+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 7058

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Third Team

I'm all for the general thread. It'd be nice to talk shop with members of this forum, as opposed to the GD lot.

Reserves

I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' () threads.

I'll happily start some of these discussion threads.

Youth Team

I'd certainly be happy for a few general discussion threads to pop up. I very rarely venture into the GD forum, can be a bit too moronic at times for my liking ;)

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' () threads.

I'll happily start some of these discussion threads.
    I can't wait for those and the when's the first patch out.

Third Team

I think once October 21st hits, I'm gonna escape into here and batten down the hatches.

Youth Team

i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.

Third Team

I half agree with jackripper but in the sense that at a glance it's hard to notice the discussion threads rather than the careers.

dafuge - would it work if we put a "O/T" before any discussion thread?

First Team Squad Member

Oh my goodness, my FM life has changed forever!

My new PC arrived yesterday. It's amazing!

I have tested it on FM and I get 5 stars for performance and for 3D. I can load a ton of leagues, which is amazing. I'm planning a big journeyman career for FM12!

Also tested on Minecraft and I can max it out, so I'm extremely happy with that too.

In the end I went with the Intel Quad Core I5 2500 at 3.30GHz. I also went with the 8GB RAM and the NVidia Geforce GTS450. All in all, it's a superb machine and I'm delighted so far.

Third Team

Hurrah for Crouchy!!!

First Team Squad Member

Hurrah indeed!

It's a strange feeling Iacovone. I don't feel as though I deserve it.

To be able to load lots of leagues without worrying about how slow FM is going to progress is just too strange!

I'm just a little bit too excited about it, to be honest. I'm like a kid at Christmas.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 13-09-2011 at 15:28.

Third Team

I know that feeling very well mate! About 4 months ago I had the exact same experience, it was lovely. You soon get used to having almost unlimited numbers of leagues

Are you going to transfer your Saints file over to the new computer?

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.
    There would not be anything like that posted in here, I am pretty sure any threads asking when the patch is out would be closed, deleted or moved to GD. The general threads would be advice on LLM and general career chat. I think this place would be great with some more discussion about peoples careers and advice to others. We have a very knowledgeable group of people in here and between us all I doubt there is a country at least one of us have never managed in.

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues.
    Hope to see you having a go at the continental games now, having a quick PC makes FM so much better.
    Last edited by AcidBurn; 13-09-2011 at 15:42.

Semi Pro

That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.
    I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.
    That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags ;)

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags ;)
    lol, the downside to being a mod.

Third Team

My FM12 blog discussion one needs a tag!

First Team Regular

I'm late to the discussion (but never late for dinner! Er, off topic, I guess. ), but I agree with Raware that this forum sits in kind of a weird spot.

I know I moved over (and I think Nobby did for the same reason) from LLM because this forum is open to use of the editor. I appreciate the reasons for LLM's ban on the editor, but it has the side effect of restricting management to the leagues playable out of the box. And that eliminates some really cool updates like Acidburn's continental dominance challenge.

Of course, being as open as it is makes it similar to FMS. But I'm a non-fiction kind of dude, so the "story telling" aspect of FMS isn't for me.

We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.

Part-Timer

As someone who spends most of his time in FMS, I must admit I smiled @Crouchy getting a new computer--when I _first_ joined these forums he was complaining about how old and slowslowslow his laptop was then​.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, it has taken a while Makonnen, but I got there in the end!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.
    It's good to be different ;)

Part-Timer
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    It looks like it is just a load of story threads on people's careers, which isn't really what it is supposed to be about.
    Well, it is really - it's just the content/style is different from the stories thread.

The main thing that is supposed to distinguish us from FMS is the element of discussion that goes on in our threads and I think one thing we are perhaps missing out on are the spontaneous threads discussing elements of management.
    But discussion in our threads and spontaneous discussion threads are two very different matters, and it's certainly not what should distinguish this forum from the stories one.

Are people aware that they are allowed to start threads in this forum that are not just for their career? Would people like to see more of them?
    Definitely a no from me.

I do appreciate and agree with the desire for more discussion here, but I think that would be best served via either one thread or a sub-forum. Not multiple threads all over the page.

World Cup Winner

Finally we have someone who disagrees

Youth Team

Finally we have someone who disagrees
    theres always one...

Semi Pro

After having a few 'discussion threads' pop up recently, I think they've worked quite well and sparked some interesting debates. Yeah, they might 'clog' up the forum (if that's the correct phrase) but with the addition of [Discussion thread] at the beginning of threads, it seems quite easy to distinquish between career threads and discussio theads. As long as we don't have any of the GD nonsense "when is the patch out" threads, then it should continue to work well and generate discussion between users in this forum .

World Cup Winner

It is certainly something that I'll be keeping an eye on, but when the bottom thread on the page was last posted in around a month ago I don't think we have any danger of being 'clogged up' just yet

Part-Timer
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.

theres always one...
    One bad apple................

Part-Timer

I have a bit of a dilemma in my game at the moment - I've just been offered the Spurs job for the first time (I'm a Spurs fan IRL). My Lazio team are currently top of Serie A and have qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, but as FM 2012 is out in 5 weeks (I've preordered of course!), I'm torn between staying or managing Spurs for a couple of seasons before I finish with FM 2011. Now, shall I take the job or not?

Youth Team

take it i say if youve ordered fm12

Part-Timer

I took it

Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    I took it

Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.
    Which was a mistake, as it looks to be a massive step down: no money and an appalling, poorly balanced squad (9 strikers on the books, 4 centre backs for instance). Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.

Youth Team

Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.
    lol taking the easy option now.

Part-Timer

lol taking the easy option now.
    Pretty much!

Amateur

Right, I'm probably being a complete noob here, but where do you find the European co-efficients? I've looked bloomin' everywhere!

Semi Pro

World -> Competitions -> Europe -> Clubs -> Coefficients

Amateur

Cheers Flamers! I'm an idiot...I blame the heat

Semi Pro

Haha no problem, I forget all the time :P

Youth Team

Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12
    Hooray!! \o/

A good idea for a career update thread for FM12. Every time a season finishes I'll ask the community to suggest 10 league structures to run, and every year this will guarantee a turnaround of clubs which are manageable if I'm resigned or get sacked.

Youth Team

Here's the vital stats of my new PC:

Intel Core i7 Processor
    12GB RAM
    GTX Ti 560 GPU
    120GB SATA 3 SSD
    2TB SATA 3 HDD

Semi Pro

And who chose it for you? :P

Youth Team

The mighty Flamers of course!

Semi Pro

Good boy ;)

Part-Timer

Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).

Semi Pro

I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI

International Squad

Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).
    Yes and annoying me it's made me want the game even though I've only played one friendly and I haven't played my Newcastle Town save on FM2011 anywhere near as much as I want to.
    That sounds great about part time contracts.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI
    Yeah, the UI has been a bit of a backwards step IMO

Youth Team

I like it personally, think it'll be superior once I've gotten used to it.

First Team Squad Member

Hope their is a retro skin from steam again.

Youth Team

Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...

World Cup Winner

Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.

Third Team

Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.
    Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.

First Team Squad Member

Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...
    I am having that problem at the moment as well.

World Cup Winner

Ok

Third Team

I'm never without a pun

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.
    Aye, any of mine can be closed.

Third Team

Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.

Semi Pro

I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

I currently have:

England regional first div
    France National
    German Second
    Icelandic First
    Italian Serie B
    Spain LIGA adelante

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.
    Might be a good idea, the 3D match view is looking pretty good for FM12.

Reserves

I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

I currently have:

England regional first div
    France National
    German Second
    Icelandic First
    Italian Serie B
    Spain LIGA adelante
    MLS obviously.

If you want to try something you can always try for AcidBurn's continental challenge and load some leagues from every continent. Or you can load them later to test out that new 'Manage Anywhere, Anytime' feature.

Semi Pro

Rancer this is FM11

Reserves

Rancer this is FM11
    Then load a league from every continent and load MLS.

Semi Pro

I have also started :P

Youth Team

Aaarghh! I've had no home internet or TV access since 12:14 yesterday afternoon, due to some bleedin' technical fault with Virgin Media. Doesn't look like it's going to be fixed today either, so I won't be able to play the new game until Monday at the earliest now. I'm not sure coming on here during my lunchbreak at work is going to make me feel any better either. Please think of me whilst you're enjoying your new FM12 saves!

I swear the guy on the front of my FM12 box is laughing at me too! ;) And I'm now going to have to think of a new hobby for the weekend that doesn't involve FM or Sky Sports/ESPN...

Semi Pro

Simple solution don't go with Virgin :P F2C isn't F2P :P

First Team Squad Member

Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic!

Youth Team

Simple solution don't go with Virgin :P F2C isn't F2P :P
    I know! Poor decision on my half there. Customer service is pretty shocking too, wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Youth Team

I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.

Youth Team

Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic!
    I've recently set up a YouTube account, just so I can embed a few videos in my future threads, and there's nothing wrong with 2D classic ;)

Can't say I'm too bothered about Twitter to be honest, though.

Semi Pro

I have Twitter and ramble a lot on it. Not just about FM but also MineCraft and real life.

I have BT and TalkTalk, neither I pay for

Youth Team

I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.
    I changed over from Sky last year as Virgin were a bit cheaper overall, and I also got ESPN as part of the package without having to pay a supplement for it. Obviously, a big mistake in hindsight.

The only silver lining in this debacle is that I've now got a valid excuse to go to the pub tomorrow night, just so I can watch the Liverpool match live on ESPN. It then won't be my fault for consuming a few early-evening pints, it will be all Virgin's fault!

Youth Team

Yes, and if you happen to go on to the harder stuff and roll in at 3am stinking of cheap fags and perfume that's clearly Virgin's fault too!

I got myself a Twitter account 100% because of FM11. Don't think I've ever done a manual tweet...

First Team Squad Member

I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.

Part-Timer

I could never imagine myself tweeting.

Part-Timer

can anyone explain why my pics look so small? i look at other threads and they are quite large, i use the snip tool then upload via photobucket then use the IMG code.

Semi Pro

danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised

First Team Squad Member

I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.
    I'll follow you AB!

I need to set up a FM Twitter account first!

Part-Timer

danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised
    How do i use full size images?

Semi Pro

There will be one for a thumbnail and one for a full sized one

I did write this guide to help people: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6507977

First Team Squad Member

I have a similar problem when using imageshack it seems since the forum changed the images are a different size to what they used to be.

I'll follow you AB!

I need to set up a FM Twitter account first!
    Cool, you get to see me talk about FM and moan about how bad Sunderland and Crewe are lol.

First Team Squad Member

I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB!

Part-Timer

There will be one for a thumbnail and one for a full sized one

I did write this guide to help people: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6507977
    Thanks for that. I am copying the orginal size link and still abit small. maybe the forum is restrictive?

Semi Pro

Crouchy I'm following you now

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

I don't bother with twitter, youtube is useful for the goals/match highlights though.

Youth Team

am i the only one who hasnt or plan on buying fm12?

First Team Squad Member

am i the only one who hasnt or plan on buying fm12?
    Why not?

The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.

Youth Team

Hooray! My internet has sprung back into life!

Activating now, just in time for the weekend. Tonight, might be a late one now ;)

Youth Team

Hey guys.

I've had absoloutley no time for FM at all these last several weeks but when I got the 'FM12 is out now!' email, I couldn't resist. ;)

Just waiting for the download to complete and then time to pick which leagues for this year's journey man career.

In the meantime, what are your early thoughts on the game?

Youth Team

Why not?

The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.
    Its like the game is the same as last years and the years before. i am struggling to get into it. Even the demo i just seemed to be clicking continue because ive seen it all before.

Amateur

Hah, love this little touch

Barcelona we ain't

First Team Squad Member

Crouchy I'm following you now
    Cheers! I'm following you too Flamers.

First Team Squad Member

I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB!
    So I'm on Crouchy_SACFC for Football Manager updates, if anyone is interested.

Then I've got an account for St. Albans City stuff, which is @Daedalus1882. Not sure if anyone is interested but it's mainly me tweeting other people about the Saints and Non-League football in general.

So that's:

http://twitter.com/#!/Crouchy_SACFC

http://twitter.com/#!/Daedalus1882

Youth Team

following the two of your, im acidphire21 if you guys wanna follow me

First Team Squad Member

Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.

Third Team

Followed both AB and Crouchy

Youth Team

Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.
    Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career.

I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career.

I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available.
    I just wish I knew more about the editor and creating files. I made New Zealand then holidayed until 2022 and it was fine no crash dumps at all then it started crashing after three tests. Did three more and it went past the date it previously crashed on. Went to play it and more crashes, I really hate FM at times lol.

First Team Regular

Woo!

Pretty sure I'm the first FMCU manager to get sacked in FM '12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast