+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 6972

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Half of them are probably copied from Dafuge anyway!
    Mine used to be, but I build them from scratch now

Reserves

I built mine from scratch too, and alter them as I progress up the leagues and take part in new competitions. The idea is pretty obvious, but kudos to dafuge if he was first. I basically did copy his style though, with league, cup, key players summary. It's a nice mix between long-winded summaries of each match and brief "Did crap, got relegated"

First Team Squad Member

I just did mine via wikipedia as it is extremely easy to edit the tables or add them to you own page using that site.

Something to share with my FMCU friends.

Teddy Sheringham thinks I'm a fool. Actually, he probably doesn't think anything at all, but I made a right fool of myself when I met him this afternoon.

Everything going quite well, managed to get the guts up to go over, asked him to sign my notebook, small talk okay, fine..... moment to walk away now..... and, I find myself stretching out my hand for a handshake. What am I doing?

Now, I'm prone to this. I am a handshaker. I like handshakes. But this is just a bit stupid.......

Teddy isn't paying proper attention anyway. He's got one eye on the football. He doesn't notice. Then I think he does notice. My hand stays there just that little bit too long. Lingers, if you will. Cannot move hand. Rejection by the ex-England international. Now the hand moves. Finally. I quickly pull my hand away, but much too late, and thank him for the autograph with a mumble then leave. Embarrassing. At least I can laugh about it now. Hahaha. ;)

Oh well, I'm sure he won't remember me anyway. Nice that he actually signed my notepad. I've heard he can be a bit of a prat actually from other people, apparently walking into Non-League grounds without paying and being rude to people etc., plus telling people to get lost if they approach him.

The strange thing is that I have no idea why I got his autograph. I don't collect autographs and consider it a kind of thing you do when you're a kid. Seeing someone famous is usually enough for me, to be honest.

I met Robbie Fowler once and that was quality. My friend and I had our photograph taken with him. That was quite cool and I didn't make too much of a plonker of myself that time.

I don't know what it is about meeting famous people that makes me gush and turn into a total fool. I once stood next to Gazza in a pub and nearly turned around and personally thanked him for one of the happiest moments of my England supporting career (that goal versus Scotland). I know I would have gushed and made an idiot of myself though so I'm glad I didn't. I just stood there, watching England on the pub TV, next to this England legend, and that was enough.

I know it's not FM relevant but I thought I would share with you chaps.

Part-Timer

He probably plays FM and is on the forum as well, reading your post right now. ;)

You've met quite a few famous players, here in Luxembourg there are... none. Only celebrity player that's been here recently is Pjanic from Lyon who occasionally can be spotted in posh nightclubs.

Reserves

You got his autograph so it wasn't a total loss, eh? Didn't know he could be a pleb, but then a lot of famous people are idiots. Perhaps especially famous footballers. Did he even notice the hand or did he notice and not want to shake it? Either way, seems like a case of "mouse turned into elephant", if that translates.

I've met some famous people too. Like the entire Man United squad when they visited Norway after the 1999 Treble. But that wasn't personal. Meeting Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC, however, was. Talked to them for 5 or so minutes and got their autograph. This was absolutely HUGE for me at the time, because I'm a ridiculously big fan of theirs. And they were clearly no idiots. Turned around their fancy car and came back to me and two Swedes, talked for a bit, and then left. Seemed like very nice people and utterly down to earth. No "holier than thou" attitude there, which was nice and surprising.

Just be glad you saw him and had the courage to walk over. Not all would have done that. And I'm sure you're happy you did, even if it felt a little embarrassing there and then.

Youth Team

Darren Campbel (ex sprinter)l signed for my footy team i **** you not lol

Quote Originally Posted by Romanista1994 View Post
    He probably plays FM and is on the forum as well, reading your post right now.
    Probably!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    You got his autograph so it wasn't a total loss, eh? Didn't know he could be a pleb, but then a lot of famous people are idiots. Perhaps especially famous footballers. Did he even notice the hand or did he notice and not want to shake it? Either way, seems like a case of "mouse turned into elephant", if that translates.
    Ah yeah, totally overblown in my head, absolutely! I'm always doing stuff like that.

I thought it was funny to share though. Sort of a Mark Corrigan moment from Peep Show!

I've met some famous people too. Like the entire Man United squad when they visited Norway after the 1999 Treble. But that wasn't personal. Meeting Angus and Malcolm Young of AC/DC, however, was. Talked to them for 5 or so minutes and got their autograph. This was absolutely HUGE for me at the time, because I'm a ridiculously big fan of theirs. And they were clearly no idiots. Turned around their fancy car and came back to me and two Swedes, talked for a bit, and then left. Seemed like very nice people and utterly down to earth. No "holier than thou" attitude there, which was nice and surprising.
    Sounds good. Robbie Fowler was like that. Totally down to earth and a really nice guy, chatting to two southerners like me and my mate as if we were Liverpudlians and old friends (my mate was at uni in Liverpool and I used to visit him - we met Fowler in town one day).

I met the Editors (the band) once and they were really down to earth guys too. I had had a few drinks at the time and I lectured them on English literature. Also, Brendan Benson, who was a really cool guy. I think it's nice if someone famous is down to earth like that and will talk to people. If I were famous, I'd like to think that I would give people my time, although I guess it's kind of strange for them to be approached by strangers.

Just be glad you saw him and had the courage to walk over. Not all would have done that. And I'm sure you're happy you did, even if it felt a little embarrassing there and then.
    Yes, I'm kind of happy but actually not that bothered. I'd rather have met some St. Albans City player, which is a bit sad!
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 02-04-2011 at 20:28.

Semi Pro

I met Lionel Blair once! ;)

Seriously though, when I was younger I was fortunate enough to meet the great, late Sir Brian Clough. Now as a Forest fan, this is probably one of the best moments in my life and I have taken and listened to this piece of advice he gave me since .

It was around 1990 and I was 10 years old. It was a time when earings for boys were "in fashion" and of course, wanting to be fashionable, I had one in my left ear. I'd been watching Forest for the past 3 years, since my Uncle used to take me and whilst at a game I approached him and asked him for a photograph; he was more than happy to pose with me. However, after the photo had been taken he turned round to me and said "Hey young man...don't you know earings are for puffs?"

I've never worn one since!

Ha! Awesome, awesome story Raware. Simply awesome.

Semi Pro

Ha! Awesome, awesome story Raware. Simply awesome.
    Cloughie...what a legend! My dad actually used to work on his car when it came in for it's MOT every year and some of the stories he has would make you laugh. He said his car used to be full of empty booze bottles just scattered around the floor and seats!

One person I would just love to meet is Gazza. He was my boyhood idol. If I was stood next to him like you I would probably have gushed and made an idiot of myself too...but I wouldn't care

One true gentlemen that I met was Bobby Robson. I used to work at Forest as a youth development scout so I was priveleged to be able to have a free pass around the ground and training facilities and met him during half time at a Forest game. An incredibly polite and genuine man .

Third Team

I searched most of the United team on their way back from the Chelsea defeat. Rooney, Evra, Nani to name but a few.

Searched them!

Reserves

Airport screening or some such thing? They all got "randomly" selected?

Third Team

Airport screening or some such thing? They all got "randomly" selected?
    Got it in one. (Well, two) And it was random. I would not voluntarily soil myself by touching the filthy northerners! ;)

Reserves

I think you'll find a lot of them are from further south

Youth Team

I've met a few semi-famous bands/musicians (Kill It Kid and the lead singer from Pennywise being two you'll never have heard of!), and Jason Roberts

I also met Darren Campbell when I was much younger, he came and did a talk at my school. We all got photos with him. I said hi when I came for mine and he blanked me

Reserves

We also had Karl-Oskar Fjørtoft to a football school kinda thing. That was fun. Nobody will probably have known about him, but he was a very good midfield player in the Norwegian top division at the time. Soooooooooo wanted to go to one Solskjær held too, but that could never be arranged. I remember we very naively talked about it "When we come back we'll beat everybody easily!"

Then to something completely different...

Calling Photobucket experts! It's a great site for hosting pics. But do you know if it's possible to get direct links to your picture when using the imagethumb option?
    I only get the direct link with the direct link option, otherwise they choose the one with ads and ****, which is also minimized. I don't want that. I've tried to go into the "See more" option where I can choose which ones to display by default. I CAN get it, but then I have to manually alter each picture link and there is no way in hell I'm going to do that.

Hopefully that was understandable

Youth Team

Posted this in my thread but thought people who don't follow my career might also be able to help:

Quick question for those of you who have long-term saves on 11.3 - are you also having issues with home-grown classifications? My players (such as Juarez) who have achieved home-grown status since I patched up don't appear to count as such in the squad selection screen for the Champions League. This is really starting to irritate as I've had to leave players like Loureiro, Javier, Pagola and Arguelles out of my latest squad in order to have a balanced squad that the selector will accept. Eventually I'm going to have to start buying under-21 players every season to make up the shortfall!

Perhaps it is something you could edit using one of those real time editors? I think if it is an issue, then this might be a way of solving it.

Not sure whether the third-party live editors are capable of such things though.

Semi Pro

FMRTE can but you have to do it in "Relationships" AFAIK

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    FMRTE can but you have to do it in "Relationships" AFAIK
    Not much help when I'm on a Mac

Just had a check through the Editors Hideaway, looks like if FM11SX is updated for 11.3 then that might be an option. Only issue is, I'm assuming it's the same for the AI as well, so I'd be gaining an advantage. I'd rather it was fixed for every team! Have raised it in the bugs forum and SI are looking at it, so hopefully it'll be included if any hotfix is produced.

Part-Timer

Didn't really know anywhere to post this but if you use steam and like to talk about FM or your Career on fm then add me Blue_nightmares

Part-Timer

Thinking of doing a Career thread what is the quickest way to do things and what sort of updates should I include?

Reserves

Exactly what do you mean by the quickest way?

Personally I like end of season updates the best, with small comments or pictures and such now and then about special events. But if you want to do monthly updates or even report about each match, then there is an interest for that too. Have a look at some of the other updates and you'll get some good ideas hopefully.

Not entirely sure how I will do mine yet as I've just written one season, but thinking about writing a bit more about each season instead of fairly brief summaries of each Cup etc. But I'll see how things go and what the reactions are. It takes quite a bit of time to write these things, especially with the pictures, so it's nice to write something people like to read. There are all sorts of update types in here though, so you can't go too wrong really.

Part-Timer

I did a career thread a while back but the game crashed and I lost intrest

Third Team

What do people look for in a scout other than JPA/JPP? Is there anything else to look for? Same goes for physios as well.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    What do people look for in a scout other than JPA/JPP? Is there anything else to look for? Same goes for physios as well.
    IIRC, adaptability has a role to play for scouts. I'll also look at his "tactical knowledge" rating if I'm considering one for "scout next opposition" duty. And I'll also look at "preferred style" and formation with the idea that his preferred style/formation will be the same as mine, so he'll look for players that suit what I want.

Physios, I usually also look at motivating and discipline in addition to the physiotherapy rating. I dunno if those actually have a role, but I like to think it helps encourage your players to put in the work to get healthy and return to action sooner.

Of course, I come from the LLM ethos, so usually the guys who apply for jobs with me have ratings in the single digits across the board.
    Last edited by Jason the Yank; 05-04-2011 at 05:29.

Semi Pro

I look for Adaptability and Determination for scouts (det is how many they will find )

Youth Team

i go for adaptability and determination for scout, but also tactical knowledge for the one checking out the next oposition

Youth Team

hey guys if your looking for something to do while blastin FM have a watch of this found it really good

http://30for30.espn.com/film/the-two-escobars.html

Its about Pablo escobar the drg baron who ploughed cash into Colombian football. And Andre Escobar whowas shot after scoring OG in World Cup

Youth Team

its good, if anyone is on cable top tier TV they can find it in the On demand too

Reserves

I'm currently struggling for a game and no matter what game I have tried to get in too for FM11, I have got bored after two seasons or before. I had a CSE thread in which I holidayed and got challenges from. That's now dead but I still have the save. It's in the year 2022 but I don't know what team to be. Or whether I could continue in a mainly regen filled game. Any tips on playing in regen filled games?

Reserves

Having just read some of this thread. I do wish I had met Cloughie. Never really got to see him at his best . Just videos. I haven't really met any famous people. I've met a few cricketers and got their autographs. I've spoke to David Lloyd(cricket commentator) in passing. I used to play cricket alot and the side I played for the first team were good and a lot of pros and ex-pros. in the Premier League of the cricket league. I've got a few former Forest players autographs, but no one special.

Semi Pro

NF I low down team might be a good Place so you can learn the good regens before you get the pressure of a top side!

Reserves

Playing with top sides get boring no matter what you do basically, it's just a matter of time. Everything is in place, you got your world class players, and can mostly win without too much effort. When you don't really have a target to gun for things get boring. I therefore suggest you start out with a crap side far down the divisions. There you have plenty of goals to try to achieve. It doesn't have to be a regen game, but that does it more interesting of course since you don't know any of the players. I don't know if you have tried this before or not, but if you haven't it's well worth a shot. Much more fun than starting out with top (or top-ish) clubs. Having a wage budget of perhaps £1000 and no transfer budget make things interesting ;)

Reserves

I started with Carlisle United. They are in the BSN. I started a thread. It's called Is it grim up north?

Youth Team

Playing with top sides get boring no matter what you do basically, it's just a matter of time. Everything is in place, you got your world class players, and can mostly win without too much effort. When you don't really have a target to gun for things get boring. I therefore suggest you start out with a crap side far down the divisions. There you have plenty of goals to try to achieve. It doesn't have to be a regen game, but that does it more interesting of course since you don't know any of the players. I don't know if you have tried this before or not, but if you haven't it's well worth a shot. Much more fun than starting out with top (or top-ish) clubs. Having a wage budget of perhaps £1000 and no transfer budget make things interesting ;)
    When you get to the top you can keep things interesting with longer-term targets, like developing the youth academy or guiding one special player through his career. The fact that it's easier to get through most games as you don't have to tweak much to beat 75% of the sides you'll face means you can fly through the seasons and get a longer-term perspective on things

Youth Team

i get attached to players when ive led them to the top of the game i also enjoy finding the next world beater and nurturing them into it,

Reserves

That's what I enjoy about long games too, but I must admit that it gets boring nevertheless when I can basically just hit continue and see the team demolish whatever is in front of them. The best part of such games, by far, is to find and develop good youths - especially those from you own academy. Nothing like getting a player through that can cut it in a side dominating Europe

First Team Squad Member

I haven't really built a team up on FM11 yet. I am simply thinking of my manager and building up reputation until I can cherry pick jobs that I need to win every continents champions league once that is done I am not sure what I will do. I might just wonder around the world or if the job at Crewe is available I might go there and try to build them up. I think it will take me a long time yet to win all the trophies I need for my challenge.

Third Team

What do you think guys? Shall I break my own rule and do a save in Britain? England and Scotland only? Not feeling my Oviedo save atm, but I don't want to delete it.

What's the anti-Britain rule about anyway Deisler26?

Third Team

What's the anti-Britain rule about anyway Deisler26?
    I know it too well. Even with regens, I'm just not excited by playing in the UK

That's what I like about it!

Could always try Scotland or Wales because I'm guessing you don't know them as well as England, right?

What's not getting you hooked to your Oviedo save?

I always think the key to any good save is some solid goals and objectives in mind. The most thrilling saves always have that but I always find myself struggling if the goals aren't interesting me.

Third Team

That's what I like about it!

Could always try Scotland or Wales because I'm guessing you don't know them as well as England, right?

What's not getting you hooked to your Oviedo save?

I always think the key to any good save is some solid goals and objectives in mind. The most thrilling saves always have that but I always find myself struggling if the goals aren't interesting me.
    I might try to save Dundee.

And it's just too easy again. I signed some cracking FA talent, but it shouldn't be happening at a club like Oviedo.

Reserves

That's what I like about England, especially now with 8 levels. There is such a long distance to go so it will take decades to get to the top. Lots of step-by-step goals

It is a bit tedious too though, because I know it so well. But have never really gotten into saves elsewhere, apart from some brilliant ones in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Spain and Italy just hasn't worked out thus far. Maybe I'm just too much of an Anglophile

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to try some other countries more often but England just seems more 'real' to me. I watch English football week-in, week-out, and I know it inside-out.

When I play the English leagues on FM, I just feel much more immersed in the game. I've been to a fair few of the football grounds, for example, or I've seen quite a few of the players play (I'm talking specifically about Non-League football here) so to call it all into my imagination is so easy.

I do like going to other countries on FM though. Normally after I have been on holiday there or read about the football history of that country. I'm quite Euro-centric though. I guess, ultimately, I quite like to stick to the football I know best.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 10-04-2011 at 11:07.

Semi Pro

Like Iceland? :P

Third Team

Well, three game months on a Forest Green save and I'm now well up for resuming my Oviedo career! Cheers guys!

Youth Team

when you sell a player how often do you sell them to a club in your division?

since 19/20 (currently in 31/32)
    19 players sold to english clubs
    51 players sold abroad

World Cup Winner

I much prefer selling players abroad, just so they don't get the inevitable winner against me next time I play against them.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    when you sell a player how often do you sell them to a club in your division?

since 19/20 (currently in 31/32)
    19 players sold to english clubs
    51 players sold abroad
    I sell to whoever offers me the most money. It never bothered me before but now if a club in a different divison/nation offers the same amount as someone in the same division as me, I do pay more attention.

Semi Pro

Currently I try and off load players to clubs in the same division as I am trying to raise the Icelandic rep. I also try and avoid clubs who play in the CL so I don't have to play against my players again

Youth Team

seeing as i have no need for the money i seem to have started favouring foreign clubs more and more

Reserves

I don't like managing in England either. Probably has something to do with the fact that everyone manages that and I want to be 'different'. Also hate work permits and I can't sign Canadians on lower league clubs because of it.

I also hate Scotland, but that's because of the quality of football there. And players kept moaning about wanting to leave there.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to try some other countries more often but England just seems more 'real' to me. I watch English football week-in, week-out, and I know it inside-out.

When I play the English leagues on FM, I just feel much more immersed in the game. I've been to a fair few of the football grounds, for example, or I've seen quite a few of the players play (I'm talking specifically about Non-League football here) so to call it all into my imagination is so easy.

I do like going to other countries on FM though. Normally after I have been on holiday there or read about the football history of that country. I'm quite Euro-centric though. I guess, ultimately, I quite like to stick to the football I know best.
    I don't feel immersed managing in MLS...it's always out of date and unrealistic in FM. SI screws something up every year and don't fix old bugs. I hated the preference for England because before the ability the add more leagues was introduced, that people wanted another level of England football but nothing about fixing MLS or adding the USL and PDL leagues (it's still a pain with the editor now. It has its issues and newgens need a lot of work. Jason can probably understand my problems with the editor in activating the NASL/USL and the PDL). I understand there's probably a *slight* bias to England and Europe but we have a market here too to like FM. We even had our own game (WWSM) for a while... They never put the MLS in the demo so MLS fans like myself can't test it. But I think we have a coder specifically for MLS according to the North American HR so hopefully it'll be better in FM12. I barely managed in MLS in FM11 because it's so buggy. And also not the fault of SI but when we play the new version in October/November it's already in the playoffs. By the time the last patch comes in February we're already in pre-season, with updated rosters but the license is for the previous season.

I also like to manage in Asia in every career game. It's a lot of fun there. I personally like to manage in obscure nations, learning something new. Each to their own I guess. I personally won't be completely satisfied with my FM saves unless MLS is fixed and I can enjoy managing in MLS.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I don't like managing in England either. Probably has something to do with the fact that everyone manages that and I want to be 'different'. Also hate work permits and I can't sign Canadians on lower league clubs because of it.

I also hate Scotland, but that's because of the quality of football there. And players kept moaning about wanting to leave there.

I don't feel immersed managing in MLS...it's always out of date and unrealistic in FM. SI screws something up every year and don't fix old bugs. I hated the preference for England because before the ability the add more leagues was introduced, that people wanted another level of England football but nothing about fixing MLS or adding the USL and PDL leagues (it's still a pain with the editor now. It has its issues and newgens need a lot of work. Jason can probably understand my problems with the editor in activating the NASL/USL and the PDL). I understand there's probably a *slight* bias to England and Europe but we have a market here too to like FM. We even had our own game (WWSM) for a while... They never put the MLS in the demo so MLS fans like myself can't test it. But I think we have a coder specifically for MLS according to the North American HR so hopefully it'll be better in FM12. I barely managed in MLS in FM11 because it's so buggy. And also not the fault of SI but when we play the new version in October/November it's already in the playoffs. By the time the last patch comes in February we're already in pre-season, with updated rosters but the license is for the previous season.

I also like to manage in Asia in every career game. It's a lot of fun there. I personally like to manage in obscure nations, learning something new. Each to their own I guess. I personally won't be completely satisfied with my FM saves unless MLS is fixed and I can enjoy managing in MLS.
    The MLS annoyed me I took the LA job on my save and signed Ozil to a normal contract not a DP one. I holidayed to the next match and he was released, I also signed a 325k American player and he was also released. I like to holiday between matches so in the end I went back to an earlier save from before I took the job, players being released whilst on holiday is a major bug that put me off playing there.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    The MLS annoyed me I took the LA job on my save and signed Ozil to a normal contract not a DP one. I holidayed to the next match and he was released, I also signed a 325k American player and he was also released. I like to holiday between matches so in the end I went back to an earlier save from before I took the job, players being released whilst on holiday is a major bug that put me off playing there.
    This one seems interesting though. I'm testing it out right now. It's still WIP though.

First Team Squad Member

It looks very good,let me know how it goes I have always wanted to have a go in the MLS but it always seems too buggy to play.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    It looks very good,let me know how it goes I have always wanted to have a go in the MLS but it always seems too buggy to play.
    Will do AcidBurn...although I'm more interested in the other leagues, specifically the NCAA, and if it actually works.

World Cup Winner

Quick question. When managing in Italy, do Bosman signings count towards the foreign signing limit?

Youth Team

i "think" they do,

well FM and the United film from last night

Hmmmmn. Thinking of starting a new FM save and I'm fancying a return to Italy where I did have a fun save going (calcio journeyman) but loaded too many leagues.

This time, I want it to be a one club, small club to big club, kind of save. But I've no idea who to be! Can I get some suggestions from my fellow FMCUers?

I'm kind of tempted to go for any of the following:

- Hellas Verona (I love this club and have unfinished business with them but trouble is they are at C1 level and ideally I would like to start in the bottom league).

- Venezia (Really like the idea of waiting for them to be promoted from Serie D and then taking them over. Only thing putting me off is their yucky colours - black with orange and green, blurgh! Could I maybe get used to them though?)

- Pisa (Again, like the idea of them coming up from Serie D and then taking over a big club that has fallen on hard times. Not feeling too keen on them though for some reason).

- Messina (Another fallen giant type of thing but plenty of others have managed this team already. SnakeXe had a legendary save with them so it puts me off. And, to be honest, I'd prefer a team in the north really).

- Spezia (Look like they could be quite a good club to take over at Serie C2 level but I don't really know anything about them).

- Lucchese (Another decent looking C2 level side. Not keen on the club colours though for some reason).

- Savona (Pretty cool looking Serie D side who I could take over if they came up. I remember Iacovone had an awesome save with them. Definitely tempted by this team).

That's about it off the top of my head. Any help please FMCUers?

World Cup Winner

I'd go for Pisa, just because I like their logo/colours/kits.

Youth Team

i haate this time of the season as it always makes me want to start at the bottom and work my way up but if i do that ill lose intrest in the sunderland game im enjoying so much still having a bit of a struggle trying to decide new save or current gah.

Amateur

What about San Marino in C2 Crouchy? maybe throw in the San Marinese leagues with an editor file and try to take on the national team at some point too?

Other than that you could always look in the editor forum for an italian lower leagues file and... Castel di sangro? or perhaps one of the former italian champions who have fallen a long way such as Casale or Novese, or if you prefer no extra files theres always Pro Vercelli I guess.

Semi Pro

I'd also say Pro Vercelli C. A massive fallen giant in Italian football; i'm actually tempted to try a save with those myself. Or if it's a club from your list, i'd go with daf and say Pisa...i'm sure you could come up with a witty, pun for a title with Pisa and their tower .

Youth Team

ok i need a hand on team suggestion decided im going to run two managers in my current save, my current sunderland one as im enjoying it too much and also a new one (name undecided) i wont be running a thread for it but will include a little thing in the yearly sunderland update my choices are:

Crawley - bounced between LEague Two and The conference have finally established themselves in league two this season and were safe from relegations with 5 games to go
    Yeovil - Recently relegated to League two after finishing second bottom of League one, have spent the majority of thier years in league two
    Hartlepool - Losing LEague Two play-off hopefulls from this season only been as high as League one

Newly promoted side from the conference (dont know who these are yet as dont have conference loaded)

come on the great memebers of the careers thread, pick a team for me will be back on between 8 and 9 to add the new manager to this

Semi Pro

Well...not Yeovil (nothing to do with them beating us in the League One playoffs a few years ago! ;)). I'd say Hartlepool but that's only because Jeff Stelling is a fan and it'd be an excuse to play this game!

World Cup Winner

I'd go for Hartlepool, for Stelling and the monkey hanging incident.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I'd go for Pisa, just because I like their logo/colours/kits.
    Cheers Dafuge.

I'm tempted by Pisa but I'm just not sure I'm feeling it with them. Don't know why though!

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    What about San Marino in C2 Crouchy? maybe throw in the San Marinese leagues with an editor file and try to take on the national team at some point too?

Other than that you could always look in the editor forum for an italian lower leagues file and... Castel di sangro? or perhaps one of the former italian champions who have fallen a long way such as Casale or Novese, or if you prefer no extra files theres always Pro Vercelli I guess.
    Thanks for the suggestions Valin.

I'm not really up for doing a San Marino save. The editor idea is a good one though but I have been under the impression in the past that it is very difficult to come up with an accurate representation of the Italian lower leagues with the editor, so this has always put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    I'd also say Pro Vercelli C. A massive fallen giant in Italian football; i'm actually tempted to try a save with those myself. Or if it's a club from your list, i'd go with daf and say Pisa...i'm sure you could come up with a witty, pun for a title with Pisa and their tower .
    Thanks for the suggestion Raware. I'll take a look at Pro Vercelli. I know they won a lot of titles in the 1920s but that's about all I know.

I should explain that I am trying to recreate a save that I had back on CM03/04. On that edition, I took over Cremonese when they were in Serie C2 and ended up taking them back to Serie A and romping home to the title. I built a really good team too.

I really fancied finding a 'fallen giant' type of team - or maybe fallen giant isn't the right term, but a big team - who have fallen on harder times.

I actually really want to manage Hellas Verona pretty badly but I have this thing about always starting at the lowest possible level.

As for Pisa, I'm leaning more towards Venezia than Pisa. Or maybe Savona. I don't know! Decisions, decisions!

Part-Timer

Rodengo Saiano! How can you resist a logo with a panda on it? I couldn't ...

If you really want a fallen giant, Venezia is really the choice, no?

Semi Pro

Didn't you play as Hellas Verona on a previous save C.? I agree that if it's a big'ish' club that have fallen on harder times that you want, the obvious choices are Venezia as Makonnen said or Pro Vercelli. Avellino were a decent Serie A side in the 80's if I remember correctly but I wouldn't say, fallen giants. How about Treviso? They were recently a Serie A side but I think they went bankrupt after their involvement in match fixing. You'd obviously have to wait until they were promoted to Serie C2.

International Squad

Download an Italian league database and try to recreate The Miracle.

If there is a decent database available.

First Team

I don't feel immersed managing in MLS...it's always out of date and unrealistic in FM. SI screws something up every year and don't fix old bugs. I hated the preference for England because before the ability the add more leagues was introduced, that people wanted another level of England football but nothing about fixing MLS or adding the USL and PDL leagues (it's still a pain with the editor now. It has its issues and newgens need a lot of work. Jason can probably understand my problems with the editor in activating the NASL/USL and the PDL).
    Especially since the editor has the PDL right underneath MLS, and won't let you slide NASL/USL Pro in between.

Didn't you play as Hellas Verona on a previous save C.? I agree that if it's a big'ish' club that have fallen on harder times that you want, the obvious choices are Venezia as Makonnen said or Pro Vercelli. Avellino were a decent Serie A side in the 80's if I remember correctly but I wouldn't say, fallen giants. How about Treviso? They were recently a Serie A side but I think they went bankrupt after their involvement in match fixing. You'd obviously have to wait until they were promoted to Serie C2.
    I did play as Hellas Verona on my calcio save. I was tempted to go back there as I have unfinished business trying to recreate the miracle of 1985!

But..... I have reached a different conclusion.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Download an Italian league database and try to recreate The Miracle.

If there is a decent database available.
    I'm not sure that there is a good enough database available. From what I've read, it's almost impossible to make things accurate using the editor as it stands. Otherwise, this would be on my list, for sure. I love that book!

As it is, I've made a decision. I'm going to....... Venezia!

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.

On that subject, does anyone know where I can get a decent set of club and competition logos for Italy?

I just realised the pack that I have has an outdated logo for Venezia and no competition logos for Italy at all.

Are the FM11 packs compatible with FM10? I imagine they probably are, aren't they? I'm still playing FM10.

I prefer to use the normal looking logos btw. Thanks for any help in advance.

Does nobody do standard logos any more then? I went to sortitoutsi but couldn't find much.

World Cup Winner

Does nobody do standard logos any more then? I went to sortitoutsi but couldn't find much.
    Italy 2010/11

These are the ones I'm using. The forums have loads more but I think you need to sign up.

Third Team

Crouchy, if I may. I know you've already chosen Venezia, but this is what I would have said

My thoughts (as you asked ;)):

Verona - no - you've been there and done it.

Venezia - no - rlipscombe has been there and done it and kit is wrong, and they're not a real small club with great facilities!

Pisa - no - think rlipscombe has been there as well . Either way, they don't do much for me.

Messina - possibly - another fallen 'giant' if I can use that to describe them. I wouldn't go there due to the red kit but I doubt that would put you off. A 'maybe' in my book.

Spezia - yes - here's an interesting option. No-one I can recall has done anything spectacular with them so you could be one of the first. I also know little about them but sometimes that is the intrigue with picking a club!

Lucchese - maybe - agree on the kit, something a bit different. Also an unknown quantity and would appeal to me. My 2nd choice on the list.

Savona - no - as much as I'd love to see them rise once more, it'd hurt to see someone else take them to the heights I once did! Plus you'll never top my achievements ;)

Hope that helps in your quest to find an Italian outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Italy 2010/11

These are the ones I'm using. The forums have loads more but I think you need to sign up.
    Thanks D, but I'm getting 'The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.'

I tried the same link earlier today and it didn't work properly then either.

Any chance of you uploading them for me! I know it's a bit cheeky to ask but that would be excellent. ;)
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 26-04-2011 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Crouchy, if I may. I know you've already chosen Venezia, but this is what I would have said

My thoughts (as you asked):

Verona - no - you've been there and done it.
    Well, I took them back to Serie A but didn't finish the job off.

Venezia - no - rlipscombe has been there and done it and kit is wrong, and they're not a real small club with great facilities!
    How far did Rlipscombe take them? Did he win everything with them?

What's wrong with the kit btw?

Their facilities aren't that good either!

Spezia - yes - here's an interesting option. No-one I can recall has done anything spectacular with them so you could be one of the first. I also know little about them but sometimes that is the intrigue with picking a club!
    Ah, not too sure about the kit though. White and black is a bit boring, no? ;)

Savona - no - as much as I'd love to see them rise once more, it'd hurt to see someone else take them to the heights I once did! Plus you'll never top my achievements ;)
    Yeah, I thought you might feel like that.

Hope that helps in your quest to find an Italian outfit!
    Sort of but actually not much at all.

I'm struggling to find a logo pack with the right club logo for Venezia at the moment so might have to reconsider. Daf's one might do the job though!

I've got a kind of OCD thing about picking teams, you may have noticed!

Third Team

Hahaha oh well! I'll be following you whoever you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Iacovone, I shouldn't ever doubt your remarkable ability to pick a decent club to manage. ;)

After doing a bit of reading about Spezia (who are in Serie C2/A), I've decided to go with them.

They have an interesting quirk: they won an unofficial Italian championship title in 1944 during World War II with Vittorio Pozzo as coach and Silvio Piola as striker. It was not declared as official at the time but, in 2002, the scudetto for Spezia was awarded as a 'decoration'. The club remembers the 1944 triumph by playing with a tricolour badge on the team's official jersey (but different from the Scudetto). The challenge, of course, is to win them their first official Scudetto!

The other thing I like about them is the number of decent rivals they have, which should keep the interest as I (hopefully) go up the leagues. In the lower leagues, they have the likes of Pisa, Lucchese, Livorno, Carrarese etc. In Serie A, they are rivals with Genoa, which could become interesting if I can take them to the top division.

They have a pretty cool club crest as well:

So, I've found my club, I think. Thanks to all who offered advice.

I'll be playing on FM10. Not sure if I will do a career thread but if I get into the save then I'll most likely start one. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 27-04-2011 at 21:56.

Part-Timer

good luck

Has the St albans save ground to a halt Crouchy?

Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    good luck

Has the St albans save ground to a halt Crouchy?
    I'm still intending to come back to that at some point, especially to see out the career of Michel Vermeer.

I just felt like a change of scenery though and for some reason had a massive craving to go back to Italy.

Reserves

This one seems interesting though. I'm testing it out right now. It's still WIP though.
    This one crashed at the end of the first season. Although I did load Canada and the US so not sure if the Canada one made it crash. But I tried the US one only without loading anything else for a few seasons and it was fine.

I think I'm going to have one more shot at FM11, and then stop playing till FM12, because these crash dumps are driving me crazy.

Semi Pro

I think I'm going to have one more shot at FM11, and then stop playing till FM12, because these crash dumps are driving me crazy.
    Sorry to hear that rancer Are you experiencing crash dumps regularly then? I've only experienced a handful but i'm only patched up to 11.2.1, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Youth Team

slightly side tracking this but im now untouchable in my job status first time ive seen this on FM11

I'm making this post into two posts due to the number of images involved.......

Well, I was all set to go with Spezia, for reasons outlined above, but I just wasn't feeling it with them. I think I'm going to go back to my first idea of starting with Venezia. I'm desperate to have an epic save in Italy like SnakeXe's with Messina! I really like the idea of taking over Venezia, especially as I found out that they are one of the only Italian clubs to have an English style Supporters Trust.

Anyway, the problem I have is that I don't have an up-to-date logo for them. So this is where I am humbly requesting the help of the FMCU people.

So far, I have these:

Which are perfect. When it comes to making the background left and background right thingys though, I'm totally baffled. It's beyond my computer expertise!

I found that someone had made this:

But that doesn't seem to be right.

I found these instructions on the Skinning forum - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...d-FM2010-Logos - but it's way over my head. I don't know how to do it.

Could anyone help me with getting the transparent right and left logos? I'd really appreciate any help.

World Cup Winner

I've downloaded loads of them but I've not got a clue when it comes to creating them. I usually just put a request in on another forum (sortitoutsi), I can usually find someone helpful there to do it for me.

Thanks D.

I'll try the sortitoutsi forum then.

Reserves

Sorry to hear that rancer Are you experiencing crash dumps regularly then? I've only experienced a handful but i'm only patched up to 11.2.1, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I'm experiencing crash dumps on specific dates, and I can't even holiday past them. Really annoying.

And crouchy, you probably need photoshop to make those transparent logos.

I've got GIMP but I cannot work out how to do it. So confused.

Amateur

I've got GIMP but I cannot work out how to do it. So confused.
    Pm'ed you about this C.

Youth Team

If you dont get it sorted by Tuesday ill do it for ya but I'm away from pc till then otherwise ill crack them all out and the config file as got to make someone kits for my save

Got it sorted. Thanks for the help everyone.

After all that with the logos, I've loaded up the Venezia save and been playing it a bit this evening, and I'm just not feeling it again.

Maybe I should abandon my 'always start in the lowest league' rule and just start with Hellas in C1! I do really want to do the chasing a repeat of the 1985 miracle, especially since I read about it again in The Blizzard!

I would go back to my calcio journeyman game and continue where I left off there but the pace was too slow on that save due to too many leagues loaded for my poor old laptop.

Don't know what's wrong with me at the moment. I can't seem to get into a save. I know I want an Italian adventure but I can't seem to decide which team!

World Cup Winner

I can't say I'm a big fan of the Italian leagues, I think I'd prefer to manage in Germany.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 69 ... LastLast