+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,500 of 7058

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

  1. #2401
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    I'm all for the general thread. It'd be nice to talk shop with members of this forum, as opposed to the GD lot.

  2. #2402
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,541

    Default

    I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

    There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' () threads.

    I'll happily start some of these discussion threads.

  3. #2403
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    I'd certainly be happy for a few general discussion threads to pop up. I very rarely venture into the GD forum, can be a bit too moronic at times for my liking ;)

  4. #2404
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I always thought that we would be similar to FMS but we can have pictures and we don't have to write an actual story.

    There were several times daf that we suggsted an FMCU OTF thread but it really got going...but if you want to have some 'GD-like' threads without the 'When is FM12 coming out???' () threads.

    I'll happily start some of these discussion threads.
    I can't wait for those and the when's the first patch out.

  5. #2405
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    I think once October 21st hits, I'm gonna escape into here and batten down the hatches.

  6. #2406
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.

  7. #2407
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    I half agree with jackripper but in the sense that at a glance it's hard to notice the discussion threads rather than the careers.

    dafuge - would it work if we put a "O/T" before any discussion thread?

  8. #2408
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Oh my goodness, my FM life has changed forever!

    My new PC arrived yesterday. It's amazing!

    I have tested it on FM and I get 5 stars for performance and for 3D. I can load a ton of leagues, which is amazing. I'm planning a big journeyman career for FM12!

    Also tested on Minecraft and I can max it out, so I'm extremely happy with that too.

    In the end I went with the Intel Quad Core I5 2500 at 3.30GHz. I also went with the 8GB RAM and the NVidia Geforce GTS450. All in all, it's a superb machine and I'm delighted so far.

  9. #2409
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    Hurrah for Crouchy!!!

  10. #2410
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Hurrah indeed!

    It's a strange feeling Iacovone. I don't feel as though I deserve it.

    To be able to load lots of leagues without worrying about how slow FM is going to progress is just too strange!

    I'm just a little bit too excited about it, to be honest. I'm like a kid at Christmas.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 13-09-2011 at 15:28.

  11. #2411
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    I know that feeling very well mate! About 4 months ago I had the exact same experience, it was lovely. You soon get used to having almost unlimited numbers of leagues

    Are you going to transfer your Saints file over to the new computer?

  12. #2412
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

    I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

    I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues.

  13. #2413
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.
    There would not be anything like that posted in here, I am pretty sure any threads asking when the patch is out would be closed, deleted or moved to GD. The general threads would be advice on LLM and general career chat. I think this place would be great with some more discussion about peoples careers and advice to others. We have a very knowledgeable group of people in here and between us all I doubt there is a country at least one of us have never managed in.

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Yeah, I will 100% be loading up my Saints save on this new computer.

    I'll probably also put my Calcio journeyman save on here too. I might end up resuming that now actually because the reason I stopped was due to slowdown on my laptop.

    I probably won't start anything new until FM12 comes out now. Then I will unleash the full power of my new machine and load a ton of leagues.
    Hope to see you having a go at the continental games now, having a quick PC makes FM so much better.
    Last edited by AcidBurn; 13-09-2011 at 15:42.

  14. #2414
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th November 2004
    Location
    in a Kuwaiti wonderland
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    i know were looking to expand the career forum here with General posts and all but im slightly concerned that careers will be mixed up/lost when people from GD start popping over and posting rambles poo on ere. im not against the idea of posting General stuff regarding careers aswell but i just hope we dont get the usual silly things like "when is the patch out malaraky." Maybe im being niave im not sure i just like the thread how it is.
    That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.

  15. #2415
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    That's true. Maybe we should put what version of the game were playing (E.G, FM11) before the thread title? I know we do that at the minute but that's only for threads that are using older versions of the game. Maybe we should use that for all versions of the game? I don't know, just an idea to try and differentiate between career threads and discussion threads as jackripper said.
    I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.

  16. #2416
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th November 2004
    Location
    in a Kuwaiti wonderland
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    I think a good idea would be to get people to put [Discussion] at the start of any non career threads but I doubt everyone would do it.
    That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags ;)

  17. #2417
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    That could be a job for you (as a mod) to correct the threads without tags ;)
    lol, the downside to being a mod.

  18. #2418
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    My FM12 blog discussion one needs a tag!

  19. #2419
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    1st March 2000
    Location
    Nevada's south beach PSNID: jtyotf
    Posts
    25,265

    Default

    I'm late to the discussion (but never late for dinner! Er, off topic, I guess. ), but I agree with Raware that this forum sits in kind of a weird spot.

    I know I moved over (and I think Nobby did for the same reason) from LLM because this forum is open to use of the editor. I appreciate the reasons for LLM's ban on the editor, but it has the side effect of restricting management to the leagues playable out of the box. And that eliminates some really cool updates like Acidburn's continental dominance challenge.

    Of course, being as open as it is makes it similar to FMS. But I'm a non-fiction kind of dude, so the "story telling" aspect of FMS isn't for me.

    We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.

  20. #2420
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    4th August 2009
    Location
    5m1w
    Posts
    1,522

    Default

    As someone who spends most of his time in FMS, I must admit I smiled @Crouchy getting a new computer--when I _first_ joined these forums he was complaining about how old and slowslowslow his laptop was then​.

  21. #2421
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Yeah, it has taken a while Makonnen, but I got there in the end!

  22. #2422
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th November 2004
    Location
    in a Kuwaiti wonderland
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    We're sort of a misfit forum, and that's ok.
    It's good to be different ;)

  23. #2423
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th August 2009
    Location
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    It looks like it is just a load of story threads on people's careers, which isn't really what it is supposed to be about.
    Well, it is really - it's just the content/style is different from the stories thread.

    The main thing that is supposed to distinguish us from FMS is the element of discussion that goes on in our threads and I think one thing we are perhaps missing out on are the spontaneous threads discussing elements of management.
    But discussion in our threads and spontaneous discussion threads are two very different matters, and it's certainly not what should distinguish this forum from the stories one.

    Are people aware that they are allowed to start threads in this forum that are not just for their career? Would people like to see more of them?
    Definitely a no from me.

    I do appreciate and agree with the desire for more discussion here, but I think that would be best served via either one thread or a sub-forum. Not multiple threads all over the page.

  24. #2424
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,012

    Default

    Finally we have someone who disagrees

  25. #2425
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Finally we have someone who disagrees
    theres always one...

  26. #2426
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th November 2004
    Location
    in a Kuwaiti wonderland
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    After having a few 'discussion threads' pop up recently, I think they've worked quite well and sparked some interesting debates. Yeah, they might 'clog' up the forum (if that's the correct phrase) but with the addition of [Discussion thread] at the beginning of threads, it seems quite easy to distinquish between career threads and discussio theads. As long as we don't have any of the GD nonsense "when is the patch out" threads, then it should continue to work well and generate discussion between users in this forum .

  27. #2427
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,012

    Default

    It is certainly something that I'll be keeping an eye on, but when the bottom thread on the page was last posted in around a month ago I don't think we have any danger of being 'clogged up' just yet

  28. #2428
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    27th August 2009
    Location
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    theres always one...
    One bad apple................

  29. #2429
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st January 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I have a bit of a dilemma in my game at the moment - I've just been offered the Spurs job for the first time (I'm a Spurs fan IRL). My Lazio team are currently top of Serie A and have qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, but as FM 2012 is out in 5 weeks (I've preordered of course!), I'm torn between staying or managing Spurs for a couple of seasons before I finish with FM 2011. Now, shall I take the job or not?

  30. #2430
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    take it i say if youve ordered fm12

  31. #2431
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st January 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I took it

    Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.

  32. #2432
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st January 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    I took it

    Partly inspired by witnessing today's demolition.
    Which was a mistake, as it looks to be a massive step down: no money and an appalling, poorly balanced squad (9 strikers on the books, 4 centre backs for instance). Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.

  33. #2433
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    Fortunately I saved just before taking the job so I'm going to go back to Lazio - it was somewhat more enjoyable than this struggle with Spurs.
    lol taking the easy option now.

  34. #2434
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st January 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    lol taking the easy option now.
    Pretty much!

  35. #2435
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2006
    Location
    Your ****ing fairytales disgust me
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Right, I'm probably being a complete noob here, but where do you find the European co-efficients? I've looked bloomin' everywhere!

  36. #2436
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    World -> Competitions -> Europe -> Clubs -> Coefficients

  37. #2437
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2006
    Location
    Your ****ing fairytales disgust me
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Cheers Flamers! I'm an idiot...I blame the heat

  38. #2438
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Haha no problem, I forget all the time :P

  39. #2439
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12

  40. #2440
    Third Team
    Join Date
    24th October 2006
    Posts
    6,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Well continuing on the wave of new PCs in FMCU, I should have a new one for FM12
    Hooray!! \o/

  41. #2441

    Default

    A good idea for a career update thread for FM12. Every time a season finishes I'll ask the community to suggest 10 league structures to run, and every year this will guarantee a turnaround of clubs which are manageable if I'm resigned or get sacked.

  42. #2442
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Here's the vital stats of my new PC:

    Intel Core i7 Processor
    12GB RAM
    GTX Ti 560 GPU
    120GB SATA 3 SSD
    2TB SATA 3 HDD


  43. #2443
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    And who chose it for you? :P

  44. #2444
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    The mighty Flamers of course!

  45. #2445
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Good boy ;)

  46. #2446
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st January 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

    Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).

  47. #2447
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI

  48. #2448
    International Squad
    Join Date
    5th November 2002
    Location
    On the golf course
    Posts
    30,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post
    Has anyone tried the FM 12 demo yet?

    Interestingly from the discussion thread on it it appears that BSS and BSN semi pro clubs won't be able to offer full time contracts until they turn full-time. Should make starting at that level a little more of a challenge (especially if you're doing dafuge's challenge).
    Yes and annoying me it's made me want the game even though I've only played one friendly and I haven't played my Newcastle Town save on FM2011 anywhere near as much as I want to.
    That sounds great about part time contracts.

  49. #2449
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    I have, it's ok. Just not a massive shift other than a confusing UI
    Yeah, the UI has been a bit of a backwards step IMO

  50. #2450
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    I like it personally, think it'll be superior once I've gotten used to it.

  51. #2451
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Hope their is a retro skin from steam again.

  52. #2452
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...

  53. #2453
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,012

    Default

    Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.

  54. #2454
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Just to give everyone a bit of a warning, I'll be adding the 'FM11' prefix to all the thread titles next weekend. The forum will look a bit messy for a while but it means that I can get it done before the FM12 threads start appearing.
    Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.

  55. #2455
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Now I just have to think of a pun for my FM12 thread title...
    I am having that problem at the moment as well.

  56. #2456
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,012

    Default

    Ok

  57. #2457
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    I'm never without a pun

  58. #2458
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    1st March 2000
    Location
    Nevada's south beach PSNID: jtyotf
    Posts
    25,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Close mine, Daf. I don't need it any more.
    Aye, any of mine can be closed.

  59. #2459
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

    I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.

  60. #2460
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

    I currently have:

    England regional first div
    France National
    German Second
    Icelandic First
    Italian Serie B
    Spain LIGA adelante

  61. #2461
    World Cup Winner
    Join Date
    20th May 2003
    Posts
    56,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Do you think it's worth having a Youtube thread, now that the scope of the videos available is bigger?

    I noticed that the Challenges thread died a death.
    Might be a good idea, the 3D match view is looking pretty good for FM12.

  62. #2462
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    I posted this in my career thread but I thought I would post it here. What leagues should i load for my save?

    I currently have:

    England regional first div
    France National
    German Second
    Icelandic First
    Italian Serie B
    Spain LIGA adelante
    MLS obviously.

    If you want to try something you can always try for AcidBurn's continental challenge and load some leagues from every continent. Or you can load them later to test out that new 'Manage Anywhere, Anytime' feature.

  63. #2463
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Rancer this is FM11

  64. #2464
    Reserves
    Join Date
    29th December 2006
    Location
    2011 Best FMCU Poster!
    Posts
    12,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Rancer this is FM11
    Then load a league from every continent and load MLS.

  65. #2465
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    I have also started :P

  66. #2466
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Aaarghh! I've had no home internet or TV access since 12:14 yesterday afternoon, due to some bleedin' technical fault with Virgin Media. Doesn't look like it's going to be fixed today either, so I won't be able to play the new game until Monday at the earliest now. I'm not sure coming on here during my lunchbreak at work is going to make me feel any better either. Please think of me whilst you're enjoying your new FM12 saves!

    I swear the guy on the front of my FM12 box is laughing at me too! ;) And I'm now going to have to think of a new hobby for the weekend that doesn't involve FM or Sky Sports/ESPN...

  67. #2467
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Simple solution don't go with Virgin :P F2C isn't F2P :P

  68. #2468
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

    I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic!

  69. #2469
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Simple solution don't go with Virgin :P F2C isn't F2P :P
    I know! Poor decision on my half there. Customer service is pretty shocking too, wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

  70. #2470
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

    Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.

  71. #2471
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

    I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic!
    I've recently set up a YouTube account, just so I can embed a few videos in my future threads, and there's nothing wrong with 2D classic ;)

    Can't say I'm too bothered about Twitter to be honest, though.

  72. #2472
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    I have Twitter and ramble a lot on it. Not just about FM but also MineCraft and real life.

    I have BT and TalkTalk, neither I pay for

  73. #2473
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I had them in most of the houses I lived in as an undergrad, went for Sky as soon as I moved in with the missus, so so so so so far superior in every way!

    Virgin are, however, still miles better than BT. Absolute mess of a broadband company.
    I changed over from Sky last year as Virgin were a bit cheaper overall, and I also got ESPN as part of the package without having to pay a supplement for it. Obviously, a big mistake in hindsight.

    The only silver lining in this debacle is that I've now got a valid excuse to go to the pub tomorrow night, just so I can watch the Liverpool match live on ESPN. It then won't be my fault for consuming a few early-evening pints, it will be all Virgin's fault!

  74. #2474
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    18th December 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    4,956

    Default

    Yes, and if you happen to go on to the harder stuff and roll in at 3am stinking of cheap fags and perfume that's clearly Virgin's fault too!

    I got myself a Twitter account 100% because of FM11. Don't think I've ever done a manual tweet...

  75. #2475
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Might have to set up a Twitter account. Is it worth doing? Are other people interested in this sort of thing? I'd also like to follow some other FMCUers. Who else is doing FM on Twitter?

    I might even have to set up a YouTube account now. I hope you guys like watching videos in 2D Classic!
    I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.

  76. #2476
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    29th October 2009
    Location
    On the Cowboy Bebop! PSN: BLUEALIZAE
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    I could never imagine myself tweeting.

  77. #2477
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th February 2007
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    can anyone explain why my pics look so small? i look at other threads and they are quite large, i use the snip tool then upload via photobucket then use the IMG code.

  78. #2478
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised

  79. #2479
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    I post about FM on twitter and other football stuff. I have a huge following of 39 people that's how cool I am.
    I'll follow you AB!

    I need to set up a FM Twitter account first!

  80. #2480
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th February 2007
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised
    How do i use full size images?

  81. #2481
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    There will be one for a thumbnail and one for a full sized one

    I did write this guide to help people: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6507977

  82. #2482
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    danielgear you will be using thumbnails not full size images I would also suggest photobucket as you can keep them all in your account and organised
    I have a similar problem when using imageshack it seems since the forum changed the images are a different size to what they used to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I'll follow you AB!

    I need to set up a FM Twitter account first!
    Cool, you get to see me talk about FM and moan about how bad Sunderland and Crewe are lol.

  83. #2483
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

    Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB!

  84. #2484
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    24th February 2007
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    There will be one for a thumbnail and one for a full sized one

    I did write this guide to help people: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post6507977
    Thanks for that. I am copying the orginal size link and still abit small. maybe the forum is restrictive?

  85. #2485
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    27th September 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Crouchy I'm following you now

  86. #2486
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    16th February 2009
    Location
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1
    Posts
    3,128

    Default

    I don't bother with twitter, youtube is useful for the goals/match highlights though.

  87. #2487
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    am i the only one who hasnt or plan on buying fm12?

  88. #2488
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    am i the only one who hasnt or plan on buying fm12?
    Why not?

    The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.

  89. #2489
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    12th November 2010
    Location
    FMCU Best Thread Name Winner 2012 & 2013
    Posts
    5,077

    Default

    Hooray! My internet has sprung back into life!

    Activating now, just in time for the weekend. Tonight, might be a late one now ;)

  90. #2490
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    17th June 2007
    Location
    Turkey for now, soon to be Gabon!
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Hey guys.

    I've had absoloutley no time for FM at all these last several weeks but when I got the 'FM12 is out now!' email, I couldn't resist. ;)

    Just waiting for the download to complete and then time to pick which leagues for this year's journey man career.

    In the meantime, what are your early thoughts on the game?

  91. #2491
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    7th October 2007
    Location
    I tell the truth even when i lie
    Posts
    4,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Why not?

    The add/remove league feature alone make it worth buying.
    Its like the game is the same as last years and the years before. i am struggling to get into it. Even the demo i just seemed to be clicking continue because ive seen it all before.

  92. #2492
    Amateur
    Join Date
    21st March 2006
    Location
    Your ****ing fairytales disgust me
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Hah, love this little touch

    Barcelona we ain't

  93. #2493
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Crouchy I'm following you now
    Cheers! I'm following you too Flamers.

  94. #2494
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th June 2007
    Posts
    15,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I've just set up an account for FM updates: @Crouchy_SACFC

    Let me know your Twitter accounts and I will follow them. I've added you AB!
    So I'm on Crouchy_SACFC for Football Manager updates, if anyone is interested.

    Then I've got an account for St. Albans City stuff, which is @Daedalus1882. Not sure if anyone is interested but it's mainly me tweeting other people about the Saints and Non-League football in general.

    So that's:

    http://twitter.com/#!/Crouchy_SACFC

    http://twitter.com/#!/Daedalus1882

  95. #2495
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    10th August 2003
    Location
    Follow me @acidphire21
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    following the two of your, im acidphire21 if you guys wanna follow me

  96. #2496
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.

  97. #2497
    Third Team
    Join Date
    17th April 2009
    Posts
    7,641

    Default

    Followed both AB and Crouchy

  98. #2498
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    17th June 2007
    Location
    Turkey for now, soon to be Gabon!
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Now that FM is here I am playing as Sunderland due to my created New Zealand league producing crash dumps. Might just leave it out and head into FM for a world journey man game but I haven't got a clue what leagues to load first to start in.
    Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career.

    I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available.

  99. #2499
    First Team Squad Member
    Join Date
    27th November 2005
    Location
    Enter the dragon, exit Johnny Clarke
    Posts
    16,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Thanks for letting us know as I was intending to use your xml file for a journeyman career.

    I think my journey man for this year is going on hold for a little while... I got sucked in by one of those CSE threads again so I'm going to start out with that and come back here once a patch or two has come out and some more additional leagues are available.
    I just wish I knew more about the editor and creating files. I made New Zealand then holidayed until 2022 and it was fine no crash dumps at all then it started crashing after three tests. Did three more and it went past the date it previously crashed on. Went to play it and more crashes, I really hate FM at times lol.

  100. #2500
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    1st March 2000
    Location
    Nevada's south beach PSNID: jtyotf
    Posts
    25,265

    Default

    Woo!

    Pretty sure I'm the first FMCU manager to get sacked in FM '12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts