+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 7074

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Reserves

Proper struggling to get into a save at the moment. What I would like to know is how all those that can have long term saves manage to not get bored.

Youth Team

constantly change targets, or move clubs to manage in a different country are my aims.

Reserves

I try to do that but I just get bored. The longest save on Fmm1 that I've had has probably been 2/3 seasons, maybe 4. I just read the forums too much as well and that doesn't help. Or when I see something in the news and I want to be that team. I may go back to have a Forest save but just using the players that come through the academy or that or already at the club. I have a feeling though I'll just get bored.

World Cup Winner

Long term planning is the only way to play, or a journeyman save.

If I ever got bored playing FM I'd try to find something else to do rather than trying to start a new save.

Youth Team

yea i find if i get bored ill go off and play or do something else then come back to it.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Does anyone use twitter to post about their FM career?
    When I'm not posting about ice-hockey, yeah..

Reserves

I've tried the journeyman saves but I generally don't load enough leagues or load too many which makes it so slow. If I get bored of FM I always try and start a new save, I guess that isn't helping. I don't have many other games which I can play for ages though.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    When I'm not posting about ice-hockey, yeah..
    Whats ya twitter name ill follow ya for random FM updates and the ice hockey stuff will be good too

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    Proper struggling to get into a save at the moment. What I would like to know is how all those that can have long term saves manage to not get bored.
    I try and stick to acidmonkeys philosophy...

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    constantly change targets, or move clubs to manage in a different country are my aims.
    For example, my Asian save at the minute. I started out trying to play alongside rancers Asian challenge game but it got to the point where I felt a new challenge was needed for me if I was to continue the save. I came close to achieving rancers challene but as I said, I needed something new so I changed the aim of my save and decided to (as acidmonkey said) manage in a different country and attempt different aims. Once I felt that I had accomplished everything I could in that nation, I moved on.

So, in my save at the minute, I've managed in four of Asia's leagues (Hong Kong, China, Australia, South Korea) with a couple of national team jobs thrown in to keep things interesting and I'm just as much into my save as I was at the beginning. When I start to become tired of it again, I'll look at a new challenge again, maybe trying something like hrbfcrule has done or DSYoungEsq or maybe even going back to trying to complete what I set out to do in completing rancers challenge.

It's all about keeping your save fresh. That's how it works for me anyway .

Reserves

I've holidayed a save for a season and a half and it's now in January 2012. I've had a look and I'm going to be Forest who are 18th in the Prem. They also have Toloi(Brazilian CB) on loan from Man United.

Third Team

I had the challenge of trying to break the domination of the Big 3/4 in Portugal, using only Portuguese players. This was fun!

Reserves

I've gone off being Forest. Instead using someone's save where Swindon got took over.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    I've gone off being Forest. Instead using someone's save where Swindon got took over.
    Try Portugal

Third Team

Well?

Youth Team

im currently trying to beat every record of most wins in the premier league fa cup league cup champs league and euro super cup with my saints side. Also aiming to take over Fergie in the HOF.

Third Team

Deisler you've got to take that!

Amateur

Thinking about doing a career update on my Darlington save, only problem is that I'm in the 3rd season now so could be out of kilt. Would people be interested.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, suggest you just briefly cover the first two seasons if you don't have the details and then start properly with the third one.

Third Team

Whats ya twitter name ill follow ya for random FM updates and the ice hockey stuff will be good too
    @grantsales

They'll be mainly baseball tweets up til October ;)

Part-Timer

Still nothing like taking an Icelandic to Champions League glory... still can't get 2 in a row.

Youth Team

@grantsales

Following now, im Acidphire21 as for baseball meh!

Youth Team

can you change my title to:

"Acidmonkey's 2011 World Tour!"

World Cup Winner

Done, although for future reference this thread: Mod Requests is the one that is usually used for title changes, deletions etc.

First Team Squad Member

@grantsales

Following now as well, I am Acidburn81 by the way.

First Team Squad Member

Guys, what are your opinions on Steam? Both in a Football Manager sense and with any other games too?

Also, one very basic question I have is, if I have a game on Steam such as FM or whatever, am I able to play it if I am offline? Or do I need to be logged into the Steam thing and on the Internet to play?

I know we have some who are quite pro- Steam, like Flamers. I've always been negative on Steam but then I recently bought Terraria with it and now I'm thinking maybe I could try FM on it in the future.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Done, although for future reference this thread: Mod Requests is the one that is usually used for title changes, deletions etc.
    i knew there was one but i couldn't see it on my phone sorry

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Guys, what are your opinions on Steam? Both in a Football Manager sense and with any other games too?

Also, one very basic question I have is, if I have a game on Steam such as FM or whatever, am I able to play it if I am offline? Or do I need to be logged into the Steam thing and on the Internet to play?

I know we have some who are quite pro- Steam, like Flamers. I've always been negative on Steam but then I recently bought Terraria with it and now I'm thinking maybe I could try FM on it in the future.
    yea ou can set it up for "offline" mode, you need to be logged into steam, but dont need to be online,
    Last edited by acidmonkey; 31-07-2011 at 20:24.

Semi Pro

As you said I am quite "pro steam". I have a consistent connection so I don't have a problem but you can play in offline mode fine so that is no worry. The main thing I like is that I can chat while I play

First Team Squad Member

Cheers for the replies Acidmonkey and Flamers.

I've hated Steam ever since I had a bad experience with it when installing FM09. So I avoided it ever since.

But recently, I bought Terraria via Steam, and it seems to have changed quite a bit. I think maybe I might try installing FM on it in the future and maybe try some other games via Steam.

I was just wondering what people's general views were. Originally, I kind of hated that it was intrusive and I also disliked having a third-party application on my computer in order to access a game. But now, I figure having all of my games in one place and some of the other features, like automatic patching and updates for example, are worth it.

Youth Team

i was in the same boat i hated it, for the exact same reasons, but now i couldn't do with out it, so much better than before.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, I might have to give it a shot with FM too.

Terraria is really good btw.

Reserves

Alot of people had problems with Steam for FM09 iirc. I would suggest give it a try again as I've never head any problems with it. If I don't have a connection(when I'm in the car to a mates usually) it just says that it couldn't find a connection and asks you whether to retry or to sign in offline. I don't think you can get the accomplishments when you're offline though but surely that isn't a problem.

First Team Squad Member

Cheers for that NF.

Yeah, I'm not that bothered by the achievements, although I guess it could be interesting.

I suppose you can't get them retrospectively? You have to be playing when you make the achievement right ?

First Team Squad Member

I like getting the achievements there are some fun ones to try and get. Pretty sure you have to be online to get the achievement.

Youth Team

yea cant get them retrospectively, they are fun but there are two that's broken but SI wouldn't accept that on the twitter feed

First Team Squad Member

How can they not accept it when zero percent of people have done them. I never turn my internet off and have achieved the continental king one twice.

Youth Team

exactly there's only that and the professor achievement 0% of people have but on twitter they said they have been assured they work.

First Team Squad Member

Would be easier if they actually tried to get the achievements themselves. Would only take a couple of hours if they cheated to see if they work.

Third Team

Yeah, Steam? Bad FM09 experience and wont ever go back.

Reserves

I like Steam. I've bought a lot of games on it and there are sales sometimes. I really have no complaints about them.

Third Team

Anyone on tonight?

Youth Team

Anyone on tonight?
    im on now mate

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    im on now mate
    Typical! I'm off to bed now!

Youth Team

hahahaha good nite or should it be god morning lol..

Youth Team

Worst thing about Twitter updates is it shows me getting smashed

Youth Team

<----- probably the only person that doesnt use twitter

Youth Team

woo, means you wont know i got smashes 7-2.....oh bugger

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    <----- probably the only person that doesnt use twitter
    I don't use it either JR.

I'm also not on Facebook!

World Cup Winner

I've not got into twitter either. I've got enough distractions on the computer, I don't need another one!

First Team Squad Member

You bought a new computer recently, didn't you Dafuge?

What specs & cost etc.? I'm curious as you seem to run a good amount of leagues and zoom through the seasons! ;)

World Cup Winner

I think I bought it a couple of years ago, can't quite remember. No idea how much it cost, but I remember it was a lot, probably not far off £1k. I could post the specs if you want, but it is probably a bit dated now.

To be honest, the speed at which I play isn't much to do with my computer, it is to do with how I play. I stick to one tactic, let the assistant take the press conferences and OI's and at the moment I watch the matches with commentary only. I also start a game with a lot less than the recommended limit for the players (something like 50k instead of 125k). I think the only time I really notice the speed is when it is saving/loading, which I don't tend to do that often.

Youth Team

still not found a machine Crouchy?

i noticed this the other day and is a decent spec for FM bit dated as its all about the i3/5/7 CPUs now but a quad core is still more than capable

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I think I bought it a couple of years ago, can't quite remember. No idea how much it cost, but I remember it was a lot, probably not far off £1k. I could post the specs if you want, but it is probably a bit dated now.

To be honest, the speed at which I play isn't much to do with my computer, it is to do with how I play. I stick to one tactic, let the assistant take the press conferences and OI's and at the moment I watch the matches with commentary only. I also start a game with a lot less than the recommended limit for the players (something like 50k instead of 125k). I think the only time I really notice the speed is when it is saving/loading, which I don't tend to do that often.
    Cheers for the reply Dafuge.

Hoping that a new computer will get me back into the newer FMs!

still not found a machine Crouchy?

i noticed this the other day and is a decent spec for FM bit dated as its all about the i3/5/7 CPUs now but a quad core is still more than capable
    It's more just taking my time! I'm saving up as we speak and also keeping an eye out to make the right decision! I don't want to rush it. I have a few ideas though.

Cheers for the link. I'll take a look now.

Amateur

Currently 14 games in with Celtic trailing Rangers by 5 points but finally got my tactics sorted I think. I've been knocked out of the League Cup and Champions League so its not a great first season!!

I've managed to raise £13.75m offloading 6 players including Samaras (£3.4m) & Hinkel (£3m) replacing them with Landon Donovan & Lataouro Acosta for £7.35m & £1.1m respectively.

First Team Squad Member

I have created a World Champions League that takes teams from over 100 countries and plays a format similar to the European Champions League. I was thinking of being a New Zealand based team and trying to win the World Champions League. I have heard people complain that it is harder to get a non-European league up in the star rating system so it rivals that of the European nations, is this true?

Been ages since I did a career thread so hoping to put one up for this save, the league and OFC Champions League will be a bit boring but the World one will be one hell of a challenge.

Youth Team

Well looking at the ESPN Schedule im going to be set for tomorrow playing this:
    9:30 AZ alkmaar V PSV
    11:15 CSKA Moscow V St Petersberg
    1:30 Mainz V Leverkusen
    3:30 Bayern Munich v Borussia Monchengladbach

so if anyone needs me ill be in front of the TV with FM11

Third Team

Sounds lovely!

Youth Team

Well looking at the ESPN Schedule im going to be set for tomorrow playing this:
    9:30 AZ alkmaar V PSV
    11:15 CSKA Moscow V St Petersberg
    1:30 Mainz V Leverkusen
    3:30 Bayern Munich v Borussia Monchengladbach

so if anyone needs me ill be in front of the TV with FM11
    Man, I've got 6 weeks off work and that's what I wish I was doing tomorrow. Instead, I'm slabbing the back garden all day .

Youth Team

Tuesday will be just as good

First Team Squad Member

FM12 announcement time must be coming fairly soon. Maybe the end of the month? So, I was wondering, is anyone on the FMCU forum starting to think of their plans for FM12 yet? I know it's a bit early but I thought it could be an interesting discussion.

What are you guys expecting from FM12? And what would you like to see? What are you hoping for most of all? Finally, tell us what your plans are on your current saves in the meantime!

I've decided that this year I'm going to go into the new game with a totally open mind and give FM12 a chance to wow me! I'm going to give FM12 a real go this year, so I hope it is going to be good!

Meanwhile, I'm planning on sticking with FM10 for a bit longer. My plan is to stick with my FM10 Saints save, plug away slowly but surely and try to achieve some of my longer term goals (i.e. Michel Vermeer breaking records, new stadium named after me and that kind of thing). But I'm going to be playing much more slowly now. I found that too much FM10 was turning me against the game and getting me frustrated. My new theory is little and often. I'm also planning to go a bit more in depth with my Saints save and to do some monthly updates, I think.

I also have an FM08 save on the go, basically because I love that version of the game and I know that I can load a ton of leagues. I'm playing it fairly casually. I find I can switch back to that version and just enjoy it so much. So I intend to keep that going. I'm not sure about posting it on here though. I don't know if anyone would be interested in an FM08 save. Would you guys be interested?

Then really it's just a case of keeping the fingers crossed for FM12 to capture my attention. I'm also planning on buying a new computer at some point and I want to get a spec which really improves the speed of the latest games for me. So, hopefully FM12 will be a new era for me!

I had some time away from FM recently (played a lot of Minecraft and Terraria) but I always missed my regular dose of virtual football management! I think the time away did me some good and now I'm looking forward to FM12 with renewed optimism.

What I'm hoping for most of all from FM12 is for it to feel more dynamic and responsive, plus for all of the core features (tactics, training, transfers and that kind of thing) to get a real polish and major improvement.

So how about you guys?

World Cup Winner

I'm looking forward to FM12, pretty much just so I can get a new long term game going!

I'm not really sure if there are any major new features I can think of that I would like to see, but I'd be happy to see lots of new improvements to current features (like the tweaks to training with FM11).

I'll be sticking with my FM11 save until FM12 release, but I don't really have any long term plans. I think I might stay with Pompey for a while, but I'm not sure if that will be enough to keep me going until FM12. Perhaps I'll have a few short stints in the countries I have not managed in yet.

I'm fairly certain about what my FM12 game will be, it will be a long term game based at just one club in a smaller nation. I'm not quite sure which nation yet, but it will definitely be European, possibly Wales or Northern Ireland.

Youth Team

also looking forward to FM12,

again there's nothing i can think of feature wise id like, possibly something like testimonials etc. but some tweaks to training fix the weird little things too like the feeder club thing and ill be happy

just started a new ish game on FM11 so will be playing that till im don't, as for a save on FM12 i think it will be a journeyman game with all league loaded,

Youth Team

I'm also going to stick with my FM11 save until I get FM12. I might delay buying the game while I get my MA thesis done though.... Might ;)

For FM 12, I think I'll do another journeyman but with more European leagues that go down a few tiers. My last two careers have mainly featured leagues with one or two tiers and that seems to bring success at a continental level pretty quickly. I'm looking for more depth next time.

As for new features, I think agents were a nice addition to FM11 and I'd like to see more detail there. Agents for managers would be a good idea - they could have a hand in negotiating new deals and finding new clubs for you. Could be fun!

Youth Team

if anyones bothered ive watched all three matches today and im 78mins into Bayern's game im surprised at myself for sitting through the full day!

First Team Squad Member

FM12 announcement time must be coming fairly soon. Maybe the end of the month? So, I was wondering, is anyone on the FMCU forum starting to think of their plans for FM12 yet? I know it's a bit early but I thought it could be an interesting discussion.

What are you guys expecting from FM12? And what would you like to see? What are you hoping for most of all? Finally, tell us what your plans are on your current saves in the meantime!

I've decided that this year I'm going to go into the new game with a totally open mind and give FM12 a chance to wow me! I'm going to give FM12 a real go this year, so I hope it is going to be good!

Meanwhile, I'm planning on sticking with FM10 for a bit longer. My plan is to stick with my FM10 Saints save, plug away slowly but surely and try to achieve some of my longer term goals (i.e. Michel Vermeer breaking records, new stadium named after me and that kind of thing). But I'm going to be playing much more slowly now. I found that too much FM10 was turning me against the game and getting me frustrated. My new theory is little and often. I'm also planning to go a bit more in depth with my Saints save and to do some monthly updates, I think.

I also have an FM08 save on the go, basically because I love that version of the game and I know that I can load a ton of leagues. I'm playing it fairly casually. I find I can switch back to that version and just enjoy it so much. So I intend to keep that going. I'm not sure about posting it on here though. I don't know if anyone would be interested in an FM08 save. Would you guys be interested?

Then really it's just a case of keeping the fingers crossed for FM12 to capture my attention. I'm also planning on buying a new computer at some point and I want to get a spec which really improves the speed of the latest games for me. So, hopefully FM12 will be a new era for me!

I had some time away from FM recently (played a lot of Minecraft and Terraria) but I always missed my regular dose of virtual football management! I think the time away did me some good and now I'm looking forward to FM12 with renewed optimism.

What I'm hoping for most of all from FM12 is for it to feel more dynamic and responsive, plus for all of the core features (tactics, training, transfers and that kind of thing) to get a real polish and major improvement.

So how about you guys?
    I am looking forward to FM12. My plans are to once again try to win all the continental trophies I can. I have now familiarised myself with the editor and am confident that I can make my own Egyptian and New Zealand league rather than waiting for someone else to release them. I wish I have carried on updating my thread but real life got in the way, I am still playing my save and am hoping to complete my own challenge before FM12 is out.

I think training needs to be completely revamped not sure how but it needs to change as it is very boring at the moment. I enjoyed FM11 but it can be improved with new training and better press conferences also interaction with other managers is very annoying.

Third Team

I'm not looking for anything specific from my FM12 save, but I'm certainly going to start with either Leiria or Albacete.

International Squad

Due to not being able to play as often this year, I've only reached League Two with Newcastle Town, so FM2012 might be the first one in the series (except CM Italia) that I miss.

Amateur

I'm going to carry on with my current save until FM12 is released as well. I want to try the youth challenge on FM12 but I can't see myself having the patience to do it so I'll most likely start up another journeyman save but with more leagues this time as I kinda regret not loading up England and Spain.
    Last edited by roganp; 09-08-2011 at 01:20.

Reserves

So how about you guys?
    TBH, I'm just looking forward to a *hopefully* improved MLS that's not bugged. And the new features in the editor so I can possibly make that US lower league file because I really like the current one I'm using but it needs a couple tweaks here and there to be really good.

And I really hope they fix those bugs because I was really annoyed with my first Crazy Canuck career in FM11 crashed because of the xml files. I would have been in the 2050s by now.

Youth Team

i dont think im going to buy FM12 i just dont seem to be 'Wanting' the game at the moment. quite bored of FM im general at the moment.

Semi Pro

I'm determined this year to keep playing FM11 until the last patch for FM12 comes out. Unless FM12 comes out with some really killer feature that makes me move immediately.

I always say this and move as soon as the demo is out though.

Amateur

I am still new to FM11 and still on my first save with Bayer Leverkusen (who were poor IRL the other day against Mainz, I'm sure acidmonkey would agree!)

Anyway, one of the few things I am disappointed with is the feeder/parent club feature.

For example, I sent some scouts to Central Europe and it became obvious that a lot of the best talent was to be found in Spain. I asked for a feeder club and ended up with Cordoba in Spain's 2nd tier - a decent standard for my youth team players to gain experience. My idea was to buy some of the talented youngsters, give them a year or so with the coaching and facilities at Leverkusen and then loan them to Cordoba for a year to play in the first team - returning as more rounded players that are close to being good enough for the first team. Sounds good in principle.

The problem is with the interaction with the feeder club. There are no guarantees in them playing the loanee for a start. I think a good feture would be that you could have a meeting with the manager of the feeder club every 3/6/12 months and be able to talk about players at each club. Eg Would you be interested in taking Player X on a year long loan? We really like the look of player Y, can we give him some experience? Player Z doesn't appear to be in your plans, can we have first option to try and negotiate a contract with him? Obviously this could become interesting if a new manager took over and had different ideas etc.

World Cup Winner

I think that is a very good suggestion. It would be great to have some kind of correspondance with the feeder club before sending someone there, to find out what sort of squad status they would give him.

I hate sending my great youngsters out, only to have to recall them because they don't get any games.

Youth Team

Agree about the feeder clubs. I'd also like to see the chance to offer players (at the very least for loan deals) directly to a specific club or clubs. I'm sure that's how some clubs operate often without a formal agreement - usually to a lower division local team.

Having had some fun with the international side of the game recently, there are also a few things that need to be updated there. For one, I was under the impression that clubs can't withdraw players for no reason, even for friendlies (e.g. how Capello wanted Wilshere to turn up for England duty to be assessed ahead of the aborted Holland game) but it still happens for friendlies in FM. On a related note, a variation on the club request for 45 minutes of game time only as I often hear of clubs requesting their players play no more than 60 minutes or so rather than a half.

Finally, it would be more realistic if the game reflected the increasing number of teams playing 'neutral' friendlies such as Brazil playing at the Emirates or in Qatar.

Youth Team

yea it would be good to see more neutral international friendlies on the international side, id quite like to see training camps and being in charge of the training for the national team.

jt_northender - Yea Leverkusen were pretty bad i don't mind following Dortmund ha ha

World Cup Winner

Steve Rutherford

This is one of a kind, a five star regen coach!

This is the first one I've seen for a long time, has anyone else seen any?

Youth Team

how can you tell if hes 5 star rating?

World Cup Winner

When I assign him to his training area (shooting), it shows me that he is rated at five stars.

Amateur

@dafuge nice coach , a bit of a question about regens , do you guys try to get two footer regens like i do , they are so rare in fm even they are half a star lower in my scout report then my other target i pretty much go after him especially if his a midfielder.

Also i am playing a lot in in low leagus so a two footer regen there is a god.

World Cup Winner

Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Suprised nothing has been mentioned here yet. Anything in there that has got people thinking about saves for FM12?

Youth Team

The option to activate/deactivate national leagues during the game is going to make a huge difference for journeyman careers!! Wonder if it will work with additional xml files as well?

World Cup Winner

Interesting question that. I don't tend to use them but I can imagine that being able to add new leagues as they are created would be rather good.
    Last edited by dafuge; 16-08-2011 at 18:48.

Youth Team

Especially for people who havent got the greatest pc

Third Team

I'm more bothered about Leiria's new situation being put in the game

Youth Team

And That would be?

World Cup Winner

Is that a data issue, or something else?

Youth Team

World Cup Winner

Sounds like that should be easy enough to put in intially, but I'm not sure hard coded stadium moves depending on attendances are possible.

International Squad

If less than 1000 are turning up for top tier matches in Portugal, then there are big problems, and a lot of them lie with the people of Leiria who aren't attending their club's games.

Third Team

Does anyone use the classic tactics module on their files? Having had next to no luck with the current tactics model, I've reverted to this and seem to have found some success...

A 4-2 win over 2nd place, a 3-1 loss away but then a 5-0 thumping of Port Vale. Could be onto something here.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    If less than 1000 are turning up for top tier matches in Portugal, then there are big problems, and a lot of them lie with the people of Leiria who aren't attending their club's games.
    You're totally right, Nobby. Leiria survive on the large TV deal that Portuguese clubs have and on their ability to sell players.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Does anyone use the classic tactics module on their files? Having had next to no luck with the current tactics model, I've reverted to this and seem to have found some success...

A 4-2 win over 2nd place, a 3-1 loss away but then a 5-0 thumping of Port Vale. Could be onto something here.
    I only play with the tactics creator these days and I don't really edit many of the advanced options. One thing I do edit is the levels of creative freedom so I can better define which players I feel should have higher CF. I also sometimes make minor changes to player roles if I feel there is the need to do so. Otherwise, it's 100% TC and it seems to work well for me.

Third Team

I only play with the tactics creator these days and I don't really edit many of the advanced options. One thing I do edit is the levels of creative freedom so I can better define which players I feel should have higher CF. I also sometimes make minor changes to player roles if I feel there is the need to do so. Otherwise, it's 100% TC and it seems to work well for me.
    Cheers for the response Crouchy. I'd converted to the tactics creator for the last 2(?) versions of FM and had decent success with it but for some reason I just can't get anything right on FM11. So thought I'd give the classic version a go - toyed around with all the player instructions, team instructions, set pieces (I do this usually, just not to such an extent) and seem to be having some success now. It's quite nice to see the lines for making runs on the tactics screen again :*)

Youth Team

Re: FM12

To be honest, I'm a bit non-plussed about the announcement. Sure, I can see that ability to add/remove leagues the further through your career will be a big bonus for lots of players, but until I see it with my own eyes, I am slightly sceptical on how well it will be implemented in the game. What I don't want to happen is long term games becoming severely unstable the further into your career you get because of this. As I play careers that last 20+ seasons, I would be really frustrated if a crash happened after I had commited so much time to the save.

Also, the fact that there will be 800 new features has also left me feeling slightly concerned. That's potentially 800 bugs that will need ironing out between release day and the Feb/Mar patch. Perhaps I'm more from the school where 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' comes to mind. I don't need new, shiny, meaningless features to buy the game, but I do understand that SI need to do this to appeal to the mass market. I will probably buy FM12 regardless, but I would much rather have a more all-round polished game with improvements to the match engine and 3D graphics. Unless I've misread the announcement, there's no mention of any improvements to the match engine

However, I'm pleased that press conferences and teamtalks are being improved. I really dislike them at the moment, they have too big an influence in the game, and become very monotonous after a while. I'm hoping the new 'tone' feature will do the trick.

As I said, I will probably buy FM12, but maybe not on release day as there's nothing there to excite me at the moment. If this is true, this will be the first time ever that I've not bought the game on the day of release. However, I do have an open mind, and I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I think there's going too many bells and whistles for my liking.
    Last edited by AK22; 17-08-2011 at 21:18.

Third Team

I'll buy it on release day, simply as I want to play as an updated Leiria

Youth Team

ill get it on release day two its one of three games im intending to get.

Third Team

Kind of with you AK. I was a late starter on FM11 and am still getting into it, especially whilst enjoying my current career. I'll probably wait on FM12 til the new year

First Team Squad Member

ill get it on release day two its one of three games im intending to get.
    What are the other two?

Reserves

I'm getting FM12 on Steam on release day as usual.

As some of you may know, I don't care about most of the features. I just want a bug free MLS.

Reserves

I'll probably not buy it on release day. The game tends to be properly playable only from patch 3, so I'll probably buy it then instead. If I buy it, that is. I'll see. Have to see how the new features pan out first. But right now I am liking my FM10 game so have no urge to rush over to a brand new string of failures on FM12

Btw, when they say 800 features, I reckon a good amount of those are pretty small things. But ofc with that much new stuff there will be a risk that bugs will not be ironed out by release day. It's a lot of ground to cover.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    What are the other two?
    MW3 and BF3 maybe? i doub il be buying fm12 this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast