if you want to work on the tactical side of the game...

Just load all leagues (or whatever reaches your player limit) and try an unemployed career game and dive into the unknown. And set some goals, it'll help out a lot to keep going.

First Team Squad Member

I can just about remember India, I thought of attempting rancers challenge with an Indian team.

Amateur

Talk is cheap.

Doesn't that mean something like 'it is easier to say you will do something than actually to do it'?

I don't really understand what you mean but maybe it's just me.

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I am very motivated by the fantasy of being a football manager, winning matches, buying players and having fun in a fantasy world. I'm just feel as if I'm currently having to 'work' a bit at the new FM in order to satisfy that desire. That's all.
    I'm not misunderstanding you at all. Instead of talking about why you can't get into a game and what you think you need to do et cetera, just do it. Instead of setting up test games to get used to the interface, just start playing the game. I start a new game the day it comes out and for better or worse that is my save until the next iteration of the series comes out. You idealise the game far too much, that's your problem.

Youth Team

Not sure your confrontational attitude is in keeping with the spirit of this thread and forum, Fantastic. You may have a point in terms of just diving in and getting stuck in, but why not just say that instead of giving out to him like a PE teacher?

Amateur

He's not an injured foal and I haven't insulted him.

Youth Team

Well I'd feel insulted if someone started speaking to me like that. It'd disrespectful and unnecessarily confrontational.

Amateur

Then you and I have different ideas over what a confrontation is.

Reserves

I'm not misunderstanding you at all. Instead of talking about why you can't get into a game and what you think you need to do et cetera, just do it. Instead of setting up test games to get used to the interface, just start playing the game. I start a new game the day it comes out and for better or worse that is my save until the next iteration of the series comes out. You idealise the game far too much, that's your problem.
    We all play the game a different way. He has his way of approaching how to play his game, and you have yours. No one knows Crouchy the best like himself, and there's nothing wrong with him trying to find a way to play the game that's most enjoyable to him.

Amateur

Absolutely, I just feel in this situation the only reason he isn't getting into the game is because he is making the process far too complex. Just go in blind, roll with the punches and make the experience the enjoyable factor. Getting out of your comfort zone does wonders with this game.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Not sure your confrontational attitude is in keeping with the spirit of this thread and forum, Fantastic. You may have a point in terms of just diving in and getting stuck in, but why not just say that instead of giving out to him like a PE teacher?
    To be fair, I've acknowledged myself that this is what I need to do!

It should be noted that the post which seemed to kick all of this off was one in which I was directly responding to Iacovone's earlier post, which in turn was addressing me. I hadn't posted for about a week before that!
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 01-11-2011 at 22:38.

First Team Squad Member

I appreciate what you are saying Fantastic, even if it was put in a slightly less than charming way.

Don't worry about me guys. I'll find my save in the end.

In truth, the main barrier to getting into FM12 lately has been lack of playing time. All along, I've been saying that I'm actually struggling to get into the game because I haven't dived right into it just yet.

BTW, the reason I started a few saves had more to do with other aspects and nothing to do with a style of play. First of all, I was going to have a bash at Dafuge's Challenge, but that's too similar to what I did in my last major long-term save on FM10 and I quickly found myself less than enthused about starting the same thing again. Then, I decided to wait until Uncle Ron's step 3 and 4 release, so I started an experimental test save, which I hardly played. Finally, I also had a quick look at International Management on a separate save to see what had changed since FM10. So there were good reasons for my mucking about rather than starting something proper.

For FM12, I'd quite like to do some more lower league stuff in Italy, as I really enjoy managing there. I'd very much like to go back to Hellas Verona at some point (as some of you know, I have unfinished business there). But all of this would be done part of a bigger overall save in which I load a bunch of leagues and move around to other countries.

At first, I wanted to do 'Non-League to the Champions League' (I bet someone steals my title now I've put it up here ) starting off at Step 4 and trying to journeyman it as far as I can. Now, though, I'm tempted to kick things off as the Calcio Journeyman again, starting at the bottom in Italy and then doing some travelling to see how far I can get, but with the big change being that I will load tons of leagues on my new computer. I still haven't quite made my mind up but when I get some solid time for FM, I will sit down and make some decisions!

Once I come up with a good idea, and when I've played a couple of seasons and feel that it'll be my long-term save, I'll probably start a thread, as I miss posting regularly in FMCU. Such a friendly place with lots of good posters who I enjoy reading.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 01-11-2011 at 22:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast