+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 7061

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

a sad face for sure...just like how ryan giggs felt and now Gareth Bale...azmazing footballers wholl never grace a world cup.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    What past experience did you start with? I went for semi-pro as sunday league was pretty hard to get a job on. I don't really load the lower tiers as the game starts to run too slow for me after a while.
    Sunday League Footballer. I'm surprised that even Sunday League rep to get me offers from top tier Egypt and Chinese leagues (albeit, they are the worst team in the league but still a top tier job...) but nothing from New Zealand.

First Team Squad Member

There must be some sort of randomness to it on Sunday league I got no offers from Egypt, New Zealand and UAE.

First Team Regular

What past experience did you start with? I went for semi-pro as sunday league was pretty hard to get a job on. I don't really load the lower tiers as the game starts to run too slow for me after a while.
    I started with Sunday League rep, and after a couple weeks have an offer from an N-League club.
    Last edited by Jason the Yank; 06-11-2010 at 00:31.

Reserves

There must be some sort of randomness to it on Sunday league I got no offers from Egypt, New Zealand and UAE.
    Or maybe because I'm just half-Asian...

Part-timer

I think Sunday league is random, feels that way to me as Scottish 3rd Division clubs wouldn't hire me

First Team Squad Member

Sunday League is usually the lowest rep isn't it? Ever since they mucked up automatic, anyway.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Sunday League is usually the lowest rep isn't it? Ever since they mucked up automatic, anyway.
    I'm not actually sure with this version. I went with Sunday League as at least I know what I'm getting with that.

First Team Squad Member

Sunday League is probably safest.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I'm planning on starting a journeyman career as soon as I get the game and the first patch is released. The only thing I haven't decided is quite which leagues I'll be loading.

Has anyone had any experience running a long term game with a low performance rating? I have a feeling my FM2010 game was 5 stars for game speed so I'd be interested to hear just how slow things can get in the future.
    I'm interested in this too. Is the performance star rating more reliable on FM11 at all?

I think when I end up on FM11, it will be a journeyman save for me.

Has anyone got any experience with a similar spec laptop to mine (Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz & 3GB RAM)? I always tend to be cautious as I think the laptop is on the slower side of things. I get 2.5 stars for the general computer performance rating.

I quite fancied running somewhere between 5-7 countries mostly on defaults. Probably something like: England (all leagues), Scotland (all leagues), Wales (top league), Italy (top 2), Spain (top 2) and Sweden (top 2). That's a total of something like 17 leagues from 6 countries. I'd probably use a medium database. This set-up gives me 2 stars for estimated game speed.

Any advice appreciated!
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 06-11-2010 at 13:37.

First Team Squad Member

This forum is really going to take off this year, seems obvious there will be more careers than ever to me.

Amateur

This forum is really going to take off this year, seems obvious there will be more careers than ever to me.
    Definately planning on doing some on 2011 once I have logos and additional leagues downloaded and working, and ofc when your continental challenge is running

First Team Squad Member

Be good to see you taking up the challenge, I have a working New Zealand league but need to test to make sure qualification for OFC Champions League works. Hopefully have the challenge up and running early next week.

Semi Pro

I reckon so too ! I can see some great reads on the horizon

Reserves

Ahh, it's too slow right now for me. Maybe 102 leagues wasn't the best idea...perhaps I'll scale back to 80-90 leagues, around the spec for the latest FM10 Crazy Canuck save.

Waiting for La Liga clarification as well so I'll delay starting my real career game till then.

Amateur

Anyone have any tips on resizing screenshots? Mine are looking tiny!

First Team Squad Member

I use www.imageshack.com then you can select to resize them as you upload them I select 800x600 and they fit nicely on the page.

Amateur

Thanks AcidBurn, that's done the job nicely!

Youth Team

I was in a way disappointed to finally get my FM11 copy delivered today as I didn't manage to get to the 2030 World Cup on my FM10 save over the weekend. I'm itching to get started on the new game so the last March to July stretch on the Tribute World Tour may be a bit of a slog... ;)

Third Team

I'm waiting till Xmas for my crack at FM11.

Having serious trouble chosing which club to be tho'

It's out of Albercete, Beira-Mar and Catania

First Team Regular

Gah!

Trying to edit in the US second and third divisions, and the editor is throwing a fit.

Trying to split the second division into its two conferences, and the editor keeps telling me "Minimum number of teams 11, found 0" when I've organized the league the same way as the lower developmental league (with teams assigned to the sub-division as opposed to the parent league) :mad:

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Gah!

Trying to edit in the US second and third divisions, and the editor is throwing a fit.

Trying to split the second division into its two conferences, and the editor keeps telling me "Minimum number of teams 11, found 0" when I've organized the league the same way as the lower developmental league (with teams assigned to the sub-division as opposed to the parent league) :mad:
    I tried and failed Jason. I gave up on that already...the editor still has that problem of assigning the PDL as the 2nd tier, when clearly the USSF-D2 is the 2nd tier...pretty annoyed that SI didn't change that.

Amateur

In my first season with Man United I won the treble, Chicharito got European Champions League Golden boot and best player, I signed Cristiano Ronaldo for 34million as he was transfer listed by request and i got him for 195k per week!
    Spurs finished second, Birmingham, Blackpool and Wigan were relegated and promoted to PL were Bristol City, Sheffield United and Nottingham Forrest. My highest score was 6-0 away to Bayern Munich in the champions league ist knockout round when i won 9-1 on aggregate

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I'm waiting till Xmas for my crack at FM11.

Having serious trouble chosing which club to be tho'

It's out of Albercete, Beira-Mar and Catania
    Career game, surely? Then you can be them all at some point! ;)

Reserves

Have decided to load the ultimate career game. 133 leagues across all continents which have football leagues, 124k players. Of course, some are view-only leagues so I hope it all works out..

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Have decided to load the ultimate career game. 133 leagues across all continents which have football leagues, 124k players. Of course, some are view-only leagues so I hope it all works out..
    That's a lot of leagues! I hope it'll run smoothly.

First Team Regular

I tried and failed Jason. I gave up on that already...the editor still has that problem of assigning the PDL as the 2nd tier, when clearly the USSF-D2 is the 2nd tier...pretty annoyed that SI didn't change that.
    Yeah, I can't figure out how to get around it (but I'm quite pants at editing competition ), short of replacing everything including MLS.

Part-timer

O_O Whoa!!

Third Team

Career game, surely? Then you can be them all at some point! ;)
    Very much so! Was just thinking as a start club!

First Team Regular

Is it just me, or do video uploads take forever?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller View Post
    Anyone have any tips on resizing screenshots? Mine are looking tiny!
    If you use Photobucket, select 'more options' under the green upload button and then select the '1MB' option.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    Is it just me, or do video uploads take forever?
    Yeah and often fail.

First Team Squad Member

I have never had one fail usually only takes 2 minutes to upload them in my experiences. It is much quicker than when I used FRAPS on FM10 to capture the video with and then upload to youtube.

Reserves

Erm, guys, check your game saves, specifically two national teams (I think that's the only clue I'll need to give you), and check your updates folder in Program Files in the FM11 directory. In the update file with those two files where you need to delete it to 'unlock' everything...well if you deleted them before you resumed your saves, congratz, if not, you're screwed like me...

First Team Squad Member

Having major problems on my Auckland City save, my manager reputation is not increasing at all despite two league wins and two O-League wins. I quit Auckland City and cannot get a job anywhere at all no 2nd division Mexican or Brazilian teams will look at me at all. All interest in any job at any level is laughed off so my challenge and maybe my career thread is screwed up if I cannot get a job anywhere at all. I am seeing managers with the same rep(national) as me getting jobs ahead of me. I even holidayed for 2 and a half years and still no luck at all. Not sure what to do, might be a bug due to starting in a created league although that seems a bit weird. Any ideas? I do not want to download an editor or anything like that.

Reserves

I have never had one fail usually only takes 2 minutes to upload them in my experiences. It is much quicker than when I used FRAPS on FM10 to capture the video with and then upload to youtube.
    Are you trying to upload in 1080p though? Because it's still crashing.

Having major problems on my Auckland City save, my manager reputation is not increasing at all despite two league wins and two O-League wins. I quit Auckland City and cannot get a job anywhere at all no 2nd division Mexican or Brazilian teams will look at me at all. All interest in any job at any level is laughed off so my challenge and maybe my career thread is screwed up if I cannot get a job anywhere at all. I am seeing managers with the same rep(national) as me getting jobs ahead of me. I even holidayed for 2 and a half years and still no luck at all. Not sure what to do, might be a bug due to starting in a created league although that seems a bit weird. Any ideas? I do not want to download an editor or anything like that.
    IMO, it might be your league setup...I think you should have loaded some lower leagues, or at least some 'smaller' European nations or smaller Asian nations.

First Team Squad Member

I thought it might be the league set up but on FM10 I moved straight from New Zealand to Australia and could have gone to Japan or Egypt as well. The set up doesn't really answer why the reputation has not gone up at all since the start of the game despite winning stuff. I think I may have to start again.

Youth Team

I've read the above posts, but whats the general opinion with career games on FM11??

World Cup Winner

I'm not using any created leagues but I've seen my reputation move from 'Unproven' to 'Regional' in just over two years.

Reserves

I thought it might be the league set up but on FM10 I moved straight from New Zealand to Australia and could have gone to Japan or Egypt as well. The set up doesn't really answer why the reputation has not gone up at all since the start of the game despite winning stuff. I think I may have to start again.
    It might be nationality too. My real life HK second nationality helps me get jobs from Asian clubs. Maybe use the same setup and load all the leagues (like down to the BSN/BSS in England for example) from a nation and see how it goes.

First Team Squad Member

I'm not using any created leagues but I've seen my reputation move from 'Unproven' to 'Regional' in just over two years.
    That is what is annoying me I have seen my manager rep go up in my other saves but not this one.

It might be nationality too. My real life HK second nationality helps me get jobs from Asian clubs. Maybe use the same setup and load all the leagues (like down to the BSN/BSS in England for example) from a nation and see how it goes.
    I think nationality is holding me back on getting a job along with the reputation thing. I am pretty sure I saw a Brazilian download that put Brazil into 4 tiers rather than how it is now. I will maybe make a Brazilian manager and start there leaving New Zealand until last.

Amateur

That is what is annoying me I have seen my manager rep go up in my other saves but not this one.

I think nationality is holding me back on getting a job along with the reputation thing. I am pretty sure I saw a Brazilian download that put Brazil into 4 tiers rather than how it is now. I will maybe make a Brazilian manager and start there leaving New Zealand until last.
    Sent you a private message re: that NZ edit discussed in the challenge thread acid. On the nationality thing I started with English and had offers from League 2 clubs on Semi-Pro rep, on the one hand I could play on and see what jobs I can get as I've loaded a lot more leagues but don't know how much time I'll have.... would be a shame if we have to wait for more edited leagues to arrive before this challenge is really workable.

First Team Regular

I'm on National in the middle of my first season, but I'm managing in Wales.

Amateur

im going to be starting my Updates soon managing the mighty Rangers

Stafford that is!!
    Last edited by streety; 15-11-2010 at 23:39.

World Cup Winner

It's been a while since I've been involved in this 'moving clubs' lark, I've pretty much forgotten how to do it.

Which of these is the best way to go about getting a new job at a better club?

Applying while under contract
    Resigning then applying
    Allowing my contract to expire
    Waiting for an offer while at a club

First Team Squad Member

I am not sure I can be much help but when I have moved clubs I resigned as soon as I achieved my goals and always moved to a better club. My missus just applies at better clubs as she plays and that seems to work out well.

First Team Squad Member

Imo it would be resigning then applying, or letting your contract run out.

First Team Squad Member

I agree with Standard liege!

Definitely not the last one as that doesn't tend to happen very often until you get to Championship level in my experience.

First Team Squad Member

I just got this message from Photobucket:

Every free account with Photobucket is allotted 10 GB of monthly bandwidth and our records show that you have less than 3 GB of bandwidth left to your account.
    Can someone give me an explanation, preferably with small words and big pictures.

What exactly does that mean? It goes on to say, 'if you exceed the free allotted bandwidth remaining for your account, your files will be temporarily disabled and replaced with a "Photobucket Bandwidth Exceeded" icon for the remainder of the month's cycle'. I'm a bit worried about that.

How can I avoid this and what exactly does this bandwidth message mean? Is it just as simple as the number of photographs I'm uploading or what?

Perhaps I should find an alternative site to use for the rest of the month, to make sure that my pictures don't get disabled. Any suggestions?

Reserves

I just got this message from Photobucket:

Can someone give me an explanation, preferably with small words and big pictures.

What exactly does that mean? It goes on to say, 'if you exceed the free allotted bandwidth remaining for your account, your files will be temporarily disabled and replaced with a "Photobucket Bandwidth Exceeded" icon for the remainder of the month's cycle'. I'm a bit worried about that.

How can I avoid this and what exactly does this bandwidth message mean? Is it just as simple as the number of photographs I'm uploading or what?

Perhaps I should find an alternative site to use for the rest of the month, to make sure that my pictures don't get disabled. Any suggestions?
    There's imageshack which isn't that bad, and you don't need to sign up to use it.

Reserves

I don't know whether I can ask in here but as some of you may know I have my career updates thread going. The thing is I am under achieving. the question I would like to ask is if I leave before I am sacked and then join another club and do well and then say the Nottingham Forest job becomes available again will the board consider me for the job again. Will they consider me for it if I am sacked as well and I do what I have said.

Part-Timer

Each time that someone views one of your pictures, that image is fetched from Photobucket to their computer. So, if the image is 100kb in size and 10 people view it, that's 1,000 kb of bandwidth that you've used.

That's the core of it. Usually, the image is saved on the viewer's computer so they don't need to refetch it if they return to the page, there are some other things in there, too; but that's the core math. So, there are a couple of options to manage it--(1) use smaller images, (2) remove some of the older images, etc.

And, of course, the use of imageshack is always a possibility, although, I believe they have their own set of limits/restrictions.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Makonnen View Post
    Each time that someone views one of your pictures, that image is fetched from Photobucket to their computer. So, if the image is 100kb in size and 10 people view it, that's 1,000 kb of bandwidth that you've used.

That's the core of it. Usually, the image is saved on the viewer's computer so they don't need to refetch it if they return to the page, there are some other things in there, too; but that's the core math. So, there are a couple of options to manage it--(1) use smaller images, (2) remove some of the older images, etc.

And, of course, the use of imageshack is always a possibility, although, I believe they have their own set of limits/restrictions.
    That's a very helpful post. Thanks Makonnen.

So I guess in this sense, it's best not to use image tags most of the time, because everyone is automatically 'fetching' your pictures, whereas if you use URL instead, only those who click will be 'fetching' it, right? Does that make any sense?
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 18-11-2010 at 16:28.

First Team Squad Member

Out of interest, what do people do with their screenshots for their career threads?

What I mean is, how long do you keep them? When do you delete them? And so on and so forth.

Reserves

Out of interest, what do people do with their screenshots for their career threads?

What I mean is, how long do you keep them? When do you delete them? And so on and so forth.
    I never delete mine. I don't like deleting things...lol

Although if I do need to delete some of the older screenies from FM08. But that's if I really need to delete them.

First Team Squad Member

rancer890 do you have a working J-League? I downloaded the one in your thread in the challenge forum but it just showed up as greyed out. It is possible that I did something wrong though lol.

First Team Squad Member

I never delete mine. I don't like deleting things...lol

Although if I do need to delete some of the older screenies from FM08. But that's if I really need to delete them.
    Do you ever get bandwidth problems then Rancer?

I suppose the older pictures don't get looked at as often anyway.

I've just checked my bandwidth thingy and it's now only 1GB left. I guess the best way ahead for me is to just make sure I don't upload any more screenshots for the rest of the month and use ImageShack instead.

Semi Pro

I tend to delete pictures in older threads that people (or myself) don't read any more. But I suppose if you're gonna use ImageShack C. it doesn't really matter.

First Team Squad Member

Has anyone got any tips on avoiding the bandwidth going so high again?

Posting up less screenshots is an obvious one!

Will it make a difference if they are URLs rather than IMG tags?

Any other tips?

Reserves

rancer890 do you have a working J-League? I downloaded the one in your thread in the challenge forum but it just showed up as greyed out. It is possible that I did something wrong though lol.
    The one from neoseeker? Just download the update file and it should work. It should be called japan_updated_2010.dbc

I'm quite sure it works as it's fine in my career game

Do you ever get bandwidth problems then Rancer?

I suppose the older pictures don't get looked at as often anyway.

I've just checked my bandwidth thingy and it's now only 1GB left. I guess the best way ahead for me is to just make sure I don't upload any more screenshots for the rest of the month and use ImageShack instead.
    I don't go anywhere near the bandwidth limit. Probably because I don't post many screenies and the images I insert in the forum are from wikipedia. Maybe you can change the screenshots when you press alt-F9 into jpg files because the difference in file size is quite large (in PNG it's 600 something kb, and in JPEG it's around 200 kb)

World Cup Winner

I used up just 427mb of bandwidth with my FM2010 pictures, which were all direct links rather than embedded pictures. Reached 90% of my storage allowance though

Part-Timer

The biggest tip would be to reduce the size of the image you upload to photobucket. This is usually done by making the files smaller in their dimensions--converting a file that is very wide to one that is only 400 pixels wide, for instance. Sometimes, you can make them smaller by converting them to less image-rich formats--gif's, for example, are generally smaller in size than jpg's.

Reserves

I'm slightly worried now. I haven't had a message like this yet but I'm uploading a few screenshots now.

First Team Squad Member

The one from neoseeker? Just download the update file and it should work. It should be called japan_updated_2010.dbc

I'm quite sure it works as it's fine in my career game
    Got it working now cheers.

Does photobucket allow you to resize the image to 600x800 like imageshack does?

First Team Squad Member

Thanks for the tips everyone.

First Team Squad Member

After not being able to get a job I have started my challenge again with more leagues open, I will not be starting a career thread until I have at least 5 seasons in the bag I just hope me having to start again will not put people off reading once I get going in a new thread.

First Team Squad Member

I'm sure it won't AB. Shame you're having these problems. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted with more leagues running.

First Team Squad Member

I am sure my FM11 is cursed for my career, first I could not get a job anywhere so had to start again and now I keep getting crash dump error on the same date all the time. 6 seasons as Sunderland manager and no crash dump at all one season in New Zealand and now I cannot continue. I really don't know what to do I have wasted a fair few hours doing this, thinking of waiting for the last patch before starting properly.

World Cup Winner

Is NZ an added league?

Personally I don't trust the added ones as you can't guarantee they will be tested before the game is released.

First Team Squad Member

New Zealand is added I have to add it as it's the only way I can win all the champions leagues. It went fine for 3 seasons first time I played there now I am not sure what to do as I could end up playing another season all for nothing.

First Team Squad Member

I know this is a simple thing and you've probably already done it but have you tried restarting your computer?

The last few times I got crash dumps on a certain date, the problem went away after resetting my laptop.

First Team Squad Member

I just swore at the screen a couple of times and deleted the save. One last try to get this challenge under way if something goes wrong then I will give up until the third patch is released and try again then.

Reserves

AcidBurn if you want, I can help you setup the game and link you the gamesave. Are your crash dumps happening at the start of the game? And are you using Steam?

If you have a crash dump on a particular day, holidaying past it usually does the trick.

First Team Squad Member

I am using steam and the crash dump on that game kept happening on the 5th of March, I tried holidaying through it but it would crash every time. If this attempt does not work then I will take you up on setting the game up. Thanks very much for the offer dude.

First Team Squad Member

So I tried again but holidayed for a season before getting into a game and it crashed on a different date this time. I have loaded a different New Zealand league now as when I had a different one the game went fine, is it possible that the custom leagues are making the game crash?

Just set it to holiday while I am at the football should do a few seasons by the time I get back so I can see if it crashes again. If it does I will PM you later tonight rancer.

Amateur

Got my mits on the new game. Is it me or do games set up faster now? I set up a game with around 75 leagues by 24 nations and on last years game I had a similar set up but this year's seemed a lot quicker. Good omens I must say

Reserves

I don't know how possible it is but with what Crouchaldinho mentioned the other day about Photobucket, surely it would be worth it to set up an email account or few and then set up Photobucket accounts through the email addresses. Surly this could get around having to delete old images to make room and stuff. I was reading the other stickied thread in here and got my idea from that. I don't if it has been mentioned or not before, if not what do you guys think?

Reserves

So I tried again but holidayed for a season before getting into a game and it crashed on a different date this time. I have loaded a different New Zealand league now as when I had a different one the game went fine, is it possible that the custom leagues are making the game crash?

Just set it to holiday while I am at the football should do a few seasons by the time I get back so I can see if it crashes again. If it does I will PM you later tonight rancer.
    Well hope you can fix your problems. If not, just PM me, although I'll be busy tonight watching the MLS Cup Final, at BMO Field in Toronto.

Youth Team

well after some time away mainly down to black ops i came to have a nose around and have come across people mentioning this transfer bug? I dont fancy going through the GD forum and reading the countless threads on it so i thought id ask in here. Does it really make it unplayable as many are suggesting. I dont fancy playing a game where i can exploit it in a sort of way by signing world class players for cheap. Should i just carry on with BO till this issue gets fixed?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    well after some time away mainly down to black ops i came to have a nose around and have come across people mentioning this transfer bug? I dont fancy going through the GD forum and reading the countless threads on it so i thought id ask in here. Does it really make it unplayable as many are suggesting. I dont fancy playing a game where i can exploit it in a sort of way by signing world class players for cheap. Should i just carry on with BO till this issue gets fixed?
    I've not noticed it at all, although I'm playing in the lower leagues so I'm not in a position to sign players for money. My guess it is only an issue if you start off as a massive club, or get there quite quickly.

Reserves

The transfer bug only really happens when you're at a big club. I haven't noticed anything in my games either and Messi is still at Barca, CR7 at Madrid, etc.

First Team Squad Member

I played 6 seasons as Sunderland and only noticed Balotelli moving for around £6 million 3 or 4 seasons in. Other than that all transfers were reasonably realistic, people in GD moan but for FM10 they were saying that the prices were too high and wanted prices more like what they are seeing in FM11.

Part-timer

4 - 4 for my first match in my first job = a good sign for a good save

Semi Pro

Has anyone got any tips on avoiding the bandwidth going so high again?

Posting up less screenshots is an obvious one!

Will it make a difference if they are URLs rather than IMG tags?

Any other tips?
    Reduce the quality of the image ;)

I use paint.net, which is free and you can compress the image, more compress lowers quality but massively reduces file size

Flamers

Youth Team

Just trying to get my new career set up with with a few custom leagues but the set up now says not responding...

Youth Team

Having said that, it just jumped to the add manager screen

Semi Pro

Will look forward to reading it! Which leagues have you added? The custom ones I mean? Add on leagues from FM10? Or newly made FM11 leagues?

Youth Team

You'll have to wait and see ;)

I found some South American and African leagues here: Nick, Triv, Tharros, and StuW's Additional Leagues for FM11 (FM Base)

For some others, I played around with the FM10 xml files a bit to adjust the league dates and teams. Probably not 100% accurate but it will do!

Amateur

Had a decent game going then my pc decided to crash. Had done a tonne of work in the editor for it also :/

Amateur

This might be old news because it's on FM10.

Just noticed that Mark Clattenburg (I have other names for him) was the Ref in all of my last 3 PL matches.

Part-timer

Drat, I get in a position where I can take over local side Exeter City in my journeyman game and they are rock bottom of league 2 and my current club Woking are 12th with 19 points more. Really wanted to represent my local side but it's a step down

First Team Squad Member

Is it technically a step down though Azeryk-? I mean, are they perhaps still a bigger club with better resources?

I took what might be considered a 'step back' in my calcio journeyman save. I dropped a division in that instance but knew that it was a good move for my career because the club had more resources and was in a better situation financially etc.

World Cup Winner

I did that as well. I think it is pretty natural for an up and coming manager to take a step down the league to a bigger club with a better history.

Part-timer

Well they are not that much bigger as they have slipped in game compared to real life. I ended up declaring interest in the position but was never given the option to apply so it ended up going to the caretaker manager who has the same rep as me. I do have itchy feet and want to move on now though and every job applied for I keep losing out to people with the same rep as me so I think being at a club is putting clubs off from hiring me. Tempted to leave Woking at the end of the season as my contract expires then and after two promotions from BSS to L2 they are pretty much as high as I could have hoped for.

World Cup Winner

I found the same, I couldn't get any offers while under contract but got loads while unemployed. Perhaps the compensation is putting them off?

Part-timer

Most likely, unless an amazing opportunity creates itself then I'll leave at the end of the season when my contract expires and see where things take me from there. But it looks like I've secured their football league status for another year so it's pretty much mission accomplished. So far I've managed:

Code:
    Season   Country     League              Club            Position        Cups
    2010/11  England     Blue Square South   Woking          14th
    2011/12  England     Blue Square South   Woking          1st
    2012/13  England     Blue Square Premier Woking          1st
    2013/14  England     League Two          Woking

Woking
    2011/12 - Blue Square South Winner
    2011/12 - Blue Square South Manager of the Year Runner-Up
    2011/12 - Blue Sqaure South Manager of the Month (x1) 
    2012/13 - Blue Square Premier Winner
    2012/13 - Blue Sqaure Premier Manager of the Year

Part-timer

Well Oxford want me bad as they are willing to leave the position open until the end of the season for me to decide. Tempting as their wage budget is 3x what I have right now.

Reserves

Are agents offering you guys a whole lot of players? I have the same few African agents offering me all their youngsters. Even signed a couple of them with Anhui since they were CSL quality.

Part-timer

Now manager of Bury who were struggling the season after I left Woking, has declined Stockport only the week before and there is huge potential for progress with Bury. Also become manager of the Cook Islands - never going to win any tournaments with them but will add something new to the mix.

@rancer890 - I was offered a couple whilst at Woking but nothing worth signing, or that I could afford

First Team Squad Member

My best result ever after beating Serbian White Eagles 4-1 in round one we were 9-1 underdogs against Pohang who we beat 1-0. Then lost to Barcelona 2-1 in a good defensive performance. 3rd place play-off and we managed to win, easily the best match I have ever been part of on any FM ever to beat the champions of South America with a New Zealand team is awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 65 ... LastLast